Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 08:09:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SOCC]: SocialCoin *** FORK COMPLETE ***  (Read 66071 times)
alexflow

Activity: 700
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 12:09:33 AM

Managed to resolve the wallet sync issue by redownloading the windows wallet, deleting everything except the socialcoin.conf and wallet.dat in %AppData%\Socialcoin. Ignored the first page tutorial and put this in socialcoin.conf like before:

Code:
rpcuser=<user>
rpcpassword=<pass>
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcport=18646
port=18645
listen=1
server=1
addnode=13.59.61.11:18645   
addnode=13.59.61.11:18645   
addnode=51.9.44.233:18645   
addnode=109.152.186.237:18645   
addnode=5.167.121.35:18645   
addnode=31.8.179.249:18645   
addnode=31.54.191.5:18645

Launched wallet and everything synced to 2 days ago which is the last time the blockchain moved as mentioned. Verified block number in debug window matches the explorer at 5706. So yay.

confirm that. i will do -rescan -reindex - not help this. what to do?
kydub

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 03:55:27 AM

So I'm mining away on GCPOOL at an astonishing 1.7MH/s  Cry At this rate it says it will take 43 days to mine a single block worth 75 SOCC. Any idea why ccminer shows 1.7MH/s but GCPOOL is showing only around 1MH/s?

Edit: Props to mdodong mining away at 14KH/s for 0.025 SOCC/day. I applaud your effort. I just noticed minimum payout is 5 SOCC with a 1 SOCC transaction fee. Which at 2 SOCC/day isn't the most profitable scenario. I think I nailed down the lack of interest in mining SOCC. I'm literally paying $3/day in electricity to mine SOCC and losing the $25/day I would be making in ZEC. I also noticed that my hashrate is often listed higher than the pool hashrate. What's up with all the discrepancies?
maosef

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 11:25:52 AM

Can we get an update on mobile wallets and masternode, do you think they will both be done by end of month?

I bought quite a lot of SOCC, 30,000, at an average of 1100 sats about 2 months ago and everything was going really well in terms of development but it seems that the project has really slowed down in August. The original release date for SOCC mobile apps was the 14th of this month but nothing has been announced.
toygg

Activity: 306
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 01:35:11 PM

Can we get an update on mobile wallets and masternode, do you think they will both be done by end of month?

I bought quite a lot of SOCC, 30,000, at an average of 1100 sats about 2 months ago and everything was going really well in terms of development but it seems that the project has really slowed down in August. The original release date for SOCC mobile apps was the 14th of this month but nothing has been announced.

Ikr... I wonder whether this coin has joined the ranks of many other dead altcoins. This is a common issue for many altcoins such that they would start off as good and then things would turn downhill pretty soon. I hope that this will not be the fate of SOCC.
mdodong

Activity: 560
Merit: 112

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 10:49:07 PM

current difficulty and the lack of miners are putting this coin to a halt. With the current Diff a miner of 1GHz can solve a block in a couple of hours. however difficulty will remain high. maybe Dev can re think about difficulty adjustment because we are stuck in a cycle:

- high diff
- low hashrate miners
- long time to find a block
- rent some hash power(1GHz+)
- block found
- diff remains high(due to last calculated hash power)
- hash rate goes down(renting done)

rinse. repeat.

-----

I think dev needs to change the algo for this coin to be cpu/gpu friendly.

difficulty adjustment should also be taken into consideration.

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
SDHarley (OP)

Activity: 778

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2017, 07:36:19 AM

@kydub - The reason the original (in effect) conf file now works again is because the correct blockchain has ascended to a height which means it takes over from the fork. So yes, the original conf file along with the addnodes commands can now be used. Also because I suspect Nova has removed their node, which means if the connect node command is used in the conf file (and nothing else) then the wallet will not connect. I will update the OP. And as I think you've deduced, ccminer is good for Nvidia.

@alexflow - As above, revert the conf file to the original parameters, resync block chain and it will update to height 5707.

@maosef - The mob wallets, as I've updated recently, are still in development. These things take time. I've been mulling over what to do with the network because the mob wallets will be worth the square root of sod all unless we can sort the blockchain movement out. Ergo, when I get the time I will be looking at the masternodes requirement as a resolution so give me some time and I will update on this in due course.

@toygg - The blockchain movement and health is the key here. Defining a masternode, at least on the face of it, will assist with this but I need to understand how this reconciles with my desire to create a good PoW coin. Which brings us to @mdodong and the point about the fundamentals of the coin in terms of current diff, algo and adjusting the diff. So that's lots for me to chew over in the coming week or so and I will update ASAP.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Social Cryptos Ltd - Where cryptos can benefit us all.
SDHarley (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2017, 07:53:34 AM

By the way, not sure what has happened to the main image in the OP, seems to have stopped displaying even though the image is still there. Have seen this before so will continue to play with it.

the-doctor

Activity: 542
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 04:31:24 PM

@kydub - The reason the original (in effect) conf file now works again is because the correct blockchain has ascended to a height which means it takes over from the fork. So yes, the original conf file along with the addnodes commands can now be used. Also because I suspect Nova has removed their node, which means if the connect node command is used in the conf file (and nothing else) then the wallet will not connect. I will update the OP. And as I think you've deduced, ccminer is good for Nvidia.

@alexflow - As above, revert the conf file to the original parameters, resync block chain and it will update to height 5707.

@maosef - The mob wallets, as I've updated recently, are still in development. These things take time. I've been mulling over what to do with the network because the mob wallets will be worth the square root of sod all unless we can sort the blockchain movement out. Ergo, when I get the time I will be looking at the masternodes requirement as a resolution so give me some time and I will update on this in due course.

@toygg - The blockchain movement and health is the key here. Defining a masternode, at least on the face of it, will assist with this but I need to understand how this reconciles with my desire to create a good PoW coin. Which brings us to @mdodong and the point about the fundamentals of the coin in terms of current diff, algo and adjusting the diff. So that's lots for me to chew over in the coming week or so and I will update ASAP.

Inovation is what differs best from good. So we need it!

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
addergebroed

Activity: 309

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 03:29:57 PM

By the way, not sure what has happened to the main image in the OP, seems to have stopped displaying even though the image is still there. Have seen this before so will continue to play with it.

It links to http://s1345.photobucket.com/user/SD2012/media/WalletimagecopyforBTT_zpszerczdon.gif
Which gives an error. Isn't a dev supposed to fix such simple errors?

Re-upload the image to imgur.com and try again... *sigh*
SDHarley (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2017, 06:49:36 PM

Don't sigh at me I know how to link to images  Roll Eyes I'm merely wondering why the photbucket link has suddenly stopped. Thought perhaps it was a sharing problem but apparently not.

toygg

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 01:34:22 PM

I can not send my SOCC to Yobit since the wallet status of SOCC is stated as "Maintenance" which forbids me from sending my SOCC. Can some1 pls assist me? I really want to start trading some SOCC?
yosir

Activity: 260

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 01:55:45 PM

I can not send my SOCC to Yobit since the wallet status of SOCC is stated as "Maintenance" which forbids me from sending my SOCC. Can some1 pls assist me? I really want to start trading some SOCC?
Simply don't use Yobit... it's one of the worst... I know projects that people's coins were stucked there for weeks... "in maintenance"... Roll Eyes
kydub

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 02:07:50 PM

Simply don't use Yobit... it's one of the worst... I know projects that people's coins were stucked there for weeks... "in maintenance"... Roll Eyes

I agree with yosir and also recommend avoiding yobit whenever possible.  Yobit is known for it's many wallet maintenance mode issues, not just with this coin. Many people suggest it's a scam on yobit's part to keep your coins. I'm not sure if there is any truth in that. My understanding is the wallets automatically go into maintenance mode when the blocks stop moving. The good news is it looks like the blocks are moving again so I imagine the wallet should open up soon but it's up to yobit. You can try contacting them but you'll probably just have to wait it out. There are many higher quality exchanges. Unfortunately, for now SOCC is only on yobit and nova, which has very small volume compared to yobit.
Parsa1

Activity: 225
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 04:42:34 PM

Hi dev,

Are you going to implement masternode for this coin ? If yes how many coin is needed for a masternode.
I invest only in masternode coins.

Thank you.

the-doctor

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 11:55:26 AM

+1 for masternode option I think it is very nice for this coin to get tracktion. Second I would suggest is Cryptopia, I am repeting myself but Yobit is such a not reliable exchange. I have 2 coins stucked there in withdrawal more than 1 month so you need better exchanges. And third why not bounties for development help. It is hard for 1 man to run big project with large scale goals..

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
SDHarley (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2017, 10:35:13 PM

Sorry guys but part of the problem here is that you don't appear to know how coins work. 'Maintenance' status wallets have got nothing to do with Yobit's approach. It's because the blockchain is slow. I've said this sooo many times.

the-doctor

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 09:50:27 PM

Sorry guys but part of the problem here is that you don't appear to know how coins work. 'Maintenance' status wallets have got nothing to do with Yobit's approach. It's because the blockchain is slow. I've said this sooo many times.

Are u trying to act as smartass or what? Your coin is loosing tracking cause of your inflexibility and unable to hear the people how give you some suggestions. I am trader not developer. And what I know probably more than you (having many pairs on Yobit and almoust all exchanges) is that on other exchanges transactions are made on many pairs and same on Yobit wallets are on maintanance. Are you aware of that? Maybe SOCC is not that case but that doesnt change the given fact that Yobit is shady exchange. You need to know that you need better exchanges but I am starting to give up of this project cause of your lack of sence for community and smartassing. Masternode is sustainability especially on shortterm, third you act alone not trying to involve community nor other team members. Are you greedy? No success my friend in that directions. Don't want to promot other coins where I contribute to point examples for you... as I see you would have answer for all so it seems that it has no point

SDHarley (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2017, 07:41:49 AM

Are u trying to act as smartass or what? Your coin is loosing tracking cause of your inflexibility and unable to hear the people how give you some suggestions. I am trader not developer. And what I know probably more than you (having many pairs on Yobit and almoust all exchanges) is that on other exchanges transactions are made on many pairs and same on Yobit wallets are on maintanance. Are you aware of that? Maybe SOCC is not that case but that doesnt change the given fact that Yobit is shady exchange. You need to know that you need better exchanges but I am starting to give up of this project cause of your lack of sence for community and smartassing. Masternode is sustainability especially on shortterm, third you act alone not trying to involve community nor other team members. Are you greedy? No success my friend in that directions. Don't want to promot other coins where I contribute to point examples for you... as I see you would have answer for all so it seems that it has no point

I've engaged with the community via the Slack and, in the early weeks, we were working together. As appears to be the norm, most of those people have withdrawn and disappeared without trace. A few remain, and to them I am grateful, but some who were involved from the start appeared to have lost interest, so lecture somebody else on morals please  Roll Eyes

And I maintain that the Yobit 'maintenance' status at least in SOCC's case is entirely down to the blockchain. Whenever it moves, I have seen the exchange wallet status update fairly immediately to 'online'.

toygg

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 07:28:05 AM

Which mining pool is still active? I would like to start mining for a while to see if it helps to kick start the blockchain again. PM me or reply.
the-doctor

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 12:31:03 PM

I've engaged with the community via the Slack and, in the early weeks, we were working together. As appears to be the norm, most of those people have withdrawn and disappeared without trace. A few remain, and to them I am grateful, but some who were involved from the start appeared to have lost interest, so lecture somebody else on morals please  Roll Eyes

And I maintain that the Yobit 'maintenance' status at least in SOCC's case is entirely down to the blockchain. Whenever it moves, I have seen the exchange wallet status update fairly immediately to 'online'.

Ok I understand you. You do everything great but... it is just faith.. the gods don't want this coin for now, so hopefully faith will turn arround at some point and you should wait, maybe light a candle would help :-)

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 »
  Print  

Jump to: