Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:13:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: could bitcoin be replaced by another crypto currency?  (Read 11951 times)
super5star

Activity: 313
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 12:44:50 PM

Paycoinzzz, i´ve created this thread and this is the second time i write a post. What you wrote in your post is really true. I´ve found in many posts some romantic feature with the btc, but 11/12 in cbot btc began to be traded as future and today 18/12 cme (the biggest future market in the world) will began to trade it, too. Who trades here? The power, the money owners: hedge funds, central banks, investment banks, etc. If there´s some romantic with the btc, since today that feature will disappear, believe me. Love´ll be replaced by profits.
Yes you are right bitcoins can never be replaced but then a thought comes in mind that what if some other altcoin’s team get their feet firmed in market and they started making some better progress about that coin. So I think we can’t say this is impossible for bitcoin to be replaced by any other coin. Even if this happen, it will take a long and longtime but still possible.
Anco_Marzio

Activity: 186
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 12:58:26 PM

Yes, it's very possible (actually innevitable...) as bitcoin has some structural problem that will bring it to collapse. We'll see.

wolfgang56

Activity: 248

WWW.BLOCKCHAIN021.COM

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 02:11:33 PM

i do this question because i´ve read in this website issues with bitcoin, slow mining process, high fees, etc. and i´ve read too good reviews of some altcoins, ethereum (smart contracts), ripple (for transfers between banks), dash and nem. these altcoins called 2.0. could bitcoin become just in future virtual gold reserved to companies and rich people?
There is a possiblity that there are new crytocurrency that people are working into. It might be more advance than bitcoin but I don't think people will get to used to it easily, just like how they cope up wit bitcoins.

anhhung409

Activity: 318

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 02:19:43 PM

I think at the present time, only wealthy people can own Bitcoin. However, if it disappeared, there would probably be another alternative to it. Currently, there are many Altcoins in the market and have high growth potential but not many people know. Therefore, we need to have many ways of communication, publicity to help people know it

andrei56

Activity: 840
Merit: 254

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 12:47:15 AM

I don't think bitcoin could replace by any cryptocurrency as the top one because almost all cryptos now are almost clone of bitcoin. They may have better features and applications than bitcoin but all are based on bitcoin's decentralized open-source blockchain technology which is bitcoin is the original creator.
Correct many of the projects coming out are not really original and in some cases you could use bitcoin directly as the solution but no, people want to create their useless coins and try to get millions of dollars in funding and make themselves rich by creating a useless product.
pankowri

Activity: 728
Merit: 63

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 01:01:29 AM

In my opinion, I think it could happen probably. Bitcoin is the world's first cryptocurrency.For this,it is called the mother of all currency. It is more profitable than other crypto.It has a good security system.For this,it is safe than others.For these reason,Bitcoin is different than others.But Bitcoin could be replaced by other crypto currency.

woffingshire

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 01:02:05 AM

i do this question because i´ve read in this website issues with bitcoin, slow mining process, high fees, etc. and i´ve read too good reviews of some altcoins, ethereum (smart contracts), ripple (for transfers between banks), dash and nem. these altcoins called 2.0. could bitcoin become just in future virtual gold reserved to companies and rich people?

Maybe if ethereum have the same success in the next couple of years I don't see it happening any time soon.
ikkyu

Activity: 7

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 01:22:57 AM

Until this week, I would have said no, but now the prices are just way too high and the fees are way too high too. There isn't anything that BTC can do that LTC can't. Not only that, I think privacy and being untraceable will be a bigger and bigger concern in the coming years. I see the crypto investment community splitting in 2 major directions:

1. Scalability and government approval (Cardano, Ripple, Waves, Stratis)
2. Privacy focused (Monero, Verge, XSPEC, ZEN, Onion)

BTC won't be replaced by just one thing, it will be replaced by a cluster. The absolute monarch (BTC) will fall to the council of oligarchs (top alts). This is much like the historical cycles of governments.
LogitechMouse
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1036

Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2017, 04:43:55 AM

Bitcoin can be replace by another cryptocurrency maybe or maybe not. For me it can be replaced by another digital currency but it will take a long long time before it happens. Some says that ETH is the nearest one to replace bitcoin but if we base it on the market cap, bitcoin's market cap is 3x higher than the market cap of ETH so in order for ETH to replace BTC it will need to surpass the cap of BTC. Even though the fees and the transaction affects bitcoin, many are buying it because most investors are thinking bitcoin for a long term maybe.

SIGNATURE FOR RENT
Granxis

Activity: 1400
Merit: 536

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 07:10:51 AM

I don't think bitcoin could replace by any cryptocurrency as the top one because almost all cryptos now are almost clone of bitcoin. They may have better features and applications than bitcoin but all are based on bitcoin's decentralized open-source blockchain technology which is bitcoin is the original creator.
Correct many of the projects coming out are not really original and in some cases you could use bitcoin directly as the solution but no, people want to create their useless coins and try to get millions of dollars in funding and make themselves rich by creating a useless product.
We do not see good and promising projects because there are too many unnecessary projects. People started to cool off the projects. Many projects disappear without being realized. There are many examples like this. For this reason, trading rather than projects is more advantageous.

.Duelbits.
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
..DICE...
███████████████████████████████
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███                         ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
.MINES.
████████████████████████▄▀▄████
██████████████▀▄▄▄▀█████▄▀▄████
████████████▀ █████▄▀████ █████
██████████      █████▄▀▀▄██████
███████▀          ▀████████████
█████▀              ▀██████████
█████                ██████████
████▌                ▐█████████
█████                ██████████
██████▄            ▄███████████
████████▄▄      ▄▄█████████████
.PLINKO.
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
██████▀  ▄▄███ ███      ▀██████
█████  ▄▀▀                █████
████  ▀                    ████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
NEARLY UP TO
.50%. REWARDS
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
ljm8888

Activity: 163

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 07:18:20 AM

Bitcoins are not replaced by other digital currencies. The first name of bitcoin to become a digital currency is caused by a certain world environment and a certain coincidence. The results are not replicable. In the revolution without another digital currency, bitcoin is unique!
Marianmariana

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 03:01:16 PM

I think it will. Because people will use bitcoin increasingly more. The planet has become much more eletronic. And lots of copanies utilize it as wll.emc
groundcontrol67

Activity: 106

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 03:04:42 PM

In time this is possible and probably likely, everything has their time at the top and is eventually replaced. Nothing can remain at the top for ever and bitcoin will be no different in this sense.

aencarnaci

Activity: 448
Merit: 281

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 05:35:31 AM

For now Bitcoin is irreplaceable because of the current market value i doubt that any coin can reach the same value as Bitcoin. It will only be replaced if investors will fully support a coin that they would think that could replaced bitcoin. But for now its really impossible.
You are very right and you have done the wonderful analysis but here we have to look into management systems because the currency is online and it has to available to the people 24/7.

Last week the exchange was crashed because of the traffic overflow and same week the denial of service attacks were also launched to somehow keep the people away from their wallet. If the same will happen in future, then investors and people will look for some alternate currency.
Brunus Januensis

Activity: 43

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 10:07:02 PM

Probably, due to some of bitcoin structural problems. But I think that there is still a log way to any replacement.
And, of course, the real bet is "which coin will replace bitcoin?"
Orino Suimuri

Activity: 129

RedTube & Rasputin Party Mansion

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 10:25:29 PM

I don't think it will be replaced, as it's too strong; more probable, there will rise other crypto currencies more "specialized" in differerent economy sectors.

●  ROC2  ●   We have successfully delivered STAGE 1   ● ━━━━━━━━━━ ━━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
━ ━━ ━━━━ ━━━━━━  We now invite you to become part of PHASE2 expansion In Partnership With REDTUBE
● Telegram    ● Twitter    ● Facebook    ● Medium    [  ICO is L I V E !  ]   ━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
dogeeeeeeee2

Activity: 39

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 03:14:49 PM

I think there will be a chance for that situation happens if users refuse to use Bitcoins. ETH would be replace Bitcoin with the advantage of smart contracts.
logicgate

Activity: 994
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 08:08:50 PM

Bitcoins are not replaced by other digital currencies. The first name of bitcoin to become a digital currency is caused by a certain world environment and a certain coincidence. The results are not replicable. In the revolution without another digital currency, bitcoin is unique!
Being first in the crypto market, bitcoins have some superior features that are not found in any other coin, although bitcoins and other coins and same strategy of work, same work frame but the beauty that bitcoins had showed in the past was never shown by any other coin. That is the reason I think bitcoins are more likely to dominate the market in future too against other coins.
wxxyrqa

Activity: 1344
Merit: 121

Growth & Marketing | IEO | Bounty | Strat

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2017, 09:53:02 PM

Being first in the crypto market, bitcoins have some superior features that are not found in any other coin, although bitcoins and other coins and same strategy of work, same work frame but the beauty that bitcoins had showed in the past was never shown by any other coin. That is the reason I think bitcoins are more likely to dominate the market in future too against other coins.
To be honest, this question was very amused to me, because I do not know what cleverness It can catch up with Bitcoin or At the extreme case catch up with the price that Bitcoin has to date.
andrei56

Activity: 840
Merit: 254

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 04:11:50 AM

Well it's hard to predict what will happennext but those digital coins has a potential next to bitcoin but it's difficult to replace bitcoin so easily because what bitcoin done so far is hard to surpass.
People keep talking about the next bitcoin and they have been talking about that since bitcoin was created and yet no coin is even close to that, it seem obvious to me that  a coin that can surpass bitcoin is not very easy to create because if that was the case that coin should have been created already, this gives me confidence about the investment I made in bitcoin and that is why I keep investing in bitcoin despite the high price.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: