Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 01:21:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Would you give bitcoin as a wedding gift?
Yes - 168 (66.7%)
No - 72 (28.6%)
I don't care - 12 (4.8%)
Total Voters: 252

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Would you give bitcoin as a wedding gift?  (Read 17929 times)
Misshi

Activity: 247
Merit: 100

Decentralized Continuous Audit&Reporting Protocol

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 10:13:54 AM

Actually we are talking over about this topic with my friends who also a trader of Bitcoin. We have an agreement that when someone is going to marry someday or one day, we will be giving Bitcoin as a wedding gift. It is unique right? For me it is very important to give money as a wedding gift for the newly weds. Because this will help them to break even or lessen the costs in their wedding. And it will help them financially since they are starting to make their own family. And we are trader of Bitcoin, We thought to give each other a portion of our BTC as a wedding gift. Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
8Habits

Activity: 756
Merit: 294

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 10:54:06 AM

If they understand and use bitcoin, i may consider giving them bitcoin as a gift, but if not, i will gift them something else. It feels wrong to give something so volatile as a gift to people who don't know about it.

I think it would be cool once they will start asking about it and they will realize what just they received as gift from you Smiley It will be as equal or even great with any personalized gift. Who knows, the newlywed couple will be wealthy soon because of bitcoin and because of you.
matuson

Activity: 420
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 11:01:28 AM

If they understand and use bitcoin, i may consider giving them bitcoin as a gift, but if not, i will gift them something else. It feels wrong to give something so volatile as a gift to people who don't know about it.

I think it would be cool once they will start asking about it and they will realize what just they received as gift from you Smiley It will be as equal or even great with any personalized gift. Who knows, the newlywed couple will be wealthy soon because of bitcoin and because of you.
I think it's a stupid idea. About 1% of people know what bitcoin is. Why do people for the wedding gift which they will not use? What if they believe you and will wait for when you use your gift they will be rich? Maybe in a few years bitcoin will die and it turns out that you left them without a gift. Do you like this prospect?
Imperalta09

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 02:11:57 PM

Now this looks little weird, but when days pass people starts gifting bitcoin when the popularity increases, one of my friend already has got bitcoin as a gift during the days of Christmas. But with that both were aware of the digital currency and it's value, but the same makes people think what's this gift with the unknown person. So same as we providing giftcard in future people use bitcoin for gifting purpose.

I don't think that Bitcoin is a good idea as a wedding gift not unless that the couple you are giving to is familiar with this one. But if they does not know about Bitcoin, they will surely not appreciate it. I guess you just have to convert your Bitcoins into coins and buy a material gift for the couple. They will surely appreciate that.
DRAWDE_3691

Activity: 168

Decentralized Escrow currency for Crypto world

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 02:15:20 PM

Yes, definitely!! it will a great and a unique gift that you can give in a friend's wedding. Thanks for the idea.. let me try Wink

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●   ESCROWCOIN  ●  Decentralized Escrow currency for Crypto world    ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
⦿  Discord  ⦿  Twitter  ⦿  Telegram  ⦿
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ⦿  BUY NOW   ⦿  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
TheGodFather

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 03:28:03 PM

Well,it really depends on a person that I will give it too.If he knows how to use bitcoin,then why not.Instead of keeping it only for myself then it would be better if I give to someone who will actually need it.Everyone knows that wedding is next to family and bitcoins are good help when it comes to funds for their future.
If the couple already know bitcoins and they are interested then i think it is good to give them a bitcoin as a gift to their wedding. Because if they doesnt know it , it will be a bad for them because  they will think that you gift is useless and nonsense. So better if they know it. It will be more easy for you too.
Fancyax

Activity: 196

Personal Text: Pre-sale - March 18

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 03:34:17 PM

No  Grin I prefer to give cash or a gift paid with cash and keep my bitcoins for me  Wink

mikki14

Activity: 299

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 03:38:46 PM

YES! If the couple is into bitcoin and very dear to me. It would be a perfect gift for them. Wink

But of course, if they don't have any idea about bitcoin and are not interested, I won't. Grin My hard earned coins will just put into waste.

kevin.

Activity: 26

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2017, 06:15:21 AM

It will be cool to present as a wedding gift debit card connected with wallet full of BTCs, which were earned when BTC costed much lower than today...I will be a really happy if i will receive such a modern gift  Cool
Bitcoinislifer09

Activity: 257
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 07:47:17 AM

Some tech-savvy wedding-goers are gifting the digital currency to new couples. Honeyfund, a honeymoon registry that allows guests to give cash rather than gifts, has seen more than a dozen customers donate in bitcoin, said chief executive officer and co-founder Sara Margulis. In recent years, more than a dozen customers have chosen to route donations to the site from bitcoin wallets. Zola, a wedding registry website, has had just two cash funds created for bitcoins since 2013, a spokeswoman said. "I would expect it to pop more as millennials come into the wedding age,” Honeyfund’s Margulis said. “It’s something you will do if your friends and family are already into bitcoin.

Bitcoin as an retirement plan, bitcoin to secure the future of your kids, and now bitcoin as a wedding gift. Whether or not bitcoin replaces cash in future, it looks like the trend of gifting bitcoin instead of cash at weddings is definitely going to catch up and more wedding registeries would be adding bitcoin as a gifting option.

Avoid using a wedding gift "as an opportunity to proselytize a technology you personally believe in, but the recipient could not care less about."

People who are not into bitcoin might not appreciate getting a volatile currency as a gift, and might never use it, thus adding it to the list of lost coins, but I think people who are already using bitcoin or would most probably use it in future then bitcoin instead of cash is the apt wedding gift for them.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/would-you-give-bitcoin-as-a-wedding-gift-2017-06-27

Bitcoin as a wedding gift can be a very good idea. However, we should orient first the couple that we will give Bitcoin as a gift if it how it works. Digital currency is very ideal now, but if the couple you'll be giving Bitcoin know about this, they will definitely appreciate it.
JamesColombia

Activity: 34

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 07:52:47 AM

Some tech-savvy wedding-goers are gifting the digital currency to new couples. Honeyfund, a honeymoon registry that allows guests to give cash rather than gifts, has seen more than a dozen customers donate in bitcoin, said chief executive officer and co-founder Sara Margulis. In recent years, more than a dozen customers have chosen to route donations to the site from bitcoin wallets. Zola, a wedding registry website, has had just two cash funds created for bitcoins since 2013, a spokeswoman said. "I would expect it to pop more as millennials come into the wedding age,” Honeyfund’s Margulis said. “It’s something you will do if your friends and family are already into bitcoin.

Bitcoin as an retirement plan, bitcoin to secure the future of your kids, and now bitcoin as a wedding gift. Whether or not bitcoin replaces cash in future, it looks like the trend of gifting bitcoin instead of cash at weddings is definitely going to catch up and more wedding registeries would be adding bitcoin as a gifting option.

Avoid using a wedding gift "as an opportunity to proselytize a technology you personally believe in, but the recipient could not care less about."

People who are not into bitcoin might not appreciate getting a volatile currency as a gift, and might never use it, thus adding it to the list of lost coins, but I think people who are already using bitcoin or would most probably use it in future then bitcoin instead of cash is the apt wedding gift for them.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/would-you-give-bitcoin-as-a-wedding-gift-2017-06-27

Bitcoin as a wedding gift can be a very good idea. However, we should orient first the couple that we will give Bitcoin as a gift if it how it works. Digital currency is very ideal now, but if the couple you'll be giving Bitcoin know about this, they will definitely appreciate it.
I agree with you it is actually easy if the couple makes 1 to 2 wallets and then receive all the bitcoins in there and when they need it the most they can use or sell it and use the money i would think that giving a bitcoin at a wedding as a gift would be awesome.
coinluisa

Activity: 626
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 08:23:13 AM

It depends if the couple are using and knew about bitcoin. And its nothing wrong if we give bitcoin as a gift it will help to them  and they will use it to the future.

BetFury                                                 
🐥Twitter | 📩 Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 |YouTube 🍿|Reddit 🕹 
                                                Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                               
GoodLuck2

Activity: 630
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 08:22:56 PM

What a coincidence! Today is the wedding of my niece
As she knows about BTC because we talked many times about it, let me try that with her SmileySmiley
Wow! that is really great job and i hope your your niece will be proud of this gift, she will be collecting it along with her collection of bitcoin. As she know much about bitcoin she will be utilizing these bitcoin for investments and trading. It will be a memorable gift for her.
StonedWolf

Activity: 308
Merit: 120

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 10:45:54 PM

For my brother or my sister and even my best friend it is possible, but for another person I don't think so !
Otherwise I am doing a waste of money and I will never be rich.

crustez00

Activity: 196

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 11:17:06 PM

i would if i have the bitcoin to give in  Smiley because if we give bitcoin, besides we give a glimpse of money in it, we introduce to the married couple about bitcoin if they haven't hear and learn about it. Besides that, bitcoin can be a form of investment to the happily newly wed couple and their little family  Smiley

Jose Mourinho

Activity: 533
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 11:26:49 PM

Giving bitcoin to weding is certainly a nice surprise, if there is a friend or family using bitcoin and I know the wallet address, then I will give bitcoin as a wedding gift.

:

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
[
[
[
]
]
]
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
949miner

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

Stake & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 11:28:29 PM

It is more beautiful if you gift something more romantic instead of giving money, you all know that bitcoin is money, only that it is digital, and it can not be seen, but you can spend it. So i dont think it is a an appropiate gift for a wedding, there are better options to do that.
I dont know, maybe in some countries it is good seen to gift money as a wedding gift, i dont know

`^cder.         
          '-`ryRQQ#@@#O}-      
       .)ydi`!]PQQ#@@@@@#d}!   
  `:'`rU9660ZL:')TZ@@@@@@####O)
  `lVx<,:xWg@@@#g)iQB##@@##@@@M
  `lVcyWRBsy@@Q8Z*iQQQQB##@@@@M
  `x|G#@@@m)T<:<v~iB##@@#QQB#@M
     `)I$#m,-' `>]ZB#@@@#QQQB#3
  .>LKlxxxx_`<YUaKOQQQB#BB####P
:V5MMMTx^=*` .~xeaOQQg$RB@@@##P
 .<}ab*' .QQK\_`;<YMRO66B@@@@B}
     .`  .Q#@#Q3v`rcvvY3B#Mx_  
         .OKx*rxv`x66OX]=`     
               .!`xRdyr,       
                  !<'

IoTeX

▬▬INTERNET OF TRUSTED THINGS▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬.
▬▬▬BECOME A MEMBER TODAY▬▬▬▬.

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
▄█████  █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
███     █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
██████  █████████████████████
███     █████████████████████
███████ ▀███████████████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀████
  ████▌                 ██  
  ▐██▌                      
   █▌

TWITTER
MEDIUM
REDDIT
TELEGRAM
FORUM
BITCOINTALK
PatronRH

Activity: 322

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 12:38:45 AM

Of course I won't !!
In fact, bitcoin is money which cannot be a wedding gift ever, at most I will buy a car and I will give it to him as a gift, it is symbolic and expensive.

.GlobeCas.The Turest Entertainment Journey
#Licensed  #Gambling #Experienced Team #All-in-One Platform #Live Streaming #Revulotion
[Website] | [Telegram] | [Whitepaper] | [Facebook] | [Youtube] | [Twitter] | [LinkedIn] | [Medium]
Bacotan Bae

Activity: 504
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 01:53:26 AM

This will make them happy, when we gift bitcoin when wedding and a month after we transfer bitcoin and the price skyrocketed of course they will be very grateful to us. bitcoin is the best gift because it is very useful for their future.

Philanthor.com

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ❤ ❤ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ❤ ❤ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ❤ ❤ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ❤ ❤ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

TOKEN SALE IS LIVE
JOIN NOW
Bitcoinislife09

Activity: 1028
Merit: 144

Diamond Hands 💎HODL

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 02:12:31 AM

If that couple knows bitcoin and uses it then why not? I would rather give bitcoins to them because I know how great is it to be a help in a newly wed couple. They can also use it wherever they want. They will decide, besides they both use bitcoins so that is not a problem for them. I know if I am able to send gifts like bitcoin, bitcoin is already popular in the world.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: