Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:23:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ASUS MINING-RX470-4G  (Read 14541 times)
sstercan (OP)

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 09:16:34 AM

today i get information about new mining card from asus.
specs:
MINING-RX470-4G
AMD RadeonTM RX 470
OpenGL® 4.5
4GB GDDR5
Boost clock : 1206 MHz Base clock :926 MHz
7000 MHz (1750 MHz GDDR5)
256 bit
1 x Native DVI-D
1*8pin
ASUS GPU Tweak II & Driver
The card size is 24.0 x 13.0 x 3.89 cm The card size is 9.4 x 5.1 x 1.5 inches

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fonship

Activity: 893
Merit: 135

Bitcoin is not a currency or asset. Its a MOVEMENT

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2017, 04:05:17 AM

i also found this on official link, any idea about release date or rates?
https://www.asus.com/Graphics-Cards/MINING-RX470-4G/

selling sushistake.com, send offers
Guvn0r

Activity: 647
Merit: 274

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 10:12:31 AM

Thanks for the link.. I was waiting to see something official.. This is great news because I was waiting to buy a huge number of mining cards anyway. Thanks again man.
Ahead

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

IT Solutions Architect

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 11:20:21 AM

Any info on the price range?

QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 06:04:12 PM

No data on availability or price available that I've found.

Also, why did they put SLOW MEMORY on a "mining" card?

This thing better be LOW COST if they expect it to sell - though given current "availability" issues, they probably will get away with it even if it's not for a while....

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
Vann

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 06:21:10 PM

This thing better be LOW COST if they expect it to sell - though given current "availability" issues, they probably will get away with it even if it's not for a while....

It's based on the RX 470 4GB which has the same memory clock and is already the best cost/hash mining card on the planet.
baskanx

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 01:39:31 AM

There is a lot of demand in Turkey

How much is the price ?
QuintLeo
Legendary

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 07:54:15 AM

It's based on the RX 470 4GB which has the same memory clock and is already the best cost/hash mining card on the planet.

Not at CURRENT pricing on the RX 470 - when you can find them at all - and only ever was true for ETH/ETC/derivatives and possibly a very few "small-market-cap" coins if you limit the list to NEW cards.
 (My R9 290s cost me $180 from Newegg in a timeframe that the lowest-cost RX 470 there was the SAME price, but outhash pretty much all RX 480s much less RX 470s).

Prior to the current "AMD shortage price gouge" the 470 *could* at least argue that point - though a lot of low-cost 480 and 580 cards could argue the point due to higher hashrate and not much higher price.

What's odd is that they have this card and the 106 Nvidia varient listed on their "main" website - but they direct US customers by default to www.asus.com/us/ by default (and I have not found a workaround for the main web page to date, just for "further in" ones) which does NOT list these cards at all.

The odder part is that it's 470 based instead of 570 based - I wonder if that's why some rumors are talking about "limited run", the GPU chips might be comming from previously rejected chips that were fine EXCEPT for the video-specific part of the chip?

Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 07:58:30 AM

It must be rx470, no way they will label rx 570 as rx 570 is a new series, they don't want to taint its name. These mining cards are all second grade hardware, trust me, reason why they are giving 3 months warranty. They just want to get rid of defective things and no better than the desperate stupid miners hehe. If I were you I would boycott it and stick with gaming gpu's.

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
Vann

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 11:03:20 AM
Last edit: June 26, 2017, 11:14:24 AM by Vann

Not at CURRENT pricing on the RX 470 - when you can find them at all - and only ever was true for ETH/ETC/derivatives and possibly a very few "small-market-cap" coins if you limit the list to NEW cards.
 (My R9 290s cost me $180 from Newegg in a timeframe that the lowest-cost RX 470 there was the SAME price, but outhash pretty much all RX 480s much less RX 470s).

Prior to the current "AMD shortage price gouge" the 470 *could* at least argue that point - though a lot of low-cost 480 and 580 cards could argue the point due to higher hashrate and not much higher price.

What's odd is that they have this card and the 106 Nvidia varient listed on their "main" website - but they direct US customers by default to www.asus.com/us/ by default (and I have not found a workaround for the main web page to date, just for "further in" ones) which does NOT list these cards at all.

The odder part is that it's 470 based instead of 570 based - I wonder if that's why some rumors are talking about "limited run", the GPU chips might be comming from previously rejected chips that were fine EXCEPT for the video-specific part of the chip?

No, it's based on the fact that a $200 RX 470/570 4 GB card has the best cost/hash performance for just about any algorithm. The R9 for the same price as a RX 470 is based on that the R9 is a two year old card, uses twice the power and is not as efficient in cost/hash to a RX 470 when the power consumption is factored in. I have all three RX 480/580 8GB and 570 4GB cards and the performance difference for just about any algorithm is not worth the extra ~$50 for the RX 480/580. Nvidia options are nowhere near the RX 470/570 4GB in a cost/hash basis, which why I said the RX 470 4GB is the best mining card for the price on just about any algorithm.
Mattthev

Activity: 966
Merit: 359

👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2017, 11:11:24 AM

I don't have the Asus Expedition edition, but it looks like Asus Dual and those fans are terrible! GPU quality also isn't the best but still good. They should made the mining card with Strix cooling.

Mining Bios with Performance Timings 👍 Mining-Bios.euPBE 1.7PBE 3 PRO👌⛏│AFFILIATE system 10% ref 💰💲BTC│👉 XMR-AEON-STAK 🔝⛏ Monero V9 (CNv4) ✅│XMRig AMD🔝⛏ CNv4 ✅
FIAT from BINANCE to REVOLUT 💳│🚀Upcoming/Active ICO list📈🤑│👉Free Bitcoin BTC Faucet💰💲│Guides:RX 470/480/570/580, VEGA Bios Mod Tutorial - SRB, PBE 💰💲│PBE.eu
CRYPTO to FIAT BTC💲💳│ How to Mine XMR/RYO and CN coins + Miners Downloads💰⛏│Guides:How to Mine AEON💰⛏
monerobiosedit@gmail.com│✅Did I help you? Give me some +Merit 🤜🤛👌
QuintLeo
Legendary

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 04:58:24 PM

No, it's based on the fact that a $200 RX 470/570 4 GB card has the best cost/hash performance for just about any algorithm

But try FINDING a 470/570 at $200 for the last month.
 I also disagree with the "just about any algorithm" part of that statement, though they WERE competitive to superior on the algos used in most or all of the LARGE MARKET CAP coins on both a hahs/$ and a hash/watt basis *IF YOU MODDED THE BIOS*, and fairly close even on non-modded cards.

I do suspect they'll sell the things without a problem for a while - just based on there not being enough cards to go around at all - but once the "crash" happens, they're going to have to price them quite a bit less than the consumer version to get any sales at all due to the very very low resale value.

Vann

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 05:14:44 PM
Last edit: June 26, 2017, 05:38:52 PM by Vann

No, it's based on the fact that a $200 RX 470/570 4 GB card has the best cost/hash performance for just about any algorithm

I also disagree with the "just about any algorithm" part of that statement, though they WERE competitive to superior on the algos used in most or all of the LARGE MARKET CAP coins on both a hahs/$ and a hash/watt basis *IF YOU MODDED THE BIOS*, and fairly close even on non-modded cards.

I do suspect they'll sell the things without a problem for a while - just based on there not being enough cards to go around at all - but once the "crash" happens, they're going to have to price them quite a bit less than the consumer version to get any sales at all due to the very very low resale value.

Actually I bought four new Powercolor Red Dragon RX 570 4 GB cards for $190 each less than two weeks ago. If you buy the cards right and don't give in to the hype, then I don't think that will change. You also keep saying the RX 470/570 is only good for certain algorithms, first only for ETH based coins and "small-market-cap coins" and now you say the opposite LARGE MARKET CAP coins. Modding the memory timings only affects memory based algorithms. For others like Equihash it has almost no effect. How about you just name an algorithm and a card that supposedly does better than a RX 470/470 4GB card on a cost/hash basis?
jmigdlc99

Activity: 784
Merit: 282

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2017, 05:45:18 PM

Anyone already have this on-hand? Would like to know if there is significant increase in hash rate compared to normal rx 470s. Thanks

0xacBBa937A57ecE1298B5d350f40C0Eb16eC5fA4B
newtybar

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 06:43:28 PM

Actually I bought four new Powercolor Red Dragon RX 570 4 GB cards for $190 each less than two weeks ago. If you buy the cards right and don't give in to the hype, then I don't think that will change. You also keep saying the RX 470/570 is only good for certain algorithms, first only for ETH based coins and "small-market-cap coins" and now you say the opposite LARGE MARKET CAP coins. Modding the memory timings only affects memory based algorithms. For others like Equihash it has almost no effect. How about you just name an algorithm and a card that supposedly does better than a RX 470/470 4GB card on a cost/hash basis?

RX cards are going to be obsolete for mining Ether in a few months...increase in DAG size.
Juggar

Activity: 242
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 06:57:08 PM

Anyone already have this on-hand? Would like to know if there is significant increase in hash rate compared to normal rx 470s. Thanks

How can there be? Look at it! read the specs! Stock its not going to be any faster!

Its irrelevant anyway, too little too late. The only feasible choice for new cards is Nvidia. Their 1060 mining card makes more sense in that aspect.
Vann

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 07:03:04 PM

RX cards are going to be obsolete for mining Ether in a few months...increase in DAG size.

That is nonsense based on Claymore future epoch benchmarks, which are only an estimate and in my own testing I found to be overstated. It also assumes that there is nothing AMD can do from a driver or Bios update issue to correct the problem. From a hardware platform standpoint, I don't think there is anything that keeps AMD from being able to address it.

This video does a good job explaining why the Dag epoch issue with the RX cards is overstated. Even if the Dag issue is not corrected, there are at least 6 months left where the RX series can mine ETH and dual mine with other coins effectively compared to other alternatives on a cost/hash basis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQE9WdhupAg
Juggar

Activity: 242
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 07:12:16 PM

That is nonsense based on Claymore future epoch benchmarks, which are only an estimate and in my own testing I found to be overstated. It also assumes that there is nothing AMD can do from a driver or Bios update issue to correct the problem. From a hardware platform standpoint, I don't think there is anything that keeps AMD from being able to address it.

This video does a good job explaining why the Dag epoch issue with the RX cards is overstated. Even if the Dag issue is not corrected, there are at least 6 months left where the RX series can mine ETH and dual mine with other coins effectively compared to other alternatives in a cost/hash basis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQE9WdhupAg

We've already seen the drops from recent epochs... why the fuck take a chance when you can sell you AMD cards for a free upgrade to a 1070? Doesn't make sense does it? If you have the capability to help yourself, and get more performance all at no cost to you, why wouldn't you do it?

Loosers.
fonship

Activity: 893
Merit: 135

Bitcoin is not a currency or asset. Its a MOVEMENT

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2017, 07:18:42 PM

Thanks for the link.. I was waiting to see something official.. This is great news because I was waiting to buy a huge number of mining cards anyway. Thanks again man.

On the same link in mining series they are launcing nvidia mining card as well, MSI will also launch same mining series soon

selling sushistake.com, send offers
swogerino
Legendary

Activity: 3150
Merit: 1234

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 07:49:41 PM

Profitability is going down rapidly so it is a lost investment if you buy these cards now for mining you will not make ROI for at least 5-6 months for a card which is a big time in crypto. I can agree with you if you want to just mine coins and hold them for a future when price will  be higher.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄