Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 09:07:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [HARDWARE][NVIDIA] Pascal GP106-100 - True Mining GPU  (Read 16261 times)
Guvn0r

Activity: 647
Merit: 274

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 06:08:01 AM

How come there isnt a single news from official sources? even though so close to release.. like some say 1-2 weeks?
Mattthev (OP)

Activity: 966
Merit: 359

👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2017, 07:01:38 AM

How come there isnt a single news from official sources? even though so close to release.. like some say 1-2 weeks?
I still hope for a hoax but lot of shops start listing it.

Mining Bios with Performance Timings 👍 Mining-Bios.euPBE 1.7PBE 3 PRO👌⛏│AFFILIATE system 10% ref 💰💲BTC│👉 XMR-AEON-STAK 🔝⛏ Monero V9 (CNv4) ✅│XMRig AMD🔝⛏ CNv4 ✅
FIAT from BINANCE to REVOLUT 💳│🚀Upcoming/Active ICO list📈🤑│👉Free Bitcoin BTC Faucet💰💲│Guides:RX 470/480/570/580, VEGA Bios Mod Tutorial - SRB, PBE 💰💲│PBE.eu
CRYPTO to FIAT BTC💲💳│ How to Mine XMR/RYO and CN coins + Miners Downloads💰⛏│Guides:How to Mine AEON💰⛏
monerobiosedit@gmail.com│✅Did I help you? Give me some +Merit 🤜🤛👌
Guvn0r

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 07:36:45 AM

True, my supplier also confirmed availability of these cards, did not confirm price though. But, I am very skeptical about these cards for the reason that there isn't a single word from NVIDIA.
I am not sure if it is even possible, but may be they can make cards using cheaper version of laptop gpus? and then sell them as mining cards?

Since I don't see any solid news and stuff from manufacturers or official sources, I see a strong chance of these being fake. I wouldn't buy these even if cheap or unless NVIDIA release some kind of news or advertisement.
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 07:43:40 AM

Most non-ETH altcoins are a lot less sensitive to memory latency issues than ETH and it's offshoots.

GTX 1080 and 1080 Ti both work quite well and efficiently on ZEC, among other options.

I doubt we are going to see much if any more hashrate out of the mining-specific cards vs their consumer varients - but dropping all the video circuitry and disabling the "video output" parts of the GPU die should result in substantial power savings, I could see 20-30% less power used at the same clocks as a result (which would be somewhat better than TheStilt managed on his "no undervolt" version of his R9 290 BIOS, but he didn't disable ALL the video capabilities and the video output stuff was still on the board).

Pricing numbers seem to still be up in the air and conflicting - but IN THEORY these boards should be lower priced, though being smaller production numbers might limit the savings some.

I did see mention somewhere that EVGA might be one of the "partners" after all - which gives me some hope for us "small fry" having access at a fairly reasonable price, given their direct sale policies.
Yeah, I only know about ZEC. NVIDIA is pretty useless for Monero :/

Not true. GTX 750ti is STILL one of the most efficient Monero mining options, and some of the other NVidia cards are pretty efficient at it as well.

With that said, though, XMR isn't a good NVidia mining choice except for the 750ti and POSSIBLY some of the LOW-end 9xx/10xx series.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
QuintLeo
Legendary

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 07:48:54 AM

If I were to invest in mining then I would think carefully, mining is never profitable in any way

*looks at my profits from the last year of mining, ROFLMAO*

If mining is never profitable, explain how bigger miner companies like MegaBigPower (aka GigaWatt) stay in business and keep growing their mining operations.

Mining RIGHT NOW is more profitable on GPU-mineable coins than it has EVER been - and I made quite a bit back in the Litecoin mining craze, enough to buy several of my current GPUs out of the profits.

There seems to be some confusion though - the "mining system" appears to be based on a mobile or modified mobile version of the NVidia 1060 (similar to the mobile AMD cards the PandaMiner uses), that is NOT the "P106-100".

The P106-100 (and P104-100) are supposed to be stand-alone standard GPUs except for having no video output (similar to some WORKSTATION GPUs like the long-running AMD Firepro-S series).

Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
Mattthev (OP)

👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2017, 08:12:05 AM

Not true. GTX 750ti is STILL one of the most efficient Monero mining options, and some of the other NVidia cards are pretty efficient at it as well.

With that said, though, XMR isn't a good NVidia mining choice except for the 750ti and POSSIBLY some of the LOW-end 9xx/10xx series.

I don't have 750ti, but http://monerobenchmarks.info/ says 280H/s. I can have 269H/s with my laptop GPU GTX 860m Cheesy That thing has 45W TDP or so... Using XMR-STAK-NVIDIA.

Mining Bios with Performance Timings 👍 Mining-Bios.euPBE 1.7PBE 3 PRO👌⛏│AFFILIATE system 10% ref 💰💲BTC│👉 XMR-AEON-STAK 🔝⛏ Monero V9 (CNv4) ✅│XMRig AMD🔝⛏ CNv4 ✅
FIAT from BINANCE to REVOLUT 💳│🚀Upcoming/Active ICO list📈🤑│👉Free Bitcoin BTC Faucet💰💲│Guides:RX 470/480/570/580, VEGA Bios Mod Tutorial - SRB, PBE 💰💲│PBE.eu
CRYPTO to FIAT BTC💲💳│ How to Mine XMR/RYO and CN coins + Miners Downloads💰⛏│Guides:How to Mine AEON💰⛏
thesavoyard

Activity: 560
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 08:47:03 AM

Please link one because not only are the pics inconsistent (some have fans while release info said no fans) there are 0 credible news sources on this. Also, Google can't find anyone selling it, do I need Tor and DuckDuckGo?

Vaccinus

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 09:01:47 AM

One way I am pretty excited. Another way I am sad because mining companies just buy everything at the factory just like they are doing now with the majority of the AMD's.. So we're still left with nothing

you can't buy this anyway in some country because of the limited warranty, good luck getting vendors to sell product with onyl 3 years warranty, the minimum is 2 years, it's illegal to sell for less

Mattthev (OP)

👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2017, 09:29:10 AM

Please link one because not only are the pics inconsistent (some have fans while release info said no fans) there are 0 credible news sources on this. Also, Google can't find anyone selling it, do I need Tor and DuckDuckGo?
With 2 years warranty.
https://www.alza.cz/mining-gtx-1060-6gb-d5004892.htm

thesavoyard

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 02:07:24 PM

With 2 years warranty.

Seems to be legit, people have been ordering from them. I'm not sure if I need to be happy or disappointed.

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.alza.co.uk

Mattthev (OP)

👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2017, 02:57:16 PM

Seems to be legit, people have been ordering from them. I'm not sure if I need to be happy or disappointed.

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.alza.co.uk
I think it is the biggest shop here in CZ Cheesy So the shop is legit Cheesy They are now even selling Tesla cars Cheesy
I don't like cards like that. One of my customer has AMD RX 470 Mining GPU, I've mod bios for that card, the hashrates is almost same as on other RX 470, it has only Samsung memory so that's pretty cool. But still I don't want it Cheesy

Guvn0r

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 03:22:03 PM

is it just me or this card look fishy ? I mean, this just doesn't look "MSI" or "ASUS" or "Colorful" to me man..
NetopyrMan

Activity: 144
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 04:14:49 PM

With 2 years warranty.

alza stops selling this cards .... useless gpu anyway
Mattthev (OP)

👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2017, 04:33:40 PM

alza stops selling this cards .... useless gpu anyway
Right Cheesy Yes! Hoax card!!!

QuintLeo
Legendary

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 06:05:59 PM

I don't have 750ti, but http://monerobenchmarks.info/ says 280H/s. I can have 269H/s with my laptop GPU GTX 860m Cheesy That thing has 45W TDP or so... Using XMR-STAK-NVIDIA.

Which is about the same to a little MORE power than the 750 ti needs.

So many options for making good money with GPUs the last year and change, then the price rises hit over the last couple months and change.... 8-)

cryptomined

Activity: 168
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2017, 05:19:25 AM
Last edit: June 22, 2017, 09:28:49 AM by cryptomined

is it just me or this card look fishy ? I mean, this just doesn't look "MSI" or "ASUS" or "Colorful" to me man..

why are you reuploading my photo after removing the watermark?
why are you bashing the colorful card and doubting me?  I have always been honest.  why didnt you show people the galaxy or asus cards???
Why you calling me "some guy from china" when clearly the name is cryptomined???

This is the original thread where I broke the news FIRST! YEAH FIRST!!!!  THAT MEANS BEFORE ANYONE ON THIS ENTIRE FORUM... BEFORE ANYONE ELSE ON THE INTERNET!!! Shows you something!!!

https://forum.z.cash/t/nvidia-to-release-mining-only-gpus-soon/16257/68

These are the photos I recently uploaded:

thesavoyard

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 05:35:36 AM

buddy, what is your problem with censoring my watermark?!?!?!?  
why are you reuploading my photo after removing the watermark?  what kind of low life are you?
why are you bashing the colorful card and doubting me?  I have always been honest.  why didnt you show people the galaxy or asus cards???
Why you calling me "some guy from china" when clearly the name is CRYPTOMINED???

WTF

This is the original thread where I broke the news FIRST! YEAH FIRST!!!!  THAT MEANS BEFORE ANYONE ON THIS ENTIRE FORUM!!! Shows you something!!!

And it is because of people like you, that whenever i do get news before anyone else, I will be posting on the zcash forum and not here. so if someone finds my news and re-reports it here, FFS, I would appreciate the reference!!!!

https://forum.z.cash/t/nvidia-to-release-mining-only-gpus-soon/16257/68

These are the photos I recently uploaded:

You may have broken it here on this forum first, but word is this is a hoax from some guy from Chine. I've yet to see convincing evidence this is real/ The retailers that list it do not say they will sell it.

cryptomined

Activity: 168
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2017, 05:42:12 AM
Last edit: June 22, 2017, 09:25:56 AM by cryptomined

You may have broken it here on this forum first, but word is this is a hoax from some guy from Chine. I've yet to see convincing evidence this is real/ The retailers that list it do not say they will sell it.

I broke it FIRST ON THE ENTIRE INTERNET!!!

"some guy from china" he was referring to me.. and im not from china, i just live here

Oh they are real, I have already ordered 12 MSI and 12 Galaxy

when i say NVidia is coming out with dedicated mining cards, gp106... im not screwing around

thesavoyard

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 05:44:28 AM

I broke it FIRST ON THE ENTIRE INTERNET!!!

"some guy from china" he was referring to me.. and im not from china, i just live here

Oh they are real, I have already ordered 12 MSI and 12 Galaxy

when i say NVidia is coming out with dedicated mining cards, gp106... im not screwing around

im not some low life on here spreading rumors

Guvn0r is a dickhead and he shoulod have given me credit instead of stealing my photos!!!!!

Well please tell me how I can get my hands on 70 gp104-100

szafa

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 05:53:37 AM

Someone buy this gpu and testing how much hash in lbry?
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: