Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 11:53:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [HARDWARE][NVIDIA] Pascal GP106-100 - True Mining GPU  (Read 16261 times)
Mattthev (OP)

Activity: 966
Merit: 359

👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2017, 02:24:05 PM

It seems like it's trully happening.

Mining Bios with Performance Timings 👍 Mining-Bios.euPBE 1.7PBE 3 PRO👌⛏│AFFILIATE system 10% ref 💰💲BTC│👉 XMR-AEON-STAK 🔝⛏ Monero V9 (CNv4) ✅│XMRig AMD🔝⛏ CNv4 ✅
FIAT from BINANCE to REVOLUT 💳│🚀Upcoming/Active ICO list📈🤑│👉Free Bitcoin BTC Faucet💰💲│Guides:RX 470/480/570/580, VEGA Bios Mod Tutorial - SRB, PBE 💰💲│PBE.eu
CRYPTO to FIAT BTC💲💳│ How to Mine XMR/RYO and CN coins + Miners Downloads💰⛏│Guides:How to Mine AEON💰⛏
monerobiosedit@gmail.com│✅Did I help you? Give me some +Merit 🤜🤛👌
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 04:16:54 PM

"We don’t know yet how many CUDA cores are enabled, but since P104-100 is said to be paired with GDDR5X memory it may as well be GTX 1080. These cards are said to be more efficient than normal GeForce cards in cryptocurrency mining (~30 to ~10% depending on SKU)" - which extra efficiency is easy to account for, they probably disabled a lot or all of the video-specific circuitry via the BIOS or possibly on-chip (an OLD trick, refer to the modded R9 290 BIOS series TheStilt put out for mining back in Litecoin GPU days).

I still think the P106-100 is badly aimed, but I do want to see that P104-100 have at least SOME availability to us "small fry".
 Too bad EVGA doesn't seem to be one of the involved "partners" (yet?)....

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
Mattthev (OP)

👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2017, 04:40:31 PM

"We don’t know yet how many CUDA cores are enabled, but since P104-100 is said to be paired with GDDR5X memory it may as well be GTX 1080. These cards are said to be more efficient than normal GeForce cards in cryptocurrency mining (~30 to ~10% depending on SKU)" - which extra efficiency is easy to account for, they probably disabled a lot or all of the video-specific circuitry via the BIOS or possibly on-chip (an OLD trick, refer to the modded R9 290 BIOS series TheStilt put out for mining back in Litecoin GPU days).

I still think the P106-100 is badly aimed, but I do want to see that P104-100 have at least SOME availability to us "small fry".

What altcoins are efficient to mine with GDDR5X?

Mining Bios with Performance Timings 👍 Mining-Bios.euPBE 1.7PBE 3 PRO👌⛏│AFFILIATE system 10% ref 💰💲BTC│👉 XMR-AEON-STAK 🔝⛏ Monero V9 (CNv4) ✅│XMRig AMD🔝⛏ CNv4 ✅
FIAT from BINANCE to REVOLUT 💳│🚀Upcoming/Active ICO list📈🤑│👉Free Bitcoin BTC Faucet💰💲│Guides:RX 470/480/570/580, VEGA Bios Mod Tutorial - SRB, PBE 💰💲│PBE.eu
CRYPTO to FIAT BTC💲💳│ How to Mine XMR/RYO and CN coins + Miners Downloads💰⛏│Guides:How to Mine AEON💰⛏
Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 04:43:15 PM

The p104 might be worthwhile if nvidia let users to mod the bios.

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
mojoxc

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 04:49:17 PM

So the scoop is these gpus are real, the bad news is most of these are going to stay in China.  With no output on the gpus you have no chance at a good resale value.  The price reduction on the 1080 version might make it interesting compared to the gtx 1070 for mining.
Mattthev (OP)

👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2017, 04:54:47 PM

So the scoop is these gpus are real, the bad news is most of these are going to stay in China.  With no output on the gpus you have no chance at a good resale value.  The price reduction on the 1080 version might make it interesting compared to the gtx 1070 for mining.
Well yeah. The info says only for big farms.
I'm more interested in the AMD mining one https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1966624.0
They have it in Russia already.

Metroid

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 05:02:54 PM

So the scoop is these gpus are real, the bad news is most of these are going to stay in China.

Likely, mostly only in China. This idea of making special gpus for mining will kill 90% of actual miners worldwide. This is asic 2.0. This is not good for the mining community. I already see price crashing everywhere. i always said this would happen if bitcoin price hit 20k rmb/cny. Remember Litecoin in 2013, asic killed ltc profitability in 2 weeks hehe, I wonder how long will take now, perhaps by next week 90% of miners worldwide are dead, imagine the huge loans they made to buy cards hoping to get rich fast hehe, it will be so much fun. If they had got the money to buy and sell coins like i do, they would have got many times their return of investment.

Tmdz

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 05:06:50 PM

The Nvidia GP106-100 mining GPUs will not be available on the regular market to the regular users apparently, they are going to be sold only in large volume to big customers such as cloud mining companies like Genesis Mining and/or other big private mining operations.

I wouldn't buy a gpu like this regardless, the point of GPU mining is the safety of resale value.

But if AMD follows then the mega farms could in theory flood the network with new miners and kill profit nearly over night.  The shortage is what restricts growth and keeps our profit high for a greater amount of time.
Metroid

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 05:16:40 PM

The shortage is what restricts growth and keeps our profit high for a greater amount of time.

So true, looks like you trolls can breath for now because AMD is interested only in Vega at moment hehe

thesavoyard

Activity: 560
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 07:14:06 AM

Pretty sure these cards were debunked as fake.

Skarda

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 12:33:56 PM

Has anyone heard if the bios can be mod, or overclocked through ethos or window? If so, it may hit 30 mh/s
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 03:17:38 PM

What altcoins are efficient to mine with GDDR5X?

Most non-ETH altcoins are a lot less sensitive to memory latency issues than ETH and it's offshoots.

GTX 1080 and 1080 Ti both work quite well and efficiently on ZEC, among other options.

I doubt we are going to see much if any more hashrate out of the mining-specific cards vs their consumer varients - but dropping all the video circuitry and disabling the "video output" parts of the GPU die should result in substantial power savings, I could see 20-30% less power used at the same clocks as a result (which would be somewhat better than TheStilt managed on his "no undervolt" version of his R9 290 BIOS, but he didn't disable ALL the video capabilities and the video output stuff was still on the board).

Pricing numbers seem to still be up in the air and conflicting - but IN THEORY these boards should be lower priced, though being smaller production numbers might limit the savings some.

I did see mention somewhere that EVGA might be one of the "partners" after all - which gives me some hope for us "small fry" having access at a fairly reasonable price, given their direct sale policies.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
Mattthev (OP)

👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2017, 03:24:34 PM

Most non-ETH altcoins are a lot less sensitive to memory latency issues than ETH and it's offshoots.

GTX 1080 and 1080 Ti both work quite well and efficiently on ZEC, among other options.

I doubt we are going to see much if any more hashrate out of the mining-specific cards vs their consumer varients - but dropping all the video circuitry and disabling the "video output" parts of the GPU die should result in substantial power savings, I could see 20-30% less power used at the same clocks as a result (which would be somewhat better than TheStilt managed on his "no undervolt" version of his R9 290 BIOS, but he didn't disable ALL the video capabilities and the video output stuff was still on the board).

Pricing numbers seem to still be up in the air and conflicting - but IN THEORY these boards should be lower priced, though being smaller production numbers might limit the savings some.

I did see mention somewhere that EVGA might be one of the "partners" after all - which gives me some hope for us "small fry" having access at a fairly reasonable price, given their direct sale policies.
Yeah, I only know about ZEC. NVIDIA is pretty useless for Monero :/

BeyondDeception

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 07:59:52 PM

IF and it sounds like a big IF - the GP104 can do 60 mh/s (unconfirmed and the math doesn't add up) this would be bad news for all miners. The difficulty level is already growing exponentially, because more and more miners are jumping on the network. If you take that fact combined with these cards doubling what cards do now, that makes the difficulty level shoot through the roof. I think in the next couple of months is going to get real tough. We'll still make profit, but not nearly as much.

And then once PoS happens, everyone is going to jump ship trying to recover their ROI by getting into other coins causing similar issues. Next 6 months are going to be interesting.
thesavoyard

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 08:23:59 PM

This is still not confirmed by any reliable source, still need to be skeptical.

Metroid

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 08:40:25 PM
Last edit: June 20, 2017, 08:50:41 PM by Metroid

IF and it sounds like a big IF - the GP104 can do 60 mh/s (unconfirmed and the math doesn't add up) this would be bad news for all miners. The difficulty level is already growing exponentially, because more and more miners are jumping on the network. If you take that fact combined with these cards doubling what cards do now, that makes the difficulty level shoot through the roof. I think in the next couple of months is going to get real tough. We'll still make profit, but not nearly as much.

And then once PoS happens, everyone is going to jump ship trying to recover their ROI by getting into other coins causing similar issues. Next 6 months are going to be interesting.

If I were to invest in mining then I would think carefully, mining is never profitable in any way, selling and buying coins is way more profitable by many thousands times, plus, new gpu's are just around the corner, volta will come in few months with a 12nm manufacture process, so meaning anything you buy right now will have to consider the competition you will be facing when these news cards come and plus the ones which will be only for mining and that is if gp104 does indeed 60mh/s on eth then imagine how much it will do on equihash, meaning anything you buy right now will be outdated and dead in few weeks, also the gp104 will only be sold for big farm s which means you will not be able to compete with them , meaning --> game over trolls hehe

The blame is on the whales, i mean, think how much eth rose past 2 months, its bullshit, people see opportunities and they take even if all are against them, if eth had not risen as much as it did then what we see right now would not be happening, nvidia would never release a mining only card and so on, meaning, average joe can could still compete cause it would be only the common gpus for gaming,  see where this thing is going? too much attention, is it bad or good, only coming months will show us. I say is bad cause the way i see, a gamer could get at least 20% of the money spent to buy its gpu by just mining when not gaming and that is good, in few weeks that will not be possible anymore. GPU mining will be closing to death to common people. GPU mining will be called GPU asic farmers association hehe

Jamievs

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 08:52:37 PM

One way I am pretty excited. Another way I am sad because mining companies just buy everything at the factory just like they are doing now with the majority of the AMD's.. So we're still left with nothing
Aquazi

Activity: 215
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 09:46:28 PM

One way I am pretty excited. Another way I am sad because mining companies just buy everything at the factory just like they are doing now with the majority of the AMD's.. So we're still left with nothing

Any source for this?

It's very unlikely that they buy gpus at the fabric.

As multiple industry representatives stated (a Sapphire PR guy did, can't find the link) they aren't against mining per se, but the gpu shortage is very harmful for their business and marketshare.

Especially since they are AMD exclusive.

Even tho they are happy for selling all cards, their brand loses lots of recognition among gamers.

Maybe they can get their hands on hundreds/thousands of cards at distributors level, but there's no chance in hell that any of these companies are selling GPUs directly to miners, that would literally infuriate and piss all their distributors that have nothing to sell and would dump them for other brands.

Then, mining craze is gone, and they sold 50-100k gpu to those farms you claim, and distributors don't support them anymore their brand and customers now are more likely to buy from other brands as well (some they know and liked from their previous card).

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▶▶▶▶ Get Your Free Tokens Now ◀◀◀◀  First PoS Smart Contract Token
    PoSToken       Free Airdrop ●  No-ICO ●  100% Annual Interest First Year
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ANN ●  WebSite  ●  Twitter  ●  Slack  ●  Whitepaper
Jamievs

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 05:06:20 AM

Any source for this?

As multiple industry representatives stated (a Sapphire PR guy did, can't find the link) they aren't against mining per se, but the gpu shortage is very harmful for their business and marketshare.

Even tho they are happy for selling all cards, their brand loses lots of recognition among gamers.

Maybe they can get their hands on hundreds/thousands of cards at distributors level, but there's no chance in hell that any of these companies are selling GPUs directly to miners, that would literally infuriate and piss all their distributors that have nothing to sell and would dump them for other brands.

Then, mining craze is gone, and they sold 50-100k gpu to those farms you claim, and distributors don't support them anymore their brand and customers now are more likely to buy from other brands as well (some they know and liked from their previous card).

I certainly hope you're right
thesavoyard

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 05:24:57 AM

Any source for this?

AMDs only make up 16% of the GPU market, they are much easier to sell out because they don't have near the production of Nvidia.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: