Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 06:47:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Safest way to keep bitcoins?  (Read 18356 times)
Fasdartin

Activity: 618
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 12:29:12 PM

What is the safest way to keep bitcoins.

Taken dangers like hacking, losing in to account!
i think to much about that. because it's dont safe if you keep your bitcoins in the online wallet because there's some hacker that greed to steal your bitcoin and other site or malware that pretend to be online wallet. and it's to risky if you forgot your password on you pocket money and you'll not to retrieve. i thinks the bes way to keep bitcoin is an offline wallet or they called "COLD STORAGE" it is refer to keep your bitcoins in offline. this have an security precaution especially for the large amount of bitcoin.
johnsm79

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

trade.io - Join the Trading Revolution

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2017, 12:31:51 PM

I have setup mine using a paper wallet.

When I will require to use the wallet, I will have to use it online. But to prepare it and everything, this can be done offline, and its even better if the computer never got online to start with.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
  TRADE.IO       ║     WHITEPAPER  •  ANN THREAD  •  TELEGRAM     ║     JOIN THE TRADING REVOLUTION
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
DIW

Activity: 476
Merit: 131

DIWtoken.com

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 01:41:14 PM

Experience dictates that the best way to safe-keep bitcoin is of course Cold-Storage.
Extreme caution should be exercised whilst accessing your cold-stored bitcoin - it is best to do so via a new machine that's uncompromised and only if its highly necessary to do so.
A Hardware Wallet is also highly recommended and everyone should seriously consider acquiring one.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DIW ◈    DIWtoken.com    ▐   WHITEPAPERANN THREADTELEGRAM   ▌    SECURITY DECENTRALIZED
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
nuela

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

Blocklancer - Freelance on the Blockchain

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 01:50:16 PM

the most important thing is to secure wallet purse, I save my bitcoin in blockchain and xapo it's safest in my opinion.

mukeymon

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 02:45:24 PM

only a properly created cold storage or a trusted hardware wallet.
you can search for some hardware wallets if you are not tech savvy or don't want to bother learning how tos and if you are willing to pay. things such as Trezor or Ledger nano would work.

or you can learn more about cold storage and do it yourself easily. like creating a paper wallet with tools such as https://github.com/pointbiz/bitaddress.org or make a Trezor like cold storage on your USB disk yourself

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Cold_storage
I think blockchain , because BTC stored in a secret your seed or note it and get a 2FA for a safest way
qwertyup23

Activity: 2268
Merit: 788

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 02:55:29 PM

Fortunately, my country contains a commonly-used wallet among all Filipinos and is trusted by everyone who has knowledge about bitcoin. If your country does not have any, then saving your bitcoins to a hardware or to the blockchain like everyone suggested. Be reminded that since almost all of our wallets are on the internet, it may be subject to hacking and scamming. It is always better to have at least 2-3 wallets and spreading all resources in order to reduce the risk of losing all.
rajuahmed330

Activity: 450

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 03:19:23 PM

Yes. now hackers are very active. so this, many people lost their bitcoin.Their bitcoin is hackecd. Most probably reason many other use their bitcoin stock as a wallet which has without private key.
So, need a wallet which have private key.

Be hardworker
Jafri101

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 01:54:28 AM

There are many wallets that offers you vault inside their app and also if your app is 2FA enabled then the chances of hack becomes less and inside wallet you can have vault like xappo wallet have. Its like the safest in case of using just wallets.
brascopck

Activity: 392

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 01:57:15 AM

You can simple keep and stored your bitcoins on web bitcoin wallet like blockchain.info. Blockchain is completely safe based in my experience, 4 years I use this blockchain wallet and don't have any problem with it. Don't stored your coins on exchanges site, it is dangerous.
hypersonic1

Activity: 311
Merit: 109

Endless Horizons!

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 02:19:20 AM

Hold them off line in some kind of "cold" wallet. This could mean loading a wallet onto a flash drive. This could mean making a paper wallet. This could also mean buying one of the super nice hardware wallets.

kalawang

Activity: 350

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 02:35:13 AM

I think you need to secured all your bitcoin wallet that is the best thing you can do. Stored in a secret your seed or note it and get a 2FA for a safest way. My bitcoin stored in blockchain and xapo. I think they are secured.

I agree with you, 2fa security is the most powerful way to keep and secure our bitcoin pieces, because by using 2fa only 2fa code holders can open and conduct transactions in our wallet, 2fa is a high level security that is not in doubt its security
This is nice question because i want to know all about that becuase there are many hackers now a days , but i have a question  what is 2fa? I always hear that  becuase for now my only way for keeping my bitcoin is saving in offline wallet but for now im earning and i hope someday i'll get a alot i hope this topic can give me a lot of information someday.
The Monkey King

Activity: 284

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 02:45:11 AM

As for me, the safest way to keep all your bitcoins and earnings is to choose the safest purse or coin wallet. As of now, I am using a coins.ph type of wallet. It can easily be downloaded to a computer or in a cellular phone. There are also some wallets in a form of flash drives. You can easily use it through an internet connection. It is very convenient ad safe to use.
giveen

Activity: 826
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 06:35:36 AM

If you wanna store it online then there is no solution as it is online no matter how secure it is hackers still find a security error or any error which allows them to get your coins. According to me most trusted online wallet would be xapo. Or else download electrum or the official btc to have control over your funds.
If you still feel your computer might be vulnerable just buy a offline wallet like trezor or ledger they are the most safest one.
sotoshihero

Activity: 850
Merit: 504

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 06:38:45 AM

As for me, the safest way to keep all your bitcoins and earnings is to choose the safest purse or coin wallet. As of now, I am using a coins.ph type of wallet. It can easily be downloaded to a computer or in a cellular phone. There are also some wallets in a form of flash drives. You can easily use it through an internet connection. It is very convenient ad safe to use.

Coins.ph is an online multi wallet, and not so much safe since you are not holding your private keys. The safest as of now is having your private keys with you and put in a safest place. hacking incidents are common, so be careful in opening any suspicious links.
willmunte

Activity: 87

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 06:55:23 AM

The safest way to keep your Bitcoin?
Use a Ledger Nano purse, which can keep Bitcoins and other Altcoin safe
Then put them in the safe or buried deep underground as a treasure
Cryptolive

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 07:02:20 AM

The safest way is a paper wallet and a cold storage. You will lose your coins if you give some one your private key and wallet address. Think if you have saved them in a cold storage or paper wallet and kept in a secret place then nobody knows it.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▽  TRADE.IO  ▽     ║     WHITEPAPER  •  ANN THREAD  •  TELEGRAM     ║     JOIN THE TRADING REVOLUTION
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
BILGPS

Activity: 378

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 07:07:56 AM

I am new to it I am not that much knowing person I need guidance for this that how can we secure bitcoin unlike credit cards if hacker hacks your card your money will steal by some one else. Always keep your bitcoin in your own personal wallet.

Red Fish

Activity: 435
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 07:19:52 AM

Answer is simple - only cold storage. One of best cold storage is Trezor - https://trezor.io/. Trezor is simple, robust hardware and you can store not only Bitcoins, but also Litecoin, ETH, Dash, ETH Classic and Zcash. Plus Trezor also have 2 Factor authentication & various additional functions.
PETES

Activity: 456

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 07:27:18 AM

For me the safest and more secured wallet is ledger nano and trezor.
These wallets are hardware wallet so only you have the access to this.
It's quite pricey but you know that your coins are safe and sleeping soundly.
Jessy Mediola

Activity: 340

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 11:52:37 AM

So if i put the Ledger in my computer and with the wallet on my pc i sent it to the wallet on the Ledger usb then they the coins are gone from my computer and stored on the usb?

the coin or bitcoin is not a physical thing like fiat to transfer from one place to another.
a bitcoin wallet is a place to keep they keys. these keys are used to spend bitcoin, bitcoin which exists in form of transaction outputs stored on the blockchain and blockchain is held by every person around the world who is running a full node client.

so in short you keep the keys on Ledger or paper wallet, etc and then use that key for spending which is known as creating a transaction and signing it.

(i hope i didn't make it more confusing)
My safest way to keep my bitcoin is to keep my password private to others and to keep it in my wallet. And putting some codes in my wallet.

DRIFE      Pre-sale: December 2018
████ BNEXGEN DECENTRALIZED RIDE HAILING PLATFORM ████
  ●●● Facebook ●● Twitter ●● Telegram ●● BTC ●● Whitepaper ●●● 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  

Jump to: