Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 03:37:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price tracking&discussion (Anarchy)  (Read 2580 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
HI-TEC99
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 2846

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 02:57:31 PM

It looks to me like this triangle around $2500 (bitstamp) might be going to resolve by the end of the weekend ... it's getting coiled up quite tight now.

Anyone else got lines on charts to confirm this ...?
Yeah, I am also seeing a triangle formation.  I am expecting it to break downwards however...

Why downwards? We have been in a bull market for months, and each time people thought it couldn't go higher it went higher. Is there some TA behind your reasoning, or just a gut feeling?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Spaceman_Spiff
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001

₪``Campaign Manager´´₪

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 04:07:55 PM

It looks to me like this triangle around $2500 (bitstamp) might be going to resolve by the end of the weekend ... it's getting coiled up quite tight now.

Yeah, I am also seeing a triangle formation.  I am expecting it to break downwards however...

Why downwards? We have been in a bull market for months, and each time people thought it couldn't go higher it went higher. Is there some TA behind your reasoning, or just a gut feeling?
The setup looked very bullish TA-wise a while ago (around the highs) so I expected a nice leg up, yet we broke down.  Like Yefi also noted earlier, it looks like we are losing momentum.  If you are at the start of the bull run, I don't have an issue with that.  When you are in full bubble mode, losing steam raises serious red flags. 
I have been wrong before though, lost a big leveraged short position when it went up after going below 1000 on hardforking concerns.
HI-TEC99
Legendary

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 04:59:21 PM

The setup looked very bullish TA-wise a while ago (around the highs) so I expected a nice leg up, yet we broke down.  Like Yefi also noted earlier, it looks like we are losing momentum.  If you are at the start of the bull run, I don't have an issue with that.  When you are in full bubble mode, losing steam raises serious red flags. 
I have been wrong before though, lost a big leveraged short position when it went up after going below 1000 on hardforking concerns.

Most of the times I got it right were down to pure luck, and I got it wrong too many times to mention. However, looking at the six month chart there were lots of slow rises and falls, apart from in May/June. I'm betting on a slow gradual move whichever way it goes.
PoolMinor
Legendary

Activity: 1843
Merit: 1338

XXXVII Fnord is toast without bread

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 01:25:31 AM
Last edit: July 05, 2017, 07:47:49 AM by PoolMinor

Yeah, I am also seeing a triangle formation.  I am expecting it to break downwards however...
I would be surprised if it broke out from the triangle in an upward fashion. The market will likely go sideways for the next 3-4 weeks, meaning no more major volatility <less than 3% swings>.
Look to early September for the next major movements.

Edit:
(Insert chart here)

Btc=C2MF       Free BTC Poker
Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent. -Marilyn vos Savant
Hunyadi
Legendary

Activity: 1281
Merit: 1000

☑ ♟ ☐ ♚

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 05:12:02 PM

Breaking out of the triangle here ... could get some powerful moves now I'm thinking.

I hope it's not a fake out. It could very well be, because all the Future of Bitcoin-drama.

▂▃▅▇█▓▒░B**-Cultist░▒▓█▇▅▃▂
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3542
Merit: 5039

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 02:52:40 AM

I like seeing the price go up of course, but so-so volume kinda looks lacking. Would need to see rising volume and a solid run at $2650 on Stamp before we can call it good.

Hope it picks up.
marcus_of_augustus (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 11:39:01 PM

Bitfinex and Bitstamp are converging on price again ... $2600 is looking surprisingly stable.

Maybe we are in for some BIG sideways movements??

HI-TEC99
Legendary

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 11:51:32 PM

Bitfinex and Bitstamp are converging on price again ... $2600 is looking surprisingly stable.

Maybe we are in for some BIG sideways movements??

Apart from that spike down to $2522 earlier today on stamp it's been totally flat prices today. Also the walls are almost evenly balanced on both stamp and finex. I suspect this stability could last for months leaving us with nothing to speculate on. There are times when Bitcoin becomes more stable that some of the top fiat currencies.

Dafar
Legendary

Activity: 1330

dafar consulting

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 12:53:37 AM

This isn't official until I see Jimbo post

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████░████░░███████████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░░██████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░███████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
██████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████
██████████
|
|
|
marcus_of_augustus (OP)
Legendary

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 01:17:49 AM

This isn't official until I see Jimbo post

Official?

No, it's Marcus Legendary-only dream, but he couldn't implement the code, so only thing he can do is deleting non-Legendary posts...

first warning ... don't piddle on the carpet you stupid little puppy.

Behave yourself and there wont be any trouble; piddle on the carpet, etc...

x2666

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 01:24:34 AM

So they closed the Wall Observer thread because of "Spam" and now there are 5-10 different wall observer threads, none coming close to the large number of watchers on the old thread. Great Job!

BitcoinTalk is a highly censored cesspool primarily serving as a vehicle to operate scams.
Pointing out truth or straying from the promoted narrative will be met with shills spouting non sequiturs.
Trust ratings are meaningless as those who control them are not worthy of trust.
marcus_of_augustus (OP)
Legendary

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 01:38:09 AM

So they closed the Wall Observer thread because of "Spam" and now there are 5-10 different wall observer threads, none coming close to the large number of watchers on the old thread. Great Job!

The "plan" is to re-open the old one when a new owner can be agreed upon.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2004227.0

x2666

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 01:46:37 AM

Sounds to me like a hostile take over. Most people have multiple BTCTalk usernames so using a poll to decide is meaningless, it just means the most sockpuppet accounts voted for the winner which is even more reason NOT to give them the moderator position.

BitcoinTalk is a highly censored cesspool primarily serving as a vehicle to operate scams.
Pointing out truth or straying from the promoted narrative will be met with shills spouting non sequiturs.
Trust ratings are meaningless as those who control them are not worthy of trust.
marcus_of_augustus (OP)
Legendary

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 01:58:16 AM

Sounds to me like a hostile take over. Most people have multiple BTCTalk usernames so using a poll to decide is meaningless, it just means the most sockpuppet accounts voted for the winner which is even more reason NOT to give them the moderator position.

You should go there and express your thoughts. theymos has been around a while and is probably a few tricks ahead of all the scumbags WO has attracted in the past.

jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 05:43:42 AM

Totally unhinged.

https://vid.me/frzw

Not exactly the segments I would have chosen for the highlights reel.

Though I'm chuckling that I'm pretty sure this video was edited by someone who thought they were cherry-picking parts that put him in a bad light. I actually agree with most of that.

Favorite paraphrase: 'If you've been in Bitcoin since 2009, and you can't afford a machine capable enough to keep up with demand, then piss off'.

His rant was just puffed-up bluster and sound bites. He's honestly a hopeless communicator. And sort of a dick.

Well, I can't argue too strenuously against that. At least not from these excerpts. The entire presentation was still somewhat scattered, but certainly had a more consistent narrative than conveyed by the attack reel. Worth viewing in entirety.

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 05:47:43 AM

Totally unhinged.

Though I'm chuckling that I'm pretty sure this video was edited by someone who thought they were cherry-picking parts that put him in a bad light. I actually agree with most of that.

Favorite paraphrase: 'If you've been in Bitcoin since 2009, and you can't afford a machine capable enough to keep up with demand, then piss off'.

You think only early adopters ought to be running full nodes? What does 2009 have to do with anything?

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 05:55:05 AM

Totally unhinged.

You think only early adopters ought to be running full nodes? What does 2009 have to do with anything?

The point is that if you've been around since 2009, you should believe in bitcoin's power to change society for the better. If not, piss off. If you beleive in bitcoin's power to change society for the better, you must by this point in time either be quite wealthy or quite stupid. If stupid, piss off. If you are quite wealthy, then you should be willing to spend some reasonable sum on a computer sufficient to be a first-class member of a first-class network. If not, piss off.

And 2009 is just an extreme. indeed, there are very few days that you could have gotten into Bitcoin without having double your money at this point in time. If you've benefited, you should be more than happy to actually contribute to a capable network, rather than have the temerity to cripple advocate for the crippling of what may be the most freeing innovation mankind ever developed.

edit: strikeouts and underlines

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3542
Merit: 5039

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 03:42:30 PM
Last edit: July 07, 2017, 07:37:21 PM by Torque

Totally unhinged.

Not only that, but body language and attitude also tend to give away many things.

He's appears to be reading from something like a teleprompter. He's pacing back and forth like a caged animal because he's nervous. A sign of someone very worried about perceptions in front of a smarter audience. He looks bloated and out of shape, huffing and puffing instead of relaxed and calm. Calm and relaxed is the sign of someone confident in what they know, and what they are saying. At times he seems to be irrationally emotional about the subject matter. Also notice how many times in the talk he uses the word "I" or "me", self-referencing constantly. Or even the phrase "my team" (as in a team under 'my' control). And for a so-called expert in Blockchain tech he also talks like a half-informed layperson at the pinnacle of Mt. Stupid on the knowledge scale. Definitely doesn't speak like a quiet genius.

All these things point to someone very Narcissistic and psychotic, trying to pass themselves off as someone they aren't.
Hunyadi
Legendary

Activity: 1281

☑ ♟ ☐ ♚

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 07:22:31 PM

Totally unhinged.

Not only that, but body language and attitude also tend to give away many things.

He's appears to be reading from something like a teleprompter. He's pacing back and forth like a caged animal because he's nervous. A sign of someone very worried about perceptions in front of a smarter audience. He looks bloated and out of shape, huffing and puffing instead of relaxed and calm. Calm and relaxed is the sign of someone confident in what they know, and what they are saying. At times he seems to be irrationally emotional about the subject matter. Also notice how many times in the talk he uses the world "I" or "me", self-referencing constantly. Or even the phrase "my team" (as in a team under 'my' control). And for a so-called expert in Blockchain tech he also talks like a half-informed layperson at the pinnacle of Mt. Stupid on the knowledge scale. Definitely doesn't speak like a quiet genius.

All these things point to someone very Narcissistic and psychotic, trying to pass themselves as someone they aren't.

Pretty accurate analysis IMO. I guess Craig has to make his move before segwit activates (he hates segwit, and his (currently) imaginary pool won't accept segwit transactions). I expect more drama first. Then segwit activates, miners won't hardfork to 2mb..perhaps, Jihan will try to fork unsuccessfully  Undecided

▂▃▅▇█▓▒░B**-Cultist░▒▓█▇▅▃▂
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 07:59:42 AM

That guy is psychopath

His rant was just puffed-up bluster and sound bites. He's honestly a hopeless communicator. And sort of a dick.

My fear of Craig Wright is not that he is Satoshi. that..he was one of the 3 guys who maybe started bitcoin....
I forget the other one name, tossed about in this theory.

One died alone in a wheelchair...(forget the name)< the other was famous Hal Finney.

IF what Craig Wright says is correct and he is the last man standing and IF they really did put the majority of the
bitcoin in a trust that supposedly now only craig Wright says will be available to himself on Jan 1st, 2020 as the
last man of the group.

We all are beyond screwed at that point. Also, NO BTC has been spent from those various wallets (could be in a trust) ....NO Satoshi has come forward...even Craig Wright did not out himself..he had Australian Tax Issues at the time, all this speculation on him hit the fan..he ran with it...but did not push it himself, again at the time.

So sh*t, as pissed off with his ego at those that doubt him ...it could be payback time to the world.

well heck...the odds may be 1 in 1000 of this shaking out this way...where this guy on the sidelines of bitcoin

development just 'happens' to be the last man standing and benefits from this 'dead mans' trust setup.

we are all doomed...he is a complete ass and would sell a mess of BTC just to get back at all those who doubt him
....assuming Satoshi really is an 'anarchist' he could just sell so much and watch the BTC universe burn ..and still
walk away with millions. (think of Donald Trump as the inventor of bitcoin and we doubted him and he got
a hold of the keys in 2020...pretty much would work badly for everyone in that manner too...same thing..different
guys..same egos)

shudder

again only a 'fable' but that would be 'vampires are real' kinda wake up call if it is true...just enough mystery
in the whole thing to make me think...damn ..if it was gonna all go 'tulips' and 'beanie baby' Craig Wright being
Satoshi and getting a hold of this trust ..would pretty much be the reason bitcoin and maybe ALL decentralised
cryptocurrencies would tank.

(scared self)

anyway a nice little hopefully 'fable' but some people in the crypto world believe it and support Craig Wright's
patents and paying off Australian tax problems etc....again just enough 'what if' for the occasional BTC 'shudder'
and looking under the bed for monsters.

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: