Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:40:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Safest way to keep bitcoins?  (Read 18351 times)
Lubang Bawah

Activity: 1358
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 06:05:00 PM

There is no guarantee 100% bitcoin that we keep safe, then the best way is we enable all security features and we divide bitcoin to some places.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
[
[
[
]
]
]
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
agentx44

Activity: 756
Merit: 268

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 06:20:30 PM

What is the safest way to keep bitcoins.

Taken dangers like hacking, losing in to account!
The safest way to to keep all of your bitcoin is to store them all in your wallets because it is very impossible that hackers would know your wallet accounts. Do you know ? This is the best thing about bitcoin that no hacker could steal your bitcoin that's it is really safe to store all of your bitcoins, but you should download only the safest wallet applications for you to avoid scams.
guanguan852

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 06:47:31 PM

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/How_to_set_up_a_secure_offline_savings_wallet
 Cheesy
futuret

Activity: 728
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 04:56:10 PM

paper wallet and paper wallet, go completely offline when you are generating / printing them
well you are right but the safest way for me to keep your bitcoin is to buy a hardware wallet 1-2 hardware wallet is best because you can diversify your money and all you need to keep the backup key with you it is a safe process I think after keeping your bitcoin in the hardware wallet you do not need to be worry about the security and the safety of your money
NoNetwork

Activity: 392
Merit: 292

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 12:27:09 PM

paper wallet and paper wallet, go completely offline when you are generating / printing them
well you are right but the safest way for me to keep your bitcoin is to buy a hardware wallet 1-2 hardware wallet is best because you can diversify your money and all you need to keep the backup key with you it is a safe process I think after keeping your bitcoin in the hardware wallet you do not need to be worry about the security and the safety of your money
Do we really need to buy hardware wallet? As far as I know you don't need to buy it. All you need is a storage for it, that could be your PC or something. We'll the key really is the most important, to access the wallet that is. But you also need to secure your system as well, we never know when will the virus will attack so you also need tight security for it.
Glorypaasa

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 12:40:40 PM

For me im just keeping my password on my notes, facebook ithink just is a one way to keep ur bitcoin safe  or if uwant  store in hardware wallets . always remember just keep it private dont scatter your password to anyone .
rakib97

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 12:54:19 PM

I think you need to secured all your bitcoin wallet that is the best thing you can do. Stored in a secret your seed or note it and get a 2FA for a safest way. My bitcoin stored in blockchain and xapo. I think they are secured.
yea 2Fa keep always your btc safe. but i suggest you use desktpo wallet that have private kee.  if you secret your private key. don't worry for hacking. so i tell you use dasktop wallet for safe.
Lancusters

Activity: 630
Merit: 263

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 12:58:26 PM

People like to complicate to themselves life. Why? For me the easiest way to store bitcoins is an online wallet with 2 factor authentication. You can always restore access and it is very difficult to crack. It seems to me that to store coins offline is more risky.
HardFireMiner

Activity: 872
Merit: 120

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 01:00:27 PM

Now, only old paper wallets (hardware) I think are 100% safe.
All the other solutions have a minor risk, <0.1%.

█  █  █  █    / / / / / / / /    Play Games, Earn Crypto!         █  █  █    \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \    Start Earning NOW by Playing Mind Improving Games!     █  █  █  █     \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \  Best Crypto Earning Games for Office Workers!       █  █  █  █  Free Withdrawals of BTC, Doge and ETH 
MFahad

Activity: 2464
Merit: 644

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2017, 01:45:21 PM

Yes, this insecurity is come in our mind that it is danger that suddenly we see our account has been hacked.
But i trust on bitcoin and people are using hardware wallets to save their bitcoins, I also advice for you, use it, it is best to save your bitcoin and save you bitcoins without fear.   

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Predator25

Activity: 354

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 04:56:23 PM

I think you need to secured all your bitcoin wallet that is the best thing you can do. Stored in a secret your seed or note it and get a 2FA for a safest way. My bitcoin stored in blockchain and xapo. I think they are secured.
yes. you need a secured wallet either it is a application in your mobile phone or a web wallet. you shoul also keep your passwords and dont use yoyr personal information as your oasswird because hackers can easily access it when you use it as your password.
Wintersoldier

Activity: 966
Merit: 274

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 05:02:28 PM

only a properly created cold storage or a trusted hardware wallet.
you can search for some hardware wallets if you are not tech savvy or don't want to bother learning how tos and if you are willing to pay. things such as Trezor or Ledger nano would work.

or you can learn more about cold storage and do it yourself easily. like creating a paper wallet with tools such as https://github.com/pointbiz/bitaddress.org or make a Trezor like cold storage on your USB disk yourself

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Cold_storage
I also think having a hardware wallet or what so called a tangible material like Trezor is the best choice or place to keep your bitcoin. It can have security and effective way of hold. But i do not consider it as mu only option in regards to my holding because i do keep bitcoin as a form of investments and trading. And when trading is a thing you must consider finding more easy to manage wallet just like application wallet and blockchain for easy access with the more widely used portion of your bitcoin.
rhomzkie26

Activity: 476

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 05:51:29 PM

The safest way to keep bitcoin is use Electrum wallet, because it has private key, password, and seed words where your the ony knows about those secret key. I had been using it for less than  2 years almost. Therefore, any hackers has no able to hack it due to its too safe.
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2017, 06:12:20 PM

As discussed and mentioned infinite times before this topic, the best way to hold our crypto investment is to keep it in the securely generated offline wallet.

Example: Downloading offline paper wallet generator from legal sources and then copying that generator in any PC (probably in old CPU) which will never go online again in the future or connect with any other device which directly or indirectly has internet connectivity. Then generating paper wallet from such computer and printing it (again the printer should not have access to the internet). This is the best way to generate secure and cheaper paper wallet (offline wallet) to store your Bitcoins or alt-coins. Make sure you are keeping your printed wallets in a safe place to avoid un-authorised access.
Mockroach

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 06:14:13 PM

Well the least convenient and most secure way to create your private key would be to flip a coin 256 times and record it as a 1 or 0 into a binary private key. You can read a complete tutorial on how to do it here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=944596.0
Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 06:17:10 PM

Well the least convenient and most secure way to create your private key would be to flip a coin 256 times and record it as a 1 or 0 into a binary private key. You can read a complete tutorial on how to do it here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=944596.0
That's an interesting project indeed! I never knew such thing existed.However,I don't think it's suitable for a newbie to follow.The methods are quite complicated even though it's listed out in steps.Pretty sure an amateur wouldn't ever reach the last step.
jamirrah

Activity: 169

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 06:55:48 PM

I think the safest way to keep bitcoin is putting them to a trusted btc wallet and secure all the private keys necessary. Also enable the 2fa feature of all your accounts connected to your wallet like emails. Lastly be careful signing in or logging in to any sites that you would need to provide your wallet keys as many phising sites are scattered all over the internet.

Coinmyjob

Activity: 448

MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 07:15:02 PM

I think the safest way to keep bitcoin is putting them to a trusted btc wallet and secure all the private keys necessary. Also enable the 2fa feature of all your accounts connected to your wallet like emails. Lastly be careful signing in or logging in to any sites that you would need to provide your wallet keys as many phising sites are scattered all over the internet.

Yes, now there are a lot of scammers who are trying to steal the bitcoins. But, if you follow all the rules, then your coins will be completely safe. Bitcoin wallets are very reliable

supercanada1

Activity: 798
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 11:25:39 AM

For me im just keeping my password on my notes, facebook ithink just is a one way to keep ur bitcoin safe  or if uwant  store in hardware wallets . always remember just keep it private dont scatter your password to anyone .
if you want to avoid hacking you need to save our bitcoin in a hardware wallet it will give you a security key that you need to keep save with you if you want you can use it anywhere and anytime there is no restrictions in it. Hardware wallets can give the security key Trion is one of the safe key and it will give profit if you will keep your bitcoin save for long time.
Vinaa77

Activity: 1344
Merit: 317

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 11:29:10 AM

Saving bitcoins in the wallet of the line is the safest way to store our assets. I am more complicated by storing btc in wallet offline and if want to sell must transfer from at must save btc at exchanger
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  

Jump to: