Bitcoin Forum
July 06, 2024, 08:15:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][LINX] Linx | POW(Scrypt) | *** Dec 18 Mandatory Wallet Update ***  (Read 84421 times)
sherm77

Activity: 95
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2017, 08:29:32 PM

http://zpool.ca - is not normal pool. there a lot of coins are mined and then the exchange is exchanged for a linx. It's not profitable at all

Really? Have you mined there?  What algo and what power?

I've made over 6,100 LinX since Friday evening mining on the scrypt pool.  I would say that it's a bit profitable.  I made a lot of coin using my own equihash miners on the equihash pool earlier in the year, then I was renting sha256 bitcoin miners, x11 & scrypt miners and getting paid in komodo.. thousands.  I'm just a user of the pool, but saying it's not profitable is not the truth.  If you want to compare it to pools that are exclusively mining a coin with lots of power, it may be true in some aspects.  If you are cpu mining a coin that has asics and gpus, no, probably not profitable.
mylinx (OP)

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2017, 02:07:53 PM

IMPORTANT INFORMATION regarding the LINX Web Wallet

https://mylinx.io/news/web-wallet-disabled-important-information/

As you will be aware, we disabled the Linx Web Wallet recently so we could run tests against potential risks.

We take the security of your holdings very seriously.

We have concluded, that at this current time, web wallets as a model for storing cryptocurrencies have potential vulnerabilities that we are not happy to expose our users to.

With our current plans, Linx is about to be introduced to a significant amount of new users with very little or no previous crypto experience. We want Linx to be a smooth, pleasurable and most importantly safe way for all users to transact and store currency.

We know that most of you are already fully aware of the risks of holding large amounts of your currencies in web wallets and have alternative storage as recommended, but new Linx users may not be.

It is very important to us that we protect all users as much as possible, and to this end, we have decided that the Linx web wallet will remain offline for the foreseeable future or until we feel confident that the potential risks with web wallets have been eliminated.

All users of the Linx web wallet with positive balances will be contacted directly to arrange transfer of their funds*.

If you don’t already have an alternative wallet you can download a version for your operating system directly from us. If you need help installing or using your new wallet please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us and we’ll guide you through it.

Kind regards,

Team Linx

*If you did not supply an email address when you signed up, please contact us.

mmo_online_1981

Activity: 798
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 03:01:55 PM

Thank your info! I allway used wallet in destop/1 It need more time to sync but It will be safe
swagkiller69

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 02:49:07 PM

Hoping the official pool will return soon
whattomine.com reports linx is always in top 3 for mining profitability recently!
I have been mining linx on GCPool and Nicehash when the price is good (and exchanging my btc for linx!)
9Bank

Activity: 229
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2017, 02:43:48 AM

Can someone tell me how LINX web-wallets using Google Authenticator were vulnerable to hacking?  Huh

mmo4me.2016

Activity: 812
Merit: 256

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 01:45:59 AM

Can someone tell me how LINX web-wallets using Google Authenticator were vulnerable to hacking?  Huh
I don't know but i don't like web wallet! I want to hold my coin ( real)
 Grin Grin Grin 
chobani

Activity: 43

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 12:58:46 AM

With our current plans, Linx is about to be introduced to a significant amount of new users with very little or no previous crypto experience. We want Linx to be a smooth, pleasurable and most importantly safe way for all users to transact and store currency.

Been a bit quiet from the devs lately, and with the statement above I can feel that the next update is going to be a big one.

Quite nice volume on Cryptopia today too (20BTC).  Smiley
kaQing

Activity: 7

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 09:59:28 AM

Please add me to the slack

Kaqing2@protonmail.com
sidathsaumya

Activity: 51

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 11:34:46 AM

Please add me to the slack

Kaqing2@protonmail.com

Just sent you a one.
Take12

Activity: 12

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 02:33:09 PM

Please add me to the slack: jedireach@gmail.com
sidathsaumya

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 03:56:07 AM

Please add me to the slack: jedireach@gmail.com

Just sent you a one  Smiley.

And if anyone else need an invite to slack, please send me your email or you can ask in below community drivern telegram channel for an invite as well.

https://web.telegram.org/#/im?p=@LINXCOIN

Thanks,

Sidath.
sidathsaumya

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 05:55:34 AM

It's a serious product. Need to wait some time to make profi

Yeap, it's really cheap and you can buy around 1100coins per 100USD, just buy few thousand and just forget about it.

Once this coin goes mainstream and used in real world, price will hit at least 10$. So just come back maybe after a year and take a nice profit.

As devs stated before, they've got everything planned out and they've already got the main players in their bag, just they need the time to implement one by one and the project will grow slowly but steadily.
sherm77

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2017, 02:24:00 PM

It's a serious product. Need to wait some time to make profi

Yeap, it's really cheap and you can buy around 1100coins per 100USD, just buy few thousand and just forget about it.

Once this coin goes mainstream and used in real world, price will hit at least 10$. So just come back maybe after a year and take a nice profit.

As devs stated before, they've got everything planned out and they've already got the main players in their bag, just they need the time to implement one by one and the project will grow slowly but steadily.

Well said!  I would encourage the miners out there to hold and not sell right away.  Some of you need to do that, but consider mining and getting paid in BTC instead and then buy linX as you want.  You can do that at multi-algo switching pools like http://zpool.ca and others.

As Sidath said, once it starts being used by the target community & venues, the value will increase far beyond the current exchange demand.
machouno

Activity: 13

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 11:03:44 PM

Hi guys

Been trading for a few months, but never mined anything. I know that with a "normal" laptop it's considered completely useless, is it also the case for small coins such as this one ?

Thanks !
sidathsaumya

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 03:50:24 AM

Hi guys

Been trading for a few months, but never mined anything. I know that with a "normal" laptop it's considered completely useless, is it also the case for small coins such as this one ?

Thanks !

Hey, i think it is not possible to mine anything with just CPUs even with the small coins, but you may be able to install a graphic card on your computer and use that to mine.

Cheers,

Sidath.
mylinx (OP)

Activity: 136

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2017, 01:26:08 PM

Hi guys

Thanks !

Hi,

You really need ASIC hardware now as the nethash and difficulty are so high.

Something like this would get the job done, although it's not cheap and they are sold out from the distributor :

https://www.antminerdistribution.com/antminer-l3-plus/

You will be able to find one on Ebay or Amazon but resellers are charging way over the original price for them.

skdsw

Activity: 319

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 08:49:32 PM

For whoever moderates this ANN, http://zpool.ca is an active LinX mining pool and I can say that it's working very well.  Could you add this pool to the list of the mining pools?  It's a multalgo switching pool, you can actually mine to other algo's and get paid in LinX if you want (or other coins they mine).

Scrypt mining info:

url:  scrypt.mine.zpool.ca:3433

workername:  LinX receiving address

pass:  c=linx

No logins necessary.  Automatic payouts.  I've personally been using this pool for almost a year with great success.
But zpool switches between coins within algo
sherm77

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2017, 10:08:50 PM

Hi guys

Thanks !

I'd like to chime in and say that it's 'possible' to make a little linX, can't tell you how much, with a normal cpu.  The m7m (Magi coin - XMG) algo is cpu only, and has the highest profitability on zpool.  If, for example, you use zpool.ca and mine to the m7m pool, you could give you linX address and specify c=linx.  So, you mine the m7m coin and get paid in linX.  It might only be a trickle, but worth a try.  Do a search for the m7m algo in Bitcointalk and you'll find the info on it as well as pools and miners.  I only have a little experience with m7m and have tinkered with it a few times.
sherm77

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2017, 10:11:43 PM

For whoever moderates this ANN, http://zpool.ca is an active LinX mining pool and I can say that it's working very well.  Could you add this pool to the list of the mining pools?  It's a multalgo switching pool, you can actually mine to other algo's and get paid in LinX if you want (or other coins they mine).

Scrypt mining info:

url:  scrypt.mine.zpool.ca:3433

workername:  LinX receiving address

pass:  c=linx

No logins necessary.  Automatic payouts.  I've personally been using this pool for almost a year with great success.
But zpool switches between coins within algo

That's true..  but I've mined almost 15K linX on the scrypt pool, so is it that bad?  I've been waiting for the official pool to be alive before switching over.  I've mined a bunch and bought a bunch.  Works for me.
machouno

Activity: 13

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 11:01:01 PM

Thanks for your answers guys, appreciated.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 »
  Print  

Jump to: