Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 02:46:56 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Safest way to keep bitcoins?  (Read 18356 times)
Andri.Ghani

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 06:14:53 PM

I think blockchain is the safest way to store bitcoin and ETH now if you save your private key and password. I use blockchain for bitcoin hold.
strongly agree that until now I still use blockchain as ETH and Bitcoin storage wallet that I have and I think until now safe safe.
Queen077

Activity: 294
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 06:44:38 PM

I think pc wallets and hardware wallets are safe dot keeping Bitcoin. But I never try it, im still using Online wallet  with 2FA to keep Bitcoin safe
rgarciavega

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 06:51:13 PM

The best thing is a hardware wallet. I have one more than a year ago for my bitcoin and I never had any kind of problems. It is worth investing in one if you plan to have crypto for a long time.
HalfDeck

Activity: 223
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 04:38:52 PM

What is the safest way to keep bitcoins.

Taken dangers like hacking, losing in to account!

Cold storage is the best way to keep your bitcoin on your computer or put it on your USB which is also an option but still nowadays hackers can do anything now and its not hard for them to hack also your personal computer to be always careful that you protect your computer with hacks and bugs that can potentially lose your bitcoin. Make sure that your computer is secured and don't go on websites that are prone to hacks or download files that are new to you be always careful about where you put your bitcoin.
I agree with you this is the best way to keep Bitcoin and I always use Ledger Wallet because it gives me a sense of security when used and Ledger Wallet has a lot of different security features and it is difficult to they were attacked because they had a very good development team to deal with the whole issue
Really? Do you think Ledger Wallet is safest to store your coin? I do not think so, even I never had this idea. Why? Because it is against the privacy of cryptocurrency. Someone gives you a hardware to store crypto and you think it is safe without any doubt, haha Roll Eyes. Only Core Wallet, it is safest and the best choice for real user!
AriannaSantosUU

Activity: 256
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 07:31:32 PM

Well it depends, if you are a good keeper, i think cold storage is ok or the usb. If you want hassle free, you can try the online wallet.
mayidid

Activity: 210
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 09:49:48 PM

You can choose any wallet you want to store bitcoin, online wallet or offline wallet you can use. If you want to use online wallet you should complete by using google authenticator connected to your mobile phone. I think that's enough to secure your wallet. But I heard from various sources from this forum they save bitcoin on offline wallet because it is more secure. I myself do not use offline wallet because if we are in a place and we need bitcoin, you need your computer. I prefer with online wallet because it can be taken anywhere
laravuemaster

Activity: 378

When Football meets Crypto

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 10:13:36 PM

Cryptocurrency has different ways of saving depending on the coin you are holding and not every websites or wallets that will hold your coin has the best security, the best thing to do before investing is try to research informations about the current site or wallet that will be holding your coin if their security is good and also ask and read professional traders thoughts about the current wallet you are interested.

hgsteknoloji

Activity: 196
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 02:00:45 PM

Hello, everyone!

It's just a friendly suggestion, check out our highly secure Guarda Bitcoin Wallet for Android: https://goo.gl/mDpw5q.

With Guarda app, you stay in full control of your private key and funds. You may be sure that you are the only person, who is able to manage your assets. As a light wallet app, we do not store user's private keys and do not have access to the wallet.

Let us know what you think, we'll highly appreciate any feedback! Check more info on our official web: https://goo.gl/HD5qTS!

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
cuplisbird

Activity: 53

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 02:13:56 PM

Keep your bitcoin in a trusted wallet. Do not share your private key with others. In my case, I use a mobile-based purse called coins.ph. I feel comfortable to use it and I can instantly convert my bitcoin into direct money. It is trusted in my country and I can withdraw money from any bank I want.
blue_dragon

Activity: 251

Powered by Artificial Intelligence & Human Experts

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 02:22:23 PM

Just like what the others said. Your password and your private key must not share with others. Pick a trusted wallet, such as etherwallet and the one I usually used is thr Coins.ph, this help me to convert bitcoin to peso and I usually use it to pay my bills.

LigwagGanern

Activity: 307
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 02:32:21 PM

The safest way to keep bitcoins is to keep it in an online wallet. There is so many bitcoin wallet but make sure that your wallet is legit. My friend who have bitcoin, he used an online bitcoin wallet to keep his bitcoin. He can withdraw it in a bank or atm that is applicable to his wallet. And make sure that you are the who knew the password of your bitcoin wallet.
mitchel_am

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 02:34:38 PM

I think is almost impossible for hackers to get at your bitcoins, right? Those passwords and keys are hard to be found
popoypalaboy03

Activity: 154

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 02:37:44 PM

you can store your bits in electrum wallet for ease of use. it is believed to be a very secured type of wallet. you can also keep your bits in hardware wallet and keep it at a safe place so that it wont break. but personally, i think that some hardware wallets are expensive, so if your computer is free from malwares then you can store your bits in electrum wallet without any fear of loosing your coins unless you dont download any virus in your pc in the future. just my 2 cents!
rxthree

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 02:47:58 PM

Hardware wallet will be one of the best way to store your bitcoins. Though it will be costing you some bucks but it is secured if you'll buy your very own hardware wallet. Another good choice is to use bitcoin core or electrum.
AltcoinAuthority

Activity: 616
Merit: 251

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 11:51:37 PM

Well it depends, if you are a good keeper, i think cold storage is ok or the usb. If you want hassle free, you can try the online wallet.
Hassle free is not going to be on an online wallet, the holder will have to worry that their wallet can get hacked.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Fixart96

Activity: 252

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 12:51:54 AM

The safest way to store bitcoins is to use a hardware wallet like ledger and trezor. With a hardware wallet, you will always need this hardware to access your bitcoin so that it is more secure, and you must provide a physical approval to make the transaction. increase security because if there is a hacker who attacks your computer, the hacker will not be able to physically press the key in your hardware to provide transaction approval.
valentine401

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 12:56:39 AM

Everyone has the different opinions on the coin they are holding and there are also different ways to keep your coins safely but for me, i prefer to hold my coins using an online wallet because i did not get any problem on it and most of the professional traders prefer to use it.
S4nj1

Activity: 9

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 12:58:30 AM

For me, safest to store your bitcoin on the stock exchange and ask for your profile to be confirmed by two factors. I think it will reduce hacking instances because of the two security authentication factors. Cool
Rabblerah112

Activity: 69
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 01:07:13 AM

Actually, Palm Beach Confidential just put out a warning that the Ledger Nano S can be compromised in some situations.  I believe it had to do with hackers being able to switch the outbound address on you because its manually hidden until you click on the monitor icon.

Anyway im sure the Nano S works fine otherwise.  Personally I use a Trezor and I couldnt be happier!  Super secure.  Easy to use.

@charteroakpublic - Telegram channel with leaks from premium sources like Palm Beach Confidential.  Join us!  Also at:  t.me/charteroakpublic
nightmanisrightman

Activity: 252
Merit: 101

Global Risk Exchange - gref.io

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 01:31:11 AM

I used to consider hardware wallet the best but those can get stolen plus people know what to look for in that spot. But if you have a paper wallet, I think that piece of paper is a not as big a target which means higher security for me.

▐▐ █     GRE   ≣   GLOBAL RISK EXCHANGE     █ ▌▌
━━  ((     Whitepaper     |     ANN Thread     ))  ━━
Telegram       Medium       Facebook       Twitter       Github
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  

Jump to: