Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:06:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you Panic?  (Read 39759 times)
JJriver

Activity: 173
Merit: 100

W12 – Blockchain protocol

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 12:07:29 PM

I stopped panicking after selling coins and was left not only without profit, but also lost money. Panic will only lead to losses in trade or investment, you need to remain cold.

W12.io  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Blockchain protocol                         
            Built F O R :    ❤ Charity Market    ⚫ ICO    ֆ CROWDFUNDING

TELEGRAM WHITEPAPER TWITTER FACEBOOK ▬▬▬▬▬ ❱❱ R E G I S T E R  for the  TO K E N  S A L E ❰❰
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ankylotic

Activity: 477
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 12:17:30 PM

I don't panic really. When an altcoin I hold drops I know it will recover eventually because I always analyze my investment before investing in the first place. I think I will consider panicking once the internet shuts off for some reason.
I agree with that it is not needed to panic. It is needed always to control itself and investments. And reasons for panic, as time showed, - no.
in trading or in any business you should have to got enough confidence to handle pressure mostly in the case of any kind of loss you have to be strong enough to handle it and you should have to be strong enough to take take risk.
this is the only way that you can got success in the trading the person who panic all the time when got loss in the trading cannot survive long in it.
Tungsten-1

Activity: 994
Merit: 256

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 08:29:59 AM

Well, I haven't done any sell yet but this thread has open my eyes on the potential risk of being too emotional specially seeing a down trend of the market price. I will keep all the advise here in my mind and I hope that I will not do anything stupid when it comes to selling. Its really hard to control our emotions, but I will try to keep it check.
When i panic. I sell my coins too low because the thing is i was being nervous i dont trust the coins too much thats why. I have been regreting selling my coins to early because now the coins that i am holding is now bigger than my expected amout of btc. So i need to be learn not to be panic.
A lot of people are feeling same with you, because they are worried to lost or get trap by the short dump of whales. And try to sell their coin with hope to grab the more coin at the cheap price but they are know that already a big mistake to sell their coin at the dump.

these worries lead the person to be emotional and make them to take wring step, so they should be a man and tackle these kind of situations and they have to think smartly, if they make decision with emotions then definitely they loss and regret when their emotions gone. I don’t understand you words about whale, I mean who do we get trapped in whales?
zzwensel11

Activity: 160

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 08:35:38 AM

I just found this: "The four simple steps to counter a panic attack: 1. Relax, 2. Stop Negative Thinking, 3. Use Coping Statements, 4. Accept Your Feelings." I should have known about this before I started trading crypto's.

░▒▓█ / / /X42/ / / WELCOME TO FEELESS FUTURE! █▓▒░
Kevin77
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 08:53:47 AM

Knowledge/learning and experience/skills are two different things. Just knowledge won't get you anywhere, you will need experience and skills too.
Very well said. Just knowledge can’t take you to the highness of something. Experience must be in pair with knowledge so that both can cooperate with each other resulting to make a good move. Same is the case in trade, you being panic can’t make good decisions.

You must have knowledge, just use your experience that you had with your last time panic situation and make a good profitable result. Don’t be panic, get experienced with it.
hovrah

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 09:18:05 AM

Knowledge/learning and experience/skills are two different things. Just knowledge won't get you anywhere, you will need experience and skills too.
Very well said. Just knowledge can’t take you to the highness of something. Experience must be in pair with knowledge so that both can cooperate with each other resulting to make a good move. Same is the case in trade, you being panic can’t make good decisions.

You must have knowledge, just use your experience that you had with your last time panic situation and make a good profitable result. Don’t be panic, get experienced with it.
The fact is that when there is a stable income and it is enough for you, then you practically calm down. But when you are engaged in crypto currency and you get much more than you expected, then any price fluctuations and excitement on the exchange, very much starts to influence the psychological state. I'm not so much in panic, but that nemesis can be the case when nerves are taken.
ReLieD

Activity: 546
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 02:52:53 PM

Whether its bitcoin trading or altcoin trading, there is bound to come a time when your investment is getting dumped badly, and its panic time.
How do you panic? Does that really make you panic and do you take decisions that you actually regretted later? Or do you keep calm and HODL?
What makes you panic and how do you react to it?
Let me take example of Bitcoin. Even if the price of Bitcoin fall , I know that they will surely rise , so there is no need for anyone to panic when it comes about Bitcoin. You just have to do an RnD of it before buying or investing.
Well I don't prefer to buy bitcoins , I just earn them keeping me away from any risks and free profit

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█          ▄         ▄      ▄▄▄▄▄
█       ▄███      ▄███      █████
█        ████      ████     ▀▀▀▀▀
█         ████      ████
█          ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█           █████████████████████
█            ▀█████▄   ▀█████▄
█              ▀█████▀   ▀█████▀
█                 ▀▀        ▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█▀▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄▄█
ProzCoin

Activity: 364

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 05:43:48 PM

I don't panic really. When an altcoin I hold drops I know it will recover eventually because I always analyze my investment before investing in the first place. I think I will consider panicking once the internet shuts off for some reason.
I agree with that it is not needed to panic. It is needed always to control itself and investments. And reasons for panic, as time showed, - no.
you need to know that it is not easy to control your emotions over time. When you see the prices of altcoins or bitcoin are low, you will feel panic and there will be a strong feeling tell you that you should sell all of your bitcoin. I have been in trading for a year and right now, I still find it struggle when we see the coins which we are holding go down

supercanada1

Activity: 798
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 07:50:03 PM

I just found this: "The four simple steps to counter a panic attack: 1. Relax, 2. Stop Negative Thinking, 3. Use Coping Statements, 4. Accept Your Feelings." I should have known about this before I started trading crypto's.

This is helpful. I think I must start this new exercise to avoid being panic. I use my own strategy for avoiding panic that is I go outside, go to see my friends, go for exercise, spend time enjoying nature, comes back home, avoid thinking negatively, start thinking further strategy and planning. And the stress is gone. But now I am so used to it that I don’t get panic so easily.
MyIdeas

Activity: 734

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 10:13:52 PM

Well, I haven't done any sell yet but this thread has open my eyes on the potential risk of being too emotional specially seeing a down trend of the market price. I will keep all the advise here in my mind and I hope that I will not do anything stupid when it comes to selling. Its really hard to control our emotions, but I will try to keep it check.

There's a big risk in crypto currencies and if you have a weak feeling or heart you'll feeling sorry about it. And when I panic, I usually almost sell all my stash, all the coins and my main coin which is bitcoin. That's why I hate that feeling when after selling those coins, there's a 50%++ increase and I really regret.
There is always risk in trade because you never get to know what all is happening next. Sometimes you are waiting for a high up in price and suddenly there is a plunge and you are heart-fell on it. You have to control your emotions even if it is a matter of profit or loss but yes its difficult especially in loss when you sell and next day it goes like 20%+
Paid Piper

Activity: 329
Merit: 254

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 11:00:31 PM

There's a big risk in crypto currencies and if you have a weak feeling or heart you'll feeling sorry about it. And when I panic, I usually almost sell all my stash, all the coins and my main coin which is bitcoin. That's why I hate that feeling when after selling those coins, there's a 50%++ increase and I really regret.
There is always risk in trade because you never get to know what all is happening next. Sometimes you are waiting for a high up in price and suddenly there is a plunge and you are heart-fell on it. You have to control your emotions even if it is a matter of profit or loss but yes its difficult especially in loss when you sell and next day it goes like 20%+
yes no doubt that risk is always there not only in bitcoin trading but in all other trading and investment, in fact no one can predict about trading or investment 100% correct. but if you want to make money then you must take the risk, because there is no such a safe way of trading or investment where the risk of losing money is not involve.
magmar

Activity: 476

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 12:25:13 AM

Whether its bitcoin trading or altcoin trading, there is bound to come a time when your investment is getting dumped badly, and its panic time.
How do you panic? Does that really make you panic and do you take decisions that you actually regretted later? Or do you keep calm and HODL?

I do not panic actually because panic just leads you into wrong decisions. But when my investment is getting dumped badly, I'm just getting disappointed that I trust them that their value will rise but they never did. Then I will regret that I didn't sell it before, that I hold it for a long time for nothing. But shit happens in our life, if we just know how to control our emotions we will be a good businessman. Being in this business needs a lot of patience that's why we succeed.
rhomzkie26

Activity: 476

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 03:01:16 AM

Panicking when you reach around 800% profit, then it goes to 650%, then 700%, and you sell at 600% when you see it reach 500% afterwhile and take a break before investing back again when you see a calmer market.
In this case, many of the traders usually sell their coins once the crashing the value is fast, but like what I had observe according to different advise by many, no matter how big the price value drop or fall. Just keep on waiting and be patience, still go for holding with strong determination and belief in the coins.
CAPT.DEADPOOL

Activity: 854
Merit: 102

PHORE

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 04:10:22 AM

if the other traders if got a profit then sell all he/she coin have

bustomi

Activity: 224

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 08:29:24 AM

It's still depend on every people, if we panic when trading then nothing profit you get, just hodl if we don't want to loss, we just losing our time in trading, that is how i control my panic
Hamphser

Activity: 2478
Merit: 325

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 09:05:34 AM

I do not panic actually because panic just leads you into wrong decisions. But when my investment is getting dumped badly, I'm just getting disappointed that I trust them that their value will rise but they never did. Then I will regret that I didn't sell it before, that I hold it for a long time for nothing. But shit happens in our life, if we just know how to control our emotions we will be a good businessman. Being in this business needs a lot of patience that's why we succeed.
This is really happening on trading world on which there would really be point on which we would be a bag holder of those shit coins that didnt tend to pump up again after its getting dumped by its users or investors on which its really a frustrating thing this is why sometimes i can think off that panic selling do have some advantages on this kind of situation but the hardest thing is that we wont know if its the right time to panic sell or not.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Chyton

Activity: 322
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 09:16:08 AM

I usually panic hard  Grin after the price gone below my selling price I'll usually buy some more because why not? I'm staying away from trading at this moment, I prefer long term investment this day.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
Anonymous and Untraceable
ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord 

▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
streazight

Activity: 910
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 06:18:17 PM

Exactly it is case. Everyone must have known this even he/she is trader or not. Emotions also play with us at bad times especially. Many of us made huge mistakes when indulged in this game of emotions and made wrong move. Same is the case trading. You must not be panic at hard times in trading.
bohr

Activity: 994
Merit: 257

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 09:06:21 PM
Last edit: September 02, 2017, 09:50:38 PM by bohr

I think Panoc comes when you mindlessly throw away logic and just give in to your fear or anxiety or to whatever you are seeing and not planning something. However what I do during those times is that I take a rest and plan out what are my options and check which is a compromise that I willing to take.
I think the panic also comes from the fact that many people do not know what is their goal when they trade, if you buy an alt and  you know that the only thing you want to do with is to hold for the long term, then you do not get panic if you see the price going down, you just accept that and you may even buy more of that alt, but if you are not convinced about your investment you are going to begin to second guess your decision to hold for the long term.
RealPhotoshoper
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 09:51:45 PM

Exactly it is case. Everyone must have known this even he/she is trader or not. Emotions also play with us at bad times especially. Many of us made huge mistakes when indulged in this game of emotions and made wrong move. Same is the case trading. You must not be panic at hard times in trading.
It is not that easy , when you are in the game (while trading) the pressure is so high.
Especially when you do it in huge amount, you won't feel fine to lost even for 1%!
I have experienced it many times , and things could make you relax is when you have a lot of experience enough.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »
  Print  

Jump to: