Bitcoin Forum
May 18, 2024, 03:22:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Would you give bitcoin as a wedding gift?
Yes - 168 (66.7%)
No - 72 (28.6%)
I don't care - 12 (4.8%)
Total Voters: 252

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Would you give bitcoin as a wedding gift?  (Read 17929 times)
Prettygirl01315

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 03:53:21 PM

Actually, I was getting married half a year ago, and I really hoped that one of my nerdy friends will give me a bitcoin as a present.
I guess it depends on the receiver, and what are his thoughts about bitcoin.
I agree that you shouldn't force your prefered investment on someone else, but if he is already into this - why not?!
I say: Go for it!

P.S
And if one of you want to give me a late wedding present, my address is in my profile  Tongue
Agree. I will only give bitcoin as a wedding gift to the newly weds if one of them knows how to handle bitcoin because it is more convenient to give it as a gift because if they don't know how to handle bitcoin, what is the point in giving bitcoin as a gift right? So, before giving it as a wedding gift, you must first make sure that either one of them is knowledgeable about bitcoin.
concept2

Activity: 750
Merit: 258

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 04:07:45 PM

I thought I would sell that BTC to buy a wedding gift. It is more necessary than you give them BTC while they do not know what Bitcoin is, it is rubbish for them.

If that is the case then you should give bitcoin as a gift to the couple or newly wed who were users of bitcoin.  Better yet if you will give it as a gift, consider wrapping a usb or a cd containing information about bitcoin.  Maybe if they will see the value of it they will appreciate it and will be so grateful for your gift.  I hope someone will give bitcoin to me as a gift when I got married.

It can be a wedding gift if bride and groom are the "Bitcoiners" Grin But if they don't even know what Bitcoin is and think it is a scam, your gift totally a rubbish to them. Maybe you sell Bitcoin or change it into cash and give it to them, they will more happy then you give them Bitcoin.
ActiveP

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 03:14:40 PM

Good idea, nothing wrong with it. I so wish someone will gift me some coins right now. It could lead to some lost coins, but if the gifter takes the time to educate the gifted about bitcoins, it could help with adoption. My feeling is assuming the price shoots up in a few years, the receiver interest will pique, assuming they forget all about the coins in the interim.
babysweetTiger0401

Activity: 777
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 03:22:16 PM

Some tech-savvy wedding-goers are gifting the digital currency to new couples. Honeyfund, a honeymoon registry that allows guests to give cash rather than gifts, has seen more than a dozen customers donate in bitcoin, said chief executive officer and co-founder Sara Margulis. In recent years, more than a dozen customers have chosen to route donations to the site from bitcoin wallets. Zola, a wedding registry website, has had just two cash funds created for bitcoins since 2013, a spokeswoman said. "I would expect it to pop more as millennials come into the wedding age,” Honeyfund’s Margulis said. “It’s something you will do if your friends and family are already into bitcoin.

Bitcoin as an retirement plan, bitcoin to secure the future of your kids, and now bitcoin as a wedding gift. Whether or not bitcoin replaces cash in future, it looks like the trend of gifting bitcoin instead of cash at weddings is definitely going to catch up and more wedding registeries would be adding bitcoin as a gifting option.

Avoid using a wedding gift "as an opportunity to proselytize a technology you personally believe in, but the recipient could not care less about."

People who are not into bitcoin might not appreciate getting a volatile currency as a gift, and might never use it, thus adding it to the list of lost coins, but I think people who are already using bitcoin or would most probably use it in future then bitcoin instead of cash is the apt wedding gift for them.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/would-you-give-bitcoin-as-a-wedding-gift-2017-06-27
Giving bitcoin as wedding gift in this occasion for the newly couples is only fine, if the couples are well knowledgeable into bitcoin like you they will be glad to accept it. But I agreed that if the couples re not well verse about in bitcoin they won't appreciate it because they don't know the value and significant of bitcoin.
Vaculin

Activity: 2898
Merit: 612

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 03:51:44 PM

I thought I would sell that BTC to buy a wedding gift. It is more necessary than you give them BTC while they do not know what Bitcoin is, it is rubbish for them.

If that is the case then you should give bitcoin as a gift to the couple or newly wed who were users of bitcoin.  Better yet if you will give it as a gift, consider wrapping a usb or a cd containing information about bitcoin.  Maybe if they will see the value of it they will appreciate it and will be so grateful for your gift.  I hope someone will give bitcoin to me as a gift when I got married.

It can be a wedding gift if bride and groom are the "Bitcoiners" Grin But if they don't even know what Bitcoin is and think it is a scam, your gift totally a rubbish to them. Maybe you sell Bitcoin or change it into cash and give it to them, they will more happy then you give them Bitcoin.

You have your point too.Much better if you will cash it out already before giving it to the newly wed.That would be a very big blessing to them.They would be so thankful about it.I myself would be so eager to give to the newly wed also my earned bitcoin if they are already aware about bitcoin.But if not,i prefer to hand them cash enough to start their own family.
Skieleton

Activity: 686
Merit: 282

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 08:10:38 PM

1 BTC as a wedding gift? The fact that a lot of money is a good start to life + may help young couple in the investment Smiley.
Hammonds

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 06:55:19 AM

For now I never thought of doing such a thing because I only have a little BTC, but maybe that will happen in the next few years when my BTC develops.
Osarman

Activity: 952
Merit: 503

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 02:22:20 AM

For now I never thought of doing such a thing because I only have a little BTC, but maybe that will happen in the next few years when my BTC develops.
I appreciate your love for your future better half and courage too for giving her so precious gift. It‘s not far away when people will start exchanging bitcoins on special occasions as means of greetings. Bitcoins are the diamonds of the digital world. Soon the whole world is going after bitcoins. They would be the most expensive ways of giving surprises or gifts to our beloved ones.
Smarty14392

Activity: 560
Merit: 286

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 04:19:58 AM

If the person getting married is a bitcoiner then he would love accepting his gifts in bitcoin. Personally, I would too accept bitcoin as a gift for my wedding but some people who dont know about bitcoin would not prefer it. Anyways its a gift so cant refuse. Bitcoin can really be used for retirement, securing future, education, etc
8Habits

Activity: 756
Merit: 294

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 05:38:39 PM

If the person getting married is a bitcoiner then he would love accepting his gifts in bitcoin. Personally, I would too accept bitcoin as a gift for my wedding but some people who dont know about bitcoin would not prefer it. Anyways its a gift so cant refuse. Bitcoin can really be used for retirement, securing future, education, etc

I am most likely certain that most of the communities in different countries know already the value and potential of bitcoins and for those who have not learn yet in the wedding area, you will get them excited and be able to help them in investing to one of the best investment online so far.
Rove_V

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 10:03:03 PM

I think it's very nice a gift but you need also pay attention who will that's gifft get, because you can maybe someone with that's gifft also hurt. It is only important that you pay attention whom you that's gifft giving.
Noilee

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 10:57:35 PM

Yes, i would give bitcoin as a wedding gift, this gift is precious to give for them because i know they appreciate bitcoin and they might investing in bitcoin, its an investing in the future. Someone that give you a bitcoin is a great thing because you work hard for it just to give it, and they will must appreciate the value of bitcoin. I'm make sure this gift i know they will ready to dive into cryptocurrencies. I hope couple appreciate this.
8Habits

Activity: 756

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 04:37:33 PM

Yes, i would give bitcoin as a wedding gift, this gift is precious to give for them because i know they appreciate bitcoin and they might investing in bitcoin, its an investing in the future. Someone that give you a bitcoin is a great thing because you work hard for it just to give it, and they will must appreciate the value of bitcoin. I'm make sure this gift i know they will ready to dive into cryptocurrencies. I hope couple appreciate this.

I will after the August 1 and see where bitcoin is heading and if it is heading upward trend, that is the time that I will send it as a wedding gift offer - I don't want to give them if I myself is not certain yet of what will happen after august 1.
FrankNoland
Copper Member

Activity: 560
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 05:13:15 PM

For me I think it will depend on whom I am giving it to. I wouldn't just give it to anyone unless very special. I value the value of my bitcoins.

Digital asset exchange for settlement, clearing, custody and trading of various digital assets, utilizing distributed ledger technologies, programmed on the blockchain -https://bex.global
doblok

Activity: 285

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 06:15:15 PM

Agree, This is a plan from the beginning I know about bitcoin and I've suggested to friends who already have BTC, I support it Grin Grin
yogaantoni

Activity: 156

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 06:41:25 PM

Things like I've ever thought about, but I have not been able to make it happen,
Since my Btc is not enough, maybe someday I will do it.
WEB slicer
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001

1NF4xXDDpMVmeazJxJDLrFxuJrCAT7CB1b

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 06:59:21 PM

İ never thinked about that. But it seems very interesting  Smiley Coz btc is costly gift. Everybody wants money as a gift. After that theme i decided to give btc for my brother's wedding. With it do what you want. The matter is in wedding day nobody knows what i'll give to brother

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░███████████████████████████████
░░░░░░░░███████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░███████████████████████████████████████
░░░░███████████████████████████████████████████
░░░████████████████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░▀▀███████████████
░░░██████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀████████████
░░████████████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░███████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
░░██████████
░░██████████
░░██████████
░░░██████████
░░░████████████░
░░░░█████████████████████████████████████
░░░░░▀███████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀█████████████████████████████
░░░░░▄▄██████████████████████████████████
░░░░█████████████████████████████████████
░░░████████████
░░███████████
░██████████▌
▐█████████▌
▐█████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
▐██████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████
░███████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░▐████████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░▐███████████████▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄▄████████████████
░░░░███████████████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░███████████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███

███
███

███
███
!
#
HOMEPAGE
ANNOUNCEMENT
JOIN US ON SLACK
Junko
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 07:12:16 PM

I would only give bitcoin as a wedding gift if the bride and groom specifically requested it. Depending on how well I knew either of the bride or groom, I may give bitcoin in addition to a traditional gift, I guess.

I do think bitcoin would make a great graduation gift for someone graduating from high school or college/university.
freedomsr40

Activity: 471
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 07:15:17 PM

If the couple really is into it, why not.

But surely I will get a nice physical coin then load the right amount to it myself.
malikusama
Copper Member

Activity: 1050

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 07:32:56 PM

In my perspective bitcoin would be the best gift for our kids as their wedding gift because they will get benefit of it in future and can make their lives much better using it. I will do so if i would have that much funds until my kids become young.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: