Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 08:48:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 99 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Credits(CRDS): CPU-only mining | Argon2d PoW - Masternodes  (Read 482465 times)
loremipsum (OP)

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 01:17:06 PM

Great choice for Algo guys..

Thanks! We re launching tomorrow, June 17th 10PM UTC; around 33 hours till launch Smiley

frankkkkkkk

Activity: 594
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 02:15:07 PM

waiting for launch mining.but cpu is hard to mine
ahoenk

Activity: 1246
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 03:11:50 PM

5 pc with 24 thread ready to mine this, cant wait for it..

its been really fun when we can mine solo

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
nobodyimportant

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 04:34:55 PM
Last edit: June 16, 2017, 04:56:16 PM by nobodyimportant

I usually lurk and never post, but I felt that this was important. I raised important points in the credits-community Slack and instead of addressing them, they removed me. Here is our conversation up until I was removed:

https://imgur.com/a/GIaag

The developer of this project has simply cloned Dynamic (DYN) and changed a few numbers. That does not necessarily mean that this project is a scam, but it does mean that the "developer" could receive a huge payout from his relatively large pre-mine for what amounts to maybe an hour or less of real work.

Here is Dyanmic (DYN):
https://github.com/duality-solutions/Dynamic

And here is Credits:
https://github.com/Credits-CRDS/Credits

The only difference between Credits and Dynamic (DYN) is that fl0d3v will be in possession of 475,000 Credits. He claims that some arbitrary portion of this will be used for bounties, and maybe it will, but at the end of the day he will always hold the single largest proportion of the available supply, and all he has done is copy-paste.
jmixup

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 04:44:45 PM

I usually lurk and never post, but I felt that this was important. I raised what I feel are important points in the credits-community Slack and instead of addressing them, they removed me. Here is our conversation up until I was removed:

The developer of this project has simply cloned Dynamic (DYN) and changed a few numbers. That does not necessarily mean that this project is a scam, but it does mean that the "developer" could receive a huge payout from his relatively large pre-mine for what amounts to maybe an hour or less of real work.

Why shouldn't the developer recieve a payout? Has anything been hidden?
Is it a straight up clone and re-name like so many coins that get put on here (and still get traded for some reason, how many "lite" versions of coins do we really need)? Nope, he/she has at least done some work, has a roadmap, invested his/her own money to get it started and commited to developing the coin for at least 2 years.

So, your actual point is what exactly? FUD?
nobodyimportant

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 04:53:19 PM

Is it a straight up clone and re-name like so many coins that get put on here (and still get traded for some reason, how many "lite" versions of coins do we really need)?

Yes, that's exactly what it is. Look at the github and look at his commits. Even the markdown on the main github page is almost identical, including grammatical errors, with only a few minor changes and instances of the text "Dynamic" replaced with "Credits". You are attempting to reframe the issue by asking me why a developer shouldn't receive a payout. The issue is that he is not a developer in this context--copy-pasting does not make you a developer. At most, he is a marketer.
jmixup

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 05:05:27 PM

Is it a straight up clone and re-name like so many coins that get put on here (and still get traded for some reason, how many "lite" versions of coins do we really need)?

Yes, that's exactly what it is. Look at the github and look at his commits. Even the markdown on the main github page is almost identical, including grammatical errors, with only a few minor changes and instances of the text "Dynamic" replaced with "Credits". You are attempting to reframe the issue by asking me why a developer shouldn't receive a payout. The issue is that he is not a developer in this context--copy-pasting does not make you a developer. At most, he is a marketer.

The dev has already explained what has been done (and why, non working functions etc).
No this is not an exact clone of a coin, Pascal-Lite is a 1:1 clone of a coin with the word lite on the end.

I'm guessing you have lots of proof that they aren't a "real" dev?

Everything is all out in the open. No-one has claimed it's a brand new algo etc.

Your still posting FUD.

--Edit--
Why re-invent the wheel, once an algo has been picked there wouldn't be much different between the coins anyway? Nothing wrong with fixing a broken wheel.
nobodyimportant

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 05:12:37 PM

No this is not an exact clone of a coin

People are free to read what I asked in the Slack before I was banned:

fl0d3v changed only what anyone with basic programming skills and an hour of time could have. Like I said in the chat, he changed some text strings, the parameters for the network itself (to create a new network, obviously), some colors, etc. Whether Credits has the '-lite' suffix or not, it is essentially a 1:1 clone of another project--Dynamic (DYN).
jmixup

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 05:16:14 PM

No this is not an exact clone of a coin

People are free to read what I asked in the Slack before I was banned:

fl0d3v changed only what anyone with basic programming skills and an hour of time could have. Like I said in the chat, he changed some text strings, the parameters for the network itself (to create a new network, obviously), some colors, etc. Whether Credits has the '-lite' suffix or not, it is essentially a 1:1 clone of another project--Dynamic (DYN).

Why re-invent the wheel, once an algo has been picked there wouldn't be much different between the coins anyway? Nothing wrong with fixing a broken wheel.
Again, where is your proof that they can't dev? FUD FUD FUD

And you only registered today to troll this thread/slack or created a new account to hide your real ID lol
nobodyimportant

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 05:20:57 PM

You are, again, trying to reframe the issue. Many different cryptocurrencies share mining algorithms and that is not a problem. The problem here is that Credits is simply a total clone of Dynamic with just a few minor tweaks.

And you only registered today to troll this thread/slack or created a new account to hide your real ID lol

As I said above, I registered because I felt that the points I raised were important and because I was banned from the Slack after raising them. Everyone is free to read the Slack conversation:

ljp7839008

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 05:26:24 PM

any bounty campaign dev ?
jmixup

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 05:27:58 PM

You are, again, trying to reframe the issue. Many different cryptocurrencies share mining algorithms and that is not a problem. The problem here is that Credits is simply a total clone of Dynamic with just a few minor tweaks.

As I said above, I registered because I felt that the points I raised were important and because I was banned from the Slack after raising them. Everyone is free to read the Slack conversation:

Why aren't you posting in every other coin that is just a clone then, many also have hidden pre-mines.

A newly modded member of the slack got ban happy, the dev didnt want you banned and was against it. That's why the ban was lifted. The dev is all up for discussion. But your not discussing. Your accusing them of not being a dev based on nothing really which is FUD. You keep saying ITS JUST A CLONE!!!! Well go post in every other thread here because most of them are just clones.

Again, your just posting FUD. Troll account!
nobodyimportant

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 05:31:09 PM

Why aren't you posting in every other coin that is just a clone then, many also have hidden pre-mines.

I was genuinely interested in this project but I had my doubts, and upon investigation I realized that this could be a simple cash grab. When I expressed my concerns in the Slack channel, I was banned--that is why I am posting here. Please refer to my original post:

I usually lurk and never post, but I felt that this was important. I raised important points in the credits-community Slack and instead of addressing them, they removed me. Here is our conversation up until I was removed:

Here is Dyanmic (DYN):

And here is Credits:

The only difference between Credits and Dynamic (DYN) is that fl0d3v will be in possession of 475,000 Credits. He claims that some arbitrary portion of this will be used for bounties, and maybe it will, but at the end of the day he will always hold the single largest proportion of the available supply, and all he has done is copy-paste.
loremipsum (OP)

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 05:31:27 PM

Nobodyimportant its obvious you are a troll - you just registered today just to FUD. Why?

Anyway i ll answer your questions:

-The dev removed the unused difficulty retargeting algorithm
-restructured the rewards
-Disabled the DAO
-removed the dDNS functions and the multisig UI

The code has all of the work Dash 12.2 which isnt even released yet!

So if you don't like the coin, just don't mine it. Why are you so concerned? Smiley

EDIT: Also you were not banned from Slack. You were kicked, and it was not even the dev that kicked you out. You can rejoin at any time

nobodyimportant

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 05:38:34 PM
Last edit: June 16, 2017, 05:49:56 PM by nobodyimportant

you just registered today just to FUD. Why?

As I said, I was genuinely interested in this project but I had my doubts, and upon investigation I realized that this could be a simple cash grab. When I expressed my concerns in the Slack channel, I was banned--that is why I am posting here. Please refer to my original post:

Here is Dyanmic (DYN):

And here is Credits:

Anyway i ll answer your questions:

-The dev removed the unused difficulty retargeting algorithm
-restructured the rewards
-Disabled the DAO
-removed the dDNS functions and the multisig UI

EDIT: Also you were not banned from Slack. You were kicked, and it was not even the dev that kicked you out. You can rejoin at any time
Anyone can look at the github commits. These are very small changes which took a few minutes at most.

The code has all of the work Dash 12.2 which isnt even released yet!
That is because it is a direct clone of Dynamic which also has all of the work of Dash. You make it sound as though fl0d3v integrated it into a new project, which is not true.

I tried to reconnect and I couldn't. I was banned and then unbanned, apparently. See:

A newly modded member of the slack got ban happy, the dev didnt want you banned and was against it. That's why the ban was lifted.
Perhaps I can re-register, but I've lost interest as a result of this disingenuousness and hostility.
innergy

Activity: 685
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 06:19:44 PM

any bounty campaign dev ?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1947857.0
blocks.explorer

Activity: 473
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 08:17:11 PM

Whats the price of 1 CRDS? Smiley
That will ultimately be decided by the market, but to begin with CRDS won't be listed on any exchanges right away so you'd have to buy them privately. I'm happy with a starting price of 1CRDS = 1BTC.

Once listed on an exchange, fl0wd3v wrote a post here that should help -
https://credits-community.slack.com/archives/C5M5SSJ1G/p1496588029973425

I hope so 1 CRDS = 1 BTC, and type of coin mining is good for the future, I will save this coin for at least 5 years and are confident the price will hundreds of percent rise from now.

CRDS is a very good coin but you dont really think it is 1:1?? But we will see in 3 days. hope it rise to the moon.

what is first exchange?

No-one can predict the price as there is no market yet. But it will definitely not be 1:1, this is completely out of context.

As for exchanges, we are not in a hurry to be listed. Once the network stabilises, we will apply to Bittrex as the first exchange.

Are you guys high, can I have some  Grin Grin
More probably 1CRDS = 1 satoshi.

Actually i laughed when i first saw this. 1 crds = 1 btc?? What were you smoking?? You need more than a coin to get the price to the moon e.g community, coin technology features, application and demand from China. Smiley

What in the world? 1 CRDS = 1 BTC. Keep dreaming. Agree it's more 1 sat.

Dev is giving away 10 CRDS for signature bounty per week for a Member with 6 posts. Thos who signed up will be rich! Lol  Grin
fl0wd3v

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 08:32:28 PM

Whats the price of 1 CRDS? Smiley
That will ultimately be decided by the market, but to begin with CRDS won't be listed on any exchanges right away so you'd have to buy them privately. I'm happy with a starting price of 1CRDS = 1BTC.

Once listed on an exchange, fl0wd3v wrote a post here that should help -
https://credits-community.slack.com/archives/C5M5SSJ1G/p1496588029973425

I hope so 1 CRDS = 1 BTC, and type of coin mining is good for the future, I will save this coin for at least 5 years and are confident the price will hundreds of percent rise from now.

CRDS is a very good coin but you dont really think it is 1:1?? But we will see in 3 days. hope it rise to the moon.

what is first exchange?

No-one can predict the price as there is no market yet. But it will definitely not be 1:1, this is completely out of context.

As for exchanges, we are not in a hurry to be listed. Once the network stabilises, we will apply to Bittrex as the first exchange.

Are you guys high, can I have some  Grin Grin
More probably 1CRDS = 1 satoshi.

Actually i laughed when i first saw this. 1 crds = 1 btc?? What were you smoking?? You need more than a coin to get the price to the moon e.g community, coin technology features, application and demand from China. Smiley

What in the world? 1 CRDS = 1 BTC. Keep dreaming. Agree it's more 1 sat.

Dev is giving away 10 CRDS for signature bounty per week for a Member with 6 posts. Thos who signed up will be rich! Lol  Grin

Guess your doing the Sig bounty then......
fl0wd3v

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 08:34:26 PM

Price can somewhat be estimated and roughly worked out, even without a market now and without one being live at launch. This also applies even after Credits(CRDS) is traded upon an exchange platform.

How to work out how much 1 CRDS is worth:

Raw Cost to Miner to Generate 1 CRDS: Cost of Electricity per Day / Amount of Blocks Mined / Block Reward

Supply & Demand: The price of credits is largely depended on the demand and supply. This means that high demand and low supply often leads to an increase in the price. Note that Credits(CRDS) have a controlled supply whereby the total number of Credits(CRDS) in circulation must never be more than 95 million after ~36 years as well as having PoW/Masternode rewards mapped for those ~36 years.

Technical Innovation: With the use of Argon2d, Masternodes and the addition of features on the roadmap over the coming months there will be continual development and movement within the project which will add to its value.

More Users: With widespread use, adoption, knowledge of the project and contribution from new people everyday, Credits(CRDS) will continue to rise in price, a large network of users is seen in all high marketcap coins(unless their marketcap is manipulated)

Inclusion: Credits(CRDS) does not look to exclude anyone and with that it makes it a lot easier for new users to jump onboard and begin mining straightaway. With no immediate threat of mining pools as there is no Argon2d UNOMP module and no compatible pool with that mining algorithm, we will see some time for pools to become active. Also, DELTA (the difficulty retarget algorithm) protects against Multi/jump mining pools even when pools do become active in the future.

Of course there are other factors to take in to account such as Government Regualtion that might come to crypto, Media influence, hype and of course the possible market manipulation from whales as we see in some coins within their lifespan.

1. Mining Algo is Argon2d and not x11 which means CPU only, no GPUs and no ASICs, a natural mining progression much alike Bitcoin and protection to ensure zero abuse from botnets. As well as this, Argon2d is 64bit only which means no armies of Raspberry-Pi’s mining on the network, unfortunately this means no Android/ARM support.
2. Instead of DGW3 we have the best difficulty retargeting algorithm, DELTA, from Gulden which protects against Multi/Jump mining pools.
3. Masternodes in Dash return less and less of a return everyday, with the mapped rewards in Credits(CRDS) for Masternodes increasing, this ensures ROI for Masternode operators throughout the ~36 year coin supply production.
4. Unlike Dash we are a fork of Dynamic which is 100's of commits ahead of Dash in terms of fixes to Dash code, in-lining with Bitcoin code and making general improvements, so we have a better codebase than Dash, not to mention all the features of 12.2 that are still open pull requests in the Dash GitHub and not even merged to Dash’ codebase, but in Credits codebase already, such as BIP39 (Hierarchal Deterministic Wallet).
5. Mining is accessible to anyone with a computer, they just need a wallet and an internet connection, there is no early entry, ICO, horrendous premine or unfairness about pre-launch, launch or the 36 years of mining and beyond.
6. The Argon2d algorithm, miner files, hash files and block files of the wallet have been optimised by Wolf0 for AVX2 CPU’s. These optimisations were going to be sold off to the highest bidder, instead they were purchased by developers and added to the codebase so that the AVX2 optimisations are available to all. This means those with AVX2 CPU’s can benefit from a 20% increase in hashrate.
7. No DAO or budgeting blocks from launch, this is to eliminate the risk of one party gaining early majority control of the Masternode network, creating proposals, voting and subsequently defrauding the network. DAO functionality can be brought online at a later stage once the Masternode network has grown in size.
8. Pivx and Dash have proven a growth “hack” by combining an appreciating asset with a Masternode system. While for PivX and Dash it is increasingly harder to obtain a Masternode with them costing a small fortune, Credits(CRDS) will allow new investors to start early and see massive returns on their investment.

Mining is either done in the wallet by going to Tools->Debug Console, and entering “setgenerate true <cores>” or going to the credits.conf and adding “gen=1" and “genproclimit=<cores>” to it.

Credits(CRDS) will be released on June 17th 2017 at 10:00PM UTC
--------------
June 17th 2pm - Alaska, USA
June 17th 3pm - California, USA
June 17th 4pm - Salt Lake City, USA
June 17th 5pm - Columbia, USA
June 17th 6pm - New York, USA
June 17th 11pm - United Kingdom
June 17th 12pm - Western/Central Europe
June 18th 1am - Eastern Europe/Russia
June 18th 2.00am - Azerbaijan
June 18th 2.30am - Iran/Middle East
June 18th 3am - Pakistan
June 18th 3.30am - India
June 18th 4am - Bangladesh
June 18th 4.30am - Myanmar(Burma)
June 18th 5am - Thailand/Indonesia/Mongolia
June 18th 6am - China/Phillipines/Australia(Perth)
June 18th 7am - North & South Korea/Japan
June 18th 7.30am - Australia(Darwin)
June 18th 8am - Australia(Canberra)
June 18th 9am - Soloman Islands
June 18th 10am - New Zealand/Australia(Auckland)

https://crds.io
chris190
Legendary

Activity: 1059
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 09:16:51 PM

are you ready?  3....2....1....GO!  Cool

▄▄
                 ████▄
                 ██████▄
                 ███ ▀███▄
         ▄████▄▄ ███   ▀███▄
       ▄████████████▄    ▀███▄
     ▄███▀ ███▀▀▀██████▄▄  ███
   ▄███▀  ███    ███ ▀▀███████
 ▄███▀    ███    ███     ▀███
████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄  ▀  ▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████████   █████████████████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀  ▄  ▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀████
        ███▄     ███    ███    ▄███▀
       ███████▄▄ ███    ███  ▄███▀
       ███  ▀▀██████▄▄▄███ ▄███▀
       ▀███▄    ▀████████████▀
         ▀███▄   ███ ▀▀████▀
           ▀███▄ ███
             ▀██████
               ▀████
                 ▀▀
4NEW
███
███  █
███  █  █
███  █  █
███  █  █
███  █  █
███  █  █
███  █  █
███  █  █
███  █
███
THE WORLD'S FIRST TANGIBLE WASTE TO ENERGY BLOCKCHAIN
✥     ANN Thread     ✥     Whitepaper     ✥     Facebook     ✥     Twitter     ✥     Telegram     ✥

███
    █  ███
█  █  ███
█  █  ███
█  █  ███
█  █  ███
█  █  ███
█  █  ███
█  █  ███
    █  ███
        ███

███
                                ███
                                ███
                        ███  ███
                        ███  ███
                ███  ███  ███
                ███  ███  ███
        ███  ███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███  ███  ███
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 99 »
  Print  

Jump to: