Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 12:15:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you Panic?  (Read 39762 times)
loty1825

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 10:31:08 PM

Whether its bitcoin trading or altcoin trading, there is bound to come a time when your investment is getting dumped badly, and its panic time.
How do you panic? Does that really make you panic and do you take decisions that you actually regretted later? Or do you keep calm and HODL?
What makes you panic and how do you react to it?

I don't panic. What's that? I usually just hold and also buy more coins when the prices are falling. Sometimes I also sell a small percentage of my holding and try to buy it again at lower price. But I never sell all of it. The market is very unpredictable, so it's too much risk selling it all.

To deal with panic it's very important to believe in the coins you hold. If you did the research and are sure blockchains are technologies with great perspective and you did your research on the coins you hold it won't be hard to believe in them, so you'll have no reason to panic at all. But if you just trust hints of other people on forums and don't really know the coin you hold it will be very hard not to panic and keep holding when your portfolio is red.

And also never invest money you know you'll need at some point in the future. This way you'll never have the need to sell with loss and will have time to wait patiently for your holdings to be green again.

EDIT: And another good point is you should know that every market always tends to go up. There are events, usually planned by large investors that manipulate the market, that will cause the market to crash. This way the big guys get their coins cheap. But whenever they buy cheap, they're interested to sell their cheap bought coins with profits. So you can be 100% sure that after every drop they will manipulate the market price to rise. So there's really no reason for worries when prices are falling.

mallboat

Activity: 44

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 08:06:03 AM

Whether its bitcoin trading or altcoin trading, there is bound to come a time when your investment is getting dumped badly, and its panic time.
How do you panic? Does that really make you panic and do you take decisions that you actually regretted later? Or do you keep calm and HODL?

When i am new in the world of trading i cannot control myself when i see the market go down and i absolutely in the state of panic what i do is dump my coins without even any thinking i am only after to the remaining funds i will be getting. But now i had learned that i should control my emotions and hold on to my investments because as a rule we should buy low and sel high i always keep that rule on my mind and now i do not panic anymore because it causes a lot of stress just need to be calm and wait patiently.
cotton ball

Activity: 1288
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 08:40:42 AM

My panic arose during the hardfork process a few months ago, when the market was in uncertainty and made a sharp decline in the price of crypto currency, I finally made a lot of cutloss and only a few btc left in my wallet account.

But that period is over and I try to be more calm in the face of hardfork in the middle of this month, at least not having to go with the panic of the global market and trying to regulate personal balance.
Granxis

Activity: 1400
Merit: 536

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 08:42:51 AM

I do not have a lot of panic characters, but I panick like everyone else when it comes to huge amounts of money. When you panic, I look at the fish in the aquarium and I look and relax Smiley

.Duelbits.
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
..DICE...
███████████████████████████████
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███                         ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
.MINES.
████████████████████████▄▀▄████
██████████████▀▄▄▄▀█████▄▀▄████
████████████▀ █████▄▀████ █████
██████████      █████▄▀▀▄██████
███████▀          ▀████████████
█████▀              ▀██████████
█████                ██████████
████▌                ▐█████████
█████                ██████████
██████▄            ▄███████████
████████▄▄      ▄▄█████████████
.PLINKO.
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
██████▀  ▄▄███ ███      ▀██████
█████  ▄▀▀                █████
████  ▀                    ████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
NEARLY UP TO
.50%. REWARDS
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
Marioboro

Activity: 243

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 10:51:12 AM

I don't panic coz i'm on crypto this is not like the forex or stocks where you need not to experience the red days or the blood bath. Here on crypto we can endure those red days coz eventually the values of coins are getting back at it's peak. were masochist says the stocks and forex traders.
musty97

Activity: 106

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 12:06:22 PM

one times I hold more than 100k$ and everything fall down. I lost 50% my fund. and lucky sometime panic sell is good. Who hold this coin now only have 10% their fund left
loty1825

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 01:44:24 PM

My panic arose during the hardfork process a few months ago, when the market was in uncertainty and made a sharp decline in the price of crypto currency, I finally made a lot of cutloss and only a few btc left in my wallet account.

But that period is over and I try to be more calm in the face of hardfork in the middle of this month, at least not having to go with the panic of the global market and trying to regulate personal balance.

There's absolutely no reason to panic because of hard forks. I guess many of us already learned this in July. Hard works are very positive, they're just normal process of making blockchains better. I expect less FUD because of the fork in November than there was in July. And in future as more and more hard forks happen everybody will accept them as a normal way of improving blockchains so the prices should go up, not down.

jimskiy

Activity: 574
Merit: 100

Bitway.net - The Best Bitcoin Mining Network

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 01:56:29 PM

i panic a lot.. its so traumatize to see price fall down and didnt rise in certain time Sad

BTC BitwayBTC
The Best Bitcoin Mining Network
────────  DiscordInstagram ♦  Twitter ♦  Bitcointalk ♦  Reddit ♦  Facebook   ────────
Panah Arjuna

Activity: 195

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 04:46:15 PM

I have never experienced any panic in this field, because I have not had the funds I hold in this bitcoin.
Compared to people who have held a large volume. And if later, I have funds and when I invest heavily, I will not be relaxed, because I know about his nature and also have the trust he holds. So with confidence I have held that small fund as a long term investment.
bohr

Activity: 994
Merit: 257

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 06:22:28 PM

I think panic is a common thing, especially for new users because of their lack of experience and knowledge.
Keep remain and observe, the market will surely recover after a while. if market goes low , then maybe you can consider to exchange it.

Panic comes from inexperience, I remember the first time that I bought bitcoin, I did not do it to invest rather it was because I wanted to buy somethings with it and the next day it went down 50 dollars, I panicked but I did not sell, then two days later everything was back to normal, that was my first experience with bitcoin volatility, now bitcoin loses 1000 dollars and I just think another day in the office.
dutchkay

Activity: 434

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 06:37:27 PM

I don't panic like screaming or get stressed out, once a trade goes really bad I always keep a calm mind and calculating how to tackle the situation. I have experienced the worst but I still keep a level head
Koadharber

Activity: 1065
Merit: 510

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 06:42:39 PM

I don't panic like screaming or get stressed out, once a trade goes really bad I always keep a calm mind and calculating how to tackle the situation. I have experienced the worst but I still keep a level head
Thats a literal panic. lol. Keep your cool and temper would be the best thing to do specially when you saw that your portfolio is on reds.For weak hands you would really easily panic specially if you are a newbie on this field you would eventually panic sell and cut loss because you dont like to lose money even more but eventually youll end up on regretting when price tends to recover again or even high on the amount you did buy those coins.
loty1825

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 07:12:58 PM

Whenever your profits are in red keep in mind that as long as you hold and don't convert to fiat, you haven't lost anything. So why panic? And the same goes when they're green. It's just inexperienced traders that look at their portfolio this way. I really don't understand people who look at their portfolio value in USD every day and are happy because it's green or panic because it's red. Until you convert to fiat, you haven't really lost or gained anything. So there's no reason to feel good or bad about it.

buyinbtc
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1010

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 07:44:22 PM

I don't panic ..i'm become crazy. Just kidding.
No, i don't panic. Because i have nothing to worry. Grin

Same here, there's no reason to panic at all, because i am sure that i won't lose my money. Sure, it might take some time for me to get my money pack/get profit from altcoin, but i know that eventually day like this will come. I just have to wait and keep my coins!

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
ici_lemmy

Activity: 254

Hydax Exchange

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 07:56:24 PM

I don't panic ..i'm become crazy. Just kidding.
No, i don't panic. Because i have nothing to worry. Grin

Same here, there's no reason to panic at all, because i am sure that i won't lose my money. Sure, it might take some time for me to get my money pack/get profit from altcoin, but i know that eventually day like this will come. I just have to wait and keep my coins!
ya but some time you need sell your coin to get some money to invest another coin for a better profit then comeback later
wareen
Millionaire
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1001

Revolutionizing Brokerage of Personal Data

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 08:05:20 PM

When i am new in the world of trading i cannot control myself when i see the market go down and i absolutely in the state of panic what i do is dump my coins without even any thinking i am only after to the remaining funds i will be getting. But now i had learned that i should control my emotions and hold on to my investments because as a rule we should buy low and sel high i always keep that rule on my mind and now i do not panic anymore because it causes a lot of stress just need to be calm and wait patiently.
In my opinion, you will not control your emotion if you still have not any plans before start trading. Because when you do that, you are trading as a noob, not is a smart investor and use your brain to trading, only depends on your luck and speculation.

▄▄▀▀▄▄
    ▄▄▀▀▄▄██▄▄▀▀▄▄
▄▄▀▀▄▄█████▄████▄▄▀▀▄▄
█▀▀█▄█████████████
█▄▄████▀   ▀██████
███████     █▄████
█████▀█▄   ▄██████
█▄█████▌   ▐█████
█████▀█     ██████
██▄███████████████
▀▀▄▄▀▀█████▀████▀▀▄▄▀▀
    ▀▀▄▄▀▀██▀▀▄▄▀▀
        ▀▀▄▄▀▀
.PDATA..
TOKEN..
██
██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██
██
██
██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██

██  ██
██  ██

██  ██
██
██
██
██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██
██
TELEGRAM     BITCOINTALK     FACEBOOK
MEDIUM    SLACK    TWITTER    YOUTUBE
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   E M A I L   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
██
██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██

██  ██
██  ██

██  ██
██
██
swscowods

Activity: 419

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 06:46:12 AM

It depends on the coin, if it isn't well established, it is advisable to sell, you could buy them back later at an even cheaper rate. With BTC and the popular coins, I hold.
I will advice same to those who are dealing with multiple crypto currencies, whenever your altcoins is dumping for long time it is very much sagacious to sell it off and be on safe side. I only deal in bitcoins so even when they are dumping, I am very relaxed and keep buying more bitcoins because I know they are soon going to pump leaving me rich.
BitcoinCommodor

Activity: 504
Merit: 106

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 07:12:10 AM

I do not panic, maybe because I am just new here or I really enjoy seeing how every event and situations affect the price of bitcoins. I am learning more through it and I am understanding more of it. Yes it's a bit disappointing to see your savings go down, I mean very low but it's a part of earning. I do not regret holding it.
I must say that you will get a very good amount of profit in the end if you keep on thinking in the same way. I think there is no point of getting panic no matter what the conditions are. Getting panic is not the solution of any problem, in fact it will add on more problems. You need to remain calm and cool.
vandvl

Activity: 154

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 08:13:12 AM

ones you enter to the world of trading  must you know how to handle your self you know how to handle your panic because emotion is bring you down if you dont know how to handle....when im in panic mode i magine may token and give it trust....
ivanst776
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 08:19:57 AM

I think the word "PANIC" should be banned from the dictionary of a good trader. Even if you're not, you have everytime planned a "PLANE B" or "PLANE C" where you can avoid all type of panic. Normally people in panic start selling/buying without reasons, and lost a 5% - 10% just for choose the wrong time.
I like that! Panicking should not even be in the dictionary of a pro trader. Only a baby trader that has no idea about trading will panic once they start having some issues with probably an immature decision they must have made.
Apparently every trader must have had a good plan before going in on any asset and that helps them to make quality decisions irrespective of what the situation may end up being.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »
  Print  

Jump to: