Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 03:59:15 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Would you give bitcoin as a wedding gift?
Yes - 168 (66.7%)
No - 72 (28.6%)
I don't care - 12 (4.8%)
Total Voters: 252

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Would you give bitcoin as a wedding gift?  (Read 17929 times)
mejalipat

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 01:34:20 PM

sorry I will not give my bitcoin as a wedding gift because bitcoin is precious to me and an investment to me
Zarbout

Activity: 168

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 01:55:40 PM

I don't think so. I prefer to buy a present with fiat and hold my coins. Plus, not everyone knows the bitcoin value.

ghost424

Activity: 630
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 01:56:05 PM

Bitcoin would be a unique gift. Though it's the same thought of giving cash but you will receive it through the internet. I think it would be less sentimental if you give bitcoin as a gift but it will help them financially.

I guess you can give them other gifts like bed sheets or curtains which can help the house decoration. You can also ask them if they want something to be sponsored at some kind of things that will be used in the wedding. Another unique way of giving someone is giving them something unexpectable. I guess these is where bitcoin comes in.
Tigran88

Activity: 193

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2017, 02:13:53 PM

A great idea is to give bitcoin as a wedding gift.
This is a very original gift. And they will decide how to dispose of them, store or sell them on the  exchange.

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
Digitalbitcoin

Activity: 1554
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2017, 02:41:51 PM

I think, I'm going to give it as a wedding gift.
On one condition, the couples know how to use it or willing to learn about bitcoin.
Actually, this is also a good way for spreading news about bitcoin.
Offering gifts on special occasions is really a great way to express your feelings towards certain person.

Are you really appreciate above mentioned idea, but still I want to add some additional features as simply introduce Bitcoin Concept to person to whom you are offering bitcoin. And while offering Bitcoins offer them with private keys. With private keys, user can access that particular private keys and funds associated with that particular address which is open source and any one can see balance.

But the condition will be Just to get information about Bitcoin and its environment so that user can get introduced to new economy.
cryptojac17

Activity: 490
Merit: 107

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 03:05:02 PM

I think, I'm going to give it as a wedding gift.
On one condition, the couples know how to use it or willing to learn about bitcoin.
Actually, this is also a good way for spreading news about bitcoin.
Offering gifts on special occasions is really a great way to express your feelings towards certain person.

Are you really appreciate above mentioned idea, but still I want to add some additional features as simply introduce Bitcoin Concept to person to whom you are offering bitcoin. And while offering Bitcoins offer them with private keys. With private keys, user can access that particular private keys and funds associated with that particular address which is open source and any one can see balance.

But the condition will be Just to get information about Bitcoin and its environment so that user can get introduced to new economy.
BTC for wedding gift is quit unique, that’s a best idea because you give excitement to the newly wed By doing so you open the mind of the new couple how Bitcoin works, same as you give the a new Business opportunity in feature endeavors.

BILGPS

Activity: 378

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 03:54:33 PM

Yes just like other gifts we give in wedding. We can give bitcoin in a wedding just like we gift a picture to a friend they become very happy to see that why because he/she is photographer. In the case of friends who are known to bitcoin we can gift bitcoin without any hesitation.

Xervo

Activity: 170

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 04:04:31 PM

I consider this an excellent idea! Bitcoin is an investment in the future, and I think that as a gift to the newlyweds, it will be very relevant. After all, the young family is facing such expenses as buying a house, transport, furniture, paying for the education of children, bitcoin in this regard will be an excellent support for the future.
Md Saad

Activity: 584
Merit: 256

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 04:07:20 PM

Bitcoin is a very much important thing for me, it is a valuable tool so that I couldn't afford such type of expensive gift. when I manage a bitcoin then I usually intend to save it for the future purpose. because I believe that Bitcoin will bring me a lot of money in the future.
shannen8

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 04:49:58 PM

No.Too expensive for a wedding gift.I would just give them a things they needed as a family.
doblok

Activity: 285

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 05:36:05 PM

I will do it later when I will be the bride I will make as a wedding gift, and this needs to be done because it will be a very beautiful moment and I will always remember Grin
kingragnar

Activity: 294

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 05:37:38 PM

for me. I will not be awarded a bitcoin to my future wife. I'm just a type of person who wants everyone to remember my gift for my future wife. It's the day you care about your life. I want the gift That's the kind of cry she's glad to miss.bitcoin isyour wedding gift as if you bought your future wife with bitcoin. So it's a bitcoin to get a wedding gift. It's just my opinion.
kkent

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 05:43:38 PM

I think that it definitely depends on the couple. If neither of them is tech savy, they will likely just forget all about it until a decade from now when you get frantic messages asking how to recover it if the price skyrockets
MoonHodler

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

Bitcoin: 1HrWs3tDzWr13zocV3qP9ENRLgiDuewtsu

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2017, 05:48:27 PM

any gift that people hold on to for a long time is nice; anything such as watches, jewelry, or bitcoin  Grin

Enjoy your life, one day at a time. Bitcoin Address: 1HrWs3tDzWr13zocV3qP9ENRLgiDuewtsu
djangocoin

Activity: 474
Merit: 285

Brave New World

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 06:31:23 PM

I guess you could if the recipient would like it and know what to do with it, pretty small group of people fit that criteria.

I personally would go the traditional route and gift them something more appropriate, but that's just me.

:]
rasmadisulaiman

Activity: 364

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 06:41:27 PM

Bitcoin as a substitute for wedding gifts does not seem right. It would be better if still give the gift of marriage in the form of goods and added by donating bitcoin to marriage partner. That's really good and more impression on the bride.

⚫▶  BUILDERIUM   |▌  CREATING THE FUTURE YOU DESIRE, ONE BID AT A TIME
███ [   Token Sale Starts  ▶  July 23 th, 2018   ] █ █ [   JOIN AIRDROP   ] ███
▬▬▬▬▬    ●    Whitepaper    ●    Facebook    ●    Twitter    ●    Telegram    ●    ▬▬▬▬▬
jumpercrypto

Activity: 28

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 06:45:26 PM

Well, I don't think I have a friend who actually is a bitcoin fan. But if in any case I do, I'd still not gonna give bitcoin to him as a gift. I'd rather give him a physical gift that he could remember me for it.
dmbragin

Activity: 56

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 07:46:06 AM

count on situation.if my wife (afterwards) get to know bitcoin initial prior to we married, i am going to give in btc. but if she dont know until we married, i will give the other (issue) but even now from bitcoin.
BlackRacerX

Activity: 462
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 07:50:21 AM

I'll definitely give bitcoins to my tech-savvy friends if they get married. Bitcoins will really help them get on their feet and start investing on digital currencies and other digital investments available.

resty

Activity: 501
Merit: 147

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 08:00:06 AM

Some tech-savvy wedding-goers are gifting the digital currency to new couples. Honeyfund, a honeymoon registry that allows guests to give cash rather than gifts, has seen more than a dozen customers donate in bitcoin, said chief executive officer and co-founder Sara Margulis. In recent years, more than a dozen customers have chosen to route donations to the site from bitcoin wallets. Zola, a wedding registry website, has had just two cash funds created for bitcoins since 2013, a spokeswoman said. "I would expect it to pop more as millennials come into the wedding age,” Honeyfund’s Margulis said. “It’s something you will do if your friends and family are already into bitcoin.

Bitcoin as an retirement plan, bitcoin to secure the future of your kids, and now bitcoin as a wedding gift. Whether or not bitcoin replaces cash in future, it looks like the trend of gifting bitcoin instead of cash at weddings is definitely going to catch up and more wedding registeries would be adding bitcoin as a gifting option.

Avoid using a wedding gift "as an opportunity to proselytize a technology you personally believe in, but the recipient could not care less about."

People who are not into bitcoin might not appreciate getting a volatile currency as a gift, and might never use it, thus adding it to the list of lost coins, but I think people who are already using bitcoin or would most probably use it in future then bitcoin instead of cash is the apt wedding gift for them.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/would-you-give-bitcoin-as-a-wedding-gift-2017-06-27

Bitcoin is applicable for both users Girl friend and Boyfriend but if not the one who accept this, is not so appreciate it but if it's convert into a money or to buy directly a car then that should be your gift for her, that's awesome
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: