Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 05:35:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 66 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Safest way to keep bitcoins?  (Read 18361 times)
CODE200

Activity: 1484
Merit: 323

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 02:29:21 PM

What is the safest way to keep bitcoins.

Taken dangers like hacking, losing in to account!
The safest way for your bitcoin is keeping it at a wallet an online wallet Example of the tested online money wallet is the coins.ph.Coins.ph is an online money wallet that will help you to ensure that your bitcoin is safe
cybersofts
Copper Member

Activity: 658
Merit: 284

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 02:46:02 PM

There are two best ways to save bitcoins that works for me:

1. Online wallets: Xapo & Blockchain; both wallets has 2FA security.

2. Hardware Wallets, Trezor & Ledger Nano; both wallets are secure and unhackable but you have to keep them in a secure place too because if you lose them you lose your bitcoins.

Pearls Before Swine

Activity: 1190
Merit: 306

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 03:02:40 PM

only a properly created cold storage or a trusted hardware wallet.
you can search for some hardware wallets if you are not tech savvy or don't want to bother learning how tos and if you are willing to pay. things such as Trezor or Ledger nano would work.

or you can learn more about cold storage and do it yourself easily. like creating a paper wallet with tools such as https://github.com/pointbiz/bitaddress.org or make a Trezor like cold storage on your USB disk yourself

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Cold_storage
I get that, but what about just storing the seed phrase securely?   You'd think that
would also be a secure way to store bitcoins without the hassle of fabricating a paper
wallet.  Is that feasible?

I've found that my phone works just fine, though I get that if it gets stolen that I'm hosed.
Hasn't happened yet, and I haven't gotten hacked either.
al3x11

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 03:07:12 PM

i use ledger nano s and im happy with this hardware wallet.be sure to save ur seed in 2-3 copies on trusted places and ur ok.
ICOBank (OP)

Activity: 91

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2017, 04:15:40 PM

i use ledger nano s and im happy with this hardware wallet.be sure to save ur seed in 2-3 copies on trusted places and ur ok.

In case your nano s breaks?
DIAH PERMATASARI

Activity: 246
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 04:28:17 PM

Safest store bitcoin, looking for a good wallet and that no one else can break into.
tleilaxu_eyes

Activity: 145

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 04:38:05 PM

For all those saying to keep it in cold storage: why not buy an altcoin with good stake rewards and keep it online?

Look into the eyes.
Spontebob

Activity: 418
Merit: 106

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 05:05:27 PM

You need to find a good wallet to keep your bitcoin's safety at its best. There are a lot of wallet but there are only few that can be trusted and secured. Trezor and Ledger Nano can be a good one in terms of making your bitcoin safe but still you can search yourself for some hardware wallets. A lot of people who do bitcoin are having trouble in finding a good wallet but if you're really smart then you should stick to those wallet that are proven and tested by a lot of people. Bitcoin is too precious so keep it safe all the time.
andresmarulanda

Activity: 162

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 05:48:43 PM

What do you think about electrum wallet? this is safe

MICROMONEYTOKEN CROWDSALE - 18TH of OCTOBER 2017
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  MicroMoney for People & Big Data for Business  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  LinkedIn  |  Reddit  |  Medium  |  Telegram  |
Servalead7

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

I happy to part this Bitcoin Forum

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 05:56:04 PM

Cold storage is probably the safest way. I suggest that you use a hardware wallet. You can buy them in the marketplace. Examples of some are Trezor or the Ledger nano. I myself own the Ledger nano. I would definitely recommend it to you. It is perhaps, the safest method... if you are careful when handling it. If you lose the hardware wallet or break it, then... your Bitcoin is most likely lost.

Thank you for sharing!
Do you have links for Tutorial about the safest way to keep bitcoins?
I still have many questions about the safety of bitcoin wallets.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
Servalead7

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

I happy to part this Bitcoin Forum

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 05:59:56 PM

You need to find a good wallet to keep your bitcoin's safety at its best. There are a lot of wallet but there are only few that can be trusted and secured. Trezor and Ledger Nano can be a good one in terms of making your bitcoin safe but still you can search yourself for some hardware wallets. A lot of people who do bitcoin are having trouble in finding a good wallet but if you're really smart then you should stick to those wallet that are proven and tested by a lot of people. Bitcoin is too precious so keep it safe all the time.

Thank you for your good advice!
Do you have sample links that would help me store some bitcoins?

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
kpcian

Activity: 826
Merit: 529

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 06:49:17 PM

for me, saving is the safest way to keep Bitcoin for the long term. in this term, you can use a wallet regarding keep saving your Bitcoin for the time being. but this wallet should be verified and credible, otherwise you may lose your whole asset through a blunder.
YTBitcoin

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 06:53:59 PM

There are two best ways to save bitcoins that works for me:

1. Online wallets: Xapo & Blockchain; both wallets has 2FA security.

2. Hardware Wallets, Trezor & Ledger Nano; both wallets are secure and unhackable but you have to keep them in a secure place too because if you lose them you lose your bitcoins.

The two methods that you have mentioned are undoubtedly   great but I personally will go for electrum. Up till now I have found electrum as the safest and easiest operating wallet available .majority goes for this wallet because of its user friendly nature. Online wallets are vulnerable to hacking so likewise traders I will love to keep bitcoins in offline mode.
pitiflin

Activity: 980
Merit: 507

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 07:01:27 PM

The answer doesn't change every time ,so as always you can opt for a cold storage or hardware wallet or multi sig wallet.These 3 are the safest and most popularly used by people who have earned in bitcoin. It would be even better if you don't keep all your money in a single wallet and keep in different wallets ,which would not only ensure the safety of your bitcoins;if your bitcoin gets lost from one wallet ,you won't lose your whole money also you would have your backup money to recover from your loss that you went through(that no one should ever have,but you never know) .

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
  B

▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄▄████████████▄▄
   ▄█████▀▀    ▀▀█████▄
  ████▀            ▀████
 ████                ████
▐███                  ███▌
███▌                  ▐███
▐███           ▄▄     ███▌
 ████         ▀███▄  ▐███
  ████▄         ▀███▄███
   ▀█████▄▄     ▄█████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀
T 
.Better. Quick..

.Transparent....

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
███████████████▀       ████
██████████████      ▄▄▄████
██████████████    ▐████████
██████████            ▐████
██████████            █████
▀█████████████    ▐███████▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
NickChandi

Activity: 20

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 11:19:53 AM

Brain is the safest wallet to keep bitcoins and Brain easy to use. Best for my Bitcoin.
yuni52

Activity: 203

🤖UBEX.COM 🤖

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 11:30:20 AM

Bitcoin is stored in an account called the Bitcoin Wallet (Bitcoin Wallet).
Every Bitcoin purse must have to secure your wallet is to backup your private key. When you create a Bitcoin wallet, different layers of security and different ways of securing.

JDacer

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 11:34:39 AM

COLD STORAGE! COLD STORAGE! COLD STORAGE! An offline wallet cannot be accessed and consequently hacked.

I agree that cold storage is the best way. For newbies, electrum could be the best option.
You can store your coins in cold storage and all you have to do is save the seed in a safe place.

not guarantee Cheesy because hacker is always watching you :p
calandra78
Copper Member

Activity: 840
Merit: 114

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 01:36:52 PM

Software wallet, the wallet.dat and other files backed up on USB, the textual info, like username and passphrases written into a text file, not saved and a smartphone takes a picture of that text file that is then deleted without ever saving the data.
I agree, but my opinion will it better if we also have a safety net in the form of hardware that has the private key as well. bitcoin wallet actually is also safe for its users as long as we have the key to every willing to open it. and we should also always check back or monitor our wallets as frequently as possible to anticipate the occurrence of unwanted things.
eann014

Activity: 1078
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 02:11:02 PM

Make more than one wallet I think and don't put your bitcoin in just one wallet. Atleast if someone hack your account you still save something.
This is also one of a good idea we can have multiple wallets, but of course we also need to memorize all of it or save every details of your wallets so that you will not lose your bitcoin once you forgot your password from another wallet.  Grin
NoNetwork

Activity: 392
Merit: 292

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 02:14:06 PM

I think saving it in a hardware wallet is more secure because you're the one who is handling the wallet and you're sure it won't go anywhere. Unlike with online wallets, you need to enter a safe password and you need to check it most of the time.
Well there will always be drawback in everything, I mean it sure does have the most security and all of that but the thing is what if somehow your PC got a very dangerous virus. Then all of you Bitcoin will vanish and will never be recovered. So at the end it is also beneficial to have an Online Wallet for mobility and versatility.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 66 »
  Print  

Jump to: