Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 10:10:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Klondike 1 Avalon Asic chip Mini USB miner  (Read 70597 times)
davidspitzer

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 07:59:52 PM

i may have missed it in all the posts but what is the expected hash rate for each of these?
r3animation

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 08:12:41 PM

i may have missed it in all the posts but what is the expected hash rate for each of these?

282mh/s per chip
OB1

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 05:32:13 AM

Add me to mailing list.

AM usb miners are in a bubble as was BTC at over $240+.
HowGudAmI

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

BTC --> ??? --> PROFIT

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 11:23:50 AM

You probably need the buy the chips first and send them over to the assemblers.

I fail to see why no one wants to supply like you know, a FINISHED WORKING PRODUCT?!

Tongue

Because the people designing the USB miner (allten, bkkcoin) don't have the BTC to make the minimum 10,000 chip order from Avalon?

Anyway there are so many threads on the front page which will allow you to find the chip suppliers, designers and assemblers.

I can see his point though (tom_o's). I want to send my BTC to someone and get a USB ASIC miner posted to me that I can plug in and configure - I dont want to send BTC to two people then receive two parcels then ship one parcel to someone who will assemble it (plus some BTC to pay them) then get it shipped back before I can finally use it.

I understand the designer may not have the capital to order a tonne of chips but they will have more buying power than any of us who will be looking for 1/2/5/10/20etc chips, and therefore will benefit from economies of scale. Could the BTC necessary not be raised via preorders, kick-starter or even an IPO. I would invest in either one of those three choices!.

Smiley
BkkCoins

Activity: 784
Merit: 1009

firstbits:1MinerQ

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2013, 11:54:19 AM
Last edit: May 19, 2013, 01:13:10 PM by BkkCoins

I fail to see why no one wants to supply like you know, a FINISHED WORKING PRODUCT?!

Tongue

Because the people designing the USB miner (allten, bkkcoin) don't have the BTC to make the minimum 10,000 chip order from Avalon?

Anyway there are so many threads on the front page which will allow you to find the chip suppliers, designers and assemblers.

I can see his point though (tom_o's). I want to send my BTC to someone and get a USB ASIC miner posted to me that I can plug in and configure - I dont want to send BTC to two people then receive two parcels then ship one parcel to someone who will assemble it (plus some BTC to pay them) then get it shipped back before I can finally use it.

I understand the designer may not have the capital to order a tonne of chips but they will have more buying power than any of us who will be looking for 1/2/5/10/20etc chips, and therefore will benefit from economies of scale. Could the BTC necessary not be raised via preorders, kick-starter or even an IPO. I would invest in either one of those three choices!.
Some of these options will come. Right now we're doing development and when a workable product is close there will be some assemblers who integrate the design and chips. I know I'll offer some assembly on the K1 and if I can arrange chips to me then I'll be able to do it in one step.

I think the main thing now is that "us" guys who are doing the dev work are not comfortable with the traditional tactic here of promising everything, taking your money, and delivering next year. I know I want to have something in hand that I can take orders for, but I want it to be more than vapour ware first. Things are moving forward every day. I've had several people contact me saying they have chips on order and want to assemble and sell finished products.

I'm about to order first test boards within a day or two. We only got final protocol docs from Avalon a couple days back so we're all busy finalizing any design changes.

btceic

Activity: 392

♫ A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw ♫

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2013, 12:16:31 PM

I think this is a pretty sweet idea. How feasible is it though? Is this more at the 'hey this a good idea stage' or the 'hey I think I can actually make this it wouldn't be that tough' stage? Smiley
I've done the schematic and I'm partially through the board layout now. Maybe tomorrow will have something concrete. But still pending on Avalon docs forthcoming.

Well high-five to you then sir. You have an excellent product on your hand if it all pans out. You should go full steam ahead with this.

Be fantastic to augment mining rigs with some usb asic's.

Hell open up a new company with stocks at BCT-TC to raise funds while your at it, because I'd like to buy in.

+1

♫ This situation, which side are you on? Are you getting out? Are you dropping bombs? Have you heard of diplomatic resolve? ♫ How To Run A Cheap Full Bitcoin Node For $19 A Year ♫ If I knew where it was, I would take you there. There’s much more than this. ♫ Track Your Bitcoins Value
dnaleor
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000

Want privacy? Use Monero!

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 12:51:34 PM
Last edit: May 20, 2013, 09:08:00 AM by dnaleor

Some of these options will come. Right now we're doing development and when a workable product is close there will be some assemblers who integrate the design and chips. I know I'll offer some assembly on the K1 and if I can arrange chips to me then I'll be able to do it in one step.

I think the main thing now is that "us" guys who are doing the dev work are not comfortable with the traditional tactic here of promising everything, taking your money, and delivering next year. I know I want to have something in hand that I can take orders for, but I want it to be more than vapour ware first. Things are moving forward every day. I've had several people contact me saying they have chips on order and want to assemble and sell finished products.

I'm about to order first test boards within a day or two. We only got final protocol docs from Avalon a couple days back so we're all busy finalizing the any design changes.

looking good! We all want working products, so don't go to fast.

Any idea how large the minimum purchase will be? 10 USB sticks? and a price range? Then we can all start finding cosumers Smiley
th3joker

Activity: 319

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 06:14:15 PM

I'll take a bunch of them :-)
logicbomb666

Activity: 260

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2013, 12:10:31 AM

I'm interested for sure.

I think snare rolls should be used as a currency.
dnaleor
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 09:06:23 AM

Tongue

Maybe they should start a company for this and start selling shares? Smiley
I would certainly buy some shares Wink
Noitev (OP)

Activity: 812
Merit: 505

The Last NXT Founder

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 10:10:20 AM

nah, I already have funds.
BkkCoins

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2013, 10:31:45 AM
Last edit: May 20, 2013, 10:48:36 AM by BkkCoins

First test board ready to send off to the factory.
Here is a render of it 2up, 5cm x 5cm. This is the under side.
2 LEDs on other side (top): Green - Power, Red - Activity. (position marked near left edge)
Heat sink will cover from 5mm left side to near the USB connector.
The small connector at left edge is for daisy chaining or connecting to K16. (It's an I2C bus.)
Although my test boards will be green, I'm really thinking of using white for the final product (because white and LEDs are just so bling - I just need a blue anodized heat sink).

dnaleor
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 11:05:34 AM

2 LEDs on other side (top): Green - Power, Red - Activity. (position marked near left edge)
The small connector at left edge is for daisy chaining or connecting to K16. (It's an I2C bus.)
Although my test boards will be green, I'm really thinking of using white for the final product (because white and LEDs are just so bling - I just need a blue anodized heat sink).

really nice work!!! I just can't wait Cheesy
Noitev (OP)

The Last NXT Founder

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 12:18:24 PM

added to first post. and awesome, can't wait to see the test boards.
Zeronic

Activity: 243
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 01:01:26 PM

I guess I need to save up my BTC and grab a few, looking good.

●   John McAfee Supports   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱   
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
mtbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 876

Etherscan.io

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 02:11:17 PM

Sorry, if I missed this. But is there a estimated cost for the board and assembly (minus the chips)

Thanks

EtherScan::Ethereum Block Explorer | BlockScan::Coming Soon
Noitev (OP)

The Last NXT Founder

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 02:17:25 PM

Sorry, if I missed this. But is there a estimated cost for the board and assembly (minus the chips)

Thanks

It was said that it would be 16 for a kit and 25 assembled not including chips, but you'll have to contact bkkcoins if this has changed or if you can get it from him.
BkkCoins

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2013, 02:18:53 PM

Thanks
I posted somewhere way back up the thread that I thought a kit could be $16, and assembled $25, both without the ASIC. I'm not sure what the ASIC will end up costing people. I bought mine back when BTC was quite low and it was $6 each. Now I think they're going for almost double that.

I think that is still a reasonable target price now. Expect somewhat lower prices for bulk qty.

(An assembled unit would have an ASIC installed but it would have to be provided or arranged somehow, eg. a group buy sending a batch to me).

crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 02:22:42 PM

Thanks

My current projection for retail price is $16 for a kit, and $25 for assembled - both NOT including the ASIC.

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
nullfiat

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 02:26:26 PM

Interested...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: