Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:05:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Would you give bitcoin as a wedding gift?
Yes - 168 (66.7%)
No - 72 (28.6%)
I don't care - 12 (4.8%)
Total Voters: 252

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Would you give bitcoin as a wedding gift?  (Read 17929 times)
celested

Activity: 211
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 07:25:17 AM

Some tech-savvy wedding-goers are gifting the digital currency to new couples. Honeyfund, a honeymoon registry that allows guests to give cash rather than gifts, has seen more than a dozen customers donate in bitcoin, said chief executive officer and co-founder Sara Margulis. In recent years, more than a dozen customers have chosen to route donations to the site from bitcoin wallets. Zola, a wedding registry website, has had just two cash funds created for bitcoins since 2013, a spokeswoman said. "I would expect it to pop more as millennials come into the wedding age,” Honeyfund’s Margulis said. “It’s something you will do if your friends and family are already into bitcoin.

Bitcoin as an retirement plan, bitcoin to secure the future of your kids, and now bitcoin as a wedding gift. Whether or not bitcoin replaces cash in future, it looks like the trend of gifting bitcoin instead of cash at weddings is definitely going to catch up and more wedding registeries would be adding bitcoin as a gifting option.

Avoid using a wedding gift "as an opportunity to proselytize a technology you personally believe in, but the recipient could not care less about."

People who are not into bitcoin might not appreciate getting a volatile currency as a gift, and might never use it, thus adding it to the list of lost coins, but I think people who are already using bitcoin or would most probably use it in future then bitcoin instead of cash is the apt wedding gift for them.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/would-you-give-bitcoin-as-a-wedding-gift-2017-06-27
If people do not use bitcoin it can not be considered as a wedding gift. If you join then this will be the savings for your life. There will be times when you do not expect you can make good money from bitcoin. Two people will have comfortable travel together whether married or long wedding.
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Tukang Becak

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 07:54:31 AM

Some tech-savvy wedding-goers are gifting the digital currency to new couples. Honeyfund, a honeymoon registry that allows guests to give cash rather than gifts, has seen more than a dozen customers donate in bitcoin, said chief executive officer and co-founder Sara Margulis. In recent years, more than a dozen customers have chosen to route donations to the site from bitcoin wallets. Zola, a wedding registry website, has had just two cash funds created for bitcoins since 2013, a spokeswoman said. "I would expect it to pop more as millennials come into the wedding age,” Honeyfund’s Margulis said. “It’s something you will do if your friends and family are already into bitcoin.

Bitcoin as an retirement plan, bitcoin to secure the future of your kids, and now bitcoin as a wedding gift. Whether or not bitcoin replaces cash in future, it looks like the trend of gifting bitcoin instead of cash at weddings is definitely going to catch up and more wedding registeries would be adding bitcoin as a gifting option.

Avoid using a wedding gift "as an opportunity to proselytize a technology you personally believe in, but the recipient could not care less about."

People who are not into bitcoin might not appreciate getting a volatile currency as a gift, and might never use it, thus adding it to the list of lost coins, but I think people who are already using bitcoin or would most probably use it in future then bitcoin instead of cash is the apt wedding gift for them.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/would-you-give-bitcoin-as-a-wedding-gift-2017-06-27
If people do not use bitcoin it can not be considered as a wedding gift. If you join then this will be the savings for your life. There will be times when you do not expect you can make good money from bitcoin. Two people will have comfortable travel together whether married or long wedding.
Yes right, I think it's better to give a gift that can be seen and used when the wedding, such as bed, closet, until the baby equipment to prepare for later childbirth. if we give bitcoin of course he does not know who the sender.
h1h2h3_c

Activity: 350

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 05:02:13 PM

This idea has been on my mind for a very long time, to give my best Friend a half Bitcoin for his marriage. I feel all the gifts are boring and they are not worth the time and this would be the best idea. Also I would love to receive bitcoins as gifts when I marry that will help me plan my retirement very well. People are yet to awake to this but I feel that this is the best gift to give people so to make sure they really make most of their wedding lives with extra Cushing of money.
There is a lot of  type of gifts like ring, flower, clothes, money etc . just like you can also gift bitcoins to your friends  in mostly cases like if you are so far away and you want to gift your friend then you can simple give him a bitcoin which will be a big gift for your friend because bitcoin  is a big rate currency.

AdrienneRPayne

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 02:23:28 AM

Newbies need more money than anything at the time to help them start a married life. And for Bitcoin instead of a hard cash is much more thoughtful. Bitcoin on my wedding and not the person who will give it to others. Even so, like other people say, it's better to pick up, but if Bitcoin is the one to be given, I'll go the other way. Smile. I give BTC as gifts, couples can not afford to use it. Or they will give it to someone for free, or they will throw it away. The fact that it's bitcoin is just an inconvenience at this time; Now they have to find an ATM or register on an exchange. And take a loss. Sad
Turiettly

Activity: 56

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 03:00:30 PM

This is a quite distinctive thought and also new I heard. Just think about when a bride gets bitcoin then they will certainly find that puzzling. Probably that does not use to those who previously know bitcoin, but even now men and women who know bitcoin also would be amazed and did not consider with the prize he obtained.
Rojectime

Activity: 56

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 08:37:35 AM

No. Simply because I think it actually odd and strange.If I want to give cash I will give it with money, not Bitcoin or Credit score Card.But I am not against people who give Bitcoins as their marriage ceremony reward.I just will not like it. I like Bitcoin but I do not like it as a wedding ceremony reward.
CryptoKranthi

Activity: 182

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 09:14:14 AM

It's too early to do that in my country.Even though many of them know what Bitcoin is but most of them are not into it due to the lack of knowledge about blockchain. They are still thinking that it is a bubble.So I might consider gifting option in future when the usage of Bitcoin is at good level.But as of now it will be a weirdest thing in my country.
Barbercash

Activity: 84

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 09:48:10 AM

Most of young people know what is BTC so I believe this would be acceptable gift for wedding.
skjus

Activity: 22

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 09:52:25 AM

I think this is not a bad idea. True, here the most important thing is that the person to whom you gives, knew what to do with them)
Bilbo Baggins

Activity: 42

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 09:53:17 AM

Depends on the happy couple, if they don't use bitcoins, it's useless giving them bitcoins.

Like giving a car, to someone who doesn't know or want to drive.
ss890

Activity: 644
Merit: 263

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2017, 09:54:49 AM

In general you are thinking it to give everywhere. It can be ideal gift but my friend or whoever it is getting married they should know about the bitcoin. They might just happy if they know it already and will be rally surprised after looking at such great gift. That would be unexpected really.

There should be some sort thing which will carry the bitcoin code and they can avail the bitcoin on and also they can use whatever that thing is. But not getting clue what we can embed it with. But sounds good one.
ralph_0608

Activity: 406
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 09:57:20 AM

LOL it soujds wierd but if you have plenty of btc try to give as a gift even just .5btc then till the couple to check in the internet how much its current value ans surely they would be shock if thats the first time they heard the btc

Voice-Of-Reason

Activity: 228

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 01:23:36 PM

If it was to be given to someone not so tech savvy I would make sure I handed simple and straightforward explanation on how to keep or sell the "gift"
Kayum10029

Activity: 1190

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 01:32:28 PM

How a interesting question it is!!!! Bitcoin should give a wedding gift for couple for their marriage ceremony.  It also give for their honeymoon. I will decide to give it a gift for marriage ceremony of my friend marriage.

Bitcocoin

Activity: 266
Merit: 271

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 01:35:46 PM

Maybe it's possible in the future,we want to start seeing bitcoin everywhere.
davinchi
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1058

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 01:35:59 PM

What a coincidence! Today is the wedding of my niece
As she knows about BTC because we talked many times about it, let me try that with her SmileySmiley
Wow! that is really great job and i hope your your niece will be proud of this gift, she will be collecting it along with her collection of bitcoin. As she know much about bitcoin she will be utilizing these bitcoin for investments and trading. It will be a memorable gift for her.
If I read the op’s post clearly, it said “and dozens of people donated in Bitcoin” I bet this couples are f**king millionaires by now if that’s really true. Unless they sold it all back then in 2013. But if they actually left it till now, then they’re very rich.

Activity: 331
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 01:38:46 PM

Hmmm. I think it is okay to have bitcoin as a wedding gift because we all know that the value of bitcoin nowadays are very high and we can use it to buy many expensive things such as lot, gadgets and clothings. We must know that bitcoin is a very good thing but we must also know how to use it properly and in good way.

▄▄
 ▄▄        ▄▄██▄▄         ▄▄
████████████████████████████
███████████████████▀░░▀█████
██████████░░░░░░░░░░██░█████
█░░▀█████░░████████▄░░▄█████
 ░█░░░░░░░██████████████████
 ░░▄████████░░████████░░░░█
  █████████░██░░░░░░░░░██░█
   █████████░░░████████░░█
    ░░░░░░███████████████
     ████░░█████▀░░▀████
      ████░░░░░░░░██░██
       ██████████▄░░▄█
         ███████████
           ███████
             ███
SECURYPTO|  MONETIZING ANONYMOUS 
   CONTENT DISTRIBUTION   
|JOIN NOW
     AIR DROP!
|
FOLLOW
US ON:

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
     ████▀▀▀▀
     ███
     ███
  ██████████
  ██████████
     ███
     ███
     ███
     ███
     ███
     ███
|
WHITEPAPER
GITHUB
YOUTUBE
REDDIT
enzo24

Activity: 173
Merit: 4

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 01:39:49 PM

it depends on the situation. Usually, I don't present such type of valuable gift for any wedding ceremony. because now a bitcoin is worth almost $4200 USD, this is the huge amount for me. but if someone who is my close relative demands a Bitcoin as a wedding gift then I would think about that.
sagarnyc

Activity: 36

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 01:42:09 PM

Yes, I would like to give and would also like to receive Bitcoin as a gift in the wedding!! Smiley
Kousei23

Activity: 411
Merit: 335

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 01:43:22 PM

I also agree to the idea of giving bitcoin as a wedding gift because I know that bitcoin are very expensive in the sense of it's value but ofcourse we must sure that this wedding gift that we will give to our beloved must know how to use it in very wise way and very good in order to avoid loss and ofcourse in order to be meaningful the gift.

░░░░░░░░░░▄▄████████████▄▄
░░░░░░░▄███▀▀▀░░░░░░░░▀▀▀███▄
░░░░▄███▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███▄
░░░███▀░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░▀███
░▄██▀░░░░░░░░▀█████████▄░░░░░░░▀██▄
▄██▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███▌░░░░░░░▐██▄
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐███░░░░░░░░▐██
██▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄████▀░░░░░░░░░██
██▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░██
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░██▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐██
▀██▌░░░░░░░░░░░░██▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐██▀
░▀██▄░░░░░░░░░░░██▌░░░░░░░░░░░░▄██▀
░░░███▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
░░░░▀███▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███▀
░░░░░░░▀███▄▄▄░░░░░░░░▄▄▄███▀
░░░░░░░░░░▀▀████████████▀▀

JOIN OUR COMMUNITY
▀▀▀▀░░▀▀▀▀░░▀▀▀▀░░▀▀▀▀░░▀▀▀▀░░▀▀▀▀░░▀▀▀▀░░▀▀▀▀░░▀▀▀▀
Twitter  Telegram  Reddit  Medium

░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄
░░░░░░░░░▄▀░░░░░░░▀▀▄▄▄▀▀░░░░▀▀▄
░░░░░░░░▐▌░░░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▄
░░░░░░░░█▄▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░▄▀░▌░░░░░░▀▄▄▀▀▀▀░▀▀▄▄░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄░░░░▄▀▀▀▀▄▄█░░▐▄
░░░░░░█░▄▀░█▌▄▄▄░▀▄░█▄▄▄▄▄░▐░█░░░▀▄▄
░░░▄▄▀▀█░░░░▄██░█▌█▄▄▀██▌▄█░▌█░░░░░░▀▄
░▄▀░░░░░▀▄▀▀▀▀▀░░░▐▐░░▀▀░░░░▌█░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░▐▀▌░░░░░░░█░▌░░░░░░▐█▀░░░░░░░
▐▄░░░░▄▄▀░█░░░░░░▀█▀▀▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄▀
░░█▄▀▀░░░░░░░░░░▀█▀█▀░░░░▄▀█░░░░▄▀
░▐░░▀▀▄▄░░░░▀▄░░░░░▀▀░░░░▄▀░░▀▄▀▀
░▐▄░░░░░▀▀▄░░░▀▄▄░░░░▄▄▄▀░░░▄▀▀▄
░░░▀▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: