Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 06:03:54 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SOCC]: SocialCoin *** FORK COMPLETE ***  (Read 66069 times)
Sowik

Activity: 532
Merit: 327

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 07:34:14 AM

Wew.. i'm to late view this post... hope i get a little coin from dev Cheesy
Follow, Like, RT done..
MY twitter : @ijalmameh
SOCC addres : SQyteVZ7kDEk6xMt4xs135PiQGF2RaX27i
Ty Dev Smiley

Late indeed, if you cared to read - the twitter bounty has finished.
SDHarley (OP)

Activity: 778
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2017, 08:04:25 AM
Last edit: June 28, 2017, 07:44:03 PM by SDHarley

Good to see socc on yobit.

Indeed, but the price has suffered through the selling. This is partly my fault for offering high bounties I do believe, which people have then sold and that's hurt us. But it is what it is and we learn from this. Note, as already mentioned, that my premine balance after bounties already paid is still held locally. I've not sold.

Next steps from here are:

1) Nova coin add - this should happen imminently now I do believe we have secured the funding for the listing.
2) Nova voting - I will issue an update to the ANN (or in this ANN) which details SOCC rewards for voting. I'm aware of how Nova voting works, so these rewards will be scaled accordingly.
3) Roadmap - again, update to this ANN or a fresh ANN which details where we are going next, along the lines of:
- Realtime coin supply ticker.
- Coinmarket listing...this will be done asap.
- Finishing off required components, such as a robust block explorer
- Faucets to spread the word through dripping coins to the public
- Market maker algo, to keep the price more consistent
- iOS and Android wallets, and offering a bounty
- Possible signature campaign to ensure this ANN or fresh threads remain at the top of the forum
- Continue to push SOCC's presence in terms of reminding people to use the Slack environment, post on Amazon reviews, TripAdvisor reviews and so on.
- Other ideas which the community may wish to present

-----------------------------------------------------------
Social Cryptos Ltd - Where cryptos can benefit us all.
SDHarley (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2017, 12:33:47 PM

Can see the price trying to stick around 1k sat still evident selling ongoing. Lesson learned, be closer controlled on the bounties

Minerolero

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 12:40:14 PM

Can see the price trying to stick around 1k sat still evident selling ongoing. Lesson learned, be closer controlled on the bounties

I think thats normal movement of the market dev, there are plenty of coins being mined and miners eager to make a quick buck. Either way, as you get more attention to your purpose, people will start buying. Eventually, some whale will come and make a huge pump and those who sell earier will regret.
SDHarley (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2017, 12:45:39 PM

Yeah even so though can't help but think the high bounties made it worse. Still, hopefully over the worst of it Smiley

syrusek

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 01:22:38 PM

Of course the bounties were too high for tweets, likes and stuff, getting 3 full blocks for a single retweet is way too much. If I were to mine 200 coins it would take about an hour with 1gh/s rig since block reward is only 75 coins.
SDHarley (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2017, 01:41:38 PM

Yep, obvious now. Balance should have been different.

Sowik

Activity: 532
Merit: 327

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 01:44:47 PM

Why would you even sell them for such a small price...
I'll keep my coins, I believe in the project Smiley
Tara11

Activity: 728
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 01:59:01 PM

Why would you even sell them for such a small price...
I'll keep my coins, I believe in the project Smiley

Yeah it's just stupid. You have to sell 100 million coins at 1 satoshi to make 1 bitcoin.  Since it's their coins they have all the rights to do what they want. But it's not that bad thing. Those coins just changing hands not disappearing. Socialcoin will bounce back when the selling mania settles. If I have dry powder next few days I will buy more while it's cheap.
Minerolero

Activity: 42

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 02:12:46 PM

Let the miners sell their coins, my orders are there to buy :-)
SDHarley (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2017, 02:58:45 PM

Here's the thing.

SOCC does appear to be something new. Something which is based on existing online behaviour, that of using the Internet to spread and offer opinion. It's that thing people often look for but don't find - something new. Yes I know steem are in a related space, but I maintain that is platform centric on their site. Nothing wider.

SOCC offers the ability to the wider public who may have no knowledge of crytos to get involved. Achieving that reach, that's the challenge.

Set against the future possibilities, selling now at this price is madness. Those people aren't in it for the coin, just the quick win. They've sold out the chance to really recoup later on. But it's the way of things...

mdodong

Activity: 560
Merit: 112

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 03:38:29 PM

Here's the thing.

SOCC does appear to be something new. Something which is based on existing online behaviour, that of using the Internet to spread and offer opinion. It's that thing people often look for but don't find - something new. Yes I know steem are in a related space, but I maintain that is platform centric on their site. Nothing wider.

SOCC offers the ability to the wider public who may have no knowledge of crytos to get involved. Achieving that reach, that's the challenge.

Set against the future possibilities, selling now at this price is madness. Those people aren't in it for the coin, just the quick win. They've sold out the chance to really recoup later on. But it's the way of things...

I totally agree. Instead of focusing on small gains, why not contribute in realizing the goal of SOCC. In the long run we all win.

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
SDHarley (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2017, 03:59:33 PM

Wew.. i'm to late view this post... hope i get a little coin from dev Cheesy
Follow, Like, RT done..
MY twitter : @ijalmameh
SOCC addres : SQyteVZ7kDEk6xMt4xs135PiQGF2RaX27i
Ty Dev Smiley

Sorry no more Twitter bounties for now.

SDHarley (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2017, 04:14:32 PM

Hi!

NEW POOL for SocialCoin [SOCC]

http://miningpool.thruhere.net

No registration needed, just use your wallet adress as username and no password needed.

example for Social Coin

stratum+tcp://miningpool.thruhere.net:8273 -u YOURWALLETHERE -p x

3 available ports!
Port: 8272 -- Diff 256
Port: 8273 -- VarDiff: 8-16194 (use as default)
Port: 8274 -- Diff:32192 (use for hashmining or miningrigrentals)

Fees 1.5%
Email: theminingpool.mine@gmail.com
tweeter: https://twitter.com/The_MiningPool

Smiley Smiley  HAPPY MINNING !!  Smiley Smiley

Thanks will update OP.

JustADreamer

Activity: 98

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 04:16:04 PM

Another great day to be waking up to Social Coin Smiley
Looking forward to today's progress, many things to be done.
SDHarley (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2017, 04:39:14 PM

Announcement

I recognize and appreciate the process at work here, but there are too many sell orders to allow the coin a chance to build. With immediate effect, the bounty for website posting is being sliced to 20 SOCC. OP has been updated.

Those that are in this for the long game will appreciate the reasons why. Those that are not will leave, and go with no ill feelings. It's partly my fault for setting the bounties too high and trusting too much in human spirit. There are a few people on this thread, and they know who the are, who are prepared to work for this coin. But the others, I am concerned about the immediate selling of the bounties which I have seen. If selling was the name of the game, I could have sold my premine balance and disappeared into the wilderness. That isn't the aim.

Apologies to the affable types who wish no negative impact, but I am afraid I need to blanket policy this.

So from this point, to avoid a repeat when we list on Nova, 20 SOCC per person, per day, 1 per day max, for Amazon, TripAdvisor etc-type reviews.

Anybody who has an issue with this, please PM me.

Thanks, Dev.

syrusek

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 04:50:47 PM

Announcement

I recognize and appreciate the process at work here, but there are too many sell orders to allow the coin a chance to build. With immediate effect, the bounty for website posting is being sliced to 20 SOCC. OP has been updated.

Those that are in this for the long game will appreciate the reasons why. Those that are not will leave, and go with no ill feelings. It's partly my fault for setting the bounties too high and trusting too much in human spirit. There are a few people on this thread, and they know who the are, who are prepared to work for this coin. But the others, I am concerned about the immediate selling of the bounties which I have seen. If selling was the name of the game, I could have sold my premine balance and disappeared into the wilderness. That isn't the aim.

Apologies to the affable types who wish no negative impact, but I am afraid I need to blanket policy this.

So from this point, to avoid a repeat when we list on Nova, 20 SOCC per person, per day, 1 per day max, for Amazon, TripAdvisor etc-type reviews.

Anybody who has an issue with this, please PM me.

Thanks, Dev.
Good decision, 20 is more reasonable than giving away coins worth few blocks.
SDHarley (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2017, 05:45:49 PM

Don't know that everybody will be so pragmatic but I think at the same time, everybody has received good bounties out of this coin thus far, and should be happy. It's a big drop from 750 to 20, but it's a massive drop from 3333 sat to 300. It was always going to happen of course, but the constant selling against the constant bounty payouts has to be halted.

In the silence

Activity: 1293
Merit: 294

''Vincit qui se vincit''

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 05:51:05 PM

Don't know that everybody will be so pragmatic but I think at the same time, everybody has received good bounties out of this coin thus far, and should be happy. It's a big drop from 750 to 20, but it's a massive drop from 3333 sat to 300. It was always going to happen of course, but the constant selling against the constant bounty payouts has to be halted.
Thats good for the value of SOCC, you must halt distributing free SOCC for now to recover its true value. Give it some time before you distribute free SOCC again.
JustADreamer

Activity: 98

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 05:51:36 PM

I'm completely on board with this decision; we don't need to look at it as a loss.
Without even paying mind to the current value of the coin; the bounties were a great opportunity for eager members of this community to take part in something new.
It can be viewed as an example of how powerful social media and campaigns can be given the right reward for the work.
This being said; now that Social Coin has established itself within the community moving forward we can now stabilize growth and push forward to reaching new heights.

Just like the guy who sold 20,000BTC for a pizza; it was well worth it at the time and proven to still be referenced to this day.

With that being said; if you would like another opportunity to earn some Social Coins check out the new faucet Smiley
Rewards will be limited to 2 coins per submission for the first week; following coins release on Nova + Coinmarketcap reward will drop down to 1 coin.
http://Social-Coin.club
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 »
  Print  

Jump to: