Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 01:02:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Crime funded by bitcoin  (Read 8341 times)
websoftwareengineer

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

Blockchain with VTOS energy

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 09:43:27 AM

Since Bitcoin was ever released, I've thought of the possibility of this. Will crimes be easily funded now due to bitcoin and it's anonymity? How do you think the authorities will combat this? Will this lead to a decline in the price of bitcoin? I've had this on my mind for a while now and I would like to hear your guys opinions.

In my own opinion, government should not count the crime that came from cryptocurrency because even fiat are being used by bad people if they really intended to do such illegal activities. Bitcoins is just like fiat and it depends on the people if he will going to use the wealth for good or not but they should not ban cryptocurrency since it was helping different peoples lives.

⚫ ▬▬     V T O S   |   Decentralized CDN & Social Network     ▬▬ ⚫
  Whitepaper    JOIN OUR ICO  >  MAY 28th  <
FACEBOOK               MEDIUM               TWITTER               GITHUB               TELEGRAM
romandos86

Activity: 150
Merit: 25

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 10:36:28 AM

Since Bitcoin was ever released, I've thought of the possibility of this. Will crimes be easily funded now due to bitcoin and it's anonymity? How do you think the authorities will combat this? Will this lead to a decline in the price of bitcoin? I've had this on my mind for a while now and I would like to hear your guys opinions.

Perhaps I will disappoint you, but bitcoin exists due to crime, which is very interested in it Grin
dhka

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 06:41:12 AM

Normally many people thought the same in the beginning. However the true corruption comes from the big fishes , the goverments. The fact is FIAT money is used much more to fund criminality and for money laundering compared with bitcoin. Although in dark markets usually transactions happen in bitcoin it cannot be compared with the amount of FIAT money used to fund criminality.

Exactly! Even fiat is widely used in money laundering not only bitcoin. Dont blame the tool, blame the abuser! Drugs are useful in the hand of a doctor.

giogio0504

Activity: 322
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 07:03:39 AM

Bitcoin is one of the ways to fund crimes, there are a lot of other ways, so I do not think that funding crime is much more easier because of bitcoin.
Qartersa

Activity: 868
Merit: 535

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 07:13:52 AM

Just how can you confidently utter something that is not backed up by studies? Yes, you have the freedom to say so but it would just make you look naive in a whole lot of things. Long before Bitcoin came into existence, crimes have been all over the world with the use of traditional fiat currencies, gold, and whatnot. These are all brought up by people who are too determined to proliferate their illegitimate causes. And you see, they made it happen; they made it big.

During the time that Bitcoin was still beginning to make its way to the market, there were already too much crimes going around. Hence, you cannot fault its existence for the numerous crimes that have been causing global issues. It is the people who use, abuse, and overuse who are the real enemies of State governments because regardless of how efficient regulations are in terms of money, they always manage to do a workaround over it.

Truth be told, you may say the existence of Bitcoin enabled criminals to further strengthen their armors, but what else do we do in a world that keeps evolving? Should we stop these inventions or stop our people? Can we ever stop inventions? Can we ever stop our people from doing crimes? Is evolution not good for mankind?

kache2018

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 07:35:43 AM

On a personal perspective, exploring new horizons specifically on the emerging digital currencies i.e alt coins or cryptocurrencies brought multiple responses. On a positive note, these became the new medium of trading and/or other business transactions. On the other hand, based on your stand point that this became a medium to create crimes and eventually chaos and war amongst the supreme/superiors, I strongly disagree because being anonymous receiver/sender of alt coins also corresponds liability should you do any anomalies and distress amongst other people and I'm pretty sure the authorities have considered this also. I think its more of the timing, because nations became more powerful and their reasons of gaining these wealth and spread animosity is fighting for their rights and their people and use of cryptos and/or alt coins is not the reason. Am I making sense here?
glongsword

Activity: 314

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 07:56:11 AM

I don't think so because Bitcoin is still relatively safe currency, no one can know the identity of the owner of Bitcoin. But as you know, some well-known exchanges are already asking for verification. there is no place for crime
Pattart

Activity: 1190
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 07:59:09 AM

There is a possibility of that happening since bitcoin transaction mostly hides identity of the sender and removes any connection to any crime doer. Bitcoin can be used in both good and bad purposes that may lead to a change in a persons perspective  towards it.
That's what the government is concerned about a few years ago? bitcoin with no authority and any control would easily fund a crime. let alone anonymous on bitcoin make sender and recipient become unknown identity? the government is trying to ban bitcoin because of it? but bitcoin can not be stop? do you think any a win win solution for this?
FireGun4579

Activity: 1

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 08:03:58 AM

The crime through bitcoin I think was the first idea in the deep web. Calculating that there is anonymity in everything, it is perfect for this kind of business.
Traslavin

Activity: 461
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 08:42:13 AM

In my own opinion, government should not count the crime that came from cryptocurrency because even fiat are being used by bad people if they really intended to do such illegal activities. Bitcoins is just like fiat and it depends on the people if he will going to use the wealth for good or not but they should not ban cryptocurrency since it was helping different peoples lives.
Exactly, they can't count on the crimes that happened in using bitcoin because the fiats also are often used by the criminals but they can't cut off those criminalities.  Besides, not all the crimes related to bitcoin are because of bitcoin it was the problem of the user anyway if he would used it in a good or in a bad way it was there choice.

b e t f o r m ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ SMART CONTRACT POWERED SOCIAL BETTING PLATFORM
                                                     A p p Download ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Google Play   App Store     [ WEB VERSION ]                                 ❱❱JOIN b e t f o r m❰❰
                       F o l l o w us ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ WHITEPAPER TELEGRAM FACEBOOK TWITTER
bobylevamo

Activity: 23

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 10:23:30 AM

I will not be surprised if criminals use bitcoins. But that happens will all payment systems even cash.
deliveryblock

Activity: 18
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 09:04:45 AM

It is horrible, but possible.

in terms of misdemeanor, people can buy sex by bitcoin,
loggin

Activity: 31

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 09:10:36 AM

Some people might be using bitcoins for crime. They should be traced based on bank transfers they make to exchanges and caught.
elizavetausova0112

Activity: 84

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 05:39:53 PM

Now there is a lot of controversy. How to earn a lot of offers is better to find an experienced person and follow him.
Dele2018

Activity: 77

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2018, 05:48:00 PM

Yes it's true,crimes can easily be funded with bitcoin because with bitcoin you can be easily anonymous.
damntravis

Activity: 22

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2018, 11:46:15 AM

Bitcoin isn't anonymous at all... And it's hard to cashout big amounts of crypto anonymously.
maksimmaksimov

Activity: 70

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 04:59:27 PM

Bitcoinwiki is the process of verifying transactions by the miners by solving mathematical problems. For their work they receive a reward - bitcoin
Alex789

Activity: 119

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 09:19:18 AM

do not be the reason for bitcoin funding a crime. Previously before bitcoin emerged there were other currencies, like USD, EURO and gold, do not ever assume that bitcoin is a crime but how we can catch a crime to bitcoin.
mintomia199

Activity: 201

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 10:06:46 AM

One of the reason  behind bitcoin popularity is its anonymous.If criminal are using bitcoin in crime and money laundering, it will be very dangerous for the development and growth of bitcoin.But we can not stop criminal from using bitcoin.
JerryJam

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 10:29:59 AM

Yes, sometimes bitcoin can be a tool in the hands of criminals.They make extensive use of it in their illegal activities. It is terrorism , the services of prostitutes and contract killers,drug trafficking and corruption.It is known that for example, Ukraine became the first state in the world where voters were paid bribes in bitcoins that they would vote for the "right" candidate. But I still believe that most people use bitcoin for peaceful purposes..

TRADE, EARN & OWN THE EXCHANGE           M o o n X           [    ●    JOIN ICO   -   S O O N    ●    ]
──────────     WHITEPAPER     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     LINKEDIN     TELEGRAM     CRUNCHBASE     ──────────
►   No Trading or ICO Listing Fees      ►   Superior to Nasdaq & LSE       ►   US$ 29M Raised in 2 Weeks!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: