Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:51:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Would you give bitcoin as a wedding gift?
Yes - 168 (66.7%)
No - 72 (28.6%)
I don't care - 12 (4.8%)
Total Voters: 252

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Would you give bitcoin as a wedding gift?  (Read 17929 times)
Vixmore

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 05:14:44 AM

Well, this is a very interesting question in my opinion. The outcome of giving Bitcoin as a wedding gift can be both positive and negative. The only way I would be able to imagine this to work is that if any person inside of the recently married couple knows what Bitcoin is and how to use it. If you were to go up to them and give them 1/2 a BTC (an example...) and they had no idea what to do with it, it can be very awkward as they will then have to learn how to use it and it will eventually turn into more of a hassle then Cash or Wire transfers. Id say it greatly depends on the people you are giving it to.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
orions.belt19

Activity: 686
Merit: 146

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 07:17:07 AM

I've never considered giving out money as a gift for weddings, except maybe vouchers or gift certificates that I think would be suitable or may be useful for the couple. But I've never given money in itself as a gift, or have considered it before so I probably won't do the same for Bitcoin. Unless I would like to introduce Bitcoin to the couple, and giving it as a gift would be handy for them, then I probably would?
xianbits

Activity: 910
Merit: 257

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 07:29:56 AM
Last edit: July 05, 2017, 07:46:13 AM by xianbits

I would rather keep my bitcoin for myself and give another gift. With its potential, it's really hard for me to just give any single amount of satoshis. Aside from that, it would be appreciated more if you give tangible things like appliances and kitchenware as a present, I think.

Edited: But if the question goes like this "Would you accept bitcoin as a wedding gift?", I would be gladly say YES.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▌                          ▐
▌      ███████████████     ▐
▌      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▐
▌      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         ▐
▌      █████████████▄      ▐
▌      ████      ▀███▌     ▐
▌      ████       ▐███     ▐
▌      ████      ▄███▌     ▐
▌      █████████████▀      ▐
▌      ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀         ▐
▌      ████                ▐
▌      ████                ▐
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

ERSISTENCE
BUILDING THE BRIDGE ━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Protocol Powering
Next-Gen Financial Products
/            ━━━
Buy XPRT
\               ▄▄▄▄
          ▄██▀▀▀▀██▄
     ▄▄▄▄██▀      ▀██
  ▄██▀▀▀██▀        ▐█▌
 ██▀     █▀  ▄    ▄██
▐█▌        ▄██▄▄▄██▀
 ██▄      ▄██▀▀▀▀
  ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ 
     ▀▀▀▀   
DeFi

▄██▄  ▀████████▄
 ▄██▀▀██▄        ▀██▄
███    ▀██▄        ███
 ▀██▄    ▀██▄    ▄██▀
   ▀██▄    ▀██▄▄██▀
     ▀██▄    ▀██▀
       ▀██▄▄██▀
         ▀██▀
NFT

▄██▄
                  ▄██▀▀██▄
       ▄██▄     ▄██▀    ▀██▄
     ▄██▀▀██▄ ▄██▀        ▀██▄
   ▄██▀    █████            ▀██▄
 ▄██▀    ▄██▀ ▀██▄            ▀██▄
██▀    ▄███▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄
PoS

ANN | Twitter | Medium | GitHub
Reddit | YouTube | Discord
Telegram ANN | Telegram Community
niisarearning

Activity: 910
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 07:43:21 AM

I voted for yes it should be a nice gift they will remember for life time if bitcoin value goes high and the amount we are giving it will double or more than that . Even new couple and family start to look into bitcoin it is also kind of awareness.
mongkie

Activity: 630
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 07:51:49 AM

surely i would! it's like giving the newly weds a good fortune. with proper management and perseverance, that would be a great help! but give it with proper instruction and teach them to trade!

► HackenAI ◄ ♦ HackenAI - Personal Cybersecurity Application ♦ ► HackenAI ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Facebook|Twitter|Medium|Reddit|Telegram|Whitepaper
virasog
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1159

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 08:15:32 AM

I would, but only to a few very specific friends who are also very much interested in crypto-currencies.
And it wouldn't be the only gift I'd give them, giving Bitcoins is a bit unpersonal, but in the end, who doesn't like to get money....

I'd probably also give a selection of good altcoins.

I guess this will be good idea. And I will do the same thing, only for few friends whom I know interested in bitcoin or in web currency since I knew some of my friends who were in bitcoin mow and earning. I am excited now for then to get married and give them a gift of bitcoin. Also do not wait to get marry, we can give bitcoin gifts to our Girl friends also.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
BCTalkaccountforsale

Activity: 308
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 08:36:00 AM

that's an interesting question!! I have ever thought about it before. But I'm thinking there are still many more meaningful gifts. Cheesy And I will give them to my lover ^^
I agree with you, bitcoin as a source of income to help me make meaningful things for my lover and also my fiancé. I will use it to make her a surprise for her to make her happy.
opticalcarrier

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 09:33:54 AM

i wish to give bicoin as wedding gift,it is helpfull to them in future needs.bitcoin is very popular also they feel so  happy to receive this type of gifts.
EthBooksPro

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2017, 09:43:24 AM

No. There are chances that the couple won't have any idea on how to cash out the bitcoins. A good number of people have heard about btc, but they don't know how to buy or sell it...and where. Interesting question though! Grin

coerdy

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 10:55:29 AM

Yes, of course. I will give Bitcoin as the precious wedding gift for long-term recall. Also, wish the new couple to spread the bitcoin technology in the market. Some of the people don't wan't to give their bitcoins as which might be expensive.
Jordan_Hodge

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2017, 11:02:08 AM

What a great present.... You either understand BTC, in which case - great! Or, you dont understand it... in which case, a few years down the line and another BTC price explosion followed by press attention and you remember that you got some as a wedding present. At the time of the wedding the BTC was worth $100 when they re-discover it its $3000! What a great introduction to deflationary money Smiley
I am only going to give BTC as a wedding present from now on!!
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 11:07:17 AM

I don't give bitcoin as wedding gift atleast for me wedding gift has to be physically visible and also there should be some meaning for gift. But in other side i would love to receive bitcoin as a gift .

Lol. You are willing to receive bitcoin as a gift but you would not want to give a gift through bitcoin.  But I have the same sentiment with you, I will not trade my bitcoin to anything else.  I will not give it to someone because I know its potential.  Well I will buy something for a wedding that is memorable and really something good.  Like perhaps a trip to somewhere for their honeymoon.
ladydark

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 11:07:59 AM

Definitely,bitcoin would be a more valuable gift than any other jewels.We could give bitcoin as a wedding gift with a message that the life of newly married couples should progress as bitcoin.Bitcoin being tripled in its price in the last six months,it would be helpful for them as an investment in their future.

darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1345

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 08:39:22 PM

Definitely,bitcoin would be a more valuable gift than any other jewels.We could give bitcoin as a wedding gift with a message that the life of newly married couples should progress as bitcoin.Bitcoin being tripled in its price in the last six months,it would be helpful for them as an investment in their future.
Do you give jewels as wedding gifts in your country? In mine it's usually money or gift cards.
If I gave jewels to the bride, people would look at me like I was trying to make her regret choosing that guy. Giving jewelry to a woman is considered really personal and meaningful, only reserved for closest family.
I'd of course give bitcoin as a wedding gift. It's a great idea because its value can grow over time and if people are giving cash and you give electronic money, it makes you look more sophisticated Cool

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Zionatin

Activity: 906
Merit: 262

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 01:26:00 AM

I think the bride and groom should have bitcoon wedding rings with private key on the inside of the like the Lord of the rings rings.
s0beit

Activity: 556

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 02:18:31 AM

Its depend on the situation if the groom and bride they know about bitcoin i think yes i give bitcoin to them as my wedding gift. But is they don't know i will give them cash or i will buy a gift for them.
ufaiz50

Activity: 1666
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 02:28:33 AM

it depends whether they know bitcoin or not so we can easily ask the bitcoin address and give him bitcoin. I prefer a gift that could be useful to them or the gift they want especially for my best friend.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
chaser15
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1065

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 02:43:49 AM

People who are not into bitcoin might not appreciate getting a volatile currency as a gift, and might never use it, thus adding it to the list of lost coins, but I think people who are already using bitcoin or would most probably use it in future then bitcoin instead of cash is the apt wedding gift for them.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/would-you-give-bitcoin-as-a-wedding-gift-2017-06-27

If they know about bitcoin then it's a great gift especially if it's on physical form. It will not be used for spending purposes but for collectible purposes as it was nice to see bitcoin something on our displays. If they doesn't have an idea about bitcoin then just give them fiat money as it was the usual gift as part of their starting during their first phase of being a husband and wife.

I think the bride and groom should have bitcoon wedding rings with private key on the inside of the like the Lord of the rings rings.

Too much bitcoin enthusiast. Possible but I found it hassle. Cheesy Wedding is sacred and I don't want to ruined it by any means.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
doomloop

Activity: 2282
Merit: 581

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 08:02:56 AM

well bitcoin as a wedding gift is really important and a good gift according to me it will help the couple in future and will help them both to reduce their problems and they will keep it save for their future and will help them to buy all things they need for them so bitcoin as a wedding gift is really good according to me.

Ewinsane

Activity: 980
Merit: 523

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 08:02:50 PM

Some tech-savvy wedding-goers are gifting the digital currency to new couples. Honeyfund, a honeymoon registry that allows guests to give cash rather than gifts, has seen more than a dozen customers donate in bitcoin, said chief executive officer and co-founder Sara Margulis. In recent years, more than a dozen customers have chosen to route donations to the site from bitcoin wallets. Zola, a wedding registry website, has had just two cash funds created for bitcoins since 2013, a spokeswoman said. "I would expect it to pop more as millennials come into the wedding age,” Honeyfund’s Margulis said. “It’s something you will do if your friends and family are already into bitcoin.

Bitcoin as an retirement plan, bitcoin to secure the future of your kids, and now bitcoin as a wedding gift. Whether or not bitcoin replaces cash in future, it looks like the trend of gifting bitcoin instead of cash at weddings is definitely going to catch up and more wedding registeries would be adding bitcoin as a gifting option.

Avoid using a wedding gift "as an opportunity to proselytize a technology you personally believe in, but the recipient could not care less about."

People who are not into bitcoin might not appreciate getting a volatile currency as a gift, and might never use it, thus adding it to the list of lost coins, but I think people who are already using bitcoin or would most probably use it in future then bitcoin instead of cash is the apt wedding gift for them.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/would-you-give-bitcoin-as-a-wedding-gift-2017-06-27
When gifting you must always think of the other person first, so don’t gift bitcoins just because you like them, if the couple likes it and they have an interest in bitcoin, then you can gift some bitcoin to them, many will not know what that strange gift is but the couple will be grateful for it, just don’t give to them out of your personal stash or you may regret giving those coins.
I personally think that this will be a nice idea. Firstly, if they don’t know about Bitcoin, they will get to know about its amazing features. Secondly, that gift as a Bitcoin, they can keep those coins safe as an investment. And hopefully those btc will give them a handsome amount of profit by the years which will help them to live a comfortable life.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: