Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 11:52:10 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Best of (upcoming) ICO's  (Read 5276 times)
kimjong (OP)

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 10:02:07 PM

Hi guys,

right now we have a lot of exciting new icos coming.

I am not starting this thread, so I do not have to do my own research. I am starting this thread, because as a community we can share our knowledge, hint others in directions they did not see, spread our knowledge and let the community (and our bank accounts  Wink) grow.

Soon there a following icos, which really spark my interest and I think everyone of them is worth participating.

Civic
Status
openANX
Tezos
tenX
Wagerr
Dcorp
Omisego

There are too many icos. One can not participate in all of them. Please share with all of us your thoughts and advice about these icos and may add more, which spark your interest! We all can profit from this.
I will also add websites, infos and my thoughts, which will hopefully help everyone as well.

Cheers
bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 10:17:33 PM

Here's my knowledge in a nutshell; all ICOs are scams. No exceptions.

Slightly longer but still short version: we have a lot of new, mostly lazy people in crypto thanks to the rise of Bitcoin who look at this as a gold rush and want a quick and easy buck and consider mindlessly gambling with ICOs as smart investments. Your 11-day-old account is a testament to that. While I'm not against gambling as long as the participants are understanding what they're doing (I lived off of playing onlike poker for years) ICOs are nothing but a distilled and rotten form of gambling without rules. It's like a game of cards where the cards absolutely doesn't matter and you just give your money to the house which decides if you won or not. This phase in crypto is even more detrimental then the "every wallet has a keylogger or trojan" phase following the "every coin is heavily premined" era (which seem to have a comeback).

Not your keys, not your coins!
sieemma

Activity: 980
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 11:56:34 PM

Slightly longer but still short version: we have a lot of new, mostly lazy people in crypto thanks to the rise of Bitcoin who look at this as a gold rush and want a quick and easy buck and consider mindlessly gambling with ICOs as smart investments. Your 11-day-old account is a testament to that. While I'm not against gambling as long as the participants are understanding what they're doing (I lived off of playing onlike poker for years) ICOs are nothing but a distilled and rotten form of gambling without rules. It's like a game of cards where the cards absolutely doesn't matter and you just give your money to the house which decides if you won or not. This phase in crypto is even more detrimental then the "every wallet has a keylogger or trojan" phase following the "every coin is heavily premined" era (which seem to have a comeback).
That is really true. I participated in a recent ICO and the way the dev are behaving, I think I just donated my money. In other words, gambling as you said.
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 12:01:55 AM

Depends if the devs decide the project is actually worth working on or if they will just completely ignore it and essentially take your money and run. As the second guy said, it's gambling. Either profit or bust, something extremely risky. There have been successful crowdsales including Ethereum but that was a long time ago and the times are different nowadays.
bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 12:14:50 AM

Depends if the devs decide the project is actually worth working on or if they will just completely ignore it and essentially take your money and run. As the second guy said, it's gambling. Either profit or bust, something extremely risky. There have been successful crowdsales including Ethereum but that was a long time ago and the times are different nowadays.

Thing is, if a dev or group of devs are confident in their project, they should finance it themselves. That at least shows that they are confident and not just want a quick payday. They should launch as PoW as it's still the only fair initial distribution method and mine it themselves or buy cheap early coins and hold if they're confident they can deliver as that would make them great profit. Or even make it so they get a cut automatically for a period of time from every block, Zcash style (but not as much as 20%). That way they're incentivized to keep improving the project and can't just get an initial payment and lost all incentive to continue and not just disappear.

And ICOs are going against everything crypto stands for; it's a centralized form of inital fund distribution.

Not your keys, not your coins!
Jannn

Activity: 1120
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2017, 12:17:43 AM

Not all ICO are scams dude that is based on my experience.
And remember Ethereum was pass through in online crowdsale also.
jlspartz

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 01:22:15 AM

It depends on how you define scam.  ICOs (especially ones with Pre-ICOs) are just ponzi schemes.  I'm not above making a quick buck on them, but I wouldn't trust any of them.  And after the fact, they are still horribly distributed.  If an initial holder of ETH is still holding everything and decided he wants to cash out all at once, you can guess what will happen to your "investment".  Look at Civic - only 33% will be owned by the public.  ICOs to me are like stock options (all or nothing gamble) for a short term gain.

That being said, I look for projects that are novel, or purport features that are better than like coins and seem legit.  All I really look for in ICOs are projects that others will buy into.
Haladay

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 01:33:43 AM

Correct. Not all of them are scams but most of them are potential scams and some part of them are exactly scams. It's more like gambling as you mentioned above. Isn't there any süper ICO? Yes there is but this happens once in a while.
Israfel7

Activity: 38

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 04:21:27 AM

i choose Civic and Omisego , this two project small market values relative to others
Croin

Activity: 490

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 08:11:32 AM

I really don#t like CIVIC look at the guy responsible for this ICO. You can even see his greed in this ICO. He is totally only interested in making quick money nothing more.
albus9981

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 10:20:33 AM

I really don#t like CIVIC look at the guy responsible for this ICO. You can even see his greed in this ICO. He is totally only interested in making quick money nothing more.
don't you like make money quickly? 
i like it  Grin
Machaera

Activity: 1

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 10:30:55 AM

It depends of your skill to select good and less good ICOs. As for me, I invested in Waves, Lisk, EDG, TaaS, ZrCoin and all ended being profitable to me.
Gwyn

Activity: 476

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 10:41:41 AM

It depends of your skill to select good and less good ICOs. As for me, I invested in Waves, Lisk, EDG, TaaS, ZrCoin and all ended being profitable to me.

hello bro ,which you invest are good projects ,but all of long-term projects .
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 402

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 10:56:34 AM

ICO thing isn't different from real World investor funded startups. Majority of startups end up failing and investors lose money. I believe Investors are aware of the risk involved.  The only difference between the two is that ICO allows small investors to participate.  Business and innovation are all about risk takin
Though I believe there should be some basic  rules guiding the ICO

Caesar-Giulius

Activity: 728

Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 11:03:03 AM

For me, i am interested in Status and OpenAnx from your list. The mobile market is huge and profitable, most of us are on mobile now. As for OpenAnx, i always love the idea of a Decentralized Exchange, so this is my personal preference.  Grin Another Decentralized Exchange I have invested is NVO.io.

There are two more ICOs in the loan niche which i am interested in, they are Populous and Hive dealing with invoice financing.

Cheers!

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████▀██████████████
█████████▄▄      ▀▀██▀╜  ▀▀███████████
████████████▄       ██   ▀^╓▀█████████
██████████████      ║█    ,▀██████████
█████████████▄▄      █▌   ████████████
████████████████▄     ▀█▄  ███████████
████████████████▀,,,    ╙▀▀█▀ ████████
█████████████████▀▀▀█▄▄       ████████
███████████████▀     ▀███████▀████████
██████████████▌       ▐█* ▀▓▀ ████████
████████████*██▄     ▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄████████
██████████▀`  ▀██▄   ▀████████████████
████████▀`  ▄█████▌   ╙███████████████
████████▄,   ▀████ ,,,  "▀▀███████████
██████████,,,,, ╙█▄███▄▄,,,,╙▀████████
L B X.

■                         ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                         ■
The London Block Exchange
■                         ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                         ■

WDownload OnW
[.
          ▄▄█▀
         ███▀
   ▄▄▄▄  ▀  ▄▄▄▄
 ▄███████▄██████▌
▐██████████████▌
███████████████
▐██████████████▌
 ███████████████▌
  ██████████████▌
   ▀████▀▀▀████▀
/      ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▐
     ▄█▀████▀█▄
    ▐██████████▌
 ▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
 ▀▀ ████████████ ▀▀
    ▀██████████▀
      ▐██  ██▌
      ▐██  ██▌
]

happypencil

Activity: 361

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 11:12:38 AM

For me, i am interested in Status and OpenAnx from your list. The mobile market is huge and profitable, most of us are on mobile now. As for OpenAnx, i always love the idea of a Decentralized Exchange, so this is my personal preference.  Grin Another Decentralized Exchange I have invested is NVO.io.

There are two more ICOs in the loan niche which i am interested in, they are Populous and Hive dealing with invoice financing.

Cheers!

thank you ,i will keep watching NVO ,i see it's ad in bct  ,look like a good project .
xbiv2

Activity: 560
Merit: 111

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 11:17:17 AM

Welcome to THE SYSTEM [/img]

TrissMerigold

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Bitrated user: Olysikes1. Authenticate

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2017, 11:19:14 AM

DCORP , Primalbase i think these are trustable , because both teams looks professional i heard vitalik buterin ( Ethereum CEO ) also included on this project but we dont know it yet , let see what will happen soon , this is just my personal opinion , please dont be triggered , im watching both project

arbitrage

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 11:55:02 AM

ICO is not scam, but in most cases is used as tool for enrichment of few developers and whales in their cooperation. I believe this already slowly changing, because everybody now see clearly, they can get more money if they deliver product and provide support for their product. Best example is ETH.
It turns out that some kind of developers funding is necessary and ICO is favored on market, because it is fastest way till results.
shamzblueworld

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2017, 12:36:33 PM

I agree, DCORP so far has looked very promising, good dev team, very good marketing team, and the core idea is also decent. But will have to see when the development happens and the coin actually comes out. But I feel its worth considering at the moment.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: