Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 12:24:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Cashless society  (Read 36220 times)
vanslyien

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 11:25:33 PM

Its nice to visualize a cashless society in the future. Its like travelling or shopping without a cash or fiat on hand. No falling in line when making a payment, no waiting.. easy, and fast transactions. Hope the government would allow this to happen and will cosider how these crypto world can make our lives easy.
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
zngit

Activity: 154

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 02:15:45 AM

In my opinion this is not impossible to happen. The world today is full of gadgets and new discovered of technologies that every one who knows gadgets wants it. Most specially those who are educated persons. Cashless will take place when technologies dominate the mindset of the people. We always look for new so it will be possible as soon as possible in my perception.
Paulina85

Activity: 7

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 10:34:59 AM

Cashless Society is possible and it's fundamental to avoid money laundering
Coleth

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 10:43:18 AM

Cashless will indeed happen in the future.That will be the time when digital money will be known to people. And that is also a plan for the elites where chips will be implanted to peoples hands ir forehead that is written in the Bible in the book of Revelation. And its good thing there are crypto currencies now which will become an option to people so that not all will not be forced to the plan of chipping when cash will be gone. And by that time i think internet will be accessible anywhere for faster transactions anytime.
Paulina85

Activity: 7

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 10:46:28 AM

This is a good idea, a cashless society means less hassle more convenience to all of us. But I do think that this will not happen yet soon.  Cry
Indeed I'm an advocate of cashless Society. I'll be glad to see all government adopting that policy
mariyawisman

Activity: 197
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 10:51:43 AM

Have you ever wondered how would the world's economy be like in the future as a cashless society?

Perhaps, with the increased traction of blockchain acceptance nowadays, could lead to the creation of digital fiat currencies powered by blockchains that are managed by governments themselves. With this in mind, there would be no need for physical cash, as digital fiat currencies would provide many advantages such as quick settlement, global payments, full transparency, implants use on citizens to make payments, and more.

If this becomes a reality, which I'm sure that it will, it would radically transform our lives for the better and reduce criminal activity as a result of the full transparency and auditability that a digital fiat currency would have thanks to the power of the blockchain technology.

Also, it makes me wonder if cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin would exist by that time, or will they co-exist with digital fiat currencies.

Nevertheless, I would like to know your opinion about this.  Wink

It's true someday we will use digital currency, i really don't know how it would work. The big deal is that people that live in poverty may suffer this big change.
Dux2K
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

Blocklancer - Freelance on the Blockchain

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 12:50:17 PM

Look from this side how many of you use credit and debit cards in every day purchases. With so little stores that dont offer this king of service and not in all places in the world. Believe that this is just another step for this to be complete i rarely now use cash in every day purchase, mostly use plastic for this except in some bit cases then I use cash.

So we are in some way in cashless society from some angle and we will evolve in this direction so that we can use less paper money for this.

Coinroll - Bitcoin Gambling

[fX665GSjkGyrckCzk]
Epimetheus
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 01:02:01 PM
Last edit: March 13, 2018, 06:16:44 PM by Epimetheus

Have you ever wondered how would the world's economy be like in the future as a cashless society?

Perhaps, with the increased traction of blockchain acceptance nowadays, could lead to the creation of digital fiat currencies powered by blockchains that are managed by governments themselves. With this in mind, there would be no need for physical cash, as digital fiat currencies would provide many advantages such as quick settlement, global payments, full transparency, implants use on citizens to make payments, and more.

If this becomes a reality, which I'm sure that it will, it would radically transform our lives for the better and reduce criminal activity as a result of the full transparency and auditability that a digital fiat currency would have thanks to the power of the blockchain technology.

Also, it makes me wonder if cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin would exist by that time, or will they co-exist with digital fiat currencies.

Nevertheless, I would like to know your opinion about this.  Wink

It's true someday we will use digital currency, i really don't know how it would work. The big deal is that people that live in poverty may suffer this big change.
I think this can happen later in the future but not now.Cryptocurrencies should to be known to every person for a cashless society.People depend on fiat currency for their day to day uses and transactions.Cryptocurrencies are not legalised in many nations.Only a few percentage of people know about the cryptocurrencies and their advantages.But their users are increasing day by day.People want change so it will not be difficult to bring a cashless society.
Leonia-Ridinger

Activity: 110

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2018, 01:07:12 PM

I very rarely use cash, just paying everything by card. That's also cashless Smiley and yes, if you disregard the decentralization and democratization of money dream, countries can create private blockchains that issue cryptocurrency and make it fully identifiable (as opposed to anonymous). That could certainly work, and be nice in terms of usage, but it's not the dream I am hoping to come true Smiley also it would make it easier for countries as they wouldn't need to print cash at all. Also there would probably be less fraud, but at the cost of the cost of privacy I guess.
Ramtapsbtc

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 01:58:30 PM

Agree with you point that a cashless society would reduce criminal activity specially in the third world countries. I think we are gearing towards that system, the cashless system as we can see the use of credit cards for doing the groceries as an example.
BETnaBET

Activity: 125

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 02:05:43 PM

Maybe we will live in a cashless society if bitcoin will recover up and go back to the highest price of last December. Maybe all over the world will fast decide to live is in a cashless society because it is more good for all of us. Electronic processing is much more easier. That we will live in a high technology for  the convenience of all people. And its more majotity if we live in cashless society.
Tiernadi

Activity: 95

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 02:07:32 PM

I don't see anything impossible in idea of cashless society. Maybe the global shift towards Visa is the first step on this arduous journey.
huanzhong644306

Activity: 182
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 02:16:28 PM

With the development of today's society, bank CARDS, credit CARDS, alipay, and WeChat payment have been popularized in our lives. The era of cashless society is getting closer. However, mobile payment has caused many security risks due to social media embezzlement, SMS Trojan links, and fraudulent verification code. At the same time, digital money will add to the cashless society, and the cashless community has added a security.

One of the advantages of using digital currency to pay for traditional payments is low cost. So that's why digital money has a place in the cashless society. Digital money will play a very important role in international transfers, especially around the world. Using BCH to pay for each transaction is very low, only a few cents or less, which not only brings convenience to the rich, but also provides opportunities for the poor. So BCH has become an ideal currency for many businesses and businesses.

With the advent of cashless society, BCH will surpass bitcoin as the leader of the digital currency industry, giving its own power to a cashless society.
victorscrown

Activity: 81

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 02:28:34 PM

Time will come that cashless society will be implemented by the government. there are already  known personality that has microchips in his arm so when this person is in the mall for shopping no cash on her  bag but instead by using his arm where microchips is planted everything is paid.  No need to bring cash on bag.
crocozino

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 02:30:28 PM

Hm, establishing of a cashless society can be possible to happen in the distant future, I guess. But I'm sure not now, because people still tend to use fiat or real money rather than using Bitcoin or any other type of cryptocurrencies that has come from blockchain. Also a lot of other people, who has power in this world usually have TONS  of money, and they used to multiply that money.  I doubt that they would say, no problem, we will throw our money away, we do not need it any more. this ain't gonna happen. never...
grabpopcorn536

Activity: 476
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 02:50:29 PM

Abiky i believe a paper currency less society is possible but not in the recent future. First of all this will require universal free internet access which will not be possible until probably thirty years time that is even if the developed world is ready to make sacrifice to help the less endowed get to that le
It is easy to understand that when the society does not have cash when people now know and use virtual currency, I think that the development of virtual coins is apparent and robust, in the very future. Payment can be killed and not used anymore. People all over the world will use digital money.

Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1362

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 07:00:39 PM

I very rarely use cash, just paying everything by card. That's also cashless Smiley and yes, if you disregard the decentralization and democratization of money dream, countries can create private blockchains that issue cryptocurrency and make it fully identifiable (as opposed to anonymous). That could certainly work, and be nice in terms of usage, but it's not the dream I am hoping to come true Smiley also it would make it easier for countries as they wouldn't need to print cash at all. Also there would probably be less fraud, but at the cost of the cost of privacy I guess.

Exactly. Existing solutions such as credit/debit cards, and smartphone payments with Android Pay or Apple Pay, are all cashless. Nowadays, with the recent surge in technology, we could slowly experience a transition from old fiat money to digital fiat money. It would change many things that we've never thought possible and will make our lives more convenient. Countries would be hesitant to implement their own blockchain solutions for greater transparency and reduction of fraud from their issued currencies. The benefits of having a digital currency are too hard to ignore for any central bank or government to let it pass by. Smiley

Agree with you point that a cashless society would reduce criminal activity specially in the third world countries. I think we are gearing towards that system, the cashless system as we can see the use of credit cards for doing the groceries as an example.

For instance, Venezuela has announced the "Petro" cryptocurrency. On the other hand, Marshall Islands (look for it on Bitcoin Magazine) have announced that they will issue their own sovereign cryptocurrency. All of this, is showing us that someday in the future, we won't use physical fiat, but instead, digital fiat currencies operating on private ledgers. It's only a matter of time before, people become educated about using them, and gain better access to the internet for a cashless society to become a reality in our world. Wink

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Uhde

Activity: 616
Merit: 124

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 07:36:06 PM

actually using credit cards and debit cards in regular shoppings was a good step for cashless society and it is really very comfortable for everybody.
like if the card is enough secured even it is very safe against thiefs etc.
Jessica1234

Activity: 85

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 01:17:14 AM

It's possible. Because now we already doing cashless transaction like atm card and other electronic transactions that no cash involve. On this process, it can be more easier to do such things like buying online by just using your account and other transactions without any cash. It would be convenient for us to do things using cashless system.
O$IRIS

Activity: 136

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 01:25:28 AM

North America is almost cashless society.
Pages: « 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 »
  Print  

Jump to: