Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 08:38:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... 111 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [CVC] CIVIC Tokensale Successfully Completed  (Read 173551 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
daniweb

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 05:59:21 AM

Just wait for tokens on exchange. I am telling to friends if they are able to get CVC for under $1 then it is a great deal. Hold long term!
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
prawda

Activity: 239
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 06:42:54 AM

I thought the ICO was very well executed personally. It provided a nice contrast to how Status.im conducted their ICO the same day.

Civic:
- queued their contributions to prevent network congestion
- ensured everybody had a space in line.
- provided clear information on when it would open (9am), so just get in line before that time and you're pretty much guaranteed a spot. Also communicated to users while they were in the line with a notice box.

- no queuing, and disrupted the entire network for hours with what amounted to a DDoS attack on the network by its own users
- no guarantee for a space in line, just an address that you need to send money to asap
- communication breakdowns while the entire network slowed to a crawl and people were sending money to a smart contract with no response. They took down their Slack channel after the blowback.

Civic conducted their ICO responsibly and professionally and I hope other ICOs follow their example.

Maybe for many it was great, but for me it was the worst ICO of all. Not only the app didn't work on my phone (was brand new 1.5 years ago, android) after using another phone, getting a spot in the queue, after I sent out an ether transaction exactly as the civic.tokensale page told me, it just gave an "bad jump" error, I tried it another time, just wasted more gas...

Brand new is not 18 months old, especially in the phone market.  If you have an android you could/should update the phone to the latest software when released, then your phone would have been able to download the app.  It's not Civic's fault you don't keep your devices up to date. 

please read carefully before smartypanting!
I said it _was_ brand new, just to state it is not like 5 years old. However I got it to work with a 3 year old android phone... Of course keep the android updated, thanks for this advice Cheesy Cheesy
What made my experience so bad was not the problem with the phone but rather that I was early enough in line, I got a spot, Civic told me which amount of ether to pay, what data to append, but still in the end the transaction failed. Furthermore nobody can tell me what the problem is. Civic support doesn't answer (I suspect they get a lot of tickets). So of all ICOs, which I tried to get in, this was the only one that didn't work for me.

aladinlondonuk

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 09:23:40 AM

I dont know what you are talking about. I was 8xxx and i was still able to get $500 slot.
The way line was moving i didnt think i even had a chance. but you have to admit, despite all the issues lot of ppl were able to buy in. May be not for amount we expected but atleast got in.

According to the ICO website your funds will be "locked" for 3 weeks while they audit and send out the Civic tokens. It is on their website FAQ/Whitepaper.

I guess my main beef with the ICO is that I had $7,500 I was going to put into the project, and by the time I was number 1,000 in line they only had the $50 portions left. So yeah, not worth my time.

Had they done smart contract I could have sent my Eth and gotten the coins and all would have been well.

I was thinking the same thing when I read that...my friend was around #7000 and managed to get a $500 teir
dynamixvolt

Activity: 51
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2017, 10:45:42 AM

I dont know what you are talking about. I was 8xxx and i was still able to get $500 slot.
The way line was moving i didnt think i even had a chance. but you have to admit, despite all the issues lot of ppl were able to buy in. May be not for amount we expected but atleast got in.

According to the ICO website your funds will be "locked" for 3 weeks while they audit and send out the Civic tokens. It is on their website FAQ/Whitepaper.

I guess my main beef with the ICO is that I had $7,500 I was going to put into the project, and by the time I was number 1,000 in line they only had the $50 portions left. So yeah, not worth my time.

Had they done smart contract I could have sent my Eth and gotten the coins and all would have been well.

I was thinking the same thing when I read that...my friend was around #7000 and managed to get a $500 teir

You could easily buy them on an exchange when they are launching Smiley Its going to 10x easy, luckily I got in the $1000 package

Trade Bitcoin and Shitcoins up to 100x Leverage.

Now with a 10% Discount

Trade SHITCOINS Today Get Started BELOW

http://bit.ly/bt6Lt3c
sarsbuk

Activity: 11

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 10:48:34 AM

I thought the ICO was very well executed personally. It provided a nice contrast to how Status.im conducted their ICO the same day.

Civic:
- queued their contributions to prevent network congestion
- ensured everybody had a space in line.
- provided clear information on when it would open (9am), so just get in line before that time and you're pretty much guaranteed a spot. Also communicated to users while they were in the line with a notice box.

- no queuing, and disrupted the entire network for hours with what amounted to a DDoS attack on the network by its own users
- no guarantee for a space in line, just an address that you need to send money to asap
- communication breakdowns while the entire network slowed to a crawl and people were sending money to a smart contract with no response. They took down their Slack channel after the blowback.

Civic conducted their ICO responsibly and professionally and I hope other ICOs follow their example.

Maybe for many it was great, but for me it was the worst ICO of all. Not only the app didn't work on my phone (was brand new 1.5 years ago, android) after using another phone, getting a spot in the queue, after I sent out an ether transaction exactly as the civic.tokensale page told me, it just gave an "bad jump" error, I tried it another time, just wasted more gas...

Brand new is not 18 months old, especially in the phone market.  If you have an android you could/should update the phone to the latest software when released, then your phone would have been able to download the app.  It's not Civic's fault you don't keep your devices up to date. 

please read carefully before smartypanting!
I said it _was_ brand new, just to state it is not like 5 years old. However I got it to work with a 3 year old android phone... Of course keep the android updated, thanks for this advice Cheesy Cheesy
What made my experience so bad was not the problem with the phone but rather that I was early enough in line, I got a spot, Civic told me which amount of ether to pay, what data to append, but still in the end the transaction failed. Furthermore nobody can tell me what the problem is. Civic support doesn't answer (I suspect they get a lot of tickets). So of all ICOs, which I tried to get in, this was the only one that didn't work for me.

Smartypanting over!  My 1st payment failed also.  Luckily I kept the payment page open and the second attempt was successful.  Sorry you missed it.
hansi33

Activity: 4

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 10:49:10 AM

Hi,

I didnt received an  Mail but the money is already sended...why?
SvenBomvolen

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 11:18:38 AM

has anyone received any details from civic? any more details from them?

i sent payment, received email they received my payment but i dont  know how much i bought, was charged 0.9btc!! tried support a milion times but no response.

civic, comeone say something!!
They have a delay with answering because of there is huge number of people who are trying to buy or get an answer for some questions. I planned to buy civic yesterday, but it was written like I am 2000 in the line for buying, please wait.
esprit577

Activity: 541

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 12:49:17 PM

It's only $500 when it's my turn Cry
Sowik

Activity: 532
Merit: 327

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 02:08:32 PM

How much emails did you get when you bought your Civic?
I got only one with my payment details and also saying "This is not a receipt. Your final token allocation is not confirmed until the token sale is over.".
Was I supposed to get another one after the trasaction was confirmed?
dangerfish

Activity: 4

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 02:55:20 PM

Just to confirm,  is it safe to assume if you were given an a block of coins to purchase-were unable to get the transaction to go through for technical reasons-your lot has been sold to someone else by this point?  I have emailed support trying to get assistance in buying my allocation of coins but to no avail.
Konet

Activity: 47

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 02:58:51 PM

Just curious if sent in my payment within 12hrs after I was provided with the deposit address.. and the payment shows its completed on blockchain however I didn't get any email back from Civic stating anything.. I emailed support yesterday still waiting for my response..

Wanted to know if anyone else haven't gotten their email from civic for the payment you Sent
daniweb

Activity: 448

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 05:35:05 PM

There are some guys who are selling civic.
People, rather buy from exchanges once it lists. Buying from some dude on telegram is more than certainly a scam.
vipercps

Activity: 336

The market of algorithmic crypto trading strategie

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2017, 05:37:43 PM

I'll search more .... I find it interesting.

██
                           ██████
                         █████████
                      █████████████
                    █████████████████
                      █████████████████
                       █████████████████
              ███        █████████████████
            ██████        █████████████████
          ██████████        █████████████████
       ██████████████        █████████████████
      █████████████████        █████████████████
       █████████████████        ████████████████
        █████████████████        █████████████
          █████████████████        █████████
           █████████████████        ██████
             █████████████████        ██
              █████████████████      
                █████████████████      
                 █████████████████      
                   █████████████████      
                    █████████████████      
                      █████████████████      
                       █████████████████      
                         █████████████████      
               ███        █████████████████
             ██████         █████████████████
           ██████████        █████████████████
         █████████████         █████████████████
          █████████████████        ███████████████
            █████████████████        ███████████
             █████████████████        ███████
               █████████████████        ███
                █████████████████
                  ████████████████
                   █████████████████
                     █████████████
                      ██████████
                        ██████
                         ██

●●  VISUAL STRATEGY BUILDER  ●● BOUNTY | ANN | WHITEPAPER 
●●  FOR CRYPTOTRADING  ●●●●●●●● TELEGRAM | FACEBOOK | TWITTER 
         ALGORITHMIC TRADING | STRATEGY OPTIMIZATION | COPY TRADING
dineshary

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 05:45:01 PM

https://hitbtc.com/exchange/CVC-to-USD

any idea about these tokens?
Dean_Jue

Activity: 202
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 05:58:02 PM

Project start at new begining. Hope everything go well.
dishku
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 06:02:54 PM

These are IOU tokens not official one which is planned to distributed in next few days. I would like to say this it's pretty risky to buy these tokens just wait for official announcement from the team.
cjmoles
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2017, 10:15:10 PM

These are IOU tokens not official one which is planned to distributed in next few days. I would like to say this it's pretty risky to buy these tokens just wait for official announcement from the team.

Are there already exchanges ready to have the tokens available?  And, when will the initial coin offering tokens be distributed to the investors....do they have a concrete date set yet or is that date still not determined?  I imagine that there may be a pretty good dump like usual so I'd like to be watching just in case there might be an opportunity to catch some value there.
Lorilikes

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

Content| Press Releases | Articles | Strategy

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 06:26:43 AM

Are there already exchanges ready to have the tokens available?  And, when will the initial coin offering tokens be distributed to the investors....do they have a concrete date set yet or is that date still not determined?  I imagine that there may be a pretty good dump like usual so I'd like to be watching just in case there might be an opportunity to catch some value there.

A lot of people are antsy and are asking about WHEN the distributions begin.  While I don't have the definite answer,  I think the demand for the initial offering was astonishing.   They have a dedicated page on their site showing a timeline, and it is still undetermined other than July as far as I can see.  Here is the link, which I assume is updated with news daily.   https://tokensale.civic.com/index.html#timeline

Profits will be sweet, enjoy that knowledge while the  Civic team sifts and sorts through the massive workload they have to tackle. 

Cheers, and may your investments multiply generously! 

Ask Me About Press Releases and Content Creation
★▃ ▂⭐️▂ ▃ ▅ ▆⭐️▆ ▅ ▃ ▂⭐️▂ ▃★

★▃ ▂⭐️⭐️▂ ▃ ★✨
✨★▃ ▂⭐️▂ ▃ ▅ ▆⭐️▆ ▅ ▃ ▂⭐️▂ ▃ ★✨

⭐️▂ ▃ ▅ ▆⭐️▆ ▅ ▃ ▂⭐️

★▃ ▂⭐️▂ ▃ ▅ ▆⭐️▆ ▅ ▃ ▂⭐️▂ ▃★

⭐️▂ ▃ ▅ ▆⭐️▆ ▅ ▃ ▂⭐️
ASHLIUSZ

Activity: 994
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 10:29:22 AM

What's there to fear about the civic token. This has already ended their ICO Presale and soon gets listed to the exchnages. As one of the user stated it's gonna be a sweet Profiting token as the base of the project is the identity verification which gets used all around as well none has thought about this earlier.
thepo1m

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 12:38:54 PM

I think Civic allocation of investment queue number to investor is a good thing, instead of just allowing some people to game the system and buy up the ICO.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... 111 »
  Print  

Jump to: