Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 05:36:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Crime funded by bitcoin  (Read 8341 times)
GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 05:47:07 PM

Criminals are almost everywhere. Finding criminal in bitcoin isn't a new thing for us.The main point is finding way to stop them. We know they can attack at any time so for this we have to get ready. Like bank robbers can attack any bank, and bank arrange some security for its safety. We have to do same with bitcoin. It can only possible if government involve with it. But since bitcoin is tax free so its hard for government to work with btc.
That is the fear of some governments. Bitcoin is easily used by bad guys to run their actions. While the government can not control the bitcoin in full. We can not blame it, it was a decision taken as a preventive action, so some governments banned bitcoin.
In fact, there are many great benefits waiting to use bitcoin more wisely. So, basically, it's all back to each other's personality. It should be used for good, not crime.

But in my opinion, this fear is completely unfounded. The transparency of Bitcoin is such that criminals would essentially be making a permanent record of their actions on the block chain. Analytical software is already to the point of being able to suss out individual transaction paths, by analyzing the web of transactions and how these relate to known actors (business wallets, exchanges). So it's not figuring out who the criminals are at all. It's finding out what merchants the criminals utilized, to convert value. Then it's a quick trip to the address you registered on the exchange, or the address you had that sweet new computer sent to.

Smart criminals no longer use Bitcoin, that's stale. Dark coins are the new green.
Best Dreams

Activity: 1008
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 08:59:21 PM

Well crime is also and mostly funded by fiat currency so I don't see a problem here.
There is no problem indeed as crime use to happen all the time if not in bitcoin then they will use some other source for it but bitcoin is the currency that has secret use, no one can ever predict the user and the receiver of bitcoin, price of bitcoin is high it is main reason why people use it for making criminal activities, now government is taking interest in bitcoin so it is hard for people to use bitcoin for negative activities.
brengoskandel

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 01:40:56 PM

evil always has, many ways to launch its action
and this, not because of the mistake of bitcoin, the crime has existed long ago, before there was bitcoin
and fiat money, are already used to fund crimes, such as drugs, terrorists, and other crimes
newbie-hero

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 04:53:50 PM

Since Bitcoin was ever released, I've thought of the possibility of this. Will crimes be easily funded now due to bitcoin and it's anonymity? How do you think the authorities will combat this? Will this lead to a decline in the price of bitcoin? I've had this on my mind for a while now and I would like to hear your guys opinions.

The thing is that Bitcoin is not anonymous. There were situations when investigators arrest the computer of drug dealer and find there information about all bitcoin transactions and all his buyers.
yanesna3

Activity: 504

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 12:56:11 PM

There doesn't have to be any kind of correlation between Bitcoin and crime.

Crime is an entirely different sociological problem.

Truthful statement! If somebody makes any connections between Bitcoin and crime, why should not we connect Euros and especially dollars with crimes, related to drugs, guns, kidnapping, killing people and other horrible things?
freightjoe

Activity: 238
Merit: 109

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 09:31:49 AM

Since Bitcoin was ever released, I've thought of the possibility of this. Will crimes be easily funded now due to bitcoin and it's anonymity? How do you think the authorities will combat this? Will this lead to a decline in the price of bitcoin? I've had this on my mind for a while now and I would like to hear your guys opinions.

It is a strong part of Bitcoin - and why it will eventually fail
Crystacool

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 09:36:02 AM

I think this is one of the reasons why many countries ban bitcoin. But we don't do it because it negates bitcoin. Bitcoin is just a tool. It is used passively. If there is no bitcoin, there may be other COINS.
Javanewstar

Activity: 224

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 09:39:35 AM

In fact the bitcoin is not anonymous, so criminals usually use anonymous tokens, but the anonymous tokens trading volume is not particularly big, so I think that at present there are still many criminals use the bitcoin for payment.

J Gambler

Activity: 910
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 09:40:41 AM

That is actually one of the main concerns and reasons as to why there is a bit of uncertainty on the side of bitcoin being allowed and being able for us to manipulate some of the functionalities of bitcoin to make it available for us to put to bad use. Even the sheer possibility of it is able to scare off the governments and that is why they are shutting it down u til they can know more

Y U MAD AT ME
chikading2016

Activity: 949
Merit: 48

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 11:21:03 AM

In my own opinion.There is a possibility that the crime is funded by bitcoin. This insurance is the reason why other people and the government think badly. Because of the extent of the bitcoin domain, and many may attempt to use bitcoin in bad purposes. And I have faith in bitcoin. The more prosperity it uses for good welfare than crime.

cizatext

Activity: 952
Merit: 41

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 11:35:35 AM

Well is not only through bitcoin the crime can be founded, criminals can use any means available to carry out there transactions e.g master cards, PayPal and the other means of payments available. But bitcoin has given them the opportunity to carry out they transactions unnoticed and secured since bitcoin is decentralized.
Georgos

Activity: 37

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 11:36:58 AM

Bitcoin will not fund crime more than U.S. dollar did. USD funded the atomic bomb, USD funded terrorism, USD funded crisis, etc. Bitcoin is a way to go out of this thanks to transparency.
josegr4ham

Activity: 280

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 11:38:39 AM

Every currency can be involved with the crime. Bitcoin is nothing to be fear of. Crimes happens with or without bitcoin
valterkjellberg

Activity: 107
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 11:45:48 AM

This problem can't be against because it's one of the first headed of satoshi:"everything in BTC world is anonymous unless they want to show their identify" and eventually Bitcoin did this very well so that why much crinimals are accepting bitcoin as their main method payments.
webdevmastery

Activity: 434

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 11:50:06 AM

In my own opinion, currency and fiat are just the same and they are both can be used for crimes so why there's a news that crime funded by bitcoins, i think that there are people behind this news who wants to reduce the investors of bitcoins because they are being affected by the growth of cryptocurrency.
garen21

Activity: 117

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 11:58:45 AM

I still have not heard of a bitcoin-funded crime just because I've heard that bitcoins have been helped in the Philippines and just scammers that they use bitcoin to work with other people.
poldanmig

Activity: 1372
Merit: 275

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 12:16:24 PM

In my own opinion, currency and fiat are just the same and they are both can be used for crimes so why there's a news that crime funded by bitcoins, i think that there are people behind this news who wants to reduce the investors of bitcoins because they are being affected by the growth of cryptocurrency.
if there was no one to spread such a story, then it is likely that bitcoin would not be a problem until now. because each person's speech or writing is sometimes believed by someone else. so we better have to be careful again in writing the words we do not want.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████     ▀███▀     ███          █████▀▀       ▀█████████    ███████████████████         ▀██████    ████████         ▀█████    ████
████      ▀█▀      ███    ▄▄▄▄▄▄████    ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄████████      ██████████████████    ▄▄▄    ████      ███████    ▄▄▄    ████    ████
████               ███    ▀▀▀▀▀████    ████▀▀▀▀▀██████   ██   █████████████████    ███▀   ███   ██   ██████    ███▀   ████    ████
████    █▄   ▄█    ███    ▄▄▄▄▄████    ████▄▄   █████   ▀▀▀▀   ████████████████         ▄███   ▀▀▀▀   █████         ▄█████    ████
████    ██▄ ▄██    ███    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████    ▀▀▀▀    ████            ███████████████    ████████            ████    █▄   ▀█████    ████
████    ███████    ███          █████▄▄       ▄████    ▄████▄    ██████████████    ███████    ▄████▄    ███    ███▄   ▀███    ████
█████████████████████████████████
███▀▀▀▀████▀▀██▀▀██▀▀▀████▀▀█████
█████▄  ███  ██  █  ▄▄ ██   █████
██████▄ ▀█  ▄█  ██▄  ▀██  █▄ ████
███████▄   ▄█▀ ▄█▀▀▀  █▀     ▀███
████████▄▄▄██▄▄███▄▄▄██▄▄███▄▄███
██████████████████████████████
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████▀███
████▀▀                ▀▀█   ██
███ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ █ ███
███ █ ▄▄ █ █ ▄▄ █ █ ▄▄ █ █ ███
███ █ ▄▀ █ █ ▄▀ █ █ ▄▀ █ ▀ ███
███ █▄▄▄▄█ █▄▄▄▄█ █▄▄▄▄█   ███
███                      ▄████
███  ██████████████████  █████
███                      █████

9000+ SLOTS 
█████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▄  ▀▀████████
█████▀ ▄███▄ ▄███▄ ██████
████▀▄▄ ██▀▀ ▀▀██ ▄▄▀████
████ ▀ ▄▄ ▄███▄ ▄▄ ▀ ████
████ ████ ▀███▀ ████ ████
████▄ ███▀ ▄▄▄ ▀███ ▄████
█████▄ ▄▄ █████ ▄▄ ▄█████
███████▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄███████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
.PLAY NOW.
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
nazaididuan1

Activity: 350
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 12:18:44 PM

Each transaction of bitcoin is recorded on its block chain, which contains all the records used for transactions in bitcoin, and can be accessed publicly.

If the government wants to track the flow of money, it's possible, but it's a lot of work!

This means that the crime against BTC will be effective!

⮘Pre-ICO Start - 27.04.2018⮚ ⮘https://wbb.io/⮚
00DKM@

Activity: 378

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 01:57:55 PM

The information of the transaction is recorded, but the information is inaccurate. I can get virtual information to register, so the government will not be able to properly investigate the criminals. At present, some criminals have invaded the internet and asked banks to transfer them with bitcoin. With this information they can hide their true information.
zais

Activity: 196
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 02:05:59 PM

The appearance of bitcoin and other digital currencies makes demands, acceptance of ransom, and money transfers anonymously easy, safe and possible. The impact is very drastic on the increase in the number and types of cyber crime opportunities. It really is a cyber crime machine and will continue to encourage and encourage criminals,
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: