Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 03:31:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 66 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Safest way to keep bitcoins?  (Read 18351 times)
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 08:00:31 AM

The safest way for me to keep bitcoins is to buy a hardware wallet like 1-2 hardware wallets so you can diversify your money and you need to back up all those private key or some sort of back up options so you can sleep in every nigh very well because you don't need to worry about your money that are stored in those hardware wallets.
Larva14

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 08:13:28 AM

Cold storage is probably the safest way. I suggest that you use a hardware wallet. You can buy them in the marketplace. Examples of some are Trezor or the Ledger nano. I myself own the Ledger nano. I would definitely recommend it to you. It is perhaps, the safest method... if you are careful when handling it. If you lose the hardware wallet or break it, then... your Bitcoin is most likely lost.

I agree that cold storare one the safest way to keep your safe and secure. Cold storage or hardware wallet is an offline wallet that you need to install to your computer and you can assure that your bitcoin is safe because it has private key that you're the only one who knows it. You can also put your bitcoin in online wallet. Some bitcoin users usually use the hardware wallet.
ASHLIUSZ

Activity: 994
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 08:18:54 AM

Based on the usage by the user the safest way of having bitcoin into wallets differ. In my personal opinion most of the time I use bitcoin for gambling. For this ready access is a must and based on the same I prefer online wallets and for long term holding hardware wallet is preferred.
XbladeX
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 08:37:21 AM

IMO best way is to have combo like Trezor + cryptosteel.
Trezor gives you access to your coins and make it hard for hackers to steel it.
And cryptosteel is good for storing recovery seed somewhere this one is fire proof and gives nice protection.

Request / 26th September / 2022 APP-06-22-4587
jualidbitmixer

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 08:40:49 AM

What is the safest way to keep bitcoins.

Taken dangers like hacking, losing in to account!
The safest way to do is to secure you password fo not use personal info as a password because hacker can easily hack it. Choose a wallet that is good for keeping bitcoins. Also keep personal info if youre using online wallets like blockchain.

Online web wallet like blockchain.info is really good though for stored your bitcoins online. They are veteran on cryptocoin and maybe the best bitcoin web wallet. It's also safe but keep in your mind that don't download and open something suspicious, it might contain a virus that can hack your wallet.
Abimayu

Activity: 546
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 08:42:00 AM

I have two options if I want to save my bitcoin, not have plan to spend at the moment. I will use Papper Address or Cold Storage (Bitcoin Client or Electrum) or hardware like Trezor.
stomachgrowls

Activity: 2870
Merit: 771

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 08:45:33 AM

I have two options if I want to save my bitcoin, not have plan to spend at the moment. I will use Papper Address or Cold Storage (Bitcoin Client or Electrum) or hardware like Trezor.
Those selections are good and its the best way on storing in your Bitcoin specially you do decide to keep it for long term. Hardware wallet like Trezor would be the best choice for me since you can able to keep it physically or in your hands just store up the informations that needed to access that wallet and youre good to go. But thinking off there are still risk on lossing your bitcoin no matter what kind of wallet would you use but on this hardware wallets would somehow do have a good security on your coins.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
mostkey

Activity: 742
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 08:53:10 AM

And cryptosteel is good for storing recovery seed somewhere this one is fire proof and gives nice protection.

That way it is not bad, but do you know Trezor + cryptosteel has a weakness too, maybe you do not know much and deep about Trezor + cryptosteel
There should be read on some of the widely scattered web, but for that Trezor + cryptosteel was not bad either
keefryan

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 09:48:23 AM

That way it is not bad, but do you know Trezor + cryptosteel has a weakness too, maybe you do not know much and deep about Trezor + cryptosteel
There should be read on some of the widely scattered web, but for that Trezor + cryptosteel was not bad either

Hi.  Interesting comments.  Pls provide evidence or a link to any weaknesses in trezor.  ?
Thanks.  Kr

kaloloy

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 09:56:36 AM

Cryptocurrency, Bitcoin or Alt coins were not a physical monetary thing like Dollars or Euro that are used to transfer from one place to another.
A Bitcoin wallet is a secured place that saves all your keys. These keys are used to transact or pass Bitcoin, Bitcoin that exists in the form of transaction outputs stored in the chain of locks and Blockchain is in the wallets of all the users around the world who has running a full node client. The nutshell is responsible to keep the keys in each Ledgers or wallets and then use that key create a transactions.
Spontebob

Activity: 418
Merit: 106

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 10:15:31 AM

There are a lot of ways on how to keep your bitcoin safe knowing that it's not physical money but a cryptocurrency. Having your very own bitcoin wallet is a good way to keep your bitcoin secured. You will have a key here which is your obligation to keep as a secret having no one know it. Make a password also that is strong enough not to be known by anyone. This is one of the best way but if you want a safer one, try trezor and cryptosteel. It makes you invulnerable from hackers.
ReLieD

Activity: 546
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 10:27:01 AM

I would just recommend you to keep your Bitcoins in different wallets. So that even if one of your wallets experience some problems and you fail to claim your money back then you will still have Bitcoin which you stored in other wallets.
You might have heard about this phrase ' don't keeps all the eggs in one nest' , it's the same case. So this method will secure your money. Also if you divide your money your sum in every wallet will be comparably less keeping you away from the radar of hackers

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█          ▄         ▄      ▄▄▄▄▄
█       ▄███      ▄███      █████
█        ████      ████     ▀▀▀▀▀
█         ████      ████
█          ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█           █████████████████████
█            ▀█████▄   ▀█████▄
█              ▀█████▀   ▀█████▀
█                 ▀▀        ▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█▀▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄▄█
keefryan

Activity: 21

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 10:30:00 AM

A team of developers working at trezor have been trying to find a weakness in trezor for the past 3 years the only time anyone got close was when a developer that now works for trezor managed to find a part of the seed using an electron microscope , this issue was quickly secured with a firmware update , even then any potential thief would have had to actually have your trezor.  It is impossible to ( hack ) a trezor because it is never actually connected to the internet and your private keys never leave the device.  To date no one has ever lost any bitcoin or had them stolen while using a trezor.  
Regards. Kr
Subrojit Roy

Activity: 33

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 10:33:02 AM

Bitcoin can be stored in offline storage and then connect online storage when we have to start transaction to secure a bitcoin locally. Please note that offline and online storage can be manage in different OS.

We store fiat cash in a physical wallet, and bitcoin works in a similar way, except it's ... What you store are the secure digital keys used to access your public bitcoin .... It's a good idea to use cold storage for the bulk of your bitcoin fortune..
Alpinat

Activity: 840
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 10:33:20 AM

Safest way is to use an offline wallet. As long as you have the seed of the wallet and you secure it, you have nothing to worry about. Trezor is not the way to go especially if you're just a newbie. It's expensive and you have to buy it from abroad.

Online wallets are completely unsafe because they can run away any time they like, plus, it's on the Internet, therefore, it can be targeted by elite hackers.
lady Royal

Activity: 720
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2017, 10:40:28 AM

I guess the safest way to keep the Bitcoins is download the offline wallet and save your coins there?
If you are using any online wallet use a strong password like which have upper case lower case and special characters and spaces between it. Or use password generators online and you can have the strong password also turn on the 2fa if there is any.

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
■   .PRIVATE SALE is LIVE.   ■
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Whitepaper   ■   Bounty   ■   Bitcointalk

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
                        ███
                     ▄▄ ▀▀▀ ███
                     ██▀ ▄▄ ▀▀▀
                   ▄▄    █▀▀ ▄▄ ██
                   ▀▀ ▄█  ▄▄ ▀
                  ██  ▀ ▄ ▀
                  ▄▄ █▄ ▀▀
                  ▀▀  ▄ ▀
   ▄▄              ██ ▀ ▀
   ██▀               ▄ ▀
  ▄  ▄█         ▄ ▄   ▀
 ███  ▀ █▄ ▄▀ ▀▄  ▀  ▄ ██ ██
  ▀▀ █▄ ▄  ▄█ ▀ █▀  ▀ ▄ ▄▄  ▄█▄
███     ▀▀   ▄█▄       ▄ ▀ ▄ ▀ ▄
▀▀▀ ██ ██ ██  ▀         ▄▄ ▀▀ ▀██
                         ▀ ▄█  ▄▄
                        ▄█ ▀▀ ▀██
                        ▄ ▄█▄
                       ▀▀ ▀▀
                      ██
..Skynet..
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
Telegram   ■   Facebook   ■   Twitter   ■   Medium   ■   Reddit   ■   LinkedIn
.CREATING THE INTELLIGENT MACHINE ECONOMY.

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
DannaWonder

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 11:05:15 AM

The safest way is to get a local wallet and secure your private keys, I think that is the most safest way.
Colt81

Activity: 630
Merit: 265

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 11:35:50 AM
Last edit: August 06, 2017, 03:41:20 PM by Colt81

Actually, the best way to keep your bitcoin safe is put it on online wallet or offline because both of them has a private key that keeps yours bitcoin safe and secure. In addition to that, as of now many already use online wallet and they know that online has high security level that keeps you bitcoin safe. Lastly, don't worry because even professional hackers can't hack your wallet.
Gumpfire

Activity: 378
Merit: 111

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 12:13:58 PM

Bitcoin wallets are not very easy to hack so you don't need to worry about all of your bitcoins because it is safe in your wallets. If you really need a safe wallet why don't you try to use an online wallet like blockchain, it is very safe to use and very easy. You just need to worry about is you need to remember all of your passwords in your wallets account because if you forgot all of your bitcoins will be useless.
Gabrieelle

Activity: 364
Merit: 267

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 01:59:25 PM

I think saving it in a hardware wallet is more secure because you're the one who is handling the wallet and you're sure it won't go anywhere. Unlike with online wallets, you need to enter a safe password and you need to check it most of the time.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 66 »
  Print  

Jump to: