Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 01:34:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Russia] Burger King to accept Bitcoin this summer!  (Read 5849 times)
Pettuh4

Activity: 812
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 07:50:48 PM

Source: https://cointelegraph.com/news/burger-king-to-accept-bitcoin-in-russia-this-summer

So yeah, hopefully McDonald, Dominos pizza, and many others will follow after this. I thought that this kind of decisions are taken by the creators of the franchise but It looks like It's not since It's starting on Russia.
Great news for the Bitcoin holder...
I always hopeful about Bitcoin that it will be accepted all the way in the future, it's a beginning for the new era, day by day Bitcoin is becoming a popular currency around the world, so that another franchisee will accept Bitcoin as a payment tool...

It helps that russia is really at the forefront of crypto-adoption these days. Who knew burger king was so innovative? We're definitely considering working with them to be a merchant partner!

Sounds pretty good as Russia as big as the they are might start having some love for bitcoins if this operation becomes fruitful. Burger King definitely deserves thumps up as they are likely to open up the door to other similar companies to follow suit.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
canvan

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 08:19:48 PM

Cool, almost every day I hear news about what now in some place you can pay bitkoinami. A few more years at such a pace and bitcoins can be paid everywhere
That is not too far to happen because if you know the country of Japan then you can pay bitcoins there in almost all the stores because their government already make bitcoin as a legal currency and a lot of stores and people now are using it in paying things that they bought from stores or any restaurants in their country, bitcoin will become worldwide accepted if the good news and the increase of price will continue.

im not so sure that you can pay for goods in Japan in "almost all the stores"
Jpana has only recentlyrecognised BTC as a form of payment, it will be a
while yet before "almost all the stores" implenent the acceptance of BTC

Burger King to accept BTC is definitely good news, if it happens, but its
good news and surely to hit main stream media as some point, which is also good!

Its obviously good when bitcoin is more widely used in countries around the world but until bitcoin improves its usability I question whether physical stores will really start to accept it in mass. You can't realistically use bitcoin in all that many places even in japan currently.
moviebuff777

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 08:26:52 PM

Source: https://cointelegraph.com/news/burger-king-to-accept-bitcoin-in-russia-this-summer

So yeah, hopefully McDonald, Dominos pizza, and many others will follow after this. I thought that this kind of decisions are taken by the creators of the franchise but It looks like It's not since It's starting on Russia.

If it's true, it's great news that Russia will start to embrace bitcoin. I think they've been slow to accept it so it's good to see growing development there. If major franchises around the world begin to accept bitcoin, it will make people see that it is a legitimate payment method in the same way that credit cards currently are viewed.

As people begin to experiment with bitcoins they will start to see the benefits of using and investing in them. The greater the demand for bitcoin obviously the price will continue to rise.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆

Hero/Legendary

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2017, 09:08:19 PM

Accepting bitcoin for food services does not seem realistic to me. The reason is obvious. How can you expect your transaction to get confirmed after you ordered something?

There is a very simple workaround really

They could just use a well-established web wallet like Coinbase or Xapo (or whatever other wallets are there), and thus they may demand their Bitcoin customers to use such wallets too. Obviously, transactions inside these wallets are off-chain, therefore they are instant and require no fees. If you are a regular customer of these eateries, it might make sense to keep some pocket money in one of these wallets even if you are whole-heartedly against using them ("be your own bank" and that kind of thing). Even with the introduction of LN and further improvements, this type of payment may still prevail for its simplicity, reliability, and ease of use

aesma

Activity: 2380
Merit: 916

fly or die

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 09:31:04 PM

I think it would be good if a couple of those webwallets would become "standard" like VISA and Mastercard are, then shops could have both webwallets, and customers one of them, with 0.05BTC stashed on it for such purchases.
Mia Wallace

Activity: 361

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 09:36:37 PM

It helps that russia is really at the forefront of crypto-adoption these days. Who knew burger king was so innovative? We're definitely considering working with them to be a merchant partner!
The problem here is only a branch of burger king in Russia will be accepting bitcoin and it wont be like the entire burger king outlets will be accepting bitcoin,if you take a franchisee then you can accept any form of money and there is nothing great in it expect that it is a branch of a major business.I hope that is what is happening after reading the article.
canah17

Activity: 336

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 09:48:33 PM

This is actually happening now and this is a great news for everybody who uses bitcoin and it is also helping bitcoin because it is spreading the word that they accept bitcoin, then people will be curios about what bitcoin is. This is really great for not only just for bitcoin but in whole cryptoworld. Many businesses will soon follow especially food chains like as you said, McDonalds, Dominos, and other business that can able to accept bitcoin as a payment. I believe that our future is here and we cannot stop bitcoin from spreading. I hope that all people will recognize what bitcoin is and what it can do in our future ahead.
doedz

Activity: 1106
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 02:23:08 AM

This is not big news in my opinion, Russia is a big country and bitcoin has been legalized there. If this is applied in my country this can be called as historic news. I hope soon.  Roll Eyes

it's big because in russia bitcoin was not legal before and now they made it legal and it's regulated and some shop accept it i can agree that a shop that do foods service and accept bitcoin isn't that big for adoption, but it's a step, btw what is your country?
I'm from Southeast Asia, exactly Indonesia. In my country Bitcoin is still less popular. Only a few people use it.
When I heard about the use of Bitcoin in other countries, I always ask: When will the Government legalize Bitcoin?
I'll guess, you're from Russia?  Smiley

▄█▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀▄▄
           ▄█▀ ▄▄█▀▀   ▀█▄▄▀▀█▄▄
          ▀▀  ▀▀          ▀▀█▄█▀
    ▄▄▀  ▄█▀▀                    ▄   ▄▄
  ▄█▀▄▄█▀           ▄▄           ▀▀█▄ ▀█
 ▄▀ █▀     ▄▄██▄▄   ██   ▄▄██▄▄      █▄ █
 █ ▀█   ▄▄█▀▀   ▀██▄▄█▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀██▄▄   █ █
 █     █▀ ▄▄█▀▀█▄▄ ▀██▀  ▄██▀█▄▄ ▀▀█  █ █
 █  ▄  █ ██▀ ▄▄▄ ▀█ ██ █▀▀ ▄▄▄ ▀██ █  █ █
 █ ██  ▀ ██ █▀▀▀█▄▄ ▀█ ▄▄█▀▀▀▀█ ██ ▀  █ █
   ██    █▀ ▄▄█▄  ▀▀███▀▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█    ▀ █
   ██    ▄▄██▀ ▄▄█▄ ██  █▄▄ ▀▀██▄▄      █
 █ ██    ▀▀ ▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄███▄ ▀▀██▄▄ ▀       █
 █  █      ▀▀▀ ▄██▀▀▄█ ▀██▄▄ ▀▀       █ █
 █  █         ▀▀▀   ██    ▀▀▀         █ █
 ▀█ ▀▄▄             ██              ▄█ ▄█
  ▀█▄ ▀▀▄▄          ██          ▄▄█▀ ▄█▀
     ▀█▄▄▀▀▀        ██       ▄▄ ▀▄▄█▀▀
        ▀▀█▄   ▄▄        ▄▄█▀▀   ▀
            ▀█▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄█▀
               ▀▀█▄▄▀▀ ▄▄█▀

E M I R E X
─── إمركس ───

...Whitepaper...

The Infrastructure for the
New Digital Economy

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
▄█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████
████████▀           ████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████            █████████
█████████  ██████████████████▀
████████▄           ████████
▀█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀██████▀▀▀

E M R X

─ Token ─

...LEARN MORE...

...Register...
[/cen
carlfebz2

Activity: 2926
Merit: 727

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 02:27:09 AM

This is not big news in my opinion, Russia is a big country and bitcoin has been legalized there. If this is applied in my country this can be called as historic news. I hope soon.  Roll Eyes

it's big because in russia bitcoin was not legal before and now they made it legal and it's regulated and some shop accept it i can agree that a shop that do foods service and accept bitcoin isn't that big for adoption, but it's a step, btw what is your country?
I'm from Southeast Asia, exactly Indonesia. In my country Bitcoin is still less popular. Only a few people use it.
When I heard about the use of Bitcoin in other countries, I always ask: When will the Government legalize Bitcoin?
I'll guess, you're from Russia?  Smiley
Same here i do live on SEA and bitcoin isnt too popular on my country which im little bit jelous on those places who do have already some establishments who do accept bitcoin. Im hoping that it will reach out on my country soon and hope those business would accept worldwide and its really a good thing for us bitcoin users.^^ Government wont really legalize bitcoin in most cases.
Makka

Activity: 594
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 03:54:40 AM

This is good news. But this is still a single branch yet, and in Russia.  Wink I hope it will turn out well and good in the future. If this will boost their sales then perhaps this branch of Burger King will be emulated by other branches and hopefully other food chain as well, especially the huge ones that is found across the globe.
celested

Activity: 211

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 04:15:29 AM

Cool, almost every day I hear news about what now in some place you can pay bitkoinami. A few more years at such a pace and bitcoins can be paid everywhere
That is not too far to happen because if you know the country of Japan then you can pay bitcoins there in almost all the stores because their government already make bitcoin as a legal currency and a lot of stores and people now are using it in paying things that they bought from stores or any restaurants in their country, bitcoin will become worldwide accepted if the good news and the increase of price will continue.

im not so sure that you can pay for goods in Japan in "almost all the stores"
Jpana has only recentlyrecognised BTC as a form of payment, it will be a
while yet before "almost all the stores" implenent the acceptance of BTC

Burger King to accept BTC is definitely good news, if it happens, but its
good news and surely to hit main stream media as some point, which is also good!

Its obviously good when bitcoin is more widely used in countries around the world but until bitcoin improves its usability I question whether physical stores will really start to accept it in mass. You can't realistically use bitcoin in all that many places even in japan currently.

Although bitcoin is common in many countries, it is not allowed to be a physical coin, its power is based on digital technology, if it is lost, it will no longer be bitcoin.
ladydark

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 05:15:24 AM

Thats  really a great news for bitcoin users and Burger eaters in Russia.We could hope that bitcoin would be accepted for buying pizzas and in Mc.Donalds and other restaurants in future.Thats a great progress since Russia,being a communist country started to regulate bitcoin.Two big communist nations China and Russia have started recognizing bitcoin.Soon other democratic and republic countries would start accepting bitcoin.

Tamilson

Activity: 1022
Merit: 503

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 05:32:00 AM

Accepting bitcoin for food services does not seem realistic to me. The reason is obvious. How can you expect your transaction to get confirmed after you ordered?

Yeah like when you ordered you need to wait for the transaction to be confirmed and that's the only time you can get your order? Like what the heck is that?! You starve to death before you can eat. That's why I prefer to pay cash than btc to fast food chain or restaurants.

Happy Coding Life Smiley
Anfisman

Activity: 140

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 05:54:21 AM

I think this is shocking news because later we can order in king burger by using bitcoin, it is very enjoyable, because we can enjoy our hard work with food directly booked with bitcoin. It's sound awesome.
cafucafucafu

Activity: 812
Merit: 509

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 05:58:55 AM

Accepting bitcoin for food services does not seem realistic to me. The reason is obvious. How can you expect your transaction to get confirmed after you ordered?

Yeah like when you ordered you need to wait for the transaction to be confirmed and that's the only time you can get your order? Like what the heck is that?! You starve to death before you can eat. That's why I prefer to pay cash than btc to fast food chain or restaurants.

Uh, usually if you pay with a big enough fee it would make sense that they accept it with 0 confirmations because the risk of someone being caught CCTV and being jailed is just too much for a scammer. Plus, there are way more double spendingc opportunities online when they can stay private and for bigger amount than just a big burger...

The main issue isn't confirmation times, but rather transaction fees. It seems like Burger King is going to accept bitcoin probably through Bitpay, which means that you're not only going tohave to pay 0.0007ish bitcoins in miners fees on your end, there is also like 0.0007 btc in deposit fees for bitpay. So you're essentially paying $4 to just pay with bitcoin. It would make sense if you only had bitcoin on you, but wouldn't really make any sense if you had debit card funds.

Pamadar
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 06:03:38 AM

I think this is shocking news because later we can order in king burger by using bitcoin, it is very enjoyable, because we can enjoy our hard work with food directly booked with bitcoin. It's sound awesome.
a lots of things that's needed to consider before this but for most of us we really wanted this to happen as we all pushing it that this system will be adopted
by more and more merchants if this food establishment start it we will sure that many to businesses will think of it and follow it.
Caelanpelley

Activity: 602

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 07:35:30 AM

Really! This is a bitcoin in the process of expanding into the world. It is very convenient that you can pay for bitcoin. But what about fees?
niisarearning

Activity: 910
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 08:15:23 AM

Fantastic its really good news I hope it should be implemented in my country. I hope most wont use bitcoin to spend untill ghe is having huge number of bitcoin or there is no other source of income apart from bitcoin  and also the biggest reason for spending may be giving huge discount for bitcoin transaction.
totaleclipseofthebank

Activity: 451

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 08:17:15 AM

OMG. This is a big good news to bitcoin community and I believe that more will accept bitcoin after this big step. Hope that burger king will extend their bitcoin payment system to the whoole world

ApeSwap.
The next-gen AMM,
Staking and Farming
Protocol on BSC
           ▄██▄
          ██████
          ██████
          ██████ ▄▄███▄
          █████
███▀ ▀▀█
    ▄█████████████▌    ▀█
   ██▀  ▀█████████▄     ▀█
  ██      █████████▄
 ▄█▀       █████████▄
▀▀          ▀█████████▄
              ▀█████████▄
                ▀█████████▄
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Stake now
for over 900% APR!
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 08:21:50 AM

Accepting bitcoin for food services does not seem realistic to me. The reason is obvious. How can you expect your transaction to get confirmed after you ordered something?

There is a very simple workaround really

They could just use a well-established web wallet like Coinbase or Xapo (or whatever other wallets are there), and thus they may demand their Bitcoin customers to use such wallets too. Obviously, transactions inside these wallets are off-chain, therefore they are instant and require no fees. If you are a regular customer of these eateries, it might make sense to keep some pocket money in one of these wallets even if you are whole-heartedly against using them ("be your own bank" and that kind of thing). Even with the introduction of LN and further improvements, this type of payment may still prevail for its simplicity, reliability, and ease of use

I haven't yet tried either Xapo or Coinbase. So I am not that aware of the fees charged by these wallets/exchanges. How much do they charge for sending coins from one user to another? If it is something like $0.10, then it should be OK. But anything more than that will be very unattractive.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: