Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 06:29:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Would you give bitcoin as a wedding gift?
Yes - 168 (66.7%)
No - 72 (28.6%)
I don't care - 12 (4.8%)
Total Voters: 252

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Would you give bitcoin as a wedding gift?  (Read 17929 times)
Windpower

Activity: 532
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 07:33:31 AM

To be completely honest, I wouldn't give away my Bitcoin to anyone really.(Unless there was some sort of serious emergency) Bitcoin is definitely an investment for me and you don't see many people just giving away their investments. The point of an investment that is long term, like Bitcoin, is for you to hold onto it for a long time until the time is right to sell. Also, giving Bitcoin as a gift is like giving money as a gift, yes the person can do whatever they want with it, but it shows that you don't really care about them or just weren't bothered to actually get them a present. Also, I don't know many people that use Bitcoin, and the ones I do know, are either already married or aren't even in a relationship.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
eann014

Activity: 1078
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 07:47:46 AM

If they have a bitcoin wallet, then why not give them some of your bitcoin? it is not bad to give some of it and I think newly weds will also appreciate your gift because you still give effort to give a gift to them and if they already know about bitcoin and they also have bitcoin, for sure they will really love your give and save it for their budget for their honeymoon.  Grin
timerland

Activity: 1526
Merit: 596

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 08:08:02 AM

Some tech-savvy wedding-goers are gifting the digital currency to new couples. Honeyfund, a honeymoon registry that allows guests to give cash rather than gifts, has seen more than a dozen customers donate in bitcoin, said chief executive officer and co-founder Sara Margulis. In recent years, more than a dozen customers have chosen to route donations to the site from bitcoin wallets. Zola, a wedding registry website, has had just two cash funds created for bitcoins since 2013, a spokeswoman said. "I would expect it to pop more as millennials come into the wedding age,” Honeyfund’s Margulis said. “It’s something you will do if your friends and family are already into bitcoin.

Bitcoin as an retirement plan, bitcoin to secure the future of your kids, and now bitcoin as a wedding gift. Whether or not bitcoin replaces cash in future, it looks like the trend of gifting bitcoin instead of cash at weddings is definitely going to catch up and more wedding registeries would be adding bitcoin as a gifting option.

Avoid using a wedding gift "as an opportunity to proselytize a technology you personally believe in, but the recipient could not care less about."

People who are not into bitcoin might not appreciate getting a volatile currency as a gift, and might never use it, thus adding it to the list of lost coins, but I think people who are already using bitcoin or would most probably use it in future then bitcoin instead of cash is the apt wedding gift for them.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/would-you-give-bitcoin-as-a-wedding-gift-2017-06-27

I voted yes.

With the current influx of great wallet interfaces that make bitcoining so much simpler than it was ever before, i think that it is fair to say that giving people some bitcoins so that they can try out the technology and get to know the future of banking is a great idea.

I dont necessarily think that we should avoid giving bitcoin to people that don't know abotu it. In fact that's the main way how others get to know about bitcoin and become interested in it - by word of mouth and gifts.

Don't be lame though, be creative with your bitcoin gift ideas on a wedding day...

Smiley
ladydark

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 08:20:46 AM

That would be a valuable gift indeed.I think in today's situation where bitcoin is being legalized every where,it would be meaningful to give such a gift.We could wish them that their life should also progress just like bitcoin with hope that bitcoin price would increase more.

pacifista

Activity: 812

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 08:24:39 AM

Maybe if the couple knows about bitcoin and they been using it for a long time before they decided to get married. Maybe im the only one who have the most unique gift in thier wedding day.
speem28

Activity: 546
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 08:28:11 AM

Well, I can't really say though, but I guess I'm neutral on this one. It's okay for me as the one who will receive the gift to accept any kind of gifts as long as they mean it. Be it cash or materials things and honestly if I'll choose what wedding gift I will give? I think I'll go for material things because I feel like it will give more value and appreciation to the new couple than to give bitcoin instead. This is just my opinion tho.
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 08:30:14 AM

I would consider it if I knew the couple was into crypto or interested enough into it to be willing to get hold of some.

Whether you give money or bitcoin worth the equivalent shouldn't matter in that case imo.
mihohil

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 08:35:06 AM

I didn't think about it before, but if it's a wedding of IT-family, why not? both of them know how much does it cost and I think thay will be happy  Cheesy
IGNation

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

★Adconity.com★

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 08:56:25 AM

I will but to a friend that knows the concept of bitcoin not just to anyone so that my bitcoin won't go to waste, but if my special friends cannot understand bitcoin and doesn't have any interest in using it i'll just buy a gift that my friend will like and appreciate.

Baofeng
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1658

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 09:02:22 AM

I don't think its wise to give bitcoin as a wedding gift, IMHO. Specially if the couples don't know about bitcoin in the first place. I think the best option is to give them fiat instead.  Or maybe give some things that they can value specially they are starting from scratch. like a TV or some appliances.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
mcman

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 09:04:07 AM

I don't think its wise to give bitcoin as a wedding gift, IMHO. Specially if the couples don't know about bitcoin in the first place. I think the best option is to give them fiat instead.  Or maybe give some things that they can value specially they are starting from scratch. like a TV or some appliances.

A gift is supposed to be something thoughtful and money or bitcoin isn't really such a thing. If you give them the gift of bitcoin it feels like you are trying to sell them your idea of an investment rather than helping them.
Adbitco

Activity: 1428
Merit: 653

Always Act Smart and Play Safe With Your Funds

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2017, 09:10:14 AM

If the recipient is as much into bitcoin as you yourself are then why not of course it would be a cool idea giving someone bitcoin as wedding gift and then it wouldn't be limited to gifting it only as wedding gift but also on other occasions too you can gift your family and friends bitcoin on their birthdays, various other festivals like Christmas etc. Just make sure that the person at the receiving end understands the value and significance of digital currency as you do otherwise there are chances of your bitcoin getting lost forever are high.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Humanxlemming

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 09:27:19 AM

Well I don't know why at the first time I saw this, I've laughed so hard but after I've understand the question I stopped laughing. Maybe I could give bitcoin as a wedding gift if I have any on my wallet. But it is a wedding gift so it should be given on that specific time after or during the wedding. I could sell my bitcoin on my country's currency and give money or buy gifts to the newly wed couple. 
shine1123

Activity: 490

🤖UBEX.COM 🤖

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 09:31:14 AM

I will if the person who held wedding is my friend, it will suprise him/her though lol. Anti mainstream wedding gift to bitcoin user too. But it will cost much though, 1 bitcoin price is around $2500 lol. But if you give the groom a bitcoin, its like giving money to a child though. cmiiw.

GLOBAL DECENTRALIZED ADVERTISING EXCHANGE

Token sale: MAY 21

▄█▄      ▄█▄        
                                 █████    █████       
                        ▄██▄     ▀█▀      ▀█▀        
                ▄█▄    ▀██▀                           
         ▄     ▀█▀                        ▄█▄        
        ▀█▀                      ▄█▄     █████       
                        ▄██▄    █████     ▀█▀        
   ██          ▄█▄    ▀██▀     ▀█▀                  
         ▄     ▀█▀                        ▄█▄        
        ▀█▀                      ▄█▄     █████       
                        ▄██▄    █████     ▀█▀        
   ██          ▄█▄    ▀██▀     ▀█▀                  
                ▀█▀                                    
          ▄                      ▄█▄      ▄█▄        
         ▀█▀           ▄██▄    █████    █████       
   ██          ▄█▄    ▀██▀     ▀█▀      ▀█▀        
                ▀█▀                                    
           ▄                      ▄█▄     ▄█▄        
          ▀█▀            ▄██▄   █████   █████       
    ██            ▄█▄   ▀██▀    ▀█▀     ▀█▀        
             ▄    ▀█▀                                 
            ▀█▀                         ▄█▄           
       ██              ▄█▄   ▄██▄    █████          
                  ▄    ▀█▀   ▀██▀     ▀█▀           
                 ▀█▀                                   
            ██                   ▄██▄                 
                    ▄     ▄█▄   ▀██▀                 
                   ▀█▀    ▀█▀                          

▄█   ▄█  ▄█        ▄█████▄   ▀█▄     ▄█▀
██   ██  ██▄▄▄▄▄   ██▀   ▀██    ▀█▄  ▄█▀
██   ██  ██▀▀▀▀██  ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ████   
██   ██  ██   ██  ██▄   ▄█    ▄██▀▀██▄  
▀██████▀  ▀██████▀  ▀███████▀   ▄██▀   ▀██▄
Telegram
Facebook
ANN Thread
Youtube
LinkedIn
Twitter
Medium
Reddit
Github
bitcoinstress

Activity: 228

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2017, 09:31:36 AM

Giving bitcoin as a gift for your friend wedding is great idea maybe they will accept your gift if your friend is a bitcoin user.

SvenBomvolen

Activity: 588

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 09:42:45 AM

it's not wired at all! But it sounds funny to me  Cheesy
I had marriage four months before and as me, my wife is also making bitcoins on different ways. So, we are crypto-couple and of course if someone would present us bitcoin we would be happy! Especially we would be happy, cause of that time bitcoin's price was 800$ and today it's rolling around 3000$  Grin
AleSergio

Activity: 378

BuyAnyLight - Blockchain LED Marketplace

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 10:00:35 AM

Cmon who the hell need your bitcoin as a weeding gift really. Some people dont even know that it exist. Weeding is something special and i think you should give something very valuable as a memory to this person, deffinetly not bitcoin Cheesy

▄▄▄▄▄           
       ▄▄███████████▄▄     
   ▄▄███████████████████▄▄ 
 ▄█████████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████
████      ▀██▀  ▀██  ████████
████  ███   █    ██  ████████
████       █  ██  █  ████████
████  ███            ████████
████         █████        ███
█████████████████████████████
 ▀█████████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████████▀▀ 
       ▀▀███████████▀▀     
            ▀▀▀▀▀           
.BUYANYLIGHT.

Kronos21

Activity: 434
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 10:13:55 AM

In my country it is customary for the wedding to give things or cash. Very few people know what are bitcoins and it would be very long to explain what it is. I don't see the point to give bitcoins to people who don't believe in him.
FlightyPouch

Activity: 1638
Merit: 300

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 10:19:29 AM

I think giving 1 or 2 coins of bitcoin as a wedding gift in our country is not that bad. Bitcoins price now is so high and I think they will be thinking of using it in their honeymoon or maybe learn to trade for their future. Having a family is a hard task even for a couple especially to newly weds, I think I will go for trading when someone gave me bitcoins for a wedding gift.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████     
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████   
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
!
Flyyyy

Activity: 195

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 10:20:14 AM

In my country it is customary for the wedding to give things or cash. Very few people know what are bitcoins and it would be very long to explain what it is. I don't see the point to give bitcoins to people who don't believe in him.

Maybe such a gift will provoke a new interest among the newlyweds in the crypto currency. So one more crypto-currency family will be born.
I would give such a gift. And immediately would say how much it costs

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: