Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:24:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] 0pticoin (0TC) - Release Date: May 15, 2013 - Postponed ~1 month [ANN]  (Read 18805 times)
turtle83

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

Supersonic

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2013, 05:26:11 PM

It's 5:04pm GMT right now.

No, it's 18:04. I live in the UK.

UK = GMT +1 (summer time)

I think people should use UTC for times. GMT confuses people, especially people from UK who think they are at the center of the world.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
turtle83

Activity: 322

Supersonic

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2013, 05:29:15 PM

Alright, this project is going to require a bit more time. The scope of this project has become bigger than I originally expected.

I am working now with a small team of IRL friends and based on the past week's progress, we expect to be ready within the next month but I do not want to set a deadline for fear of missing it again, I do not want to ruin this project entirely by continuously giving false deadlines.

If any experienced C++ programmers want to join our team we would happy to welcome you on board (no cut/paste programmers please).

We thank you for your patience and we apologize for the inconvenience (again).

http://nooooooooooooooo.com/button.swf

c4n10 (OP)

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 05:31:04 PM

Glad you at least thinking your coin out take your time it will be better off once all the crap dies off.

Agreed, the flood of clones with nothing new to offer is a bit unsettling.

So it will be still a test coin or the final coin then?

The concept has not changed, the coin will still be considered a "test" coin in beta. I could just release it as is, but I would prefer to launch the coin with all the features I have mentioned as part of the initial launch rather than releasing half finished code with partially working features.

Another part of the delay is that I would like to have some time to test the code and test the features to see if they can be exploited. Before release I would like to be certain that people can't just give themselves a 100% chance to get a block with increased reward and test to make sure that the code for allowing mining at decreased difficulty when "x" amount of time has passed since the last block found.

But by far, the most time-consuming part is trying to work out the hashrate limitation based on a ratio of difficulty and current network hashrate as compared to each client's current hashrate.

We are also working on adding a few other undisclosed features which we will announce closer to the launch date (once we have tested their feasibility).

I am glad to hear you won't rush a half baked product out the door like elecoin did. Take your time to make it a good one. Besides, as others have mentioned, the recent flood of copy-paste half baked clones had sort-of made now a rather bad time to release a coin. Though I have doubts that in a few weeks or whatever it will be any different from now.

We appreciate your support!  Smiley

I doubt the clone flood will have stopped in a few weeks but hopefully we can bring some real change to the table and inspire others to do the same.

Okay, no worries. I wish you good luck!

If there is anything an experienced iOS-programmer could do for the project, lemme know. =)

Cheers!

Hmmm, a mobile client at launch time... Interesting idea, I will be messaging you in a bit for sure   =)

This Coin gets more and more potential in my eyes. A dedicated developer is worth A LOT

Wink

I think people should use UTC for times. GMT confuses people, especially people from UK who think they are at the center of the world.

This is why I was trying to use server time as it is a time that is common to all of us here on the forums. I think I will go back to server time.
#R#a#u#t#e#

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 05:38:17 PM

+1 on the delay !

take your time and do some dev!

and oh my god its a test coin for testing, its worthless!    ...most altcoins cant claim to be anything actually
Lowlander

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 05:40:05 PM

Next - ****UPDATE: Release has been postponed for ~1 year (see below)****
rouf553

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 05:48:15 PM

I have to wait for a pool.
wesleyrbk

Activity: 106

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 11:01:04 PM

Take all the time you need. Can't wait for the coin itself. Finally some preparation before launch instead of a simple copy paste and 2 edited lines in code.
Aragami

Activity: 79

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 11:14:30 PM

Good to hear that you're taking your time, though my thoughts would be to take as long as you need, and release a finished product, not a test coin. If you want to release a test coin then ask a few people you trust to jump on a private network and have gpu hashing wars for a week or so - dont release a test coin to the public. I'd imagine everyone would jump on it asap and go crazy trying to make money off of an unfinished product in your eyes - if you're ok with that, then by all means.

I just think you might like people to play with your finished and polished product, rather than a dented coin.

Another thing i wanted to add, just for a bit of flavour: rename the coin to "SuspenseCoin" or "PostponedCoin" ? =)
MobGod

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2013, 11:21:54 PM

Good to hear that you're taking your time, though my thoughts would be to take as long as you need, and release a finished product, not a test coin. If you want to release a test coin then ask a few people you trust to jump on a private network and have gpu hashing wars for a week or so - dont release a test coin to the public. I'd imagine everyone would jump on it asap and go crazy trying to make money off of an unfinished product in your eyes - if you're ok with that, then by all means.

I just think you might like people to play with your finished and polished product, rather than a dented coin.

Another thing i wanted to add, just for a bit of flavour: rename the coin to "SuspenseCoin" or "PostponedCoin" ? =)
+1

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
thesnoo23

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 03:56:44 PM

Alright, this project is going to require a bit more time. The scope of this project has become bigger than I originally expected.

I am working now with a small team of IRL friends and based on the past week's progress, we expect to be ready within the next month but I do not want to set a deadline for fear of missing it again, I do not want to ruin this project entirely by continuously giving false deadlines.

If any experienced C++ programmers want to join our team we would happy to welcome you on board (no cut/paste programmers please).

We thank you for your patience and we apologize for the inconvenience (again).

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/2738595840/h630B17DF/

Crapcoins, the latest addition to high-tech addictive drugs.  Cheesy

True, they will buy anything even if it's a testnet coin.

Pff. Bitcoin snobs.  Roll Eyes Yeah, clearly everyone wants it for the monies, not because it's one of the rare coins that's actually being planned out and announced with new features more than 24 hours before its release.
wesleyrbk

Activity: 106

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 04:18:16 PM

Any updates?
MobGod

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2013, 04:43:01 PM

Was just going to ask the same thing lol