Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 02:51:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Would you give bitcoin as a wedding gift?
Yes - 168 (66.7%)
No - 72 (28.6%)
I don't care - 12 (4.8%)
Total Voters: 252

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Would you give bitcoin as a wedding gift?  (Read 17929 times)
BCTalkaccountforsale

Activity: 308
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 01:47:12 PM

Now this looks little weird, but when days pass people starts gifting bitcoin when the popularity increases, one of my friend already has got bitcoin as a gift during the days of Christmas. But with that both were aware of the digital currency and it's value, but the same makes people think what's this gift with the unknown person. So same as we providing giftcard in future people use bitcoin for gifting purpose.
I'm saving bitcoin and I think it will be some money for me to be able to care for my future wedding, it is my wedding gift for my fiancee.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
imoet

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

homt.net

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 01:47:34 PM

No sorry for that but my bitcoin is precious to me.  I will give a good amount of money or maybe getting them a trip for honeymoon.  And when they asked where I got my money there I would say about the bitcoin.  Maybe I could encourage them to try it.  If I would give bitcoin as a gift and they do not know anything about bitcoin, perhaps they will not much appreciate it.
i agree with you...i prefer to give something special and memorable as wedding gift...i will never give bitcoin as wedding gift...but i will tell them about it if they are curious about bitcoin

► HOMT ◄ ♦ World’s First Crypto Based Students Rental Platform ♦ ► HOMT ◄
───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Medium◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Facebook◂ | ▸LinkedIn
samycoin

Activity: 812
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 01:49:06 PM

Some tech-savvy wedding-goers are gifting the digital currency to new couples. Honeyfund, a honeymoon registry that allows guests to give cash rather than gifts, has seen more than a dozen customers donate in bitcoin, said chief executive officer and co-founder Sara Margulis. In recent years, more than a dozen customers have chosen to route donations to the site from bitcoin wallets. Zola, a wedding registry website, has had just two cash funds created for bitcoins since 2013, a spokeswoman said. "I would expect it to pop more as millennials come into the wedding age,” Honeyfund’s Margulis said. “It’s something you will do if your friends and family are already into bitcoin.

Bitcoin as an retirement plan, bitcoin to secure the future of your kids, and now bitcoin as a wedding gift. Whether or not bitcoin replaces cash in future, it looks like the trend of gifting bitcoin instead of cash at weddings is definitely going to catch up and more wedding registeries would be adding bitcoin as a gifting option.

Avoid using a wedding gift "as an opportunity to proselytize a technology you personally believe in, but the recipient could not care less about."

People who are not into bitcoin might not appreciate getting a volatile currency as a gift, and might never use it, thus adding it to the list of lost coins, but I think people who are already using bitcoin or would most probably use it in future then bitcoin instead of cash is the apt wedding gift for them.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/would-you-give-bitcoin-as-a-wedding-gift-2017-06-27
Yes I will give a bitcoin as a gift to lovely couple as long as they know about cryptocurrency. So they use that bitcoin what ever they want to use  it.

[   N O M I N E X   ]        EXCHANGE       ◥        telegram      facebook      twitter
(❪   WIN 1000 USDT   ❫)         in         T R A D E R S   C O M P E T I T I O N
███ Create account ███ [ REF. CAMP. ] Nominex Binary Affiliate Program
gribble

Activity: 966
Merit: 552

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 01:51:16 PM

I will give the bitcoins to my as a wedding gift, if my friends are comunity of bitcoins or they know about the bitcoins
and know how use bitcoins, at least they know how to sell the bitcoins on the markets,
but give bitcoins to the people who don't understand what is bitcoins, it will not be appreciated, it will be considered as
something useless and i don't want burn my bitcoins.
Chyton

Activity: 322
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 03:14:30 PM

Personally yes, a bitcoin token with private key inside of the token (you need to break the token to open it) and a couple of bitcoins in that specific address.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
Anonymous and Untraceable
ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord 

▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
Fujiati

Activity: 664
Merit: 112

Ethernity CLOUD

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 03:14:59 PM

Yes i want to make this bitcoin for my wedding gift. And i will teach to my partner how to use this bitcoin.

8Habits

Activity: 756
Merit: 294

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 03:40:16 PM

I will give the bitcoins to my as a wedding gift, if my friends are comunity of bitcoins or they know about the bitcoins
and know how use bitcoins, at least they know how to sell the bitcoins on the markets,
but give bitcoins to the people who don't understand what is bitcoins, it will not be appreciated, it will be considered as
something useless and i don't want burn my bitcoins.

I think when people or the newly wed couple, who have no knowledge at all about bitcoin, and you introduced it to them, there is really no hard sell for that - you just tell them the current price of bitcoin and they will find it out themselves how to use it and of course they will truly appreciate the gift Smiley
ged00u

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 03:41:35 PM

It is a great idea. I'd love to do that but sadly, there is only a few people know about bitcoin in my country and therefore, I do not think that they will know how to use and receive bitcoin as a gift. I can give them the paper wallet with private key, but I can ensure that they will never know how to redeem the private key in a wallet. Cheesy
8Habits

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 04:09:25 PM

It is a great idea. I'd love to do that but sadly, there is only a few people know about bitcoin in my country and therefore, I do not think that they will know how to use and receive bitcoin as a gift. I can give them the paper wallet with private key, but I can ensure that they will never know how to redeem the private key in a wallet. Cheesy

I think and I believe that if they will know the real value of bitcoin, finding and learning those basic information about bitcoin will be very easy especially if they have just in possesion a bitcoin or more Smiley
Rinder

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 06:30:30 PM

This question would be about one of them know about bitcoin use and invest at it or not, because give bitcoin to a person which doesnt know nothing about it wouldnt make any sense, would be better to give fiat instead bitcoin to those person.
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1213

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 06:39:10 PM

This question would be about one of them know about bitcoin use and invest at it or not, because give bitcoin to a person which doesnt know nothing about it wouldnt make any sense, would be better to give fiat instead bitcoin to those person.
That's right. It's good to provide bitcoin to the one who is aware about it. But I personally feel to give it to an unknown person and give an instruction to use along with the wallet. This might make the user get interested towards bitcoin and start using bitcoin. The change experienced is nothing.
Wipro

Activity: 924
Merit: 512

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 06:46:05 PM

But when we giving to any person that time you will surely explain about to the person. We know the bitcoin cost more than carat of diamond. if that mate know about then she will opt for bitcoin only. Explain it first, being the forum and you are not ready to explain it. I don't know what sense about it.
futile-resistance

Activity: 840
Merit: 516

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 07:35:13 PM

Some tech-savvy wedding-goers are gifting the digital currency to new couples. Honeyfund, a honeymoon registry that allows guests to give cash rather than gifts, has seen more than a dozen customers donate in bitcoin, said chief executive officer and co-founder Sara Margulis. In recent years, more than a dozen customers have chosen to route donations to the site from bitcoin wallets. Zola, a wedding registry website, has had just two cash funds created for bitcoins since 2013, a spokeswoman said. "I would expect it to pop more as millennials come into the wedding age,” Honeyfund’s Margulis said. “It’s something you will do if your friends and family are already into bitcoin.

Bitcoin as an retirement plan, bitcoin to secure the future of your kids, and now bitcoin as a wedding gift. Whether or not bitcoin replaces cash in future, it looks like the trend of gifting bitcoin instead of cash at weddings is definitely going to catch up and more wedding registeries would be adding bitcoin as a gifting option.

Avoid using a wedding gift "as an opportunity to proselytize a technology you personally believe in, but the recipient could not care less about."

People who are not into bitcoin might not appreciate getting a volatile currency as a gift, and might never use it, thus adding it to the list of lost coins, but I think people who are already using bitcoin or would most probably use it in future then bitcoin instead of cash is the apt wedding gift for them.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/would-you-give-bitcoin-as-a-wedding-gift-2017-06-27
Yes, bitcoin can only be accepted by technology lovers. If you present bitcoins to a totally new person in bitcoins then for sure he would hate it and the coins may be added in the list of lost coins. But if you present to a bitcoin friendly person then he might find the gift more precious.
googlebtc

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 07:53:27 PM

I think it's a very good idea to give bitcoin as a gift for marriage and replace fiat money as a gift and bitcoin will also be their savings somewhere later and can take advantage of the bitcoin they keep in the long run is really cool and positive with his idea. Smiley
Superways

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 11:17:37 PM

I think and I believe that if they will know the real value of bitcoin, finding and learning those basic information about bitcoin will be very easy especially if they have just in possesion a bitcoin or more Smiley
Even if they don’t know I believe they would easily learn about bitcoins after they are briefly told about bitcoins and its advantages. I think in the coming years, bitcoins will be the best type of wedding gifts and expensive as well. When people will come to realize the real value of bitcoins, they are going to demand them as wedding gifts.
smileee

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 11:18:16 PM

Now this looks little weird, but when days pass people starts gifting bitcoin when the popularity increases, one of my friend already has got bitcoin as a gift during the days of Christmas. But with that both were aware of the digital currency and it's value, but the same makes people think what's this gift with the unknown person. So same as we providing giftcard in future people use bitcoin for gifting purpose.
This is a great idea. Using bitcoin as a wedding gift will create many surprises for the Bride and Groom. In addition, they can also reserve the bitcoin and wait for it to rise, until they need to sell it to use or they will join Bitcoin to get rich.

▬▬▬▬▬  bitJob ◆ The Student Marketplace  ▬▬▬▬▬
█ █    [Whitepaper] [Telegram] [slack] [ANN Thread]    █ █
▬▬▬▬▬   TOKEN SALE ▶ Sept 12th, 2017   ▬▬▬▬▬
sheldonnnn

Activity: 420
Merit: 266

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 06:42:26 AM

Personally, I would be incredibly happy to receive such gift. And my girlfriend too. But in general this is a very special gift and not all people will be happy and will know what to do with it. But I'm sure that there is no present better for people from the bitcoin community.
bamboylee

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 07:52:04 AM

It is a good idea but with your gift should come with instruction on how to use bitcoin for those who are not yet introduced to bitcoin. It will go to waste if you give it and they don't know the value of it.
8Habits

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 02:41:51 PM

It is a good idea but with your gift should come with instruction on how to use bitcoin for those who are not yet introduced to bitcoin. It will go to waste if you give it and they don't know the value of it.

I see a brighter side as well if they don't value to it and just take bitcoin for granted. Because if after 10 years bitcoin will go very high in value and they will finally realized that they have some bitcoins, they will surely be very happy when that time happens Smiley
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 02:49:54 PM

I see a brighter side as well if they don't value to it and just take bitcoin for granted. Because if after 10 years bitcoin will go very high in value and they will finally realized that they have some bitcoins, they will surely be very happy when that time happens Smiley
for those who will look at it a s a present and never care first for the value then bitcoin will be a good present sine its an investment
for much better future I think since the day OP start this thread and if ever he or someone gave btc to anyone back then for sure
those newly wed are happy now if they realize what the value turned to.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: