Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 02:48:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... 99 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Credits(CRDS): CPU-only mining | Argon2d PoW - Masternodes  (Read 482465 times)
ronnylov

Activity: 276
Merit: 13

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 08:37:39 AM

I'd like to know this about master nodes aswell.
Please aproove or correct his statement.

@ronnylov as andrew2k mentioned chain sometimes gets stuck for a while, in meantime it seems impossible to mine a block. After it starts functioning normally your calculation should preety much cover actual yeld.
I'm putting two of mine dl580g7 to this project, 200kH/s so far. Keep up the good work devs, I really like the idea.

His calculations are correct and your statement is just as true. Once the network will start functioning normally, after a few updates, the rewards you will get in real life will be just as in theory. Currently, because the blockchain gets stuck from time to time, transactions get delayed and the daily rewards for mining and MN are smaller than they should be.

Thanks!

I also noticed that the blockchain gets stuck from time to time. I will just keep my miner running and see what happens. I won some blocks tonight so it seems to work for now. I will just lower my expectations a bit knowing that it can get stuck. When the blockchain problems are fixed I think mining difficulty will rise as well but so far CPU mining profitability seems not to be worse than other CPU minable coins.

Masternode seems to be a nice feature. I guess that many master nodes will help the blockchain so it is a good thing. Maybe I will try it in future when I have earned more credits.

★★★ LETHEAN ★★★
BLOCKCHAIN BACKED DECENTRALISED P2P VPN
MediumTwitterDiscordRedditFacebookWhitepaperBitcointalk Ann
loremipsum (OP)

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 01:15:19 PM

If you wish to receive your bounty contact andrew2k by PM. The deadline for claiming the bounties is today at 18:00 UTC.

mrankin

Activity: 312
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 09:16:23 PM

Thanks!

I also noticed that the blockchain gets stuck from time to time. I will just keep my miner running and see what happens. I won some blocks tonight so it seems to work for now. I will just lower my expectations a bit knowing that it can get stuck. When the blockchain problems are fixed I think mining difficulty will rise as well but so far CPU mining profitability seems not to be worse than other CPU minable coins.

Masternode seems to be a nice feature. I guess that many master nodes will help the blockchain so it is a good thing. Maybe I will try it in future when I have earned more credits.

With regard to the blockhain getting 'stuck' we have identified an issue in the code that affects how the difficulty is calculated. We are working on v1.2.0 to correct the difficulty calculation and are also working on bringing getwork back into the code to allow for 3rd party CPU miners to be used. When the chain does get 'stuck' sending a few 1 CRDS transactions between wallets will get it moving again. I'm keeping an eye on it all the time and moving it along whenever I stop seeing new blocks solved.

As always, Credits Discord is the best place to have your question answered quickly - https://discord.gg/Q89fuR
awano1125

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 04:55:51 AM

after update wallet 1.1.0 avx2 version.
every time i try to mine ,then wallet program is crash.
cpu intel i7 6700HQ

why? Huh Huh Huh
bspus
Legendary

Activity: 2165
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 05:45:32 AM

after update wallet 1.1.0 avx2 version.
every time i try to mine ,then wallet program is crash.
cpu intel i7 6700HQ

why? Huh Huh Huh

It's been bugged since the start. Hopefully when a separate miner is released, it will be fixed

TorisZA

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 09:35:20 AM

Has a request been made to add this to coinmarketcap yet? Would love to have it on blockfolio as well.
loremipsum (OP)

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 09:55:15 AM

Has a request been made to add this to coinmarketcap yet? Would love to have it on blockfolio as well.

You need at least a 24hr trading volume of $10,000 to apply for CMC listing. Right now, there is around $5000 for CRDS. We will apply once the trading volume increases.

awano1125

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 02:10:27 PM

i would like to know old wallet version still work now?

i cant mine with new wallet version.
J0HN3F1V3

Activity: 244
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 02:40:40 PM

The avx2 version doesn't work at the moment you have to use the non avx2 version

awano1125

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 02:51:39 PM

The avx2 version doesn't work at the moment you have to use the non avx2 version

non avx2 version is working ,thanks
accountantfuttock

Activity: 46

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 12:34:50 AM

WP is definitely worth to read!
pomartin

Activity: 80
Merit: 5

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 09:07:27 AM

Thanks!

With regard to the blockhain getting 'stuck' we have identified an issue in the code that affects how the difficulty is calculated. We are working on v1.2.0 to correct the difficulty calculation and are also working on bringing getwork back into the code to allow for 3rd party CPU miners to be used. When the chain does get 'stuck' sending a few 1 CRDS transactions between wallets will get it moving again. I'm keeping an eye on it all the time and moving it along whenever I stop seeing new blocks solved.

As always, Credits Discord is the best place to have your question answered quickly - https://discord.gg/Q89fuR

Do you have any approx time of mentioned fix release?
According to my measurements blockchain was stuck 48% of time of last 20 hours.
ronnylov

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 11:14:09 PM

Thanks!

I tried the trick to send 1 CRDS between my different wallets and I think I got a stuck blockchain moving aigain :-)

Maybe you can write some kind of automatic script that detects if it get stuck and start moving around some CRDS to make it running so you don't have to manually watch it?

★★★ LETHEAN ★★★
pomartin

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 11:27:45 PM

Thanks!

I tried the trick to send 1 CRDS between my different wallets and I think I got a stuck blockchain moving aigain :-)

Maybe you can write some kind of automatic script that detects if it get stuck and start moving around some CRDS to make it running so you don't have to manually watch it?
Nice!
I already made the script to switch to other coin mining whenever stuck blockchain is detected.
I guess I can input a tx command inside instead of a switching one... BUT... is there a way to make a transaction using console? (no deamon, just gui wallet, windows environment)
ronnylov

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 06:10:54 AM
Last edit: November 18, 2017, 09:36:37 AM by ronnylov

Thanks!

Nice!
I already made the script to switch to other coin mining whenever stuck blockchain is detected.
I guess I can input a tx command inside instead of a switching one... BUT... is there a way to make a transaction using console? (no deamon, just gui wallet, windows environment)

Yes I used the console.
I have creditsd daemon running in background (GUI wallet not active) and make sure it is synced with network.

To get help of commands:
Code:
[ronny@garage1 ~]$ credits-cli help
== Address Index ==
getaddressbalance
getaddressdeltas
getaddressmempool
getaddresstxids
getaddressutxos

== Blockchain ==
getbestblockhash
getblock "hash" ( verbose )
getblockchaininfo
getblockcount
getblockhash index
getblockhashes timestamp
getblockheader "hash" ( verbose )
getblockheaders "hash" ( count verbose )
getchaintips ( count branchlen )
getdifficulty
getmempoolinfo
getrawmempool ( verbose )
getspentinfo
gettxout "txid" n ( includemempool )
gettxoutproof ["txid",...] ( blockhash )
gettxoutsetinfo
verifychain ( checklevel numblocks )
verifytxoutproof "proof"

== Control ==
debug ( 0|1|addrman|alert|bench|coindb|db|lock|rand|rpc|selectcoins|mempool|mempoolrej|net|proxy|prune|http|libevent|tor|zmq|credits|privatesend|instantsend|masternode|spork|keepass|mnpayments|gobject )
getinfo
getmemoryinfo
help ( "command" )
stop

== Credits ==
getgovernanceinfo
getpoolinfo
getsuperblockbudget index
gobject "command"...
masternode "command"...
masternodebroadcast "command"...
masternodelist ( "mode" "filter" )
mnsync [status|next|reset]
privatesend "command"
spork <name> [<value>]
voteraw <masternode-tx-hash> <masternode-tx-index> <governance-hash> <vote-signal> [yes|no|abstain] <time> <vote-sig>

== Generating ==
generate numblocks
getgenerate
gethashespersec
setgenerate generate ( genproclimit )

== Hidden ==
invalidateblock "hash"
reconsiderblock "hash"
resendwallettransactions
setmocktime timestamp

== Mining ==
getblocktemplate ( "jsonrequestobject" )
getmininginfo
getnetworkhashps ( blocks height )
prioritisetransaction <txid> <priority delta> <fee delta>
submitblock "hexdata" ( "jsonparametersobject" )

== Network ==
addnode "node" "add|remove|onetry"
clearbanned
disconnectnode "node"
getaddednodeinfo dns ( "node" )
getconnectioncount
getnettotals
getnetworkinfo
getpeerinfo
listbanned
ping
setban "ip(/netmask)" "add|remove" (bantime) (absolute)

== Raw Transactions ==
createrawtransaction [{"txid":"id","vout":n},...] {"address":amount,"data":"hex",...} ( locktime )
decoderawtransaction "hexstring"
decodescript "hex"
fundrawtransaction "hexstring" includeWatching
getrawtransaction "txid" ( verbose )
sendrawtransaction "hexstring" ( allowhighfees instantsend )
signrawtransaction "hexstring" ( [{"txid":"id","vout":n,"scriptPubKey":"hex","redeemScript":"hex"},...] ["privatekey1",...] sighashtype )

== Utility Function ==
createmultisig nrequired ["key",...]
estimatefee nblocks
estimatepriority nblocks
estimatesmartfee nblocks
estimatesmartpriority nblocks
validateaddress "creditsaddress"
verifymessage "creditsaddress" "signature" "message"

== Wallet ==
abandontransaction "txid"
addmultisigaddress nrequired ["key",...] ( "account" )
backupwallet "destination"
dumphdinfo
dumpprivkey "creditsaddress"
dumpwallet "filename"
encryptwallet "passphrase"
getaccount "creditsaddress"
getaccountaddress "account"
getaddressesbyaccount "account"
getbalance ( "account" minconf includeWatchonly )
getnewaddress ( "account" )
getrawchangeaddress
getreceivedbyaccount "account" ( minconf )
getreceivedbyaddress "creditsaddress" ( minconf )
gettransaction "txid" ( includeWatchonly )
getunconfirmedbalance
getwalletinfo
importaddress "address" ( "label" rescan p2sh )
importprivkey "creditsprivkey" ( "label" rescan )
importpubkey "pubkey" ( "label" rescan )
importwallet "filename"
instantsendtoaddress "creditsaddress" amount ( "comment" "comment-to" subtractfeefromamount )
keepass <genkey|init|setpassphrase>
keypoolrefill ( newsize )
listaccounts ( minconf includeWatchonly)
listaddressgroupings
listlockunspent
listreceivedbyaccount ( minconf includeempty includeWatchonly)
listreceivedbyaddress ( minconf includeempty includeWatchonly)
listsinceblock ( "blockhash" target-confirmations includeWatchonly)
listtransactions ( "account" count from includeWatchonly)
listunspent ( minconf maxconf  ["address",...] )
lockunspent unlock [{"txid":"txid","vout":n},...]
makekeypair [prefix]
move "fromaccount" "toaccount" amount ( minconf "comment" )
sendfrom "fromaccount" "tocreditsaddress" amount ( minconf "comment" "comment-to" )
sendmany "fromaccount" {"address":amount,...} ( minconf "comment" ["address",...] subtractfeefromamount use_is use_ps )
sendtoaddress "creditsaddress" amount ( "comment" "comment-to" subtractfeefromamount use_is use_ps )
setaccount "creditsaddress" "account"
settxfee amount
signmessage "creditsaddress" "message"

To get your wallet address:
Code:
[ronny@filserver ~]$ credits-cli getaccountaddress ""
CX********************************

I omitted account because I use the default account

To send 1 CRDS to this account from another wallet (I send from another computer):
Code:
[ronny@garage1 ~]$ credits-cli sendtoaddress "CX********************************" 1

I just did it again manually and got the block chain going again :-)
It should not be too difficult to make a script that check current block number like every 10 minutes and if number has not counted up we start moving around CRDS and then check again after 10 minutes and so on.
What is normal maximum block time when everything is running as it should?

Edit: I use Linux environment and daemon running. I am mining with the daemon.

★★★ LETHEAN ★★★
mrankin

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 09:08:26 AM

The average block time is 128 seconds so just a few seconds more than a couple of minutes per block.
ronnylov

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 09:43:23 AM

The average block time is 128 seconds so just a few seconds more than a couple of minutes per block.

Yes that is the average. But there should be a normal spread around the average. I will take a look at the block explorer.
Anyway they told me this will be fixed in next wallet version so a script would just be a temporary solution until then.

★★★ LETHEAN ★★★
pomartin

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 09:50:32 AM

Yes that is the average. But there should be a normal spread around the average. I will take a look at the block explorer.
Anyway they told me this will be fixed in next wallet version so a script would just be a temporary solution until then.

Yes but it would be worth it nontheless- currently there is 45% stuck time last 42 hours, wich means 42% less income for miners.
I'll give deamon a go today, hopefully I'll mannage it out
mrankin

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 10:25:36 AM

Yes but it would be worth it nontheless- currently there is 45% stuck time last 42 hours, wich means 42% less income for miners.
I'll give deamon a go today, hopefully I'll mannage it out
There is zero lost income for miners. Once the chain starts moving it again it drops the difficulty in direct proportion to the time since the last block was issued. As a result after it has been stuck there are several blocks solved with low difficulty as the chain still aims to have 128 blocks solved per day.
zhou2

Activity: 240
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 04:36:27 PM

Another cryptocurrency with masternode. No really special unless good cooperation with other companies.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... 99 »
  Print  

Jump to: