Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 05:15:41 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BBQcoin.org Official Thread  (Read 18563 times)
K1773R
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008

/dev/null

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 09:20:41 PM

Talked to Jimmy at CryptoCoinTalk.com he has hidden the BBQCoin forum untill we get this worked out. At least no one will stumble upon the upgrade from there.
thanks, you got my support Wink

[GPG Public Key]
BTC/DVC/TRC/FRC: 1K1773RbXRZVRQSSXe9N6N2MUFERvrdu6y ANC/XPM AK1773RTmRKtvbKBCrUu95UQg5iegrqyeA NMC: NK1773Rzv8b4ugmCgX789PbjewA9fL9Dy1 LTC: LKi773RBuPepQH8E6Zb1ponoCvgbU7hHmd EMC: EK1773RxUes1HX1YAGMZ1xVYBBRUCqfDoF BQC: bK1773R1APJz4yTgRkmdKQhjhiMyQpJgfN
CaptChadd (OP)

Activity: 924
Merit: 1005

Product Marketing & Promotion / Software Developer

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 09:43:57 AM

What are you guys doing? You seem to be the ones that want to break BBQCoin and stop it from getting upgraded and move forward.

Bigduab you don't run BBQcoin.org so you cannot make decisions for it. And we are still to wait for your android wallet.

Why are you now going to the exchanges as a non Dev and telling them what to do?

All clients get updated and lots of users have already downloaded and started using the new client and you are trying to make it so that any coins they mine will be useful.

Your not a client development Dev so please stop acting like you are. Please.
K1773R
Legendary

/dev/null

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 11:04:12 AM
Last edit: October 08, 2013, 11:14:43 AM by K1773R

What are you guys doing? You seem to be the ones that want to break BBQCoin and stop it from getting upgraded and move forward.

Bigduab you don't run BBQcoin.org so you cannot make decisions for it. And we are still to wait for your android wallet.

Why are you now going to the exchanges as a non Dev and telling them what to do?

All clients get updated and lots of users have already downloaded and started using the new client and you are trying to make it so that any coins they mine will be useful.

Im sry but you cant call yourself dev by changing pictures and reading wiki's how to do changes to coins/copy changes from other coins...
What you did is worse than bbqcoin.com (He didnt wanna hardfork, you do. Your also PreMining, he didnt). You didnt even inform your (ex) dev-team (figroll + me) about what u planned to do, all we got froum you is big talk, no game.
Look what you have become, if you understand what you did you would be ashamed of yourself...
If you want to play shitcoin game -> stay with extremecoin, crimecoin and all the other things you copy pasted.
You also said you got a seednode which is a lie, basicly you just made a public bbqcoin daemon and gave everyone its IP. a seednode (DNS Seeder) is something completely different...

PS: this had to be said

[GPG Public Key]
BTC/DVC/TRC/FRC: 1K1773RbXRZVRQSSXe9N6N2MUFERvrdu6y ANC/XPM AK1773RTmRKtvbKBCrUu95UQg5iegrqyeA NMC: NK1773Rzv8b4ugmCgX789PbjewA9fL9Dy1 LTC: LKi773RBuPepQH8E6Zb1ponoCvgbU7hHmd EMC: EK1773RxUes1HX1YAGMZ1xVYBBRUCqfDoF BQC: bK1773R1APJz4yTgRkmdKQhjhiMyQpJgfN
vinne81

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 11:14:07 AM

Im sry but you cant call yourself dev by changing pictures and reading wiki's how to do changes to coins/copy changes from other coins...
What you did is worse than bbqcoin.com. You didnt even inform your (ex) dev-team (figroll + me) about what u planned to do, all we got froum you is big talk, no game.
Look what you have become, if you understand what you did you would be ashamed of yourself...
If you want to play shitcoin game -> stay with extremecoin, crimecoin and all the other things you copy pasted.
You also said you got a seednode which is a lie, basicly you just made a public bbqcoin daemon and gave everyone its IP. a seednode (DNS Seeder) is something completely different...

PS: this had to be said

The last real dev this coin had was Cubox... well dev... this coin is just a clone like all the others.

I really hope none of you guys (especially CC, who seems to think God has selected him to resurrect this coin over and over again) think this coin will ever become worth anything again  Smiley
K1773R
Legendary

/dev/null

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 11:16:00 AM

yea, there wasnt much going on. id had some things i wanted to fix/backport but all i got "nice you working on that" but no "ok, merge it"...

[GPG Public Key]
CaptChadd (OP)

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 01:10:37 PM

yea, there wasnt much going on. id had some things i wanted to fix/backport but all i got "nice you working on that" but no "ok, merge it"...

BBQcoin when developed by CuBox or Greedie or whoever it was just a basic clone from litecoin and even had the same Litecoin logo, so it is nothing amazingly special but my client updates are an attempt to bring this coin back in line with the others in terms of speed and security.

The pre-mine that was mentioned is just not so. It is people downloading the new client that they should be doing and then mining on it.

If the exchanges don't upgrade to the new client then they are the ones letting this coin down. I am trying to bring new things into the client with this update just basic changes with more complex ones to come.

Extremecoin is nothing to do with BBQcoin but it is on several exchanges with an exciting reward drop.

If the general feeling from more than two people is that they don't want the update then fine I will revert everything to the old client and we can watch BQC slowly die.

But having BigDuab take it upon himself to post everywhere telling everyone not to download the new client and emailing exchanges telling them the same is undermining, not fair on the users downloading the new client and counter productive.
bigdaub

Activity: 179

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 02:26:24 PM

BBQcoin when developed by CuBox or Greedie or whoever it was just a basic clone from litecoin and even had the same Litecoin logo, so it is nothing amazingly special but my client updates are an attempt to bring this coin back in line with the others in terms of speed and security.

The pre-mine that was mentioned is just not so. It is people downloading the new client that they should be doing and then mining on it.

If the exchanges don't upgrade to the new client then they are the ones letting this coin down. I am trying to bring new things into the client with this update just basic changes with more complex ones to come.

Extremecoin is nothing to do with BBQcoin but it is on several exchanges with an exciting reward drop.

If the general feeling from more than two people is that they don't want the update then fine I will revert everything to the old client and we can watch BQC slowly die.

But having BigDuab take it upon himself to post everywhere telling everyone not to download the new client and emailing exchanges telling them the same is undermining, not fair on the users downloading the new client and counter productive.

Please stop. Your combination of arrogance and ignorance is tiring. You cannot play the victim card. If you wanted changes in the client you go about it in the appropriate way. You make a pull request then get feedback from the community. Only after a majority consensus is the pull merged. This is a very big deal! The crypto community is built upon opensource code, decentralization and trust. Your update is centralized and violates the communities trust. You created a separate git-hub repository, made core changes to the code, creates an instant hard-fork, told everyone that the new client was mandatory and did this while our biggest tool for communication was down. When I contacted Cryptsy their reply was "... did not update due to the lack of a github..." Even Cryptsy new it wasn't done right.

You have violated my trust. You have violated the communities trust. Don't expect us to be okay with it.
12gaFacelift

Activity: 277
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 02:36:19 PM

thank you for all but now like many other people i dont know what to do with the coin i have. Update or not update there is the question Undecided

Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience. ~ *CANADA ONLY* Colloidal Silver Wire Rod - 12 Gauge Pure Silver .9999 - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=775964.0

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=731923.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1323657.0
dreamwatcher
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2013, 03:25:31 PM

This makes for some nice drama reading, but the question remains.

I guess I was not not privileged enough to get any notice of a hard fork (For those that do not know I own/run bbq.cryptocoinexplorer.com).

AFAIK I am the only working block explorer for BBQ. The explorer linked to on BBQcoin.org has been frozen since JULY. (478500 2013-07-04 15:31:38)

These leaves me in tough situation, and I am tempted to take down the explorer until this matter is settled, as there now seems no consensus on which client/chain is the official.

CaptChadd (OP)

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 03:50:38 PM

I guess I was not not privileged enough to get any notice of a hard fork (For those that do not know I own/run bbq.cryptocoinexplorer.com).

AFAIK I am the only working block explorer for BBQ. The explorer linked to on BBQcoin.org has been frozen since JULY. (478500 2013-07-04 15:31:38)

These leaves me in tough situation, and I am tempted to take down the explorer until this matter is settled, as there now seems no consensus on which client/chain is the official.

This is the BBQcoin.org official thread so the client and source at BBQcoin.org is official.

Cryptsy have contacted me asking for the new client source and I have given them the link.

The website was updated with a post about the client update, also on cryptocointalk but I was going to wait until this forum came back online but then people kept saying it was never going to come back online so I posted the client update news on what I could.

I am sorry that you did not get notified.
figroll

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 04:31:31 PM

So when did the following become the unofficial download sites then?

http://sourceforge.net/projects/bbqcoin

https://github.com/overware/BBQCoin

http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=bbqcoin

I certainly was not notified of the change.
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2013, 04:52:07 PM

The way I find out whether a coin is updated, usually, is simply to go through all my coin source directories doing a git pull on each. The ones for which the git pull pulls new code are evidently updated.

Now though it is sounding as if there might not even be any particular github repo that is the one updates are pushed to Huh

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
K1773R
Legendary

/dev/null

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 05:03:35 PM

The way I find out whether a coin is updated, usually, is simply to go through all my coin source directories doing a git pull on each. The ones for which the git pull pulls new code are evidently updated.

Now though it is sounding as if there might not even be any particular github repo that is the one updates are pushed to Huh

-MarkM-

nope it seems to be closed source?!

[GPG Public Key]
K1773R
Legendary

/dev/null

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 05:05:44 PM

well my Abe has BBQ too (http://darkgamex.ch:2571) and neither i nor figroll have been notified. nobody has been notified at all nor any information alike.
i (as almost anybody else) will stick to the actual bbq, not some stolen shit (just like bbqcoin.com tried back then)

[GPG Public Key]
K1773R
Legendary

/dev/null

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 05:06:29 PM

So when did the following become the unofficial download sites then?

http://sourceforge.net/projects/bbqcoin

https://github.com/overware/BBQCoin

http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=bbqcoin

I certainly was not notified of the change.
according to CC, anything he says is written into stone, if he says hes new update is official then it must be "official", so sad...

[GPG Public Key]
12gaFacelift

Activity: 277
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 05:10:32 PM

Just a little question, other than CC who is dev in BBQ?

Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience. ~ *CANADA ONLY* Colloidal Silver Wire Rod - 12 Gauge Pure Silver .9999 - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=775964.0

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=731923.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1323657.0
bigdaub

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 05:26:59 PM

K1773R and figroll have been maintaining the official github repo https://github.com/overware/BBQCoin This has been the official repo for the last 8 months. I have been working on the Android wallet. We are very close, just need a dns seeder. https://github.com/bigdaub/bbqcoin-wallet Hank created the Litecoin and Feathercoin Android wallets. He has been cleaning up my code Smiley CaptChadd decided he didn't like  the 8 month old repo and created his own 5 days ago! https://github.com/CaptChadd/BBQcoin Apparently he believes if you own the .org website of any coin you technically own the coin.
bigdaub

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 05:39:34 PM

And because of this myself, K1773R and figroll will be supporting The Original BBQCoin from bbqcoinfoundation.org  
aa

Activity: 544
Merit: 500

Litecoin is right coin

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2013, 06:26:00 PM
Last edit: October 08, 2013, 07:15:35 PM by aa

Listen up, fools. If you have access to all of the official repos and website, make a new damned thread. In fact, I'm going to make a new damned thread with the correct information in it, and all you fools have to do is keep it bumped (above this one, especially).

Problem solved.

Here we go: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=307923.0

trdiablo

Activity: 540
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 07:06:31 PM

You guys all sound like a bunch of 5 year old drama queens.

And you are arguing over a coin that is worth less and less everyday.
If you don't agree soon you will have nothing to argue about as the coin will be worthless.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: