Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 06:54:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Would you give bitcoin as a wedding gift?
Yes - 168 (66.7%)
No - 72 (28.6%)
I don't care - 12 (4.8%)
Total Voters: 252

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Would you give bitcoin as a wedding gift?  (Read 17929 times)
Fulmand

Activity: 568
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 02:40:42 PM

Why not,  this is good idea , but not for now because bitcoin has not been widely known, maybe I will give wedding gift just around my community, who know bitcoin.
For me, i wont really give bitcoin. Why ? It is because of its unstable price and its popularity. Maybe if it will be more stable and known than it is now, well why not.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Phildo
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 02:42:54 PM

I will choose different alternative than giving my very valuable investation asset (and we know it has tremendous potential) to others. Maybe I will give them an artwork as a gift for their wedding, in my opinion it’ll be more memorable than giving money.
Harrisonimo

Activity: 490
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 02:52:32 PM

Yes! I did give Bitcoin as a wedding gift. That's with the knowing that the couple or one of them will know about it. Just ensuring it isn't going to be a waste and disregarded. It is really a big gift in disguise I would say. And this will also help put the couple in line of investment and another source of income for the newly started family.
bbs98

Activity: 190
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 02:54:59 PM

something new next time my friend will actually marry us as his friend will give gifts with bitcoin,
Indeed this is not the first teradi in my country but for us as a worker in bitcoin will be very interesting if giving wedding gift with bitcoin.
and this will make bitcoin become more famous in my country especially in our place  Grin
tb4eva

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 02:56:36 PM

I wouldn't give it as a gift...too traditional for that, but it would be pretty cool to get some bitcoin as a gift!
saeyeen

Activity: 196

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 03:16:22 PM

I would if I have plenty of bitcoin I would glady share it to some of my closets friends or a family that is newlywed as a gift. At least I will be helping them to start saving bitcoin this might give them motivation to start earning it too as well.

Blackdeath

Activity: 910
Merit: 261

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 03:35:38 PM

Some tech-savvy wedding-goers are gifting the digital currency to new couples. Honeyfund, a honeymoon registry that allows guests to give cash rather than gifts, has seen more than a dozen customers donate in bitcoin, said chief executive officer and co-founder Sara Margulis. In recent years, more than a dozen customers have chosen to route donations to the site from bitcoin wallets. Zola, a wedding registry website, has had just two cash funds created for bitcoins since 2013, a spokeswoman said. "I would expect it to pop more as millennials come into the wedding age,” Honeyfund’s Margulis said. “It’s something you will do if your friends and family are already into bitcoin.

Bitcoin as an retirement plan, bitcoin to secure the future of your kids, and now bitcoin as a wedding gift. Whether or not bitcoin replaces cash in future, it looks like the trend of gifting bitcoin instead of cash at weddings is definitely going to catch up and more wedding registeries would be adding bitcoin as a gifting option.

Avoid using a wedding gift "as an opportunity to proselytize a technology you personally believe in, but the recipient could not care less about."

People who are not into bitcoin might not appreciate getting a volatile currency as a gift, and might never use it, thus adding it to the list of lost coins, but I think people who are already using bitcoin or would most probably use it in future then bitcoin instead of cash is the apt wedding gift for them.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/would-you-give-bitcoin-as-a-wedding-gift-2017-06-27
Probably giving bitcoin as a term of gift implies to me that the person that was going to give that literally and absolutely have a plenty of bitcoin in his account. Although giving bitcoin as a term of gift for the newly weds will be beneficial, I cannot afford giving them as a term of gift because me myself cannot afford of having such a great count for my own. Possibly if I am that person having such a great count of bitcoin, why not give those newly weds a blessing to start up their future. So I guess I will give bitcoin as a gift for wedding. If and only if I do have plenty of bitcoin to give.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
senne

Activity: 1078
Merit: 507

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 06:34:19 PM

If the wedding couple is crypto fan, then there is no better gift then giving them Bitcoin as only a crypto lover will understand the value of Bitcoin they know it acts as a asset to the wealth and can be used in the long time or at emergency cries because it is such a investment that will always provide you better results in the future. And a better gift then Bitcoin can't be possible upon thinking about it's qualities and market value.
Noilee

Activity: 532

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 07:04:30 PM

Yes, I would give bitcoin as a wedding gift, because i want to prove and convince them that bitcoin is the best investment. I give bitcoin as a wedding gift because i know this can be a big help to them, they can be used for their needs, and if they want to invest they can use it an investment they appreciate the importance of bitcoin. Because no one give them again and they realize how bitcoin is really important in our life. The important is i will give important things and want to share blessings.
supercanada1

Activity: 798
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 11:19:17 PM

It looks like bitcoin is a nice gift when the wedding, thanks for being reminded of this, I will give bitcoin to friends or family who use bitcoin when they are wedding or birthday.
It is the good idea and it is best for the couple as well when they will open your gift in their bitcoin wallet they will be very happy to receive that much expensive gift because the price of the bitcoin is very high. Through this gift eh wedding couple would be able to enjoy the honeymoon and to do a lot of shopping for their future and to decorate the house.
Butchick

Activity: 392

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 11:25:37 PM

Well, this depends on how much bitcoin i have. If i have more than enough bitcoin which gives me the luxury to give some of it away, then yes, i definitely will give bitcoin as a wedding gift. This will not only help the couple financially but it can also be an investment for them as well.

colivingclub

Activity: 29

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2017, 07:22:01 AM

Some tech-savvy wedding-goers are gifting the digital currency to new couples. Honeyfund, a honeymoon registry that allows guests to give cash rather than gifts, has seen more than a dozen customers donate in bitcoin, said chief executive officer and co-founder Sara Margulis. In recent years, more than a dozen customers have chosen to route donations to the site from bitcoin wallets. Zola, a wedding registry website, has had just two cash funds created for bitcoins since 2013, a spokeswoman said. "I would expect it to pop more as millennials come into the wedding age,” Honeyfund’s Margulis said. “It’s something you will do if your friends and family are already into bitcoin.

Bitcoin as an retirement plan, bitcoin to secure the future of your kids, and now bitcoin as a wedding gift. Whether or not bitcoin replaces cash in future, it looks like the trend of gifting bitcoin instead of cash at weddings is definitely going to catch up and more wedding registeries would be adding bitcoin as a gifting option.

Avoid using a wedding gift "as an opportunity to proselytize a technology you personally believe in, but the recipient could not care less about."

People who are not into bitcoin might not appreciate getting a volatile currency as a gift, and might never use it, thus adding it to the list of lost coins, but I think people who are already using bitcoin or would most probably use it in future then bitcoin instead of cash is the apt wedding gift for them.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/would-you-give-bitcoin-as-a-wedding-gift-2017-06-27

No, not yet. Because people haven't got used to crypto yet. But as I know bitcoin was a wedding gift on some Turkish wedding not far ago.
krafa

Activity: 31

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 07:43:20 AM

Interesting, I think you are the first one who gives this one idea and I think it will be the biggest gift for someone instead of gold or jewelry.
But this may only happen in Europe or USA but not in Asian culture. Asians are preferred Gold as a gift rather than others.

Anyway, great idea, Have a nice day.
Mobshady24

Activity: 266
Merit: 105

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 07:58:29 AM

maybe if the one you giving a gift knows how to use bitcoin, bitcoin is just a digitalized currency so it is just like you are giving an actual money to wedding couple. Though it is better to gift a fiat since it is fix in value, gifting bitcoin will loss your potential gains in the future.

DCCDistributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
john70

Activity: 23

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 08:31:41 AM

Gift is Acceptable, we can give it whom accepting bitcoin as a gift they know about bitcoin. we give bitcoin as wedding Gift
Diablesfunis

Activity: 448

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 08:45:14 AM

Bitcoin as a wedding gift is alright as long as the person who receive it know what it is and how to use it. I mean it's not different than giving money as a gift. If someone to give me bitcoin as a wedding gift I'll gladly accept it.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]               
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬     
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
Lamisa asfiya

Activity: 242
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 08:57:49 AM

this idea is not so bad.but it depends on that man whom i give it. if he/she know about bitcoin  and he can use it.then i will give it to him.bitcoin have future value. so he can use it for his better future.
paolo099

Activity: 224

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 09:00:24 AM

Bitcoin as a wedding gift is alright as long as the person who receive it know what it is and how to use it. I mean it's not different than giving money as a gift. If someone to give me bitcoin as a wedding gift I'll gladly accept it.

i agree with this, otherwise your gift, for him, wouldn't have the same value as we decided.. bettr to give money/stuff in this case
BIngmano

Activity: 3

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 09:08:30 AM

I probably wouldn't give it unless I felt the bride and groom were into that sort of thing or innovative and progressive enough to have an open mind to it.  It's pretty great that this is happening now though.

I just imagine what someone who doesn't understand it now could be like in 5-10 years like, "Hey can you believe that $200 he sent us in bitcoin bought us this house"
Marileno

Activity: 215

✔ Crypto portfolio | ✔ Telegram/APP

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 09:08:45 AM

I absolutely would not give bitcoin as a gift. I don't feel it's appropriate force my world view on others, and doing so may be viewed as such. t is also a hassle for the recipient to do anything with it. Furthermore you open yourself up to embarrassment if the value drops suddenly and the$ $200 you gifted is worth $150 overnight.  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: