Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:00:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you Panic?  (Read 39759 times)
squatter
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1196

STOP SNITCHIN'

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 03:41:20 AM

I used to panic when I first started trading and didn't have much experience. Now I don't easily panic because as long as you buy at the lowest price possible and you have patience to wait for the pump, then all is well.

I like to say, "he who panics first panics best." Cheesy I have no problem insta-dumping if my system tells me to. I know the OP is talking more about emotional panic, though.

But in all seriousness, you really can't always just "have patience." Sometimes a trade is dead, and some assets never recover. In those cases, you can baghold forever, or dump to preserve what capital you have left and live to trade another day.

Well yeah there are times like that and it happened toe a couple of times as well when a coin i've invested on died and i was left with the lowest amount possible. Though that can be avoided if you're trading with known altcoins. Still in general, being patient applies to most trades to avoid large losses.

Definitely agree. The major coins generally will recover if you have patience. And certainly, we can expect bitcoin to (as we've seen time and time again). It was the low market cap altcoins I was talking about, which can see a lot of hype early on, but die and never recover. Once it's on the chopping block for de-listing, you better hope for an exit pump and get out either way.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ubitcoin

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 04:48:24 PM

I used to panic when I first started trading and didn't have much experience. Now I don't easily panic because as long as you buy at the lowest price possible and you have patience to wait for the pump, then all is well.

I like to say, "he who panics first panics best." Cheesy I have no problem insta-dumping if my system tells me to. I know the OP is talking more about emotional panic, though.

But in all seriousness, you really can't always just "have patience." Sometimes a trade is dead, and some assets never recover. In those cases, you can baghold forever, or dump to preserve what capital you have left and live to trade another day.

Well yeah there are times like that and it happened toe a couple of times as well when a coin i've invested on died and i was left with the lowest amount possible. Though that can be avoided if you're trading with known altcoins. Still in general, being patient applies to most trades to avoid large losses.

Definitely agree. The major coins generally will recover if you have patience. And certainly, we can expect bitcoin to (as we've seen time and time again). It was the low market cap altcoins I was talking about, which can see a lot of hype early on, but die and never recover. Once it's on the chopping block for de-listing, you better hope for an exit pump and get out either way.
I agree with you in the regard that famous coins do have the potential of recovering after a bad or even worst dump and bitcoins is on the top of list among these coins.
Bitcoins really demand patience in order to be a successful investor with them. The coins with little support often die in dumping stages.
albertvert

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 06:34:20 PM

I agree with you in the regard that famous coins do have the potential of recovering after a bad or even worst dump and bitcoins is on the top of list among these coins.
Bitcoins really demand patience in order to be a successful investor with them. The coins with little support often die in dumping stages.

Since it's a famous coin you no need to fear of bitcoin.You can trust the bitcoin blindly. Bitcoin is the king of all altcoin. No need to panic on anything. Some getting panic due to the Price variation. But just the price, tomorrow is 4200$.Today the price is around 4400$ and again it goes to 4000$.This price will not affect the bitcoin value .Just think the price is not goes below 4000$.
hovrah

Activity: 756

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 06:37:26 PM

Since it's a famous coin you no need to fear of bitcoin.You can trust the bitcoin blindly. Bitcoin is the king of all altcoin. No need to panic on anything. Some getting panic due to the Price variation. But just the price, tomorrow is 4200$.Today the price is around 4400$ and again it goes to 4000$.This price will not affect the bitcoin value .Just think the price is not goes below 4000$.
But I'll start with the fact that the price has gone down for the last day to 3 800 dollars, although of course this is not critical. Apparently the leather exchange holds a coin in its own way. Because the difference of $ 150 is very important on different projects. Although 4000 will be stable, And before the end of the year Perhaps we will see a new high today at Bitcoin.
MyIdeas

Activity: 734

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 08:40:15 PM

What you said something about fear? Yes it is right that no one need to afraid from bitcoin. But i would like to say that why would you said that fear? If someone have mentioned something like that ignore them because they are even don't know there father name that's why they are talking like that they are afraid of bitcoin.
vfrcbv91

Activity: 337
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 08:42:53 PM

For all the time that I watch the cryptocurrency markets I do understand one thing - never, under any circumstances, to dump 100% of the coins should be left as investing 10-15% of coins because forgetting about them after six months or a year, you can discover a pleasant surprise )
bohr

Activity: 994
Merit: 257

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 10:34:10 PM

oh how I still vividly remember my daytrading days.. Everytime I see very small dips in the price graphs, I actually always feel the urge to panic sell. Same thing with small price rises, the urge to panic buy is also there. To sum it all up, I was very impatient. Hence obviously, I was losing alot more than I was profiting. Never again. I know better now, I only trade sort of semi-longterm(one trade a week or so). That way, the risks are way lower than daytrading.

Not saying that daytrading can't be profitable though. It definitely can, if you know what you're doing.
The amount of people that can beat the market are very low, so it it not your fault that you could not beat the market, however some people live all their life with that delusion and lose a fortune when they could make a lot more money by just buying and holding, it is a good thing that you have decided to leave day trading behind and are more conservative in your trades.
feiss

Activity: 155
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 02:48:40 AM

For all the time that I watch the cryptocurrency markets I do understand one thing - never, under any circumstances, to dump 100% of the coins should be left as investing 10-15% of coins because forgetting about them after six months or a year, you can discover a pleasant surprise )
That is the reason why I don't watch the market every minute because when I see that the price is going down I tend to feel nervous and I feel the urge of selling my coins but then I learned that I have to deal with it by means of patience.

Slowhand26

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 12:43:08 PM

That is the reason why I don't watch the market every minute because when I see that the price is going down I tend to feel nervous and I feel the urge of selling my coins but then I learned that I have to deal with it by means of patience.

By far, this is the most simple and on point i've read. Maybe because I can relate haha. I always check polo every hour and it really make me nervous especially now that altcoins is really way too deep and red. I'll try your suggestion, I really need more patience.
nexus99
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 12:54:07 PM

I try to ground myself and not start doing actions I would regret later. And I try not to check the prices like every second. But of course it's all easier said than done
Hamphser

Activity: 2478
Merit: 326

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 01:43:59 PM

I try to ground myself and not start doing actions I would regret later. And I try not to check the prices like every second. But of course it's all easier said than done
You are right its really an easy thing to say but its really hard to be done this is why strong self control and discipline is really needed. Panic do usually happens when we saw decline of prices which is really very a normal thing but there are really disadvantage if we do such thing. Panic selling is the common mistake on most newbie traders or investors when they saw that its starting to go down they do start to rattle.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
shintosai

Activity: 756

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 02:14:57 PM

You are right its really an easy thing to say but its really hard to be done this is why strong self control and discipline is really needed. Panic do usually happens when we saw decline of prices which is really very a normal thing but there are really disadvantage if we do such thing. Panic selling is the common mistake on most newbie traders or investors when they saw that its starting to go down they do start to rattle.
that's why better to do your homework and make sure you understand the risk before placing your entry it can be apply in all the investment that
we will going to, panic is for those who never bother to understand the flow and the movements of our investment, and for me you wont panic if
you are in the long term goal.

cinchin

Activity: 308

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 03:39:42 PM

that's why better to do your homework and make sure you understand the risk before placing your entry it can be apply in all the investment that
we will going to, panic is for those who never bother to understand the flow and the movements of our investment, and for me you wont panic if
you are in the long term goal.
- Indeed, if we research and understand where we invest, we will not need to panic, because we have a basis for believing, we predict on the basis and the ability to predict come true is very large, so there is not any reason can make us panic
- Panic people are those who follow the market trend, they do not have too many skills and experience, they see the price increases they will buy and hope the price will be higher but the price will actually fall, they will panic and sell all, they do not understand and know what they invest, they just rely on luck
aishyoo17

Activity: 490

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 04:51:35 PM

I stay away from my portfolio so that I won't panic more and might sell every coin that I have in a losing position. I know a trader must set a stop limit but I don't want to sell when I know that I lose money. I rather wait for it to bounce back again.

▄▄▄▄
▐████▌
▀██▀
▐▌
▄██▄
▄▄▄▄ ▐████▌ ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▐████▌
████  ▄▄▄▄  ████
▐████▌
▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌      ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀
▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌
▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄
▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀
ivy|FACILITATING SECURE, TRANSPARENT
BUSINESS PAYMENTS ON A GLOBAL SCALE

─────────  ❱❱  WHITEPAPER  ❰❰  ─────────
|
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
|[.
JOIN US NOW!
]|
ladydark

Activity: 686

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 01:54:02 PM

Yes,i have got panic many times when i was a newbie as it didn't had enough experience to handle the situation efficiently.I used to buy coins which were rapidly increasing in price without knowing that it is being pumped and had got panic when its price falled rapidly due to dumping and immediately sold those coins at very cheap price in huge loss.If i had made a thorough survey and found the most under valued coin to invest,then i would have not got panic and i would have completed the trade successfully.

Pommier

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 04:22:16 PM

Two years ago I panicked and lost 2,8BTC t win just 5$ more... That is actually the thing I regret the most in my life. It took me quite some time to forget about it, but now I am totally decided to earn them back.
bucker steemit

Activity: 302
Merit: 120

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 04:30:10 PM

If in that situation I will choose hold, it will reduce the sense of panic. And there are some proverbs if you want to succeed in the world of trading so as not to panic. Do not put eggs in one basket. Meaning I never trade with a single coin. If one of the coins that I bought down I still have another chance on coin. And need to remember the actual panic can be eliminated, before want to buy a coin is a good first research coin tersebut.jadi no word panic in trading.

dmamigo

Activity: 1232

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 05:56:34 PM

I stay away from my portfolio so that I won't panic more and might sell every coin that I have in a losing position. I know a trader must set a stop limit but I don't want to sell when I know that I lose money. I rather wait for it to bounce back again.

A brilliant move I also follow unless I am doing a day trade. And if you are holding for long, nothing can help other than this if you aren't mentally and emotionally strong. But cutting from it totally might affect you, a proper information about the market and the coin you holding is important to keep with you, to take actions on right time. Just forget that you have hoarded them, just keep yourself updated daily.
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3514
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 06:19:44 PM

I believe a long-term holder will be able to stay away from his portfolio but a day trader cannot stay away from market screens. When you are not sure about what will be happening next then it will be impossible to stay away from your portfolio. You must have definite levels for your trading so that you can stay away from trading which must be helping control your emotions.

I am just a long-term holder and I never need to check price levels or what is happening today with bitcoin markets. I simply hold my bitcoins in cold storage and I never get chances to panic.

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
raven7886
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1041

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 07:50:22 AM

You will make good profits if keep practicing this strategy. It is somehow cute that you know about bad control over emotions and avoid wrong decisions by not visiting your profile too much. Being patient is all that is demanded in trading. Since we all know that coins regain their values, so it is highly stupid to sell them off in dumping stage.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »
  Print  

Jump to: