Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 01:31:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Loss almost 40%, should stop trading or not ?  (Read 32499 times)
roadbits
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 05:37:59 PM

Well 40% is too much and you should be stop trading because it seems that its not your cup of tea. Well its an art which not everyone can master it as it require skills to understand and knowledge to trade . Though it involves risk but so are the returns from it if you get it right.

Nope don't give up mate, 40% loss is high amount but now you come out from trading next you will never try and miss many opportunities to make money from trading. With this loss, I think you learned many lessons what to do and what not do. So use your strategies and try to get back your loss. Suppose if you lost money in gambling I will never say that play again and get back your lost. But in trading, you can. Work dedicatedly and earn money.
Idrisu

Activity: 924
Merit: 260

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 06:32:36 PM

I will advise you to continue as loses is part of a successful trading. In trading I do ask myself any time I make a loses trading, what really happened, was I emotional or greedy when placing the order for my position? Before I answer all this question I will find out that the reason why I loses was because I did not do the rich things! From there I will take responsibility for my actions and console myself with the aim that I will succeed in the next trade. Op please continue after you spend some time developing your strategy and plans. You should not trade without improvement from were you are now. May the God of cryptocurrency be with us all.
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 08:01:23 PM

I will advise you to continue as loses is part of a successful trading.
It's important to note that at first, the losses are somewhat part of the learning process, but if that changes into structural losses after a year or what, then you're doing something badly wrong.

Losses are only part of trading if they fit in the category of collateral damage, and exactly this is something that goes up only for high skilled traders with years of experience to back up their actions.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
Sanitough

Activity: 2828
Merit: 673

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 12:05:15 AM

I will advise you to continue as loses is part of a successful trading.
It's important to note that at first, the losses are somewhat part of the learning process, but if that changes into structural losses after a year or what, then you're doing something badly wrong.

Losses are only part of trading if they fit in the category of collateral damage, and exactly this is something that goes up only for high skilled traders with years of experience to back up their actions.
I even lose 100% of my capital in trading but that does not make me stop, instead I work hard to improve my mistakes and I
am hoping that slowly I will be able to get back my loses and be on the profitable side one day. Well, that was a long time ago because
now, I am already enjoying my profit in trading, if you quit you will never win, remember that.
quarkyplum

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 05:16:00 AM

Trading with btc - eth, I buy too high ( 0,082 ) and today I sell all on 0,077. Before that trade btc - ripple ( xrp ), make mistake buy 0,0002150 so today I sell with price 0,0001200. I decide to sell all because my patience is finish. I have loss almost 40% from my money, my question is simple ................. stop or continue?
Don't give up with first time loss, when starting trading, any trader on the world's always get some loss. But after thay, if you can keep calm and see again your misstake in history, use this experience to trading in next time and waiting success!
Remember trading is the road only learn and learn, not have limit
HasHe

Activity: 952
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 05:35:35 AM

Trading with btc - eth, I buy too high ( 0,082 ) and today I sell all on 0,077. Before that trade btc - ripple ( xrp ), make mistake buy 0,0002150 so today I sell with price 0,0001200. I decide to sell all because my patience is finish. I have loss almost 40% from my money, my question is simple ................. stop or continue?
Altcoin is more volatile than bitcoin.You have bought high and sold at low.You have just done panic selling.No research.Not analyzed the price movements of coins you have bought.You must have a little bit patience to earn.Now just hold your bitcoins.Since bitcoin price is steadily rising,you could get good profits within six months by just holding your bitcoins.Remember investment in bitcoin should be made on a long term basis.
Hui8

Activity: 602
Merit: 259

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 09:13:56 AM

What you were upto when the loss was happening? You should have stopped earlier than this. The trading works on how much you can earn and how much you prevent from loosing. This is the formula to be a successful trader. I think you should have stopped earlier and check for the news and updates  on the commodity which you were working on. It is always good thing to do that. It helps you decide whether to keep the trade on or. Not if some storm is comping upfront. :-)

raven7886
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1041

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 07:55:55 AM

Altcoin is more volatile than bitcoin.You have bought high and sold at low.You have just done panic selling.No research.Not analyzed the price movements of coins you have bought.You must have a little bit patience to earn.Now just hold your bitcoins.Since bitcoin price is steadily rising,you could get good profits within six months by just holding your bitcoins.Remember investment in bitcoin should be made on a long term basis.
Profit and loss is part of every business. It obviously doesn’t mean you should stop trading with bitcoins. At the start trading can seem very hard and people may lose their faith but you have to have some courage to see yourself emerging out of loss to profit.

If a trader lost 40% today, surely after he will learn how trading works and gain some skills then may be his daily profit is 40% also which is a lot, but people even earn double. It completely depends on our focus and hard work.
cshelswell

Activity: 615
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2017, 08:00:56 AM

Profit and loss is part of every business. It obviously doesn’t mean you should stop trading with bitcoins. At the start trading can seem very hard and people may lose their faith but you have to have some courage to see yourself emerging out of loss to profit.

If a trader lost 40% today, surely after he will learn how trading works and gain some skills then may be his daily profit is 40% also which is a lot, but people even earn double. It completely depends on our focus and hard work.

Yep I did just that, in both Crypto and stocks. I held a lot of Zetacoin once and it's price had been rubbish for months and months. It suddenly rose a little and was worth a few $k so I was like "right time to sell" so sold all up. Big mistake, yeah it's ok to sell a little but if you're well in profit after doing that it's a good idea to hold a few. I'd have been in the $10-15k up the day after!

The way I look at it are that losses just need to be made in to gains. Ok so you lost 40% try and use 20% to get a little back and bit by bit you might find you do well.

iram1011

Activity: 896
Merit: 521

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 08:24:16 AM

Everyone makes loss while trading. It isn't a big deal. I agree your one was a big percentage. Usually people make huge loss because of impulse trading. First thing you should do is give yourself a break, try to know whether you want to start afresh, if yes then try to learn about trading. Read experience of people. You will get many. Don't try to copy them, just learn what mistake they made. You can read Trading Chaos by Bill Williams. You can watch Coinigy shows on YouTube. Search more about trading and techniques if you want to go back to trading.  Smiley
evermarkets

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

Founder of EMX

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2017, 08:31:38 AM

I used to be a quantitative trader full time, and still trade on the side now.  And I can tell you that I've taken bit hits, and have taken big wins as well.  It's natural to lose, but at the same time, it's the best (and only?) way to learn.

I'd try to see what you can learn from this experience.  If you're day trading (can't tell your horizon from your post), I would say that daily stop losses are a good way to force a max loss per day, and give you additional time to reflect.  Try to figure out what you did wrong and be more methodical in the future.  Be positive!

Feel free to PM me if you want to talk about trading mentality.

EMX | Trade equity, currency, and commodity futures
★ $1,200 Trillion+ Market ★ Ripe for Disruption ★ Massive Growth
» Twitter | » Reddit | » Telegram
RealPhotoshoper
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 08:53:40 AM

Everyone makes loss while trading. It isn't a big deal. I agree your one was a big percentage. Usually people make huge loss because of impulse trading. First thing you should do is give yourself a break, try to know whether you want to start afresh, if yes then try to learn about trading. Read experience of people. You will get many. Don't try to copy them, just learn what mistake they made. You can read Trading Chaos by Bill Williams. You can watch Coinigy shows on YouTube. Search more about trading and techniques if you want to go back to trading.  Smiley
also don't forget to trade the money you can afford to lose only.
otherwise your trading could be a disaster istead a way to make money steady right?
cut loss never be a good feeling , people should understand about it , and to take a break for a while is the best choice to calm down yourself.
iram1011

Activity: 896
Merit: 521

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 08:57:43 AM

also don't forget to trade the money you can afford to lose only.
otherwise your trading could be a disaster istead a way to make money steady right?
cut loss never be a good feeling , people should understand about it , and to take a break for a while is the best choice to calm down yourself.
Yeah, trading the money that you can afford to lose is the key point in trading. Person should always be ready for the worst case scenario. This way they don't panic and stay calm.
Lorilikes

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

Content| Press Releases | Articles | Strategy

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 09:01:53 AM

Ouch!  I would like to first say that I am sorry for your misfortune.  Then I want to point out That you said exactly the right word to describe the issue that will need to be fixed in order for you to successfully invest and profit. You said you are IMPATIENT.  
If you decide to buy again, lock it up in a vault and forget about it for a few months.  Perhaps this will be the only way to achieve results for you, and it works.  I like to take a small amount of all my funds- every time - and stash away just enough that could pay for a cup of coffee or a dinner.  Then I delete that amount from my mind totally. So the money doesn't exist to me any more.   It adds up quick and when I am ready to look into the vault it's going to be enough to pay for my sons college. Voila.  

To answer your question:  continue, but be patient....

Ask Me About Press Releases and Content Creation
★▃ ▂⭐️▂ ▃ ▅ ▆⭐️▆ ▅ ▃ ▂⭐️▂ ▃★

★▃ ▂⭐️⭐️▂ ▃ ★✨
✨★▃ ▂⭐️▂ ▃ ▅ ▆⭐️▆ ▅ ▃ ▂⭐️▂ ▃ ★✨

⭐️▂ ▃ ▅ ▆⭐️▆ ▅ ▃ ▂⭐️

★▃ ▂⭐️▂ ▃ ▅ ▆⭐️▆ ▅ ▃ ▂⭐️▂ ▃★

⭐️▂ ▃ ▅ ▆⭐️▆ ▅ ▃ ▂⭐️
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 10:38:20 AM

I even lose 100% of my capital in trading but that does not make me stop, instead I work hard to improve my mistakes and I
am hoping that slowly I will be able to get back my loses and be on the profitable side one day. Well, that was a long time ago because
now, I am already enjoying my profit in trading, if you quit you will never win, remember that.
Good for you that you managed to gain profits after losing big time, but what exactly have you learned?

In most cases people just blindly trade in the hope that they will be on the positive side after a while. Some times they lose hard, and some times they win hard ~ what makes you think you're not one of them?

Trading only makes sense if you know how to properly analyze the market, and read out as much information as possible that brings you as close as possible to a profitable trade. It ain't something easy.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
daneranon89

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

True Flip ICO: 28 of June 2017

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 11:26:49 AM

Good for you that you managed to gain profits after losing big time, but what exactly have you learned?

In most cases people just blindly trade in the hope that they will be on the positive side after a while. Some times they lose hard, and some times they win hard ~ what makes you think you're not one of them?

Trading only makes sense if you know how to properly analyze the market, and read out as much information as possible that brings you as close as possible to a profitable trade. It ain't something easy.

I will tell you one thing that worked for me. Invest. I mean invest for 2 years at least. Don't touch your investments at least for 2 years and you will do fine. Don't trade simply looking at prices that are pumped up. Buy only when the price is red and is consolidating. That is when you make money. I bet you lost money because you bought when it was high.

jossynakamoro

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 06:30:47 PM

90% of coins i lost where through stop losses. my first rule is I never sell bitcoins. I wait for it to fall significantly and then go bullish. If you go bearish with BTC, whenever it moves up to a new support, you loss money and since we all know that BTC's value would in the long run always go up, why then go against the market. In my own opinion:
1. Always go bullish. Patiently wait for the price to drop and then BUY unless you're scalping.
2. Don't jump out of trades even if you are dip down unless it's obvious you bought into a bubble.
3. You could place "take profit" margins but forget stop losses, you'll loss money.
4. Get familiar with indicators. They help. Alot.
[#longLIVEcryptos]

p.s. try practicing with a demo account.
Baofeng
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1659

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 08:19:46 PM

I will tell you one thing that worked for me. Invest. I mean invest for 2 years at least. Don't touch your investments at least for 2 years and you will do fine. Don't trade simply looking at prices that are pumped up. Buy only when the price is red and is consolidating. That is when you make money. I bet you lost money because you bought when it was high.

Of course holding long term investments is better than maybe day trading. But some don't have the patience to really hold for long term because of other reasons. But I have to agree that holding long term will really put you in an advantage because the chance of getting profit is huge specially in bitcoin market. So hold then go back after 2 years to reap your rewards.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
iamaruf

Activity: 1064
Merit: 265

Vave.com - Crypto Casino

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 10:34:20 PM

If you can't control your emotion then you should stop. Because treading is not emotional game. this is patience game. Treading first rule is Buy low and sell high but you did wrong. You have to wait for next pumping. Hold if you are in lose. If you are in profit then sell.

ivar

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 01:01:27 AM

Life is a set of experiences, one good and the other bad but no one never know which is the most beneficial for you,
In my opinion you do not need to ask this question because you do not need only yours, however, if you have lost the hope of winning and the motivation to trade stops anyway, otherwise rebelote the game !!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: