Bitcoin Forum
October 20, 2017, 10:08:28 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.0.1  [Torrent]. (New!)

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Zpool.ca: Does it take 20-22% fee?  (Read 7586 times)
mjmeans

Activity: 21

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 05:22:40 PM

Code:
function AverageIncrement($value1, $value2)
{
$percent = 80;
$value = ($value1*(100-$percent) + $value2*$percent) / 100;

debuglog("AverageIncrement: $value1, $value2");

return $value;
}

Or report it to Tpruvot and see if he can look at it.  I'm pretty sure this is what is causing the issues.

Did you ever set up a VM to test this? If there is a race condition that is affecting this function it may only happen under heavy server load or heavy internet traffic. So you will want to run a stress test on the VM while this is running to see if the problem occurs only under stress. Also pull the network connection. See if a dropped connection affects it.

But better than all that testing is this: If either value has 0, then return the other value. So if the old value is 0 then there is nothing to average, so take the new value. If the new value is 0 then there was a server error or a race condition and no new data has actually been received, so keep the old value.

Code:
function AverageIncrement($value1, $value2)
{
if ($value1 == 0) return $value2;
        if ($value2 == 0) return $value1;
$percent = 80;
$value = ($value1*(100-$percent) + $value2*$percent) / 100;
return $value;
}

That all being said, this is an extremely poor averaging function. Since it seems that things sit in the exchange state for 4-6 hours, a WMA over the previous 6 hours of samples with samples collected every 5 minutes would be a much better average. And that collected data could allow a much better prediction of future value by projecting upper and lower trend for the next 5 minute sample. The mBTC column for predicted value would then show x.xxxxx(+/- y.yyyyy). This predicted value should only be shown when the state is immature or exchange, since we don't know the final exchange rate until it's cleared. But when cleared the exchange transaction should be analyzed and the actual rate of exchange reported and paid. Add to keep it open and transparent, so clicking on any of the lines in the payout list should display a page showing the data and the calculation. That way everyone knows that it is working the way it should.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
mjmeans

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 01:32:38 AM

You can easily give the data you collected and turn it over the FBI with a complaint (even if he and his site is in Canada or another country). 300K in USD is a serious crime and they will investigate and coordinate with Canada and other countries to gather additional evidence. But first there has to be a person filing a complaint that has legal "standing".
sunk818

Activity: 52

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 05:58:15 AM

Wow, what corruption if zpool's 20%-15% deceitful take rate is true!

They do take quite a lot, but what else pool I can use if I want auto exchange to BTC?
I am using miningpoolhub sometimes, but it has less coins to mine.
I don't want to sell myself, it is simply too much hassle.

I'm just starting out so I've dabbled in multipool and zpool. What about multipool.us? They just give you the coins you mined. I think having the pool just give you the coins makes it easier to audit based on block reward, accepted shares, etc. Pool is not involved in converting or exchanging coins in any way. You get a split of the solved block and that's it.

I just signed up for Bittrex and noticed they have many altcoin wallets. I also noticed they have an autosell to BTC feature. You sweep daily (or based on your threshold) from multipool.us to Bittrex. Then Bittrex autosells to BTC. You can then audit that the exchange gave you the correct price.

Seems easier to audit the pool and exchange rates (sell altcoins to BTC) when the process is separated.
lolx12345

Activity: 18

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 07:35:18 AM

maybe the pool really took the 20% fee, but in many experiment it show zpool can get more income than other pool.
so if get more income, why not
crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 1386

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2017, 11:35:08 AM

Zpool does skim alot. I have watched it many times. I think he is taking all the bitconnect blocks for himself. Seriously I have seen his pool hit bitconnect in the last few days 5 to 8 times but when it hits. It drops from the scrypt pool for about 5 min no one gets any shares then pops back into the pool.

It like week to week the pool does this. One week it fine and people get the rewards the other week all the rewards are taking away. Doing a little math Bitconnect is worth about 135.00 a coin at writing this a block is worth 10 coins which equals about 1350.00 US.

If you check his block explorer I seen bitconnect hit many times but nothing was mined or paid out to my miners or others. Somehow it disappears from the list on the right side of scrypt.

If my calc is correct he has this week alone made some 300k in US dollars.

I cannot prove anything but you watch it in chrome or firefox one day when bitconnect has all the hashing power for an hour and then watch it hit.

I'm not sure where you get off saying this but you can clearly see each time a BCC block is found it's added to your accounts. 6 blocks in the past 24h and all credited.

https://pasteboard.co/GNFoO5N.png

Sorry for whoever's address this is

http://zpool.ca/?address=1C5qZGgoshJoCwEZkRVony1DTEmbR7Vgk2

To say I'm keeping them all to myself it simple an outright lie.

mjmeans

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 02:54:38 PM

I'm not sure where you get off saying this but you can clearly see each time a BCC block is found it's added to your accounts. 6 blocks in the past 24h and all credited.

https://pasteboard.co/GNFoO5N.png

Sorry for whoever's address this is

http://zpool.ca/?address=1C5qZGgoshJoCwEZkRVony1DTEmbR7Vgk2

To say I'm keeping them all to myself it simple an outright lie.

It may be that some people are lying, but it also may be that ignorance caused by that the lack of complete transparency and auditability feeds suspicion. You can't expect people to examine the source code to know how it works especially when this is (or should be) a simple accounting matter for your system to report.

Would it be possible to add more detail to the explorer for an exchanged coin transaction through it's entire life from mined coin to final coin, http://www.zpool.ca/explorer/ORB?height=2271808? i.e. the detail page not only shows the block mined (as it does now), but also the total mined coin in the block, and your share. AND most importantly the details about how the mined coin was exchanged: your coin was sent to exchange "x", the total coins exchanged in that exchange transaction was "y", and your share of those exchanged coins is "z", and the exchange fee. Basically I want to be able to see the full accounting from start to end: "A" coins mined - "B" fees (detail of each fee including pool fee) = "C" net coins mined => "C" net coins mined * "D" exchange rate - "E" fee (detail of each fee including exchange fee) = "F" final exchanged coin. The sum of all "F" values should exactly equal the account balance. If it doesn't, then more detail need to be added so that anyone can see the full calculation.

Whether this information can be attained through some other means is not relevant. The pool has all this information and it breeds suspicion if the information is not easy to see. If you can make these details easily available, and there is no errors, then you would alleviate 99% of everyone's suspicion.

crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 1386

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2017, 02:38:08 PM

Now you’ve deleted your posts wolf, after assuming you know my life and personality?

Wolf_Tech

Activity: 7

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 04:37:05 PM

Now you’ve deleted your posts wolf, after assuming you know my life and personality?

I plee the 5th. But I'm in canada so that doesn't exsit.

Don't worry I wont say who you are or anything.

Just wanted to know if you were real and you are.

kollom

Activity: 56

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 04:43:43 PM

20 percent is very much, maybe this is mistake.
Bibi187

Activity: 112

https://steemit.com/@bibi187

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2017, 03:41:53 PM

Zpool is a scam ...

Missing 20% earning vs granatgas ... tested on 5 Days ...

So @crackfoo ... Go fuck your self oO and enjoy my money stolen.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.