Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:46:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Cashless society  (Read 36220 times)
Creepings

Activity: 546
Merit: 257

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 02:23:17 AM

I think a cashless society is needed for a better world. Also not many trees will be cut down
What is the connection of the trees and a cashless society? The paper moneys are not from the tree that has been cut down, they are using special kind of papers that are only made for the paper money in our world. Cashless society is not a good thing to start right now because we still have poverty that is needed to be solved first.

He is thinking that paper money are made from trees like the typical paper that is used in offices and school but as you have said, it is made out of special paper. Also not all fiats are paper, there are also coins that is made out of metal and speaking of poverty, the world might change, be innovative and high tech, poverty will still remain, as long as we live, it will not be solved nor changed.
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
creeps

Activity: 742
Merit: 144

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 04:45:20 AM

I hate the idea of a Cashless society. It's only an excuse for the government to spy on their people and control their money.

But cashless society is made only by the Bitcoin raise not by the government and all.Actually give want cash society to dominate the People Economy. If the cashless society is made by bitcoin so,you are free from the government and it's rules. You will live like a free bird.

Sure that will be the real breath of freedom but i doubt if the governments will give in so cheaply and so whatever be the case we should save enogh bitcoin to cater for any eventualities.

The government will not allow this one to happen, cashless society is not possible specially in 3rd world country. Yes bitcoin raises this concern and the advantage we have here is we knew already what bitcoin can do, governments will not stop us to adopt this kind of technology and we will this in the few next years.
aoihs00

Activity: 700
Merit: 300

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 07:01:16 AM

I would be pretty much happy to live in the era like that because I will never have to worry about the carrying of cash and all those heavy coins with me. I can even lay any kind of Amount directly to the merchant whether it's in decimal, it's low and it's high. Carrying cash will always have risks involved or getting robbed and even bad things can be done by other people to us to get that cash. Better have cashless cards and even if that those cards are gone they can be blocked by the banks and new one can be generated for us. This is the way cashless society will work and that would be nice.

With crypto currency development there are so many projects are already getting implemented to pay in the form of contactless technology. This is super fast payment system and you just have to get closer to the merchant terminal to pay the fees. Even safer than anything else and only you can use your cash and no none else.

azguard
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 11:06:10 AM

I think a cashless society is needed for a better world. Also not many trees will be cut down
What is the connection of the trees and a cashless society? The paper moneys are not from the tree that has been cut down, they are using special kind of papers that are only made for the paper money in our world. Cashless society is not a good thing to start right now because we still have poverty that is needed to be solved first.

He is thinking that paper money are made from trees like the typical paper that is used in offices and school but as you have said, it is made out of special paper. Also not all fiats are paper, there are also coins that is made out of metal and speaking of poverty, the world might change, be innovative and high tech, poverty will still remain, as long as we live, it will not be solved nor changed.

Don't forget that some countries (believe that Australian dollar is like this) have something like plastic money. Think that this was the case with AUD. So, some paper money money is made from special paper, yes, like USD they have very specific requirement. You also mentioned metal money, that is used also that is something that variate from country to country not all are made from same material.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

mazzaneo

Activity: 300
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 11:11:28 AM

Have you ever wondered how would the world's economy be like in the future as a cashless society?

Perhaps, with the increased traction of blockchain acceptance nowadays, could lead to the creation of digital fiat currencies powered by blockchains that are managed by governments themselves. With this in mind, there would be no need for physical cash, as digital fiat currencies would provide many advantages such as quick settlement, global payments, full transparency, implants use on citizens to make payments, and more.

If this becomes a reality, which I'm sure that it will, it would radically transform our lives for the better and reduce criminal activity as a result of the full transparency and auditability that a digital fiat currency would have thanks to the power of the blockchain technology.

Also, it makes me wonder if cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin would exist by that time, or will they co-exist with digital fiat currencies.

Nevertheless, I would like to know your opinion about this.  Wink
I feel that we are inevitably heading toward a cashless society, between credit card and debit card payments and now smart phone payments we are already pretty accepting of this concept. The big question is does blockchain based currencies have a central role to play in this, an my answer is that I think they do. We are getting there little by little, but if for no other reason than a novel technical solution I believe that crypto will be a dominant player in the future.

BitSend ◢◤Clients | Source
www.bitsend.info
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

Your Digital Network | 10MB Blocks
Algo: XEVAN | DK3 | Masternodes
Bitcore - BTX/BTC -Project

BSD -USDT | Bittrex | C.Gather | S.Exchange
Cryptopia | NovaExchange | Livecoin
CoinPayments | Faucet | Bitsend Airdrop

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
Fatanut
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1059

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 05:09:17 PM

Have you ever wondered how would the world's economy be like in the future as a cashless society?

Perhaps, with the increased traction of blockchain acceptance nowadays, could lead to the creation of digital fiat currencies powered by blockchains that are managed by governments themselves. With this in mind, there would be no need for physical cash, as digital fiat currencies would provide many advantages such as quick settlement, global payments, full transparency, implants use on citizens to make payments, and more.

If this becomes a reality, which I'm sure that it will, it would radically transform our lives for the better and reduce criminal activity as a result of the full transparency and auditability that a digital fiat currency would have thanks to the power of the blockchain technology.

Also, it makes me wonder if cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin would exist by that time, or will they co-exist with digital fiat currencies.

I feel that we are inevitably heading toward a cashless society, between credit card and debit card payments and now smart phone payments we are already pretty accepting of this concept. The big question is does blockchain based currencies have a central role to play in this, an my answer is that I think they do. We are getting there little by little, but if for no other reason than a novel technical solution I believe that crypto will be a dominant player in the future.

I feel like everything will be more compact even our cash. Thus, people likes to use cards. Plus, you just seems a richer when you are using card to pay for stuffs. People wants everything to be digital and accessible online. That's why banks integrated their service on the Internet and have online banking. Another thing, people like to keep stuffs on their phones. Banks already have those.

Those are the things that we also offer in cryptocurrency. You have your wallet on your phone. You have your wallet on the Internet. On the other hand, bitcoin can offer more things than that which the mainstream might want. First, anonymity. Who doesn't want to keep the details about themselves. Bitcoin is not exactly a fast and free transaction but it's better than Paypal when it comes to transaction fees, and it surely is a lot faster than when you are going to transfer amounts by physically going to the bank.

Most people are not aware that you can do this so they don't really use crypto coins. And so we have to inform them, although they can be discouraged by the scams and dramas going on in bitcoins.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

Walked_by

Activity: 122
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 09:00:08 PM

I feel like everything will be more compact even our cash. Thus, people likes to use cards. Plus, you just seems a richer when you are using card to pay for stuffs. People wants everything to be digital and accessible online. That's why banks integrated their service on the Internet and have online banking. Another thing, people like to keep stuffs on their phones. Banks already have those.

Those are the things that we also offer in cryptocurrency. You have your wallet on your phone. You have your wallet on the Internet. On the other hand, bitcoin can offer more things than that which the mainstream might want. First, anonymity. Who doesn't want to keep the details about themselves. Bitcoin is not exactly a fast and free transaction but it's better than Paypal when it comes to transaction fees, and it surely is a lot faster than when you are going to transfer amounts by physically going to the bank.

Most people are not aware that you can do this so they don't really use crypto coins. And so we have to inform them, although they can be discouraged by the scams and dramas going on in bitcoins.
cashless society will be more peaceful than that society in which people use cash because keeping cash could be riskey but keeping bitcoins will give you benefits financially and also tension free life is just possible with bitcoins.
Michaelsch

Activity: 126

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 01:58:09 AM

First of all, I think modern society in developed countries already cashless (people use credit cards most of the times)... but other than that I would add that I believe finally even fiat will have digital analog and we will not see paper money anymore
jamids

Activity: 616
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2017, 03:24:51 AM

It seems so ideal for me for it to happen having a cashless society. Some countries are already in advance technology especially those developed countries but sadly for developing countries or what is known as third world countries, they are always left behind because there are far more problems than technology like the basic necessities. They are more concerned in having food, water and housing and doesn't mind the new technology simply because either they don't know it or they don't have access to it thus they cannot relate with it. This reason alone would make it harder for digital currency to take over fiat. I believe they would co-exist but digital currency would not be able to totally eliminate fiat.

zaq130

Activity: 280
Merit: 128

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 04:07:50 AM

It is almost impossible to imagine such a world, especially in my country.

If you come to my country, I am sure that you gonna be surprised for the number of shops you cannot use credit card, even though my country has the 3rd largest economy in the world.

Most people use cash for their purchase. People still think that credit card is dangerous.

How come people living in such a country start using a Bitcoin for their everyday life.

Sasuke102001

Activity: 280
Merit: 111

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 04:24:14 AM

For a total cashless society all must have access to the internet for the flow of crypto currencies and transfer of the crypto currencies from person to person. I think for providing free internet access to each and every person on planet Earth the government could show up but theb the government would start taking taxes from every transaction. The main point is still there is a very long way for us to go to even think of a total cashless society.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 04:35:57 AM

First of all, I think modern society in developed countries already cashless (people use credit cards most of the times)... but other than that I would add that I believe finally even fiat will have digital analog and we will not see paper money anymore

It's happening in USA already, most of the people there are living with the transactions through credit card and that's why the banking industry there has a massive growth because Americans prefer to use credit cards and refuse to bring some cash, this is applicable to those who are working in a company. Since most of the people there wants to take some benefits from using their credit cards.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 01:27:48 PM

For a total cashless society all must have access to the internet for the flow of crypto currencies and transfer of the crypto currencies from person to person. I think for providing free internet access to each and every person on planet Earth the government could show up but theb the government would start taking taxes from every transaction. The main point is still there is a very long way for us to go to even think of a total cashless society.

I agree totally dude. The challenges facing the exclusive use of cashless transactions would be hard to hurdle since most requirements for it can't be met at the moment. As you've pointed out, accessibility for everyone would be the most difficult one to overcome

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
valentine401

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 02:36:18 PM

cashless society will be more peaceful than that society in which people use cash because keeping cash could be riskey but keeping bitcoins will give you benefits financially and also tension free life is just possible with bitcoins.

Well i agree with you and robbers will be hardly steal your money from you but then the problem is the government because every transaction in the past years are through cash and it will be very hard for the economy to replace it as fast as it should be.
xianbits

Activity: 910
Merit: 257

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 03:07:19 PM

Well i agree with you and robbers will be hardly steal your money from you but then the problem is the government because every transaction in the past years are through cash and it will be very hard for the economy to replace it as fast as it should be.
Even though we go cashless, there are still these online robbers. The good thing is, I think it would be harder to successfully rob our funds. But yeah, going cashless is what I am seeing in the very near future and we are starting it right now. It is more convenient and efficient to use esp with bitcoins where you can have up to 8 decimal places, you can pay more accurately even in the millionths.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▌                          ▐
▌      ███████████████     ▐
▌      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▐
▌      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         ▐
▌      █████████████▄      ▐
▌      ████      ▀███▌     ▐
▌      ████       ▐███     ▐
▌      ████      ▄███▌     ▐
▌      █████████████▀      ▐
▌      ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀         ▐
▌      ████                ▐
▌      ████                ▐
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

ERSISTENCE
BUILDING THE BRIDGE ━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Protocol Powering
Next-Gen Financial Products
/            ━━━
Buy XPRT
\               ▄▄▄▄
          ▄██▀▀▀▀██▄
     ▄▄▄▄██▀      ▀██
  ▄██▀▀▀██▀        ▐█▌
 ██▀     █▀  ▄    ▄██
▐█▌        ▄██▄▄▄██▀
 ██▄      ▄██▀▀▀▀
  ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ 
     ▀▀▀▀   
DeFi

▄██▄  ▀████████▄
 ▄██▀▀██▄        ▀██▄
███    ▀██▄        ███
 ▀██▄    ▀██▄    ▄██▀
   ▀██▄    ▀██▄▄██▀
     ▀██▄    ▀██▀
       ▀██▄▄██▀
         ▀██▀
NFT

▄██▄
                  ▄██▀▀██▄
       ▄██▄     ▄██▀    ▀██▄
     ▄██▀▀██▄ ▄██▀        ▀██▄
   ▄██▀    █████            ▀██▄
 ▄██▀    ▄██▀ ▀██▄            ▀██▄
██▀    ▄███▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄
PoS

ANN | Twitter | Medium | GitHub
Reddit | YouTube | Discord
Telegram ANN | Telegram Community
The_Dark_Knight

Activity: 840
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 05:49:22 PM

This would be utopia. Unfortunately, utopia can only function in a literature or in imagination. There is an essential need in (some of the) humans to be above the next man. Lately there is a lot of discussion about the universal basic income as the way to overcome bad effects of automation. This approach has several things common with the cashless society. We will soon see what are the effects of several experiments currently running.
It is not a desire to be above other people is just a desire to have the best life we can, if you want to have more money in your bank account then you need to work harder, it is as simple as that, universal basic income sounds good in theory but that is not going to happen, businesses will need to be taxed at 90% or something ridiculous like that, if we have problems taxing business at 30%, or whatever the rate is in your country, you can bet they are going to move overseas if governments raise their taxes.
Yarskdave

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 05:57:05 PM

cashless society is a safe society, there will be reduced crime rate and our savings will grow which will lead to stable economy.
it will also help the economy or the authority to monitor all financial transaction that will be carried out within the country.
glowing10

Activity: 812
Merit: 142

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 07:13:44 PM

cashless society is a safe society, there will be reduced crime rate and our savings will grow which will lead to stable economy.
it will also help the economy or the authority to monitor all financial transaction that will be carried out within the country.

Its going to be a digital world in coming time and cypto currencies can play a major role in expanding this horizon. As payment can be done from part of the world to another in less than 15 minutes and with reasonable or less fess this makes the beauty of such currencies and in coming time it would be more of a cashless society as everything would be done though online mode.
ged00u

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 07:18:16 PM

I agree. People will be equal to each other and there will be no property and people will not kill each other for money and cash anymore
wRex

Activity: 98

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 07:26:16 PM

Have you seen Mr. Robot? You reminded me of it.
Well coming to real world, it is not possible at least for next 20 years. No matter how easy cryptocurrencies made the finance but still its scope limited to internet. We need liquid flow of internet to transfer BTC and other coins from one person to other. But if we see current situation, internet is not the bite of every individual. Lots of technical jargon stops the way of utopian society of CRYPTOCURRENCIES.

I agreed with this opinion, not because already show up in the movies, nowadays has begun with cashless transaction, we can see many transaction done by EDC (Electronic Data Capture), the device that empowers merchants to accept and process card transactions via credit and debit cards.
Meaning cashless society describes an economic state whereby financial transactions are not conducted with money in the form of physical banknotes or coins, but rather through the transfer of digital information (usually an electronic representation of money) between the transacting parties. I explain little bit about cashless society, maybe someone here not known it. Such a concept has been discussed widely, particularly because the world is experiencing a rapid and increasing use of digital methods of recording, managing, and exchanging money in commerce, investment and daily life in many parts of the world, and transactions which would historically have been undertaken with cash are often now undertaken electronically.
So i believe someday all of us will not use any physic money. We can save more our Ecosystem for our next generation.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 »
  Print  

Jump to: