Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 08:33:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you Panic?  (Read 39760 times)
Elange

Activity: 73
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 09:10:17 PM

Whether its bitcoin trading or altcoin trading, there is bound to come a time when your investment is getting dumped badly, and its panic time.
How do you panic? Does that really make you panic and do you take decisions that you actually regretted later? Or do you keep calm and HODL?
What makes you panic and how do you react to it?

You are supposed to have a single strategy that you need to think through before you get into any investment. Then, you just act accordingly.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
alfs75

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

platform for everyday business

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 10:06:46 PM

Whether its bitcoin trading or altcoin trading, there is bound to come a time when your investment is getting dumped badly, and its panic time.
How do you panic? Does that really make you panic and do you take decisions that you actually regretted later? Or do you keep calm and HODL?

Ive panic when all investor of cryptocurrency just to sell all there stocks and turns back to fiat money,and all over the world will band btc,that the time ive considered it loss,but if only few crypto just sell their stock i not to worry that,only i hoard all of my stock and time its turn back to normal thats the time i trade again.

T O W E R B E E      |  PLATFORM FOR EVERYDAY BUSINESS       [ CRYPTOEXCHANGE TowerX ]
▬        ICO  >  on our exchange TowerX        ▬
FACEBOOK           MEDIUM           TWITTER           LINKEDIN           REDDIT           TELEGRAM
n691309
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 04:30:51 AM
Last edit: April 12, 2018, 01:31:29 PM by n691309

Seeing others selling cheap makes panic.
nasipadang

Activity: 1274
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 04:53:35 AM

I often panic when the rate starts to fall, when I panic I can only see and hold until the rate goes back up, sometimes I also panic sell it, depending on my mood as well, but usually if I panic I will think of other things and do my hobbies.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com  Super Six 
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
6 BTC PRIZE POOL
TAKE PART
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
loty1825

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 09:59:02 AM

Even pro traders do panic or some of them just exit ,take the profit and leave the market i have a mentor who do that things they don't stay in a very volatilte hype market but others do use to take short trades which is very risky .And i do panic also sometimes or called FOMO .

Avoiding volatile markets isn't the same as panicking. Volatile markets are risky and it's very hard to be long term profitable trader if you get involved in too much risk. Good traders know how to minimize their risk. They tend to be patient and rather take smaller risks making smaller profits, but make the profits consistent. Your mentor doesn't seem to be a panic seller, but a very wise man that makes rational decisions.

And to those who say one has to panic to learn not to. I don't think I ever did. I never invest any money I can't afford to lose. That helps against panicking a lot. For every dime I invest I think of it as it was lost already and I think of every profit I make as a bonus I'm thankful for. I'm also aware losses on market are just normal part of trading aswell as profits are.

GregH37
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1037

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 05:17:13 PM

Whenever I feel the need/urge, I turn off my computer and to to the gym. Call it lame but it sure helps me save money!
Lol yeah that will be an amazing source of relief. And let me tell you this is best strategy for saving your money and health from tension, to make yourself just contacted with your pleasure after having a grief or panic moment. You must just leave your computer and get into anything that pleasures you. Better it would be for your business.
Babebottle

Activity: 112

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 06:25:13 PM

nope, i usually buy a small amount at the low price, then if it behave well, i will continue to  buy more,and sell them at a high price, so i am not panic 
Crytpozer0

Activity: 148

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 06:29:10 PM

I have learned to never panic and you should do the same, unless you are a beginner you should know to never panic, most of the altcoins gain their prices back once they are in a few % of +.

ceedtime

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 06:29:35 PM

Whenever I feel the need/urge, I turn off my computer and to to the gym. Call it lame but it sure helps me save money!
Lol yeah that will be an amazing source of relief. And let me tell you this is best strategy for saving your money and health from tension, to make yourself just contacted with your pleasure after having a grief or panic moment. You must just leave your computer and get into anything that pleasures you. Better it would be for your business.

I generally panic if my positions goes to loss. I used to make margin trade in old days, but I'm not doing it anymore.
AngelSky

Activity: 1008
Merit: 537

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 07:27:47 PM

Now it's not a time to get panic as like past.It's the right to sell your holding bitcoin, to get double the price of The price of bitcoin is around the value of 4700$.So ,don't get panic .If you are holding the value of 1Bitcoin means,you will get huge profit from it.With that profit you can brought a Brand New Royal Enfield Bike. Avoid of panic selling. All the time bitcoin will give us hand .
TheAndy500

Activity: 1232
Merit: 266

> CAMPAIGN MANAGER < https://t.me/TheAndy500

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 08:56:40 PM

You can not panic if you want to make money or start earning some money by playing with the market or exchanging with others.

KingdomHearts

Activity: 896
Merit: 514

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 08:14:04 AM

I don't panic. The worst thing you can do when trading is to panic. If you want to lose all of your money, feel free to panic sell or buy a few times a day for one week... hahaha.

I don't think anyone is like that. People do panic every once in a while and that's normal. Its part of your experience in becoming an efficient trader to know how to ride situations that can cause panic

I agree. You're not human if you don't panic. Grin
It's okay to feel that but after you felt that just let go, breath in and think it's all usual like there's nothing to worry.
Because if panic eats you, you be able to do things unnecessarily.
Even pro traders do panic or some of them just exit ,take the profit and leave the market i have a mentor who do that things they don't stay in a very volatilte hype market but others do use to take short trades which is very risky .And i do panic also sometimes or called FOMO .
Many times panic comes in your way but you have to deal with it rather just leave the market. That is no solution to the problem. You have to digest this fact, things will be against your side. So it is you only who have to decide whether to learn from the mistakes or win. Leaving market in hype situation is of no use.
Better explained about the fact. Yes it is the matter of reality that market is somehow saturated with so and so many traders of different level. Competition is there to get more profits. Some use many of the newcomers and fetch their profits out of them and it seriously happens. Now you have to be stable in your decisions. Don’t let them make profits from your panic situations.
bohr

Activity: 994
Merit: 257

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 04:46:25 PM

You should not be asking this question man. The real question is how do you avoid panicking?
I think it is impossible to avoid panicking, you may reduce the amount of times you panic but at the end if you have a lot of money invested in a coin and that coin begins to drop in price at a great speed then I think it is natural to panic at that point, so the only thing we can do is to try to minimize the amount of situations in which we are going to panic by not putting all our money in a single coin.

I don't know why should panic and all.The people who are using and know about bitcoin will never ever panic and all.Since  many millionaire and billionaire are made by keeping the bitcoin at the panic time or low reach value time. So just avoid panic when the price reaches low value.
That is easier said than done, a person that has an important amount of money invested in bitcoin has committed to bitcoin and its success and even if I believe in bitcoin and its technology that does not mean that I do not get uncomfortable when we see all the FUD coming from China, I did not sell or touched my coins at all, but still I was uneasy about the attack that was been carried out against bitcoin.
ragnar07

Activity: 117

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 05:34:41 PM

I stopped panicking after selling coins and was left not only without profit, but also lost money. Panic will only lead to losses in trade or investment, you need to remain cold
Leonbtc

Activity: 266
Merit: 190

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 05:52:05 PM

mostly I am thinking ok I have get out this one before others do so, I am selling than Price goes up Smiley that Moment I realize that i have made Panic sell.

ausbit
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1019

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 07:19:23 AM

I don't panic. The worst thing you can do when trading is to panic. If you want to lose all of your money, feel free to panic sell or buy a few times a day for one week... hahaha.

I don't think anyone is like that. People do panic every once in a while and that's normal. Its part of your experience in becoming an efficient trader to know how to ride situations that can cause panic

I agree. You're not human if you don't panic. Grin
It's okay to feel that but after you felt that just let go, breath in and think it's all usual like there's nothing to worry.
Because if panic eats you, you be able to do things unnecessarily.
Many times panic comes in your way but you have to deal with it rather just leave the market. That is no solution to the problem. You have to digest this fact, things will be against your side. So it is you only who have to decide whether to learn from the mistakes or win. Leaving market in hype situation is of no use.
Better explained about the fact. Yes it is the matter of reality that market is somehow saturated with so and so many traders of different level. Competition is there to get more profits. Some use many of the newcomers and fetch their profits out of them and it seriously happens. Now you have to be stable in your decisions. Don’t let them make profits from your panic situations.
There are so many traders sitting in the market which are waiting for only one thing and that is when someone commits a mistake so that they can cash that opportunity. So you need not to get panic no matter what the conditions are and you need to hold your nerves for your betterment. Getting panic will give nothing but more tensions in the coming days.
beezare

Activity: 392

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 08:42:12 AM

of course it will panic and imagine how many losses will be, I also have experienced such panic and regret then because the price goes up again but now I've learned that panic is not good, better to hold and wait for the price to go back
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 07:25:02 AM

of course it will panic and imagine how many losses will be, I also have experienced such panic and regret then because the price goes up again but now I've learned that panic is not good, better to hold and wait for the price to go back

Well when that time.comes, when it seems that your investments are losing due to a big dump, turn your attention somewhere else. If you're dealing with bitcoin, you shoud know by now that it's bound no recover one way or another and the recovery would be stronger so panic really shouldn't be minded if its btc

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
MoneyIsDebt

Activity: 642
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 07:47:04 AM

i don't think that we have to do something in the case of panic. i think it is the part of the game and in the case of specifically bitcoin i think whether people like it or that they or we don't have a choice of its price and we can't even deny the fact that bitcoin keeps on increasing no matter how we deal with other sellers. the little up and down are the part of the game and you don't have to be in hurry to buy or sell. take your time take decission.
bohr

Activity: 994
Merit: 257

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 09:26:06 PM

You are supposed to have a single strategy that you need to think through before you get into any investment. Then, you just act accordingly.
Correct, most people invest money before they even create an strategy and that is a terrible mistake, you we must first formulate an strategy and then you need to act on that strategy, this is a basic mistake that is why when a person tells me that he has invested in bitcoin the first thing I tell to him is to not do anything at least for six months, while that seems like a lot of time, that will give him the opportunity to learn about bitcoin and other cryptos and finally when he decides what he wants to do he is going to be sure that his decision was at least an informed decision.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »
  Print  

Jump to: