Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 06:52:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Would you give bitcoin as a wedding gift?
Yes - 168 (66.7%)
No - 72 (28.6%)
I don't care - 12 (4.8%)
Total Voters: 252

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Would you give bitcoin as a wedding gift?  (Read 17929 times)
dey90

Activity: 548
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 07:41:55 PM

I once thought If I had more, I would give it.
I will give it, but I see who gets married if he knows about bitcoin I will give it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Blessed7

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 12:02:39 PM

Some tech-savvy wedding-goers are gifting the digital currency to new couples. Honeyfund, a honeymoon registry that allows guests to give cash rather than gifts, has seen more than a dozen customers donate in bitcoin, said chief executive officer and co-founder Sara Margulis. In recent years, more than a dozen customers have chosen to route donations to the site from bitcoin wallets. Zola, a wedding registry website, has had just two cash funds created for bitcoins since 2013, a spokeswoman said. "I would expect it to pop more as millennials come into the wedding age,” Honeyfund’s Margulis said. “It’s something you will do if your friends and family are already into bitcoin.

Bitcoin as an retirement plan, bitcoin to secure the future of your kids, and now bitcoin as a wedding gift. Whether or not bitcoin replaces cash in future, it looks like the trend of gifting bitcoin instead of cash at weddings is definitely going to catch up and more wedding registeries would be adding bitcoin as a gifting option.

Avoid using a wedding gift "as an opportunity to proselytize a technology you personally believe in, but the recipient could not care less about."

People who are not into bitcoin might not appreciate getting a volatile currency as a gift, and might never use it, thus adding it to the list of lost coins, but I think people who are already using bitcoin or would most probably use it in future then bitcoin instead of cash is the apt wedding gift for them.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/would-you-give-bitcoin-as-a-wedding-gift-2017-06-27

Wow! I think this is great.
tulikak

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 12:03:47 PM

Some tech-savvy wedding-goers are gifting the digital currency to new couples. Honeyfund, a honeymoon registry that allows guests to give cash rather than gifts, has seen more than a dozen customers donate in bitcoin, said chief executive officer and co-founder Sara Margulis. In recent years, more than a dozen customers have chosen to route donations to the site from bitcoin wallets. Zola, a wedding registry website, has had just two cash funds created for bitcoins since 2013, a spokeswoman said. "I would expect it to pop more as millennials come into the wedding age,” Honeyfund’s Margulis said. “It’s something you will do if your friends and family are already into bitcoin.

Bitcoin as an retirement plan, bitcoin to secure the future of your kids, and now bitcoin as a wedding gift. Whether or not bitcoin replaces cash in future, it looks like the trend of gifting bitcoin instead of cash at weddings is definitely going to catch up and more wedding registeries would be adding bitcoin as a gifting option.

Avoid using a wedding gift "as an opportunity to proselytize a technology you personally believe in, but the recipient could not care less about."

People who are not into bitcoin might not appreciate getting a volatile currency as a gift, and might never use it, thus adding it to the list of lost coins, but I think people who are already using bitcoin or would most probably use it in future then bitcoin instead of cash is the apt wedding gift for them.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/would-you-give-bitcoin-as-a-wedding-gift-2017-06-27

I would do it if my partner understood about bitcoin and appreciated what I gave her.
Bhinodm

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 12:06:42 PM

That is a brilliant idea. I would totally do it. Instead of spending a bomb on my childrens' weddings, I would anyday give them a nice gift. And this would be a sensible gift. They'll be able to use it in the future.
sandeepkharche

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 12:07:50 PM

Ummm.. I don't know if that's a very good idea. What if the person who is being given the gift of bitcoin doesn't believe in bitcoin
pecson134

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 12:09:28 PM

I still prefer the traditional way of giving gifts to wedding celebrants instead of bitcoins unless the groom and bride wishes for it. One of the reason I still prefer the conventional way was because the gift we were giving on newly wed couple can have sentimental value to them and can be stored or use as they were living together.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
jerk10

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 12:10:05 PM

I just suggested this to a friend who is getting married recently and he loved the idea.  Grin
Topherson

Activity: 19

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 12:27:31 PM

If this would be the wedding gift of my dudes, I will get me a wife directly  Grin I think it is totally fine to make a bitcoin present
Gabrieelle

Activity: 364
Merit: 267

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 01:34:28 PM

If this would be the wedding gift of my dudes, I will get me a wife directly  Grin I think it is totally fine to make a bitcoin present
Same with you I think bitcoin is a perfect gift for couples. It is like they have a starting money for everything they can buy their stuffs and all that. I guess it is a good start for the newly wed. If they don't prefer bitcoin they can convert it to physical money.
8Habits

Activity: 756
Merit: 294

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 12:37:49 PM

Same with you I think bitcoin is a perfect gift for couples. It is like they have a starting money for everything they can buy their stuffs and all that. I guess it is a good start for the newly wed. If they don't prefer bitcoin they can convert it to physical money.

It is indeed a cool gift and an unusual gift to the newly wed couple. People who have no any idea about Bitcoin will definitely puzzled and think that it is just an ordinary gift but when they will going to know the real value of it, they will surely want to get some as well Smiley
Mrtree420

Activity: 93
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 12:39:31 PM

I wouldn't want to give but I would have loved to have got btc when i got married  Grin
Shenzou

Activity: 1400
Merit: 283

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 12:44:29 PM

Not really, i mean giving weeding gifts should always be giving somthing that the couple will need and if you give them bitcoin they won't understand the value of it, and i don't want to be that uncle that gives wierd gifts at a wedding, it would be probbaly the best form and for them to not give them bitcoin, but instead use that bitcoin to buy them somthing good.
kuryadi

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Buglab.io

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 12:46:14 PM

It is a unique gift. Bitcoin as a wedding gift was very done. Maybe we can give the gift to those who use bitcoin. So they can use the gift in the future but if they do not know bitcoin you should not give in bitcoin form but something you get from bitcoin result .. you can buy another.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project Best privacy crypto-market! █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ───────────────── WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June][Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet Windows  |  macOS  |  Linux
Mpamaegbu
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1208

Once a man, twice a child!

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 12:49:41 PM

If the couple really is into it, why not.

This will be my only reason to give it. I hate giving gifts that receivers won't appreciate. What is the essence of giving to someone what he or she doesn't understand? Other than this, I won't give. For instance, In 2016 I wouldn't have appreciated a gift of Bitcoin as I virtually didn't know anything about it then. Now, I will greatly.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2017, 12:53:17 PM

I wouldn't want to give but I would have loved to have got btc when i got married  Grin

There is still a chance for you to enlight the life of your would be kids. Our grandparent's had the pension but in next 20 years, crypto payments will dominate the financial industry so saving some Bitcoins for your kids in cold storage and giving them this gift on their 20th birthday would definitely a good idea. Even small amount of Bitcoin of today would be valuable at that time IMO. However, please do your own research before taking any decision.
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1345

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 01:06:02 PM

I still prefer the traditional way of giving gifts to wedding celebrants instead of bitcoins unless the groom and bride wishes for it. One of the reason I still prefer the conventional way was because the gift we were giving on newly wed couple can have sentimental value to them and can be stored or use as they were living together.
Bitcoin in a form of a private key put on a nicely made poster or a gift card can also be stored and have sentimental value long after they've spent their coins. There are physical bitcoins that can be stored as a reminder. I think it's a perfect gift, because its value grows over time.
In my country people usually give cash as wedding gifts and this is a lot more plain and boring than bitcoin.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
@nayan

Activity: 24

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 01:13:03 PM

I want see my friend happy in economic life. And i also want help him. So i want to give him bitcoin as wedding gift. Bitcoin price increase day by day and it help him.
Noilee

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 01:23:21 PM

I would give bitcoin as a wedding gift, because bitcoin is a big help with their lives especially when they started a couple, I think they so much appreciate and accept bitcoin as a wedding gift. After this i believe they also begin to invest in bitcoin. It can be use bitcoin in their needs and for savings. I think this idea is good as a gift with a value, because bitcoin gives bright future of the family.
dragonusa9

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 01:25:14 PM

its a wonderful gift that can make it become investation also money in future.
but i dont really want to give my friend bitcoin, because i dont really know whether they use bitcoin or not. so fiat would be easier to gift
smileee

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 01:42:58 PM

that's an interesting question!! I have ever thought about it before. But I'm thinking there are still many more meaningful gifts. Cheesy And I will give them to my lover ^^
This is a great idea. Using bitcoin as a wedding gift will create many surprises for the Bride and Groom. In addition, they can also reserve the bitcoin and wait for it to rise, until they need to sell it to use or they will join Bitcoin to get rich. Grin Grin

▬▬▬▬▬  bitJob ◆ The Student Marketplace  ▬▬▬▬▬
█ █    [Whitepaper] [Telegram] [slack] [ANN Thread]    █ █
▬▬▬▬▬   TOKEN SALE ▶ Sept 12th, 2017   ▬▬▬▬▬
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: