Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 06:58:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 [229] 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CoinMarketCap.com - Market Cap Rankings of All Cryptocurrencies!  (Read 639443 times)
Bisha

Activity: 289
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 10:00:49 PM

DGD (Digix Token) Pre-Sale (like lisk) is now trading on OpenLedger

Stratis: Same supply as Ethereum + Masternodes + ICOs + Bitcoin a Core Dev. 90% cheaper than Eth. Do the math.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Gliss (OP)

Activity: 258
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2016, 08:58:45 PM

Coinmarketcap......what happened to the news you use to have at the top of the page?   The yellow bar with the news link.

Please add it back...at least what was the link...I forget.
Thx

That was Cointelegraph's widget, but the partnership has ended.

Hi Gliss,

As you might know, NuBits is in a transition to rename the coin ticker from NBT to USNBT on the markets awaiting the addition of other coins like CHNBT (Chinese Yuan pegged NuBits) and XNBT (SDR pegged NuBits).
I noticed that you already updated your site ticker to USNBT which is great. However there are two exchanges, ccedk.com and southxchange.com who already migrated to the new name and also changed their API to USNBT or US-NBT. Unfortunately coinmarketcap.com doesn't recognise any longer these exchanges and their pairs. It is expected that the other exchanges will follow soon and change their APIs.

It would be greatly appreciated if you are able to merge all NBT, US-NBT and USNBT tickers published by all exchanges towards the current NuBits coin (USNBT) during the transition.
Please let me know if you need additional information.

Thanks,
Cybnate

DGD (Digix Token) Pre-Sale (like lisk) is now trading on OpenLedger

COINMARKETCAP, please add POSEX coin.

Livecoin have just added a Sexcoin (SXC) market
Can you please update

We have just launched Mojocoin after an ICO and we are live on one exchange so far, there will be more. It would be great if you could list us at Coinmarketcap:

SC SIA has a market on the newly relaunched Cryptomic exchange now - https://www.cryptomic.com/trade?c=SC&p=BTC
also DCR Decred, RADS Radium, and XVC VanillaCash have been added. 
CBX Crytobullion is also there, and has been included in the new base market pairs Bitshares, BitUSD & BitCNY for these altcoins.

Please list Halcyon (HAL) again. It's traded on Cryptopia.

Hi coinmarketcap team,

please could you update the coin supply on Destiny: http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/destiny/

They have increased the supply from 147K to 1.47M.

Thanks, Leigh.

All updated, thanks.

Crypto-currency market cap rankings @ https://coinmarketcap.com
cybnate26

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

Observer

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2016, 08:00:17 AM

It would be greatly appreciated if you are able to merge all NBT, US-NBT and USNBT tickers published by all exchanges towards the current NuBits coin (USNBT) during the transition.

All updated, thanks.
It appears that you did add CCEDK and Southexchange USNBT feeds, but unfortunately cut of the NBT feeds from the other exchanges like Poloniex looking at the lag without updates they are all showing now.
Can you please have another look at it and ensure that both NBT and USNBT pairs from all our exchanges are supported during the transition.
Besides two other pairs from CCEDK, the USNBT/EUR and USNBT/BTC pair are still missing.

Hope it makes sense now.

NuDroid The world's first mobile stable digital currency wallet
alexcfr

Activity: 304
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 08:33:36 AM

Hi

COINMARKETCAP, why the API do not give information for all coin ?

examples, this coins do not work :

http://coinmarketcap-nexuist.rhcloud.com/api/SOIL
http://coinmarketcap-nexuist.rhcloud.com/api/SHF
http://coinmarketcap-nexuist.rhcloud.com/api/KR
http://coinmarketcap-nexuist.rhcloud.com/api/DNET

thanks
FandangledGizmo
Legendary

Activity: 1138
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 04:49:25 PM

STEEM have presented an argument why they should be valued much higher on CMC.

https://steemit.com/steem/@dantheman/how-to-calculate-the-market-capitalization-of-steem

If websites like coinmarketcap.com wish to remain fair and relevant in their comparisons and rankings of this new generation of cryptocurrency, then they will need to adopt the more sophisticated measures used by real capital markets.

However I think, given they mined at least 80% of the initial STEEM to themselves, which they haven't communicated in their bitcointalk announcement and most of it isn't liquid that it isn't 'available supply' as CMC ranks.

Only 0.47% of STEEM is liquid in individual accounts, this is going to make the pump on CMC legend... wait-for-it... dary!
I...

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,22125.msg288854.html#msg288854

I think that if you used their suggested 'sophisticated measures' anyone could create an over-valued/pumped coin by mining/holding the majority themselves and incentivising the removal of the majority from the liquid supply with less than 0.5% easily available.

Obviously it's up to CMC to evaluate but I think your current method of listing the liquid amount as available and the rest under total like Ripple/STR is correct.
bytemaster

Activity: 770
Merit: 566

fractally

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2016, 06:27:49 PM

STEEM have presented an argument why they should be valued much higher on CMC.

https://steemit.com/steem/@dantheman/how-to-calculate-the-market-capitalization-of-steem

If websites like coinmarketcap.com wish to remain fair and relevant in their comparisons and rankings of this new generation of cryptocurrency, then they will need to adopt the more sophisticated measures used by real capital markets.

However I think, given they mined at least 80% of the initial STEEM to themselves, which they haven't communicated in their bitcointalk announcement and most of it isn't liquid that it isn't 'available supply' as CMC ranks.

Only 0.47% of STEEM is liquid in individual accounts, this is going to make the pump on CMC legend... wait-for-it... dary!
I...

I think that if you used their suggested 'sophisticated measures' anyone could create an over-valued/pumped coin by mining/holding the majority themselves and incentivising the removal of the majority from the liquid supply with less than 0.5% easily available.

Obviously it's up to CMC to evaluate but I think your current method of listing the liquid amount as available and the rest under total like Ripple/STR is correct.

https://steemit.com/@steemit         => 12,928,066.340 STEEM

With a total current supply of 22,214,424.000 STEEM means Steemit has 58% and the rest is held by community members. 

So even if you wanted to factor out Steem held by Steemit, the current methodology of factoring out all vesting *users* is wrong.

If you create 10 billion shares, and sell 1 of them for $1.00 back and forth with yourself to generate millions in daily volume, it obviously doesn't create a coin that should be listed above Bitcoin. Which is what the scammers would attempt to do.

So the real question is whether or not there exists a legitimate market with actual trades with many independent individuals valuing the coin or whether it is a closed market with a bunch of sock puppets. In effect, are all trades in the token based upon arms-length fair valuation / speculation or are the trades simply moving money from one pocket to another.

At a certain point it becomes obvious the market is pricing in the full supply rather than just part of it.  Does it really make sense that someone buying STEEM, then converting it to VESTS should REDUCE the market cap?

Soon the ridiculousness of the current method will become apparent when Steem Backed Dollars will have a higher market-cap than the STEEM that is backing it.

So I think there is a case to be made that a chain is either "public" or "private" with a value set by the "market" or by "decree".   It is easy enough to tell the difference.

https://fractally.com - the next generation of decentralized autonomous organizations (DAOs).
FandangledGizmo
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 09:40:54 PM

https://steemit.com/@steemit         => 12,928,066.340 STEEM
With a total current supply of 22,214,424.000 STEEM means Steemit has 58% and the rest is held by community members.  So even if you wanted to factor out Steem held by Steemit, the current methodology of factoring out all vesting *users* is wrong.

I think in addition to that the CEO, yourself and some other key parties also have a decent size amount of what I would call semi-privately mined STEEM. I think those might be factored out under the current methodology too.

If you create 10 billion shares, and sell 1 of them for $1.00 back and forth with yourself to generate millions in daily volume, it obviously doesn't create a coin that should be listed above Bitcoin. Which is what the scammers would attempt to do.

It would cost too much in trading fees to generate millions in daily volume. So you'd have to use a compromised exchange or an exchange with no trading fees. CMC already partly addresses that by listing but not including volume from exchanges with no trading fees http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bitcoin/#markets

So the real question is whether or not there exists a legitimate market with actual trades with many independent individuals valuing the coin or whether it is a closed market with a bunch of sock puppets. In effect, are all trades in the token based upon arms-length fair valuation / speculation or are the trades simply moving money from one pocket to another.

At a certain point it becomes obvious the market is pricing in the full supply rather than just part of it.  Does it really make sense that someone buying STEEM, then converting it to VESTS should REDUCE the market cap?

Soon the ridiculousness of the current method will become apparent when Steem Backed Dollars will have a higher market-cap than the STEEM that is backing it.

So I think there is a case to be made that a chain is either "public" or "private" with a value set by the "market" or by "decree".   It is easy enough to tell the difference.

I agree that the market, as with other crypto, is pricing in some of the illiquid supply &/or supply held by founders into the true valuation & STEEM is effectively being valued much higher than the available supply metric suggests. However if CMC included all founder and illiquid shares as 'available supply', then many other cryptos would argue for similar treatment & create what I would consider heavily distorted valuations.

Does it really make sense that someone buying STEEM, then converting it to VESTS should REDUCE the market cap

It creates a situation where the valuation could be easily distorted/manipulated when shares are removed from easily available supply. They could for example receive an artificially high valuation due to scarcity as you seem to acknowledge...

I...

I'm not a fan of STEEM so perhaps I'm unfairly bias, maybe CMC will agree with you on some of those points &/or find some middle ground.
Spidersbox
Legendary

Activity: 1294
Merit: 1039

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 02:17:05 AM

LiteBar is now trading at Cryptopia
Thanks for listing LiteBar at CMC
FreeTrade
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1030

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 04:54:55 AM

I agree that the market, as with other crypto, is pricing in some of the illiquid supply &/or supply held by founders into the true valuation & STEEM is effectively being valued much higher than the available supply metric suggests. However if CMC included all founder and illiquid shares as 'available supply', then many other cryptos would argue for similar treatment & create what I would consider heavily distorted valuations.

Does it really make sense that someone buying STEEM, then converting it to VESTS should REDUCE the market cap

It creates a situation where the valuation could be easily distorted/manipulated when shares are removed from easily available supply. They could for example receive an artificially high valuation due to scarcity as you seem to acknowledge...

My view is that tightly controlled supply (as in the case of a pre-mine or ninja-mine) doesn't contribute to the market cap of a coin in the same way that freely coins distributed do.

As for OP_HODLing or VESTing . . . if I were to OP_HODL 1000 bitcoin for 1 year . .  I wouldn't think that would affect the market cap of bitcoin. However if a preminer OP_HODLs 1000 coins and then gives them away . . that doesn't really count as distribution as the coins are not freely available to their new owners. The new owners may not even be aware of their good fortune.  The key distinction is who makes the OP_HODLing decision.

Membercoin - Layer 1 Coin used for the member.cash decentralized social network.
10% Interest On All Balances. Browser and Solo Mining. 100% Distributed to Users and Developers.
FandangledGizmo
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 09:39:39 AM

My view is that tightly controlled supply (as in the case of a pre-mine or ninja-mine) doesn't contribute to the market cap of a coin in the same way that freely coins distributed do.

As for OP_HODLing or VESTing . . . if I were to OP_HODL 1000 bitcoin for 1 year . .  I wouldn't think that would affect the market cap of bitcoin. However if a preminer OP_HODLs 1000 coins and then gives them away . . that doesn't really count as distribution as the coins are not freely available to their new owners. The new owners may not even be aware of their good fortune.  The key distinction is who makes the OP_HODLing decision.

OP_HODLing 1000 BTC for a year, might not affect the market cap of BTC but OP_HODLing 15323000 BTC for a year surely would... So while a small amount may not be a big issue, in the case of STEEM where >99.5% has at times been removed from active circulation/easily available supply I think it would distort valuations due to scarcity as Bytemaster's pump comment seems to acknowledge.

I think it should still count towards 'total supply' and therefore the overall/true valuation but that it shouldn't count towards 'available supply' as CMC currently ranks. So I think CMC's current approach is largely correct.

While I'm not a fan of Steem, so possibly bias, given that you are the lead dev for Hodl which also uses high inflation/dilution to incentivise the locking up/vesting of supply, I think you may be slightly bias too in what should constitute 'available supply'. Love the squirrel branding though btw. Obviously up to CMC to decide what they think is best. Apologies for clogging up their thread.
bytemaster

fractally

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2016, 02:40:00 PM

The debate about whether Vesting STEEM or locked up HODL should be included in the market cap should be separated from the debate on whether "founders" coins should be counted. Conflating these two concepts can seriously misrepresent things.

Suppose that the vesting period was just 1 week? Would that change the opinion on whether or not they should be counted?  Suppose it was 1 month?  At what point in time do vesting tokens get "taken out of supply"?

1% of all STEEM could be on the market within 7 days.
5% of all STEEM could be on the market within a month.
50% of all STEEM could be on the market this year.
100% of all STEEM is available for BULK trades today.

Clearly vesting for 1 hour or even 20 hours counts in the supply of Bitcoin (time until new coins are transferrable).

So now we are left with drawing some kind of arbitrary line in the sand. It comes down to a "net present value" calculation.

One thing is certain, a $285K market cap and ranking at over 100 on CMC is grossly out of proportion with actual interest and capital investment in the Steem blockchain.

I am all for having some kind of sanity check on whether or not a platform's "valuation" is fair and reasonable.  

You will note that coins held by the Eth Foundation are included along with coins held by Satoshi.  Even the vesting stake from BitShares has been included for the past year and a half along with the "founders stake" in BitShares.

I am mostly arguing for consistency and fairness of rankings.

https://fractally.com - the next generation of decentralized autonomous organizations (DAOs).
Jim_Rambler

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 04:59:10 PM

Well I don't think the problem is the use of (OP_CHECKLOCKTIMEVERIFY), which was added to Bitcoin (https://github.com/bitcoin/bips/blob/master/bip-0065.mediawiki) and nice to see being used in other coins.

The problem STEEM has is it was 99% NinjaMined which is worst and more dishonest then PreMined. This was amplifed with public post in other threads. Gliss has STEEM listed proper as it is right now in my eyes, like Ripple.
bytemaster

fractally

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2016, 05:53:26 PM

Well I don't think the problem is the use of (OP_CHECKLOCKTIMEVERIFY), which was added to Bitcoin (https://github.com/bitcoin/bips/blob/master/bip-0065.mediawiki) and nice to see being used in other coins.

The problem STEEM has is it was 99% NinjaMined which is worst and more dishonest then PreMined. This was amplifed with public post in other threads. Gliss has STEEM listed proper as it is right now in my eyes, like Ripple.

99% NinjaMined is inaccurate. If you want to talk about founder mining then 60% NinjaMined is right.

The question of "origin of tokens" is almost irrelevant, all that matters is "current ownership" and "present value".

Gliss (OP)

Activity: 258
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2016, 05:03:06 PM

The debate about whether Vesting STEEM or locked up HODL should be included in the market cap should be separated from the debate on whether "founders" coins should be counted. Conflating these two concepts can seriously misrepresent things.

Suppose that the vesting period was just 1 week? Would that change the opinion on whether or not they should be counted?  Suppose it was 1 month?  At what point in time do vesting tokens get "taken out of supply"?

Clearly vesting for 1 hour or even 20 hours counts in the supply of Bitcoin (time until new coins are transferrable).

So now we are left with drawing some kind of arbitrary line in the sand. It comes down to a "net present value" calculation.

One thing is certain, a $285K market cap and ranking at over 100 on CMC is grossly out of proportion with actual interest and capital investment in the Steem blockchain.

I am all for having some kind of sanity check on whether or not a platform's "valuation" is fair and reasonable.  

You will note that coins held by the Eth Foundation are included along with coins held by Satoshi.  Even the vesting stake from BitShares has been included for the past year and a half along with the "founders stake" in BitShares.

I agree with this.  Steem's current available supply is a placeholder until we can figure out the calculation. 

So we can make a better informed decision, can someone answer these questions:

What is the vesting period on Steem?
How many coins do the founders hold?

Crypto-currency market cap rankings @ https://coinmarketcap.com
bytemaster

fractally

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2016, 11:38:24 PM

I agree with this.  Steem's current available supply is a placeholder until we can figure out the calculation. 

So we can make a better informed decision, can someone answer these questions:

What is the vesting period on Steem?
How many coins do the founders hold?

Steem held by Steemit, Inc: 14,331,475.907   https://steemit.com/@steemit   -> this is the total STEEM and VESTING STEEM combined (57%).

Steem paid to employees and contractors should not be counted as founders, they are free to sell like anyone else.

Steem vesting can be viewed as a perfectly laddered / rotating 2 year CD.   The "average time until maturity" is 1 year.  Ie: 1% is available in 1 week and 1% takes 2 years... 50% available in 1 year.

FreeTrade
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1030

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 07:08:07 AM

Hi Gliss,

Got a few updates for you on HOdlcoin -

1. Correct capitalization

HODLCoin -> HOdlcoin (The first two letters are capitalized only)

2. Updated block explorer

http://www.fuzzbawls.pw/explore/HOdlcoin/index.php

3. Available supply

http://www.fuzzbawls.pw/explore/HOdlcoin/api_fetch.php?method=moneysupply

('AvailableSupply')

4. Total supply

http://www.fuzzbawls.pw/explore/HOdlcoin/api_fetch.php?method=moneysupply

('TotalSupply')

5. Website

http://hodlcoin.com

(This current points to the ANN, but the website will soon go live, so no harm in updating it now rather than later)

Many thanks,

Membercoin - Layer 1 Coin used for the member.cash decentralized social network.
10% Interest On All Balances. Browser and Solo Mining. 100% Distributed to Users and Developers.
egghead123
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 06:29:32 PM

Hello Gliss

BitcoinPlus [XBC] http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bitcoin-plus/ has been added to cryptopia exchange.We would appreciate if you update this on http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bitcoin-plus/#markets

https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Exchange/?market=XBC_BTC

https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Content/Images/Logo-large.png

Thanks again

-egghead123
yoyoamigo

Activity: 622
Merit: 504

Your only Amigo, in the World of Crypto

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2016, 02:15:42 AM

Hi.

When will Newbium be added to Coinmarketcap?

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

dihydrogenmonoxide

Activity: 197
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 03:30:30 PM

BTC-e added ETH/BTC and DASH/BTC pairs today, please add these markets accordingly

--> https://btc-e.com/news/228

"The best way to convince a fool that he is wrong is to let him have his own way." - Josh Billings
2bacco

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

The Smoker Friendly Coin 2BACCO

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2016, 02:12:06 PM

Please add 2bacco coin to coinmarketcap.

I think 2bacco was on coinmarketcap last year,

but we are in the midst of upgrading the wallet,

nonetheless thank you for past support and

looking forwards to seeing 2bacco coin at coinmarketcap again Smiley

2bacco main thread at bitcointalk
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1096693.0

2BACCO Coin |  Main Thread At Bitcointalk.org |  Crowdfunding | Upgrading to POS | Add 2bacco To Mining Pools | Mine 2bacco |
2BACCO.COM | 2BACCO CROWDFUNDING | Twitter for @2bacco_2bacco | Facebook 2bacco coin page                                                                I Look Forwards To Buying My Cigarettes With 2bacco coin
Pages: « 1 ... 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 [229] 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 »
  Print  

Jump to: