Bitcoin Forum
July 04, 2024, 04:21:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 [88] 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 ... 152 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Bitcoin End World Poverty?  (Read 62997 times)
Ewinsane

Activity: 980
Merit: 523

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 01:33:12 PM

Yes but not those who are not lucky to have knowledge about it. Bitcoins are like a gold so if you have it. You have the chance to change your life. We've seen how we can get rich here so if you bought it In those low-priced times and you're selling it now you're sure to make a million dollars here.
There is no reason to deny this fact that bitcoin is very much capable of making us rich and it can help significantly in making the economic condition of the country better. There are still only few number of people who actually knows about bitcoin. Till the time, we all will not be knowing about bitcoin, there is no possible way with which bitcoin can remove this world poverty. We need to make ourselves aware of bitcoin.
thecoder2017

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 01:45:07 PM

I believe that Bitcoin can help people in their financial needs but it can't end world poverty the government is the one responsible in helping their people to educate them and must create many jobs for them
surfinonmyownwavebaby

Activity: 252
Merit: 104

Decentralized Ecosystem for User-Generated Content

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 05:26:58 PM

Sure it could end world poverty as it makes things a lot easier for transactions and fees but I dont envision it happening. In theory of course it could happen but I think where the power is in the system there will be money

and that power money combination wont let this happen. It is sad to say but the simple truth is the less money some people have is the more money some people have and knowing how greedy this planet is I dont think this

happens now. I am eternally optimistic this will happen of course but I still dont think it will anytime soon.

R E O S         [   A BLOCKCHAIN-BASED ECOSYSTEM FOR USER-GENERATED CONTENT   ]     JOIN NOW!
Introducing REOSchain™   |  The blockchain that digs out the true value of social media content

WHITEPAPER                    TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                     LINKEDIN                     GITHUB
ckorbba

Activity: 672
Merit: 144

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 07:21:29 PM

Sure it could end world poverty as it makes things a lot easier for transactions and fees but I dont envision it happening. In theory of course it could happen but I think where the power is in the system there will be money

and that power money combination wont let this happen. It is sad to say but the simple truth is the less money some people have is the more money some people have and knowing how greedy this planet is I dont think this

happens now. I am eternally optimistic this will happen of course but I still dont think it will anytime soon.
I'm just wondering exactly how Bitcoin can end poverty. What is real and who can offer for a poor person? Of course, the individual cases that we see today on bitcointalk, as an example, especially the massive earnings on the company's signature, it's understandable. As for the bulk of the white population of the planet, the crypto currency is not available to them today.
Hoganye

Activity: 625
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 08:52:45 PM

I think YES. If someone who teach others about bitcoin and how to used it, some of us will not suffer the poverty. But if you don't work for it and leave
 it behind,poverty is always exist. And don't blame the government because laziness is kill others.

Although the government should help citizen who are poor, still we should not be dependent to them.  We have to do ways to earn income.  Bitcoin is a good way to atleast lessen poverty.  It helps people by giving them lots of oppprtunities.  Computers or devices that can have internet is all we need.
No, the knowledge is also important. You will not know how to use computer if you are a people lack of knowledge and use internet to access your Bitcoin wallet. If you only want to have Bitcoin and buy it through website online like Coinbase, it is really easy but if you want to use a desktop wallet, it is really needs you have knowledge to understand the function of desktop wallet can provides for you.
furry04

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 09:23:09 PM

If people want to end poverty is not a big deal. Just some of them can give their 20% of income and it can be ended. The question here is do we really want to end the poverty or is it just a formality ?
The Alchemlst

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

BITDEPOSITARY - Make ICO's , More Secure

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2017, 10:29:09 PM

It can if the number of bitcoins would have been given to all the poor equally or establish an educational system that will help the poor. I think bitcoin itself would not be able to end world poverty but it can play a key role for it to happen. Since alot of people were given extra incomes from bitcoins I think there would be less financially deprived people ever since bitcoin started.

rabs

Activity: 176
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 11:49:02 PM

Bitcoin can not end the poverty of world but can minimize,Poverty is global issue and it can be minimized by taking initiatives by bitcoin investors and states. Mature and profit oriented investors must invest in diversify businesses and open Education centers where priority of learning should of Bitcoin that in future good and mature investors can find who serve for the society to minimize the poverty.
Oasisman

Activity: 2660
Merit: 550

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2017, 12:30:28 AM

Maybe Bitcoin will be a big contributor to End or atleast lessen world poverty, If this will be reached out to the poor by implementing a Bitcoin charity for the poorest of the poor. In reality its only up to a person if he/she wants to be succesful financialy, every single individual must have a plan or steps to take and study all the different angles to survive. Honestly, even without Bitcoin we can end poverty. Corrupt government officials makes it worse.
shandiem14

Activity: 350
Merit: 15

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 01:40:26 AM

Yes ofcourse Bitcoin will end poverty. Bitcoin is still growing instantly it will the poor and middle class to be rich. i believe in technology people won't left behind bitcoin will end poverty
nhattori27

Activity: 387
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 01:54:07 AM

Bitcoin won't end World Poverty. It can create some, but will not have great impact in poor countries.
Dr.Osh
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 1004

www.licx.io

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 02:05:45 AM

Maybe Bitcoin will be a big contributor to End or atleast lessen world poverty, If this will be reached out to the poor by implementing a Bitcoin charity for the poorest of the poor. In reality its only up to a person if he/she wants to be succesful financialy, every single individual must have a plan or steps to take and study all the different angles to survive. Honestly, even without Bitcoin we can end poverty. Corrupt government officials makes it worse.
maybe that can be realized, if the government provides the right direction in using bitcoin. provide special training, so that people can search, and use bitcoin as a tool for their lives. so that poverty will slowly decrease

▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
░████████████████████████
░███████████████████████▀
░███████████████████████
░███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████▀▀█████▀▀██████▀
| 
 Low Fidelity - High Potential 
|
▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
███▄░▄░███████▀▄███
█████▄▀█▄▀███▀▄██████
███████░██░▀▄████████
████████▄▀█▄▀████████
████████▀▄▀██░███████
██████▀▄███░██▄▀█████
████▀▄██████▄▀▀░▀████

█████████████████████
▀███████████████████▀

▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
███████████████████
██████▀░░▀▀▀░░▀██████
█████░░▄▄░░░▄▄░░█████
████▌░░██▌░▐██░░▐████
████░░░░▀░░░▀░░░░████
████▄▄░▀▄▄▄▄▄▀░▄▄████

█████████████████████
█████████████████████
▀███████████████████▀

▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
██████████████▀▀███
███████████▀▀░░░░████
███████▀▀░░▄▄▀░░▐████
████▀░░░▄██▀░░░░█████
███████░█▀░░░░░▐█████
████████░░▄▄░░░██████
██████████████▄██████

█████████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
jessicawelsh

Activity: 420
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 02:11:32 AM

I don't think Bitcoin can end it after all, in fact it made rich people become richer and poor people become poorer... So it's not at all IMO.
mikiness

Activity: 14

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 02:40:21 AM

Ending poverty in bitcoin is a long process. If you're thinking that bitcoin can totally change the world you must take in the considerations that government is the number one cause of it. Rift the corrupt government first and slowly the bitcoin can make a huge contribution on the economy.
Palider

Activity: 1273
Merit: 507

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 03:11:16 AM

Yes but this is limited to those who do not know. Of course if you do not know about bitcoins you will not have the chance to earn it here. And another is not because you have bitcoins that will make you rich and end your poverty. You also need to be diligent and persevering to multiply it and find out the result. In other words, even if you have bitcoins if you do not get diligent, nothing will happen.
bohr

Activity: 994
Merit: 257

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 04:48:22 AM

I read the article and the only thing they talk about bringing people out of poverty is for people to have a way to verify they own something, they are not talking about a way for bitcoin to generate wealth but bitcoin as a way to prove that you own a particular piece of land and to me that is not going to bring anyone out of poverty since they are not generating new wealth.
allohha

Activity: 672
Merit: 176

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 05:50:07 AM

I read the article and the only thing they talk about bringing people out of poverty is for people to have a way to verify they own something, they are not talking about a way for bitcoin to generate wealth but bitcoin as a way to prove that you own a particular piece of land and to me that is not going to bring anyone out of poverty since they are not generating new wealth.
here I agree with you and even more can say in this matter that bitcoin is not as accessible to society as everyone thinks. a poor man, is a man always with limitations in the possibilities.
ahkiatt

Activity: 163

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2017, 06:25:20 AM

If you believe in bitcoin or whichever cryptocurrency that takes over as the leader of this space as a store of value and means of accounting, it will help alleviate some symptoms of poverty.

Without having to store fiat in a bank or other financial intermediaries, one minimises his risk of being "robbed" of his money should our current financial system encounter another crash and these banks collapse.

Another angle you can look at is the accessibility of investment products for the "less wealthy". In most countries, setting up an investment account comes with administrative fees, minimum investment sums that will deter the young adults with limited savings or the poor. Crypto exchanges in this competitive space mostly charge low fees, and participation in token sales/ICOs cost a fraction of traditional IPOs, and offer potentially much higher returns. This provides an attractive avenue for young and less wealthy investors to park their money.

Of course this is an optimistic view of crypto markets, things can go very wrong in the near future.
amla

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 06:33:04 AM

If you believe in bitcoin or whichever cryptocurrency that takes over as the leader of this space as a store of value and means of accounting, it will help alleviate some symptoms of poverty.

Without having to store fiat in a bank or other financial intermediaries, one minimises his risk of being "robbed" of his money should our current financial system encounter another crash and these banks collapse.

Another angle you can look at is the accessibility of investment products for the "less wealthy". In most countries, setting up an investment account comes with administrative fees, minimum investment sums that will deter the young adults with limited savings or the poor. Crypto exchanges in this competitive space mostly charge low fees, and participation in token sales/ICOs cost a fraction of traditional IPOs, and offer potentially much higher returns. This provides an attractive avenue for young and less wealthy investors to park their money.

Of course this is an optimistic view of crypto markets, things can go very wrong in the near future.
Indeed, Bitcoin will decrease the rate of poverty in the whole world but it will take more long time because this a major problem in most of the countries and bitcoin is the main way which can reduce the rate of this problem because bitcoin is giving chances to all type of people in the world of jobs which can earn money by setting in their home.
ahkiatt

Activity: 163

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2017, 06:41:47 AM

Indeed, Bitcoin will decrease the rate of poverty in the whole world but it will take more long time because this a major problem in most of the countries and bitcoin is the main way which can reduce the rate of this problem because bitcoin is giving chances to all type of people in the world of jobs which can earn money by setting in their home.

Sadly, poverty is a multi-faceted problem caused by politics/corruption, lack of quality education, access to a reasonable job market and more. Bitcoin and other altcoins at the end of it all are just tools to HELP solve these issues, and not the full solution.
Pages: « 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 [88] 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 ... 152 »
  Print  

Jump to: