Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 04:40:41 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Safest way to keep bitcoins?  (Read 18357 times)
maxman190

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 07:51:41 PM

The safest way ever is set up an offline computer with linux, install a wallet downloaded on another pc and make a new address while being offline. Send your coins from all your wallets/addresses to that offline wallet, create a backup copy and store them on a USB drive and boom! You've got yourself a perfectly safe offline storage with a backup in case the computer got damaged or stolen.
missyqt29

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 08:11:32 PM

What is the safest way to keep bitcoins.

Taken dangers like hacking, losing in to account!

Aside from using cold storages like the ledger, you can secure your accounts by fortifying your computer properly. Use full versions of security programs even though you need to pay for it. And also, beware to any unfamiluar links that you visits especially those are found in any crypto community because some them are fishing sites and could expose you.
bitcoinbot

Activity: 357
Merit: 130

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 08:40:33 PM

I think by storing in some kind of wallet it will make bitcoin safer than putting on one wallet, many people store in offline wallet so almost every day he must check and backup, of course this is inconvenient because it will waste time, I suggest to keeep in web wallet such as blockchain or xapo because according to my experience more than 2 years all does not matter.
AltCoinBuddah

Activity: 161
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 08:44:01 PM

Saving bitcoins in the wallet of the line is the safest way to store our assets. I am more complicated by storing btc in wallet offline and if want to sell must transfer from at must save btc at exchanger
quetoi2505

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 08:06:18 AM

To keep a purse on the separate device that can be disconnected from the Internet and use this device only for the purse is better for btc. In this case the probability of hacking and loss of private keys will be minimal.
RKSummer

Activity: 337

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 08:12:51 AM

So if i put the Ledger in my computer and with the wallet on my pc i sent it to the wallet on the Ledger usb then they the coins are gone from my computer and stored on the usb?

The safest way to keep bitcoin that I know is storing it in MyEtherWallet. Just don't lose your private key and don't let anyone have an access to it.

❑  GOLDMA ❑     Facebook ✰  TwitterTelegramWhitepaper    ❑  GOLDMA ❑
  ICO JULY12th,2018    ..Gold Mining Asset (GMA) Digitizing Gold Assets..  END OCT12th,2018

██████████████████ Crypto-Based Gold Royalty Token █████████████████
airdrop.bounty

Activity: 71

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 08:20:36 AM

Don't let anyone know your private key, always set 2fa code or two factor authentication in that way hackers cannot easily get any information, Do not connect your devices in public place, Do not click any suspicious link. Those are things that I always remember to do to keep my account secure.
Coinnosaurus

Activity: 643
Merit: 264

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 02:52:58 PM

A brain wallet is when the only record of a wallet’s private keys is in your memory. The most secure way is to create the private key and then invent a mnemonic which will help you to remember it. An easier way is to think up a memorable passphrase and then generate a private key from it using a brainwallet generator
main320

Activity: 252

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 03:03:41 PM

This relies upon the measure of bitcoin we have, in the event that we have a bitcoin in substantial amount then I recommend to utilize the disconnected wallet or paper wallet. also, until further notice I just utilize web wallets from Xapo and Blockchain on the grounds that I'm new to bitcoin and don't have much bitcoin yet.
Coinnosaurus

Activity: 643
Merit: 264

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 03:09:44 PM

I prefer a paper wallet. It's simply a way off storing the public and private keys after you have created an offline wallet. If you create your wallet offline, and leave it offline, you can still access it from another computer by importing the private keys into wallet software and "sweeping" the address
lucian999

Activity: 144

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 03:13:21 PM

There are many ways we can store our bitcoins and to avoid scammers avoid sharing information about your bitcoins so you can avoid cheating.
kyle999

Activity: 475
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 03:20:02 PM

To keep your bitcoin you need to avoid wasting information about your bitcoin so you can also avoid scammers.
SummerBliss

Activity: 910
Merit: 254

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 03:29:23 PM

Since there are tons of hackers out there who are constantly looking out for an opportunity to hack your account and take away your bitcoins, so the safest way out there to keep bitcoins is to take print outs of the private keys and store them in your locker. You can buy a good locker easily for around 50-100$ and it is highly advisable to keep your print out in that. Everything lies with your private keys and if you end up losing that then you would be left with absolutely nothing. Ensure that there is no trace of your private key on your computer.
clex_us

Activity: 336

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 03:31:50 PM

i think the safest way to store your bitcoin is on exchanges and have your profile to be authenticated by two factors. i think that would lessen the instance of hacking because it is two factor authentication.
Aderiho Bitjones

Activity: 256
Merit: 105

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 03:49:57 PM

Probably the best way to store bitcoin on a hardware wallet. Since only you have access to your computer. Plus, improved user authentication will not allow you to crack your wallet. But personally, I do not have a hardware wallet, because I do not have many bitcoins. Therefore basically I use online purses with access to the account through the phone number
danggoron

Activity: 560
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 03:54:08 PM

Probably the best way to store bitcoin on a hardware wallet. Since only you have access to your computer. Plus, improved user authentication will not allow you to crack your wallet. But personally, I do not have a hardware wallet, because I do not have many bitcoins. Therefore basically I use online purses with access to the account through the phone number
Hardware wallet is very safe, such as trezor, ledger, etc. The price is quite expensive, so if it does not have too many cryptocurrency assets, then simply use an online wallet with double security as you described above. That's safe enough.

van jones2594

Activity: 115

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 03:07:33 AM

Probably putting it on a secured hardware wallet will be of a great help. As for me, i strive to keep it private from anyone and i am also careful on whatever transaction i am into. I do not let anything suspicious be a interference to my bitcoin world.
luis dvmd94

Activity: 42

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 03:08:45 AM

There are many system to safest way to keep bitcoins . If you use blockchain wallet that is a very safest for keep a bitcoin but you must turn on 2Fa verification . When you use 2Fa or google verification code no one can login your account . When you wan to login you can get a again and again new code then you put those code on your browser then you can login your account. This system is very effective for safest way to keep bitcoins.
poldanmig

Activity: 1372
Merit: 275

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 03:16:09 AM

What is the safest way to keep bitcoins.

Taken dangers like hacking, losing in to account!
I think that can make it safe and secure our own bitcoin if I save data into personal storage every week or not change password and avoid sites we do not know

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████     ▀███▀     ███          █████▀▀       ▀█████████    ███████████████████         ▀██████    ████████         ▀█████    ████
████      ▀█▀      ███    ▄▄▄▄▄▄████    ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄████████      ██████████████████    ▄▄▄    ████      ███████    ▄▄▄    ████    ████
████               ███    ▀▀▀▀▀████    ████▀▀▀▀▀██████   ██   █████████████████    ███▀   ███   ██   ██████    ███▀   ████    ████
████    █▄   ▄█    ███    ▄▄▄▄▄████    ████▄▄   █████   ▀▀▀▀   ████████████████         ▄███   ▀▀▀▀   █████         ▄█████    ████
████    ██▄ ▄██    ███    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████    ▀▀▀▀    ████            ███████████████    ████████            ████    █▄   ▀█████    ████
████    ███████    ███          █████▄▄       ▄████    ▄████▄    ██████████████    ███████    ▄████▄    ███    ███▄   ▀███    ████
█████████████████████████████████
███▀▀▀▀████▀▀██▀▀██▀▀▀████▀▀█████
█████▄  ███  ██  █  ▄▄ ██   █████
██████▄ ▀█  ▄█  ██▄  ▀██  █▄ ████
███████▄   ▄█▀ ▄█▀▀▀  █▀     ▀███
████████▄▄▄██▄▄███▄▄▄██▄▄███▄▄███
██████████████████████████████
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████▀███
████▀▀                ▀▀█   ██
███ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ █ ███
███ █ ▄▄ █ █ ▄▄ █ █ ▄▄ █ █ ███
███ █ ▄▀ █ █ ▄▀ █ █ ▄▀ █ ▀ ███
███ █▄▄▄▄█ █▄▄▄▄█ █▄▄▄▄█   ███
███                      ▄████
███  ██████████████████  █████
███                      █████

9000+ SLOTS 
█████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▄  ▀▀████████
█████▀ ▄███▄ ▄███▄ ██████
████▀▄▄ ██▀▀ ▀▀██ ▄▄▀████
████ ▀ ▄▄ ▄███▄ ▄▄ ▀ ████
████ ████ ▀███▀ ████ ████
████▄ ███▀ ▄▄▄ ▀███ ▄████
█████▄ ▄▄ █████ ▄▄ ▄█████
███████▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄███████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
.PLAY NOW.
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
george888055

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 10:47:13 AM

The problem with security set up for an electronic product is that there can always be something you didn’t know about – some tiny detail you missed which leaves a remote chance that somebody could steal your coins, or even novel exploit which nobody thought possible until it happened. Securing a piece of paper is always much simpler that securing data on an electronic device.
Pages: « 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 »
  Print  

Jump to: