Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 12:05:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Safest way to keep bitcoins?  (Read 18351 times)
mikegosu

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 05:22:06 AM

What is the safest way to keep bitcoins.

Taken dangers like hacking, losing in to account!
I think the safiest is to hold your money to some wallet that all trader used to be. But if your money want more safer and secured go to all banks that is very famous to your country.
Beicin

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 05:38:27 AM

Just to chime in and give some extra feedback for anyone reading this thread in the future: Electrum is a pretty good and safe wallet, just remember to SAVE AND BACKUP your private key, that's the most important thing and without it you WILL lose your wallet and all your coins inside it.

Wicked17

Activity: 476
Merit: 107

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 05:39:03 AM

always put your private key of your wallet in a place where only you can access. As much as possible do also a 2FA authentication.
This is some kinds of wallet use by a newbie and advance user for keeping their bitcoin funds

Newbie/Noobs:
Coins.ph (in my country PH)
Coinbase

Advance:
Coinomi
Exodus
Hard wallets
Jaxx

mornabo

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 08:11:50 AM

offline wallet like mutilbit is a good choice for me. ez to save wallet dat. archive to rar file with password make hacker hard to crack it
Holding private key is better. Offline wallet can be hacked and password can be stolen and therefore, do not save your password digitally. Try to write down your password or the private key into the piece of people and save it in somewhere in your house. It is better and I can guarantee that the hackers can never figure out house to access your wallet
why it's too complicated ? I myself use online wallet and never experienced bitcoin theft, you just need to add Verification or authentication to log in your account, I added sms verify to get into my wallet, so even though I'm exposed to phishing, or hackers know my account password, they still will not be able to log in and steal my bitcoin because it needs code from sms verify to get in my account
jzale

Activity: 504
Merit: 105

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 02:20:53 PM

The safest way to keep bitcoins is to practice safety measures. Don't click any links from untrusted sites, but even trusted sites can be breached so be extra careful. Keep your informations to yourself only and don't ever believe on scams.
ocid

Activity: 588
Merit: 256

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 08:49:53 AM

select a local wallet that is clearly able to protect our privacy account and has proven its safety so many people are satisfied using the wallet. Business competition always offers their chipset users a proven new wallet but if most people do not feel the satisfaction of the wallet manager but people will be careful choosing to use it. I think the most appropriate wallet is using local web-based wallet, by utilizing the existing features we can access it from anywhere by connecting on the internet, but most of the key security factor of our privacy key is always awake.
ProGamerJojo

Activity: 196

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 08:52:14 AM

you have two option, one is to have a dedicated computer like a laptop to your bitcoin client, and this laptop would only run bitcoin and  nothing else, no browsing no anything

another one is simply to use a trezor or a usb stick and hold there your wallet.dat, in offlien mode, no hacking is possible in this way Wink
Ajan08

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 01:55:28 AM

Using by cold storage.Cold storage in the context of Bitcoin refers to keeping a reserve of Bitcoins offline. This is often a necessary security precaution, especially dealing with large amounts of Bitcoin.
For example, a Bitcoin exchange typically offers an instant withdrawal feature, and might be a steward over hundreds of thousands of Bitcoins. To minimize the possibility that an intruder could steal the entire reserve in a security breach, the operator of the website follows a best practice by keeping the majority of the reserve in cold storage, or in other words, not present on the web server or any other computer. The only amount kept on the server is the amount needed to cover anticipated withdrawals.
Potential problems with cold storage methods exist but can be mitigated.
Mr. Legendaris

Activity: 468
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 02:00:57 AM

I've been using paper wallet and never encountered any problems, I think with paper wallet is the best place to keep bitcoin after offline wallet, besides paper wallet I also use online wallet from blockchain.info.

█ █ █ █ █
         ██           ██
       ██     █ █ █ █   ██
     ██    ██        ██
   ██   ██               
  ██   ██     ████████                  ██████████
            ███          ██   █████████     ██      ██████  ██   ███████  ██    ███   ███████
 ██   ██    ███              ██      ███    ██      ██          ███       ██   ███  ██
 ██   ██    ███  ██████  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ███   ██
            ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██████     ███████
 ██   ██    ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ██           ██
             ██      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██   ███         ██
 ██   ██      ███████    ██   █████████     ██      ██      ██   ███████  ██    ███  ███████
  ██   ██                           ███
   ██    ██          ██            ███
     ██    ██ █ █ █ █   ██
       ██             ██
          █ █ █ █ █ █

Telegram     Facebook     Twitter     Medium
-
WEBSITEE |█| WHITEPAPER

micle222

Activity: 784
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 02:24:52 AM

offline wallet like mutilbit is a good choice for me. ez to save wallet dat. archive to rar file with password make hacker hard to crack it
I have not used an offline wallet before. if the wallet.dat file is lost will I also lose all my Bitcoin? or can still be in recovery?
In my opinion, there is no safest way to store Bitcoin.
Xervo

Activity: 170

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 07:58:47 AM

The safest way to save bitcoin is to choose the safest purse. I use cold wallets, which can be downloaded to a computer. There are also wallets in the form of flash drives that do not work without connecting to the network. It is very convenient and, most importantly, it is safe.
The Monkey King

Activity: 284

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 08:02:58 AM

The safest way to keep all your bitcoin is to choose the safest purse or coin wallet. I am using a coins.ph type of wallet which can be downloaded to a computer or in a phone. There are also wallets in the form of flash drives, it does not work without connecting to an internet connection. It is very convenient for people to use and is also very safe.
nill55

Activity: 11

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 08:15:54 AM

Keep your all wallet secure. Carefully save your private key,make a secret wallet which you will not use everywhere. That's enough. It's my opinion.
Scorpion

Activity: 887
Merit: 516

Bitcoin OG

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 08:58:54 AM

Have your own personal wallets, backed up, copied, physical, paper and lamented forms. If you choose to have it on a USB or HDD keep a backup at another relatives house that you have encrypted or maybe at safe deposit box.

btcap

Activity: 8

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 09:12:19 AM

In my opinion the idea should be similar to keeping usual money - it's not a good idea to have all your money in one place.
So I find it better to have bitcoins backed up on a physical media device and have some crypto money on several online wallets for daily transactions.
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 11:32:22 AM

Have your own personal wallets, backed up, copied, physical, paper and lamented forms. If you choose to have it on a USB or HDD keep a backup at another relatives house that you have encrypted or maybe at safe deposit box.
That is right, we should have back ups in any wallet that we will create because that is the most important thing aside from putting a strong password and doing the recommended security configuration. Back ups will play a big role if you will lose the access to your personal wallet and because of the back ups you will not worry for the worst case scenarios anymore.
kucritt

Activity: 616

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 11:42:46 AM

the safest way to safe your bitcoin is in your computer, use offline wallet like bitcoin core and tit will be safer than online wallet, if you want to safer again you can buy rashpberry pi for you wallet, just for your wallet its simple to use and carry

gingerxlady

Activity: 32

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 11:43:47 AM

Always keep your coins inside your own wallet.
I keep all BTC that I buy from Paxful to my Trezor wallet.
faceoff97

Activity: 644
Merit: 113

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 11:44:06 AM

In my country, there is a trusted local app that serves as a bitcoin wallet. This wallet is used by majority of my country people, so far there was no issues attached with this bitcoin wallet. It is considered as the safest way of storing bitcoin, to keep this account being stole, user must just keep his password secure and hidden from anyone. In addition, the bitcoin wallet we are using is not just a mean of storing bitcoin but also provide us available transaction that accepts bitcoin. The wallet provides all the institutions and activities where bitcoin is accepted. I recommend you to check out the available local wallet in your country. It might serve you ease, security and comfort
Napole0n

Activity: 579
Merit: 309

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 12:08:18 PM

Depending on the wallet we use, many people recommend offline wallet, it is very safe but it takes some special skills because it is more complicated, if we use web wallet I think is enough because there are features vault and 2FA.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  

Jump to: