Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 12:03:05 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Safest way to keep bitcoins?  (Read 18356 times)
zombie6

Activity: 438
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 11:00:32 PM

The safest way is to store it on a cold offline wallet, flash drive or computer without access to the Internet! if bitcoins much then I advise you to put in a cell in the bank! One of these wallets Ledger Nano S https://www.ledgerwallet.com/products/ledger-nano-s is very easy to use and as safe as possible!
panganib999

Activity: 1736
Merit: 589

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2017, 11:04:14 PM

I think you need to secured all your bitcoin wallet that is the best thing you can do. Stored in a secret your seed or note it and get a 2FA for a safest way. My bitcoin stored in blockchain and xapo. I think they are secured.
Securing all of our funds on a specific wallet is always a must for us bitcoin users, but for me if we really want to have a better form of transaction or investment with our bitcoin it could better if we would have a management within our funds so we could have saving , investments or  trading that could give as more profit in the future.
jikurpa

Activity: 665

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 11:05:50 PM

What is the safest way to keep bitcoins.

Taken dangers like hacking, losing in to account!
it is difficult because in my country there is no law that regulate the protection of my bitcoin account so for that I must be able to manage to secure my account is to reset his password every week
aimata27

Activity: 531
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2017, 02:44:11 PM

To avoid some brutefore attacks from the hackers, you might try providing a long complex passwords with a combination of alphanumeric with some upercase/lowercase, numeric and even special characters on your password.
hangar18

Activity: 676
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 11:15:35 PM

The safest way is to store it on a cold offline wallet, flash drive or computer without access to the Internet! if bitcoins much then I advise you to put in a cell in the bank! One of these wallets Ledger Nano S https://www.ledgerwallet.com/products/ledger-nano-s is very easy to use and as safe as possible!
This is the common way to keep safe our Bitcoin. But for me, I only need to put my Bitcoin in some address, then I keep my private key in paper and text file in a drive without any virus. Of course, I turned off internet and guarantee this drive always safe with my paper has my private key. Wink
Edrian

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 01:39:08 AM

I think the safest way is bitcoin paper wallet or just put a long password in your regular wallet change also your wallet and email password monthly.
Some people use multiple wallets if they have a large amount of bitcoin in their possession. Don't trust some websites that are offering you a bitcoin if you are not sure if it is legit or not to keep safe from scam and hacking.
galestorm

Activity: 448
Merit: 251

Futurov

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 01:47:10 AM

Through wallets and legit websites that store bitcoins. As long as you dont share any information about your wallet except its address of course.. because you really need to submit that to the campaign that you would like to participate in.  Just be careful about scam projects, faulty wallets and the like. You should also consider logging out if you're using a public computer.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▀████▀▄
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▄▀▀▄▀
█████████████████████████  ███                    ███  ████████████████████████  ███                    ███  ███████████████████████▄    ▄▄████████████████████▄▄  ▀███▄                 ▄███▀
                           ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███                       ▀███  ███▀▀                ▀▀███   ▀███▄             ▄███▀
                           ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███                       ▄███  ███    ▄██████████▄    ███     ▀███▄         ▄███▀
█████████████████████████  ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███  ███████████████████████▀   ███    ██        ██    ███       ▀███▄     ▄███▀
███                        ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███  ███               ▀███▄    ███    ▀██████████▀    ███         ▀███▄ ▄███▀
███                        ███▄▄                ▄▄███            ███             ███▄▄                ▄▄███  ███                 ▀███▄  ███▄▄                ▄▄███           ▀█████▀
███                         ▀▀████████████████████▀▀             ███              ▀▀████████████████████▀▀   ███                   ▀███▄ ▀▀████████████████████▀▀              ▀█▀

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    F U T U R O V . C O M    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▀▄▀████▀▄▀
▀▄▄▀
▄▄████████████████████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████████████████████▄
▄████▀                              ▀████▄
█████      ▄██████████████████▄      █████
█████     ███▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▀███     █████
█████     ███   ▐▌      ▐▌   ███     █████
█████     ███▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄███     █████
█████      ▀██████████████████▀      █████
▀████▄                              ▄████▀
▀██████████████████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀
Website
Telegram Group
Telegram Channel
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube
TikTok
Github
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
vhiancs

Activity: 238
Merit: 15

--=oOo=--

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 01:54:19 AM

You can use a hardware wallet "LEDGER" to protect your bitcoin from hacking and losing in to account. you can also use a blockchain so your bitcoin will be safe on the blockchain wallet because it has a private key.
catsgirls

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 08:03:34 AM

I think it is most important to increase the number of bit coins without seeing the price increase of the bitcoin.
redapplelight

Activity: 6

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 08:04:26 AM

Like a bank, bitcoin is the most important security. Be careful because you can lose your bit coin in one mistake.
RockBar0

Activity: 350

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 08:06:58 AM

bitcoin can not be stored. that is the truth. Your account information is being held by millions of people. So there will be no safes or bitcoin rooms. You just do not trade them. and they will stay in your electronic wallet
777Jolami

Activity: 700
Merit: 14

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 08:09:36 AM

You may have misunderstood bitcoin with gold. You can store gold in the safe, in the cabinet. And no one knows how much gold you have, bitcoin is the difference. They are supervised by thousands of people all over the world, you should leave your bicoin in your cold wallet
wjchong

Activity: 98

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2017, 08:27:20 AM

If you are using web wallet, make your password hard and also have more security like 2FA. If you are using cold wallet, don't download and click on something suspicious because it might contain a virus and also always clean your pc to prevent virus or something bad that can hack your wallet.
I agree.
Make a strong password, and also more security like 2FA give a secure shield to your wallet.

BTC BTC MY SAFE HOUSE :- A home that can protect your wealth and life of your families during disaster. BTC
rameshEl

Activity: 118
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 08:28:58 AM

As in my opinion, if you are investing in bigger amount, it's better to have hardware wallets. But then again you should keep it in a secure way. For example I saw an article saying one guy lost 17,000 BTC with his wallet (not sure scam or not). Thing is, no matter hardware wallet or software wallet, there's a risk always.

Bandon

Activity: 56

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 11:08:53 AM

I’d recommend a hardware wallet or cold storage, hardware wallet generally being the easier of the two for someone not experienced in holding cryptocurrency. I use the Nano Ledger S which is easy to use and high quality but there are good alternatives out there.
Other options are using a hosted wallet (leaving your crypto on the built in exchange wallet normally) or a software wallet. I’d avoid both if you have enough bitcoin to care about losing it.
crypto4lambo

Activity: 210

Large scale, green crypto mining ICO

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 11:43:54 AM

I think the safest way to store your Bitcoin is through hardware wallet. Many were not aware of how useful this small thing can give huge return in terms of security. Investing in something like this is like having a vault that only you and some other who know you key (if there are some). Having Bitcoin secured can give you so much confidence lurking out in the internet. Just apiece of advice, don't give any information about you keys, wallets or anything that is related to your storage. Many were trying to hack and scam Bitcoins that is why it is a must to have something like that. It is always better to be safe than sorry.

Trela
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1001

The Decentralized TCP/IP Internet Protocol

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 03:32:34 PM

As in my opinion, if you are investing in bigger amount, it's better to have hardware wallets. But then again you should keep it in a secure way. For example I saw an article saying one guy lost 17,000 BTC with his wallet (not sure scam or not). Thing is, no matter hardware wallet or software wallet, there's a risk always.
About the rumor as someone lost more than 10,000 BTC is really, but you have to know those people stored Bitcoin in hard drive and did not backup it after changed computer. Hardware wallet are also a digital technology, it created by us and someday, it can be broken, that is the reason you should have more ways to keep safe your private key instead of research the way to save your Bitcoin.

██
           ████ ▄▄▄
          ██  ▄██▄█
         ██ ▄█▀██
        ██▄█▀   ██
       ███▀      ██
     ▄██         ██
   ▄█
██            ██
█▀████    ▄▄▄      ███
▀▀▀██     █▄█▄     ████
  ██        ▀▀██▄▄  ████
 ███████████████▀▀███████
                   █▄█
Protect Your Privacy With Decentralized Internet Protocol
50 Million
Global Users
!     ▐█████▄
     ███████▌
    ▐███████
 ███
████████████▄▄▄
▐██
█████████████████▄
███
██████████████████
 ▀
████████▀▀▀████████
 ▐███████    ████████
 ████████    ███████▀
█████████▄▄████████▀
██████████████████▀
 ██████████████▀▀
  ▀▀███████▀▀▀
LISTED ON               
bithum &
bithum Global
tittensor

Activity: 443

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 07:03:52 PM

If you are using web wallet, make your password hard and also have more security like 2FA. If you are using cold wallet, don't download and click on something suspicious because it might contain a virus and also always clean your pc to prevent virus or something bad that can hack your wallet.
I agree.
Make a strong password, and also more security like 2FA give a secure shield to your wallet.
2FA is the final way to keep safe your online wallet, but remember, you must to keep safe your device are storing your 2FA key. Just lose them, you will be never have chance to access your wallet again Cheesy. I have a friend lost his smartphone and he also did not keep backup secret key to restore 2FA. Finally, he lost all money on Bittrex exchange and Coinbase.
anthinguy21

Activity: 280
Merit: 101

OPEN GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 07:12:50 PM

I think the safest way to keep Bitcoin is using cold storage Bitcoin wallet like Trezor and Ledger nano s. With other kind of Bitcon wallet, hacker can easily hack your Bitcoin when they got your wallet private key or wallet account. But with cold storage wallet, it's totally impossible for hacker to hack your Bitcoin in there cause nobody can access to your wallet when you don't connect the wallet USB stick to your computer, beside when you want to send your Bitcoin to other people wallet, you need to click the button on the wallet USB stick to confirm so nobody can hack your Bitcoin in this kind of Bitcoin wallet Cheesy

Dakshkapoor

Activity: 294

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2017, 09:08:06 PM

A ccording to  e the safest way to keep the BITCOINS is through hardware wallet. It is the matter of security and no one would take chance to loose their Bitcoins.Investing the huge amount on BITCOINS and then there is a hacking of wallet will make you result in the depression. So just take the precautions first regarding the security of BITCOINS and be confident and secure. Don't give any information about your keys, wallets or anything that is related to your  BITCOIN wallet. There are many who are trying to hack the BITCOINS.

INTERNATIONAL TRADING PLATFORM ►One-click Export
     EXPORT ONLINE     
ANN  Whitepaper    Telegram    Facebook    Steemit    YouTube    Twitter    Medium
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  

Jump to: