Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 06:18:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][LINX] Linx | POW(Scrypt) | *** Dec 18 Mandatory Wallet Update ***  (Read 84417 times)
TheHoneyBadger

Activity: 11
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 09:25:24 AM

What makes you say that soon there will be growth? Wasnt a roadmap deadline just missed?

Yeah it was missed but still shows that traxsource is a legit & well known partner. I guess it's still accumulation time for lots of holders, LINX will go big, question is just when. I'm staying patienced, but I have to say; I'm invested with only 2-3% of my portfolio. For me it's worth the risk.

"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
steve0nz

Activity: 358
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 11:04:36 PM

What makes you say that soon there will be growth? Wasnt a roadmap deadline just missed?

Yeah it was missed but still shows that traxsource is a legit & well known partner. I guess it's still accumulation time for lots of holders, LINX will go big, question is just when. I'm staying patienced, but I have to say; I'm invested with only 2-3% of my portfolio. For me it's worth the risk.

I disagree. I believe this is a risky investment.
- The people who manage this project are doing a poor job of managing expectations.
- A lot of the Linx communities are not happy with the way this project has been run.
- The Linx team has constantly missed deadlines.
- A good example is this ANN, they haven't bothered to change the images on it which is misleading.

For example read below...

Latest update from the team today on Slack.

Q1 is over - this is still on the ANN. It's misleading.

Anyone remember this video where more claims were made for Christmas 2017?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FFW-kBGG4Q
wdelius

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 08:29:38 AM

Ya I too am a bit disappointed over the roadmap deadlines being missed. I have pretty good faith in this team though.

ORVIUM        Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain        ORVIUM
█    Whitepaper        Telegram        Twitter        Facebook        Reddit        Blog    █
▇▆▅▃▃▃▃▃▃   Token Generation Event: Coming Soon   ▃▃▃▃▃▃▅▆▇
sidathsaumya

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 05:15:28 AM

Linx Progress Update in Slack

Hey guys,

Hope you're all well.

To address one of the issues brought up recently we are going to be posting progress updates and answer some of your questions every week or two from now on. Any questions you have can be posted in any of the Linx social groups and we'll pick a few and answer what we can.

Progress Updates :

-- Exchanges: As you are all no doubt aware the space has changed a lot over the past few months and many exchanges now only seem to be interested in ERC20 tokens that have raised significant funds from an ICO - and therefore can afford the substantial listing prices that some centralised exchanges are currently charging. We have some options on the table but we would really like to hear feedback from the community as to which exchanges they would prefer to see us spend the money on.

With that said we are totally prepared to follow the listing fee route with exchanges that still offer this option (fewer and fewer of them around it seems), but as mentioned above we would like to get some feedback from you guys before we proceed as we need to choose wisely. We want to ensure that there is a bigger marketplace for Linx traders but at the same time we don't want to see pump and dumps.

We have already submitted listing applications to several of the big exchanges but we have no further details to report at this time.

We've also begun adding Linx to voting systems on exchanges that offer this feature. Here is the voting link for SouthXchange - https://www.southxchange.com/Home/Vote - the Linx voting address is 16bt2DWHh2hxzgjK31sCifiLuUcvQaUFti if you want to support this listing. If there are any exchanges in particular that you would like us to add please let us know.

Although this is not ideal right now we believe that the future is going to be much brighter as more and more people move towards decentralised exchanges. We most certainly will be adding Linx to as many of these as possible as soon as the updated Linx source is released. The updated source fully supports DEX requirements.

-- Platform: We implemented some exciting tech this week on the streaming side of things. Beta testers will get to try it first and once we're happy that the platform is ready to launch we'll be able to tell you about it. Yes this is secretive but for good reason. We are not trying to sell anything based on this information, we're just keeping you in the loop while building something new and fresh. The last thing we need is somebody trying to copy our ideas before we've had a chance to release them. All things going well we should be in a position to give you a timeframe for the beta release in the next update. If you are wondering why you can't see any activity on our github for anything to do with the platform it's because it's all being done on our own self hosted private gitlab repository. At some point in the future we may open this repo up for community contributions, but for now it's strictly an in-house affair. Just because you can't see what's happening doesn't mean we're not busy beavering away :slightly_smiling_face:

-- Retail Integration: No further news on this at the moment, please see the statement from Traxsource if you are unaware of the current situation.

Please get your questions in for the next update, we're listening :slightly_smiling_face:

Wishing you all a fantastic week and, as always, thank you for being #LinxHeadz!

https://www.southxchange.com/Home/Vote

******************************************************************************************************

User: "can you expand even a little on the music streaming platform?"

Linx: Sure, the streaming part is just one aspect of the platform. It will enable artists to self-distribute. It can be used to simply showcase their work (think Soundcloud etc) or it can be used as a direct-to-fan sales platform utilizing instant purchases and downloads. It can also be used as a secure private distribution platform, for example - a producer or band sending out demo's to record labels. The labels will be able to play the track but the public will have no access or even knowledge that the track exists.

User : "Regarding the exchanges and fees: can you elaborate on what options are on the table?"

Linx: We'd rather not for the simple reason that once we start naming exchanges it opens up the doors for potentially negative responses aimed at said exchanges, remember this is all being discussed in a public forum. But more importantly, we don't want to lead the conversation. Right now the addition of new exchanges is more important to you guys than it is to us, so we'd rather hear what you want without trying to steer the debate in one direction or another.

Thanks for the suggestions of exchanges so far, please keep them coming.
sidathsaumya

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 12:57:39 PM

What exchange would you like to see Linx being listed on? Please vote.

https://strawpoll.com/15h49efy

Note: On recent dev update, devs asked the community what are the most preferred exchanges Linx community want and here we have setup a vote.
Please note that this is just a internal community vote and it might end up no where so just keep it internally. Thanks.
phuognz999

Activity: 99

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 11:06:01 AM

Im curious that Is it profitable to mine this coin? Lips sealed
phuongthaopt212

Activity: 26

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 04:49:10 PM

Does anyone know a linx pool located in USA or Canada and not other continents? Currently Im mining at GCPool but it seems to me to be located in Europe and I would rather stick to pool located as close as possible. Thanks in advance.
hashrefinery

Activity: 120
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2018, 03:00:01 AM

Does anyone know a linx pool located in USA or Canada and not other continents? Currently Im mining at GCPool but it seems to me to be located in Europe and I would rather stick to pool located as close as possible. Thanks in advance.

We're USA based and have Linx: http://pool.hashrefinery.com/site/gomining?algo=scrypt

Note you'll be mining the algo, not Linx specifically, but you can be paid in Linx.

Hash Refinery Pool http://pool.hashrefinery.com/ - Over 50 coins active on 15+ algos - Receive payouts in any listed coin or auto-conversion to BTC
ikicha

Activity: 788

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 03:11:13 AM

Happy May 1

What's going on with Linx?
Price fall from 2700 sats to 800 sats. WOW.
but i'm bought LINX at 1100 sats, and i trust this project with low market cap
counterline1

Activity: 80

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 03:42:19 AM

what is the price of tokens?
keydean00

Activity: 25

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 10:55:49 AM

I bought a lot of money before, but I still have some money, and I plan to hold it for a long time because it's been improving all the time
sidathsaumya

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 11:28:42 AM

Latest dev Q&A from Slack Channel

Dev: Hi guys, please find some responses to your recent comments, suggestions and questions below.
Team Linx

User: "wish we had more info about the payment system"

Dev: As mentioned before, we spent months building a highly customised version just for Traxsource. As well as being a realtime payment processing engine it also includes a fully detailed customer management and tracking system including accounting and refund processing. It's incredibly simple to install on a retailers server and it is also completely self-hosted. It doesn't rely on, or even talk to, any of our servers. It only requires one live encrypted node (that doesn't even have to be localised) to connect to the Linx blockchain and a server with a valid SSL certificate to operate. It will convert several different FIAT currencies into Linx on the fly based on the current average exchange rate and includes weighting options for the retailer to cover any potential price swings. It's a fully automated system that creates unique user accounts for each customer and tracks their purchase history - it can even offer automatic discounts based on this. It fully integrates with any existing customer database or accounting system that a retailer may already have. It has several levels of security built in including anti-fraud mechanisms. It has a complete user management system whereby the sysadmin can grant varying levels of restricted access to company employees. It truly is a one click solution for any retailer that wants to start accepting Linx on an existing store and a fully functional out of the box customer management system for those wanting to open an online store from scratch. What was once a simple payment processing engine has evolved into a beast of a system unlike anything else out there in this space for sure.

User: "Do you feel the current developers can handle the workload required? Any plans to expand the linx team in the near term?”

Dev: It is a lot of work, and the unexpected delays haven't helped at all, but it's important that these early stages of the platform are completed by the core team as they understand the full vision. Yes, we absolutely plan to expand the team once the platform stage is out of the way. We are actively looking for a dedicated lead iOS Dev, (if anybody in the community has suggestions we are all ears). We've already got people waiting to go with regards to the music PR side of things, we've had them from the start.

User: "new exchange suggestions"

Dev: Many thanks to all of those that have put forward their suggestions of potential exchanges. We have been making applications where relevant. Some exchanges have already got back to us with offers of listing fees. Once we hear back from all of them we'll review the situation and decide where to go from there.

User: "Bittrex"

Dev: We have already re-submitted Linx for listing on Bittrex. When we originally submitted it last year, the circulating coin supply was too low. At the time they required at least 10% of the total supply to be out there, this wasn't the case back then, but it is now. Please keep in mind that if Bittrex does decide to list Linx we will not be able to talk about it.

User: "TradeOgre also is free and good coins are being added there"

Dev: Linx has been submitted for listing on TradeOgre.

User: "Dex exchanges"

Dev: We will be submitting to many of these as soon as the updated source code is released. There are BIP's in the updated source that are required for DEX listings.

User: "what about the exchange you said you had?", "why aren't you talking about that?", "they have also made irresponsible announcements such as that they had 1 definite and more pending exchanges"

Dev: We have definite options on the table to pay for listing Linx. We are not going to disclose what exchanges these are until, and if, we decide to actually go with any of these. This was the primary reason why we asked for your opinions.

User: "starting a community fund to cover exchange listing fees"

Dev: Thank you, this is true community spirit and let's us know how much you care about this project being successful! Hopefully this won't be required but it's good to know that some of you have got our backs in this respect Smiley

User: "there's something fishy going with big buy orders", "looks like insider trading", "somebody knows something"

Dev: As mentioned above, we have submitted Linx to several exchanges. It's possible that any of these could have decided to get some supply prior to a potential listing, but if that is the case we certainly wouldn't know about it.

User: "linx kiosk and linxtalk.org"

Dev: Neither of these are anything to do with us.

User: "They abandoned the project for the moment. No roadmap,no news about exchanges, no news about the integration with TRAXSOURCE, no real dates when they communicate Only promises. I think they did on puropose to let the price go down"

Dev: Categorically not true. Why would we want to kill the value of our own project and upset the entire community at the same time? We’d lose all round! If anything, it's posts spreading FUD like this that could be having negative effects on the price. Of course it's your right to say whatever you want if that's what you believe, just don't expect anything positive to come of it if you do though.

User: "sometimes I think they are professionals and they know what they do, other times I think they are naive and lacking in experience", "i think they are just to slow for crypto business", "I feel like the project is being run by arrogant musicians rather than business folk with common sense", "honestly I dont think we can expect anything from Linx"

Dev: How are these comments at all helpful or constructive? Insulting our project management, our team's characters' and our abilities has no value and is nothing more than that - throwing insults. Not only is it unhelpful but it’s irresponsible to the rest of the community. These forums were set up for supporters of the project. Please remember that they are also accessible to any potential exchange or business partner. Anybody that uses these forums to simply slag off the project and the team are undermining all of our efforts and the efforts of the rest of the community to move the project forward, not to mention the negative effects comments like this will have on new members joining.

User: "They have said many times their least concern is the investors"

Dev: Of course we are concerned that people have put their faith and trust in us and we aim to deliver, but if you want us to make a choice between working on making this happen or spending our time posting pointless updates to keep speculators happy the work will win every time.

We all win when we achieve what we've set out to do and then you guys start shouting about how great it is and inviting people to see for themselves. We've taken onboard the valid criticisms about the lack of communication and are actively rectifying that.

User: "You don't have to do things just to tick them..."

Dev: So you want us to lie then? Wrong project.

User: "I doubt linx really want to avoid the crypto community and not understand the importance of community support, but their stance is that they only want hype when the hype is supported by fact. After being burnt by their own mini-hype they are even more conservative in leaking info now."

Dev: 100% correct. It has never been our intention to cut the crypto community out, if that were the case we would have just got on and done our thing without even bothering to tell anybody about it until we were ready to go.

We are all too aware of what "community" can sometimes mean in the crypto space. We know there are many of you that support our vision and are very excited, as are we, about what we are trying to achieve, but sadly this doesn't ring true for lots of others. We're not naive, we know a lot of you are here to make money and then move on to the next thing. That's absolutely fine, but don't get that confused with "community support". What we have tried to do from the start is minimise the hype/fud that "communities" rely on as our goal for this project is much more than to just be another coin sitting on an exchange. We are building something that we hope will revolutionise the way assets change hands in our industry (the music business). This is why we haven't subscribed to the same tactics that some other crypto projects use.
We know we have something here and we believe we can make this happen. We don't need, or want, people shilling the project based on future promises. We brought this project to the crypto community to give those of you that liked the sound of what we are planning the chance to get involved and support it early. We knew we were a way off from realising most of our goals which is why we haven't hyped it yet.

User: "hard questions require harder answers"

Dev: Couldn't agree more, let's do it!

User: "1. Rapidly improve the entire approach to communications and remove all previous lead dev arrogance.”

Dev: Communication criticisms have been taken on board, hence the regular Q&A. Lead dev arrogance? What is your reason for this comment? Please expand.

User: "2. List the coin on many many more exchanges immediately (Use dev fee if needed and discuss community raised funds).”

Dev: As mentioned above, Linx has been submitted to many exchanges and the community raised funds issue has also been addressed.

User: "3. Hire more team members (actually use the dev fee / no man is an island)."

Dev: So you'd like us to dump our dev fee on the exchanges to hire some more people? What do you suppose that would do to the price and confidence in the project right now? Is this really what you want us to do? We are managing this project responsibly. As explained above, we will expand our team when needed.

User: "4. Set out a new clear product roadmap that is achievable, and stick to it. This is just software, break it down and get it out there.”

Dev: We have a roadmap. This isn't just "software". We are talking about opening up the crypto space to an entirely new market here. The marketing and branding of this project is just as, if not more, important as the "software".

User: "5. Stop creating more hidden sub projects / idealistic dreams, this will hurt the overall brand and project long term, if the mic cable gets pulled out again inadvertently.”

Dev: You mean like issuing a new roadmap?

User: "6. Think about strategy, security and data privacy, way in advance (GDPR re: linx social platform api usage - should have seen that a mile off).”

Dev: Security and privacy have been utmost in our thinking since day one. It's one of the reasons we created Linx in the first place. It's also why we shut down our web wallet. With regards to GDPR we have been fully compliant since the first line of code was typed. What we couldn't account for was how the big social platforms were going to limit, or in some cases entirely lock down their API’s due to GDPR.
We've had to make adjustments based on ongoing changes being made to these platforms, as will any other platform using API’s in this way. As mentioned in the last Q&A this has actually pushed us in another, much bolder direction than we first anticipated. It's just going to take a bit longer to realise it.

User: "7. Release the new 2.0 source code and talk about it with your community."

Dev: The new source is coming and there will be a full update about what's changed when it's released.

User: "8. Do more Q&A’s."

Dev: Hello Smiley

User: "9. Listen to and work with your community (crypto or otherwise) there is much intelligence in mass. Do not ever alienate them again, these are your fans, holders and miners, keeping your network secure. Without them, this will be doomed to the bedroom.”

Dev: We are well aware of the importance of the miners that secure the network. We chose a POW algorithm to ensure that Linx could involve the entire crypto scene. We also value the support of the community when it's real support or valid criticism, and not just bitching because their planned pump and dump didn't pay off. As you can see, we will happily address any valid question or criticism. But we're not going to pander to people that are simply insulting us.

User: "10. Keep positive."

Dev: Why would we not be positive? It does wonders for our team moral reading comments from our "supporters" about how useless we are, it really encourages us. Seriously though, If you really mean this and want us to keep positive then you the community can help with this. Insulting us, spreading FUD & general negging is not the way to help with positivity.

And if you have missed any of previous Dev comments, you will find a complete archive here,

https://www.reddit.com/r/LINXcoin/comments/8gllws/ann_developer_announcements_may_2018/
sidathsaumya

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 11:32:16 AM

If someone still hasn't got the access to Linx Slack Channel, please pm me your email and i will send you a invite.

And if you still haven't joined our Linx telegram channel, here i have shared the link.

https://t.me/LINXCOIN/
metscoin

Activity: 98
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2018, 07:18:02 PM

QueenBee HIVE Mining Pool

⤧ LINX ⤧

Pool: https://hive.gulfcoastmining.com/

US Based
Hourly Payouts
Pool pays all transaction fees
Low Payouts: 0.01 | 0.001 on Sundays
Hosted on Google's best-in-class Cloud

Code:
stratum+tcp://hive.gulfcoastmining.com:3434 -u WALLETADDRESS -p c=LINX

FOR POOL MINING SUPPORT AND COMMUNITY, JOIN OUR DISCORD

Discord - https://discord.gg/QE7Rq4x

NetFreak199

Activity: 910
Merit: 520

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 06:28:41 AM

If someone still hasn't got the access to Linx Slack Channel, please pm me your email and i will send you a invite.

And if you still haven't joined our Linx telegram channel, here i have shared the link.

https://t.me/LINXCOIN/
Really like to see those weekly updates. Still belive in the project. This situation reminds me $DGB a little bit. Just before the huge pump last year.
TheMiningPool.mine

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 03:56:32 PM

Hi all!

We are building a new and amazing multipool for most important coins and altcoins. We still working on the frontend and adding coins.

Need some testing at our stratum servers to check pool efficience and stratum servers stability.

will be glad if some of you can throw some hash at our pool for beta testing.
ALL FEES ARE SET TO 0%
ALL PAYMENTS WORKING!

MINING CONFIG FOR LINX:

--scrypt -o stratum+tcp://theminingpoolstratum.selfip.com:3033 -u Weblogin.WorkerName -p WorkerPassword

Thanks so much for your help!

HAPPY MINING! Cheesy
Regards,
TheMiningPool
tranthanh04100

Activity: 7

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 02:25:23 AM

Oh well, Very good project .... The price will rise with incoming new annoucements !!
sidathsaumya

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 06:22:51 AM
Last edit: May 30, 2018, 12:39:21 PM by sidathsaumya

Please vote below to add Linx on Cryptaldash Exchange.

https://www.cryptaldash.com/new-coin-listing/linx
mylinx (OP)

Activity: 136

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2018, 12:39:37 PM

The first scheduled Linx block halving is set to hit in about 4 days time.

All Linx mining pools please read the following news item as a slight adjustment will need to be made to your config file to reflect the lower dev fee.

https://mylinx.io/news/linx-block-halving-important-info-for-all-mining-pools/

Kind regards,

Team Linx

steve0nz

Activity: 358

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 08:51:32 AM

Oh well, Very good project .... The price will rise with incoming new annoucements !!

Please stop, please stop shilling. Linx Coin has been nothing more then a waste of our money. Many of us can’t wait to get out.

Please stop trying to get others to spend their hard earned money here. It’s unethical.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 »
  Print  

Jump to: