Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 12:52:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 [80] 81 82 83 84 85 86 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Cashless society  (Read 36220 times)
NoNetwork

Activity: 392
Merit: 292

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 06:01:07 PM

Its already happening in some countries, especially in the first world countries.

Well to attain this status, the country's economy comes first. They need to have a very stable and not that far to the average exchange to other currencies. Second is security, they must have a security that will ensure the safety of their money when they will entrust it to any bank inside that country.

So the cards and other items that can be used in buying items that will allow them to purchase things that do no really require paper money.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
alval

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2018, 07:51:26 PM

with the coinmarketcap of crpytocurrency and transaction on blockchain increase rapidly nowadays it one of many signs that the cashless society show its existence, no one ever doubt it
, it is the future of world dude Smiley, the cryptocurrency might different for each developer , but the technology behind it is awesome
many goverment will create digital fiat and manage themselves, there no need any physical cash again . soon or later
so many advanteges has proven by its .

for bitcoin existence itself . only market demand will determine bitcoin's existence . but long last or not , bitcoin was success to been a pioneer that bring the world know how powerfull blockchain is.

overall it is just my opinion Smiley
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1362

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 06:06:44 PM

Its already happening in some countries, especially in the first world countries.

Well to attain this status, the country's economy comes first. They need to have a very stable and not that far to the average exchange to other currencies. Second is security, they must have a security that will ensure the safety of their money when they will entrust it to any bank inside that country.

So the cards and other items that can be used in buying items that will allow them to purchase things that do no really require paper money.

That is certainly true, mate. This usually applies to credit/debit cards and other cashless payments which require the security and reliability of a bank. However, with cryptocurrencies that's not the case since most of them are decentralized which take the middleman out of the equation. Maybe, when countries start rolling in their own digital currencies, they would issue them via central banks (as they've done with physical fiat until today) or perhaps, banks would no longer exist and digital fiat currencies would operate on their own.

First world countries usually have the advantage when it comes to obtaining the latest technologies, but third countries may follow soon as internet access becomes accessible to all regions of the world. Until the Internet becomes freely accessible, then a cashless society may take some time to become a reality. But the way everything is heading into, shows that governments would issue their own digital currencies in the future, leaving physical fiat currencies in the dust. Just my opinion Smiley

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Alifal

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 07:04:16 PM

I think this is possible, but this would be implemented by the governments.but Something the governments don't want.so hoped cashless socity is not rich.
pleght

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 08:17:09 PM

You do not need crypto money for this.I can not use crypto money in my daily life without turning it into real money.I do not carry cash in my daily life.I usually use cards. Card is safer.

Akupuniard

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2018, 09:10:39 PM

I am still young but i prefer using cash and it's okay for me. I can't believe to my government and wont let them my money. I want to see my goods.

Dragon5

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 09:22:18 PM

The existence of a cashless society brings goodness in life, if all the same then there will be no life, some are rich and poor then the economy can go well and but with this fact then we should care more for those less fortunate.
But still existing central-bank money has its benefits: notes and coins available to anyone, whereas reserve accounts open only for commercial banks already in electronic form. Central bank cryptocurrencies could be either widely available or tightly restricted.
jeanpadel14

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 09:30:18 PM

If all cashless transactions were completed by waving a phone in front of a sensor, they might be completed faster than paying with cash. However, that is not the case. Most often, the cashier or customer swipes or inserts the card, then waits for the transaction to be processed and the customer to sign the electronic pad (or, worse, for a paper receipt to be printed and then signed). Several cash transactions could be completed in that time frame.

▶▶  [ WHITEPAPER ]  ◀◀            i v y            ▶▶  [ JOIN US NOW! ]  ◀◀
Ivy Disrupts The US$5 Trillion Per Day Money Transfer Market
TELEGRAM     ●    FACEBOOK    ●     TWITTER     ●    YOUTUBE    ●     LINKEDIN
Janinjo11

Activity: 238

Janinjo tips

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 10:05:55 PM

This would be a dream. This is possible, but people are too much corrupted to accept this. There are too much greed and envy in the world. Nothing comes for free. If everything would be free we would have a cashless society.
btcrut2017

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 10:11:58 PM

Have you ever wondered how would the world's economy be like in the future as a cashless society?

Perhaps, with the increased traction of blockchain acceptance nowadays, could lead to the creation of digital fiat currencies powered by blockchains that are managed by governments themselves. With this in mind, there would be no need for physical cash, as digital fiat currencies would provide many advantages such as quick settlement, global payments, full transparency, implants use on citizens to make payments, and more.

If this becomes a reality, which I'm sure that it will, it would radically transform our lives for the better and reduce criminal activity as a result of the full transparency and auditability that a digital fiat currency would have thanks to the power of the blockchain technology.

Also, it makes me wonder if cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin would exist by that time, or will they co-exist with digital fiat currencies.

Nevertheless, I would like to know your opinion about this.  Wink

Cashless society is good becs. It is very handy, accounts payable and payments of goods will be online, but you need to take care of your accounts since there are a lot of hackers nowadays. That is my worry for now.
y_stars

Activity: 38

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 10:26:09 PM

I have wondered this but in literally no money at all, and how that would work. In order for this scenario to work everyone would basically work for each other because they want to help each other, and everyone would have to be a good person, else the selfish people would take advantage.
chengyinoing01

Activity: 131
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 05:01:34 AM

I think the world will be a cashless era.

In China's first-tier and second-tier cities, cash is rarely used, but rather a digital currency, alipay and WeChat. Of course this applies only to China, and I think the future of bitcoin may be the world's currency.
Lion34

Activity: 42

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 05:16:00 AM

Impossibility can only be found in the dictionary of a fool. Although it may take longer time, but the fact of the matter is that cashless society is achievable but it may be gradual.
MMS2017

Activity: 546

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 05:37:16 AM

Cashless society will be a problem for those who are not used to bitcoin and crypto even most of the people don't know the electronic money usage and most of the people are believe that crypto is not good for the future because it has no physical existence and other currencies like dollar people would like to use bitcoin instead of dollars and mostly the educated community come to this side.

❰❰❰ GREENPAPER █████   TERRAGREEN   █████  ANN THREAD ❱❱❱
●●● ▬▬ Facebook  ❰❰❰  Blockchain Based Renewable Energy Platform  ❱❱❱  LinkedIn ▬▬ ●●●
Telegram Twitter    ICO Website    Reddit    Medium
tenu

Activity: 79

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2018, 06:53:58 AM

I hope cashless society will never become a reality. It can be described as a totalitarian society, where each your step is under state control. Moreover, it makes individual savings, and information about individual incomes and transactions, accessible to any party able to access the records.
KatelynCooper

Activity: 59

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 08:34:38 AM

I believe that a cashless society is possible to happen in this world but it may not take now or in the near future. Rather, it may take long long years to happen. Cashless society has a big possibility cause technology nowadays is getting higher. Modern generation are easily adapting the high technology of the world but there are still others who wasn't able to adapt this modern world. Inventions are getting more and more. Even a young student has the capacity to make a thing in which out of the mind of others, but will benefit many people. In the future there's a chance that we will be living with robots, highest technologies will be discover, and paper moneys may not be seen by anyone due to the new way of paying which is cashless.
aaron2024

Activity: 38

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 08:37:46 AM

It would be terrible for the economy in general, since every single business in the world is based on a cash system. However, for Bitcoin it could be benefitial, since these business would see it as one of the last options.
Zekia1

Activity: 84

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 08:42:39 AM

Many countries are beginning to apply cashless. Making paper money is very expensive, therefore many countries implement cashless system, I agree with the use of cashless, but must be considered also about transaction security, because it is a worry if our money is hacked or stolen
azguard2

Activity: 106
Merit: 14

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 07:06:52 PM

Many countries are beginning to apply cashless. Making paper money is very expensive, therefore many countries implement cashless system, I agree with the use of cashless, but must be considered also about transaction security, because it is a worry if our money is hacked or stolen

True many are starting this and some are so far in this that they rarely use cash. However this is only the beginning we have so many technological advanced in many fields so for society (some country) to become cashless. This will mostly be good for many reason but if we look many use more plastic then cash in everyday pay so this may be some first steps in cashless society.
Techie5879

Activity: 168
Merit: 11

Back from the Dead!

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 08:14:17 PM

Cashless society will be a problem for those who are not used to bitcoin and crypto even most of the people don't know the electronic money usage and most of the people are believe that crypto is not good for the future because it has no physical existence and other currencies like dollar people would like to use bitcoin instead of dollars and mostly the educated community come to this side.
Yes it will be a pretty huge problem for people who dont want to switch over, or retired people who arent familiar with modern things like cryptocurrency. Even people who havent had internet but are modern will have a hard time dealing with it, but still there is a huge way to go before this is even implemented, most developing countries are seriously lacking in infrastructure, and before a cashless society can be implemented, it has to be remedied soon. However, to fix the problems that people face, I think that the change should be more gradual, so as to allow people time to cope up and give them options while measuring out how stuff will work out for them, I would suggest not go ahead and force it on them, like India's government did with demonetization, and it brought a huge backlash along with it.
Pages: « 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 [80] 81 82 83 84 85 86 »
  Print  

Jump to: