Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 07:21:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Global Crypto Bear Market  (Read 6672 times)
600watt
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 08:20:56 PM

Nekrobios, I have the feeling you might be right.

I sold everything yesterday, to be honest, on a gut feeling that the bubble is popping. I know trading on emotion is a stupid thing to do, and I might miss out on some more upside... but when you look at the chart, you don't even need indicators to tell that growth is slowing down and it DOES remind me a lot of the previous bubble in '13

Looking at today's chart, it only confirms my fears. We have been in a downtrend since we touched on 3k. Unless we pass 3k again, the only possible direction is down.

( disclaimer - I am a huge Bitcoin believer and I think Bitcoin has a golden future. But bull and bear cycles will keep cycling Smiley

price has more doubled since you sold your bitcoins. did you buy back between June and now? at what loss?

i am necroing this thread because I was close to sell myself. I am not laughing at you. it is important to see that even in
the midst of an ultra bullish performance like 2017 has shown, even experienced bitcoiners can get scared. 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FiendCoin

Activity: 462
Merit: 263

The devil is in the detail.

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 02:32:43 AM

I sold everything yesterday, to be honest, on a gut feeling that the bubble is popping. I know trading on emotion is a stupid thing to do, and I might miss out on some more upside... but when you look at the chart, you don't even need indicators to tell that growth is slowing down and it DOES remind me a lot of the previous bubble in '13

Looking at today's chart, it only confirms my fears. We have been in a downtrend since we touched on 3k. Unless we pass 3k again, the only possible direction is down.

( disclaimer - I am a huge Bitcoin believer and I think Bitcoin has a golden future. But bull and bear cycles will keep cycling Smiley

price has more doubled since you sold your bitcoins. did you buy back between June and now? at what loss?

i am necroing this thread because I was close to sell myself. I am not laughing at you. it is important to see that even in
the midst of an ultra bullish performance like 2017 has shown, even experienced bitcoiners can get scared. 

Expect another scare in the next 4-6 weeks. Maybe a multi-month correction before the bull continues in 2018.

If you really believe in Bitcoin, no dip, drop, crash or whatever should deter you.

I don't expect another big bear market until we hit somewhere over 30k+.

"Darkness is good. Dick Cheney. Darth Vader. Satan. That's power." -Steve Bannon
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2017, 07:59:15 AM
Last edit: October 23, 2017, 04:37:47 PM by deisik

Expect another scare in the next 4-6 weeks. Maybe a multi-month correction before the bull continues in 2018

We all expect that

Somehow, the longer you stay in the market, the more pessimistic you become. We are constantly proved wrong in our decisions (but that's normal), and it seems to affect our overall sentiment. Indeed, we all sincerely hope for the price to rise higher but given the amount of trading mistakes we made in the past, the weight of them starts to inadvertently affect our thinking, and we might end up being overly or even extremely pessimistic. In this way, novice traders may have a sort of advantage unless the price is really going to tank massively. And then our hour of triumph comes

ask
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 04:15:40 PM

I am waiting for global stocks bear market not a crypto bear market.
stock chart is very similar to ex economic crisis chart.
600watt
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 07:33:11 PM

Thank you Joerii, it means a lot to me when people who have been around for a longer time realize the nature of markets that there are periods with low risk/reward and periods of high risk/reward and you don't necessarily have to expose yourself to the latter.

I agree with you trading on pure emotion is bad. But, as you gain more experience, I find that emotions or notions, if they persist for a longer time, then it's because you sense that something isn't right.

For 20 months, I have had peace with my Bitcoin position, not even bothering to check on it too much save for the latest craze. But as all the information sunk in and the most likely scenario began to unfold, I could not have possibly fallen asleep while hodling this bag.

how did it all work out for you? have you bought back in since june 2017?
Toxic2040
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 4141

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 07:44:16 PM

Why I see a global crypto bear market coming:

1. Charting: Wrong
2. Altcoin and ICO bubble : Really wrong
3. Psychologically : Omfg were you wrong.

/thread
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  

Jump to: