Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 12:01:21 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 [188] 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 ... 255 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CoinMarketCap.com - Market Cap Rankings of All Cryptocurrencies!  (Read 639443 times)
SwissCrypt

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 07:05:04 AM

Used to be the best, maybe, I will rate it just ok atm, with a negative outlook if they don't correct themselves.
They should do some homework, and maybe learn a bit how real market capitalization work, otherwise it's only a joke.  Wink
Bansheroom

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 10:00:57 AM

Hey Paycoin (XPY) Coin Supply and CoinMarketCap needs to be fixed asap.   It should be up much higher on the coinmarketcap list.
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/xpy/  if you guys are waiting until POW is over to update it disregard my message.

Coinmarketcap knows of the problem. They have been told days ago. They argue not to count coins hold by investors that cant sell them, but what about ripple where 90% of the coins are held by investors? Why are they treated otherwise? Customer coins have been released yesterday. Coinmarketcap has been informed, just they decided to do nothing and still show false numbers.

In my eyes coinmarketcap is biased and is misleading people intentionally. They have lost much of their credibility and much less people will take them serious in the future.

they ar still best site and do it for free, they can do some fails sometimes

They have shown no reaction to mails tweets and postings here for over 72 hours now.
We can now be sure that coinmarketcap displays proven wrong data intentionally.

They are not the best, they have been a long time the best but its over.

What they do is no mistake but a criminal act.

Always get cryptonews, free bitcoins, free altcoins and free mining opportunities: follow @Bansheroom on Twitter
inBitweTrust

Activity: 658
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 11:05:44 AM

They are doing the right thing by being careful judging from the way this has been launched and all the last minute changes made by Homero.

I applaud them for their patience and due diligence.

IMHO, they should wait at least 1 more week and see who those investors are before including those sums in the Market CAP.

People who suggest there is a double standards because of ripple have no idea what they are talking about because:

1)  Ripple(new version) has been in existence since 2012
2) 2/3rd of ripples are not calculated in the market cap by CoinMarketCap 30,881,360,458 XRP Available Supply vs    99,999,834,801 XRP Total Supply
3) The owners of large sums of ripples are mostly known unlike with paycoin

The fact that they are not caving into the demands and pleas of Paycoin is commendable and grows my respect for them.

p.s... I am not some Ripple apologist either, I dislike the coin and what it represents.

Bansheroom

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 05:04:30 PM
Last edit: December 21, 2014, 05:14:31 PM by Bansheroom

They are doing the right thing by being careful judging from the way this has been launched and all the last minute changes made by Homero.

I applaud them for their patience and due diligence.

IMHO, they should wait at least 1 more week and see who those investors are before including those sums in the Market CAP.

People who suggest there is a double standards because of ripple have no idea what they are talking about because:

1)  Ripple(new version) has been in existence since 2012
2) 2/3rd of ripples are not calculated in the market cap by CoinMarketCap 30,881,360,458 XRP Available Supply vs    99,999,834,801 XRP Total Supply
3) The owners of large sums of ripples are mostly known unlike with paycoin

The fact that they are not caving into the demands and pleas of Paycoin is commendable and grows my respect for them.

p.s... I am not some Ripple apologist either, I dislike the coin and what it represents.

If they are "careful judging" they should not call that they show market caps, that's a complete different thing.
They pretend to be neutral and list only and they state nowhere that they manipulate numbers, but they do.
Also the owners of large bitcoin sums are mostly unknown. How many value does coinmarketcap subtracts from btc? Same is true for litecoin, darkcoin and 99% of all other coins. Who owns the coins has nothing to do with the market cap.

Always get cryptonews, free bitcoins, free altcoins and free mining opportunities: follow @Bansheroom on Twitter
inBitweTrust

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 06:09:51 PM

If they are "careful judging" they should not call that they show market caps, that's a complete different thing.
They pretend to be neutral and list only and they state nowhere that they manipulate numbers, but they do.
Also the owners of large bitcoin sums are mostly unknown. How many value does coinmarketcap subtracts from btc? Same is true for litecoin, darkcoin and 99% of all other coins. Who owns the coins has nothing to do with the market cap.

There is a big difference between POW distribution and a currency where most of it is POS premine.
Following your logic I could create a new POS coin, get a small group of adopters willing to invest in it, say the other premine coins are held by secret investors and instantly beat BTC market cap.

I am not suggesting that paycoin should be limited forever but only that we need more careful analysis of what is going on before using faith in one companies claims.

Bansheroom

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 06:24:40 PM

There is a big difference between POW distribution and a currency where most of it is POS premine.
Following your logic I could create a new POS coin, get a small group of adopters willing to invest in it, say the other premine coins are held by secret investors and instantly beat BTC market cap.

I am not suggesting that paycoin should be limited forever but only that we need more careful analysis of what is going on before using faith in one companies claims.

No you could not. No one would buy your coin for a reasonable price. If you think you can, try it and it will be a big fail.

Coinmarketcap only lists mined coins. I personally don't only own coins that i have mined during PoW but also coins that have been given as a customer. I can move them around and sell them. I already used some of them. According to coinmarketcap about 70% of my coins that i have used already don't even exist. Same is true for all other customers, they got all their coins and can do whatever they want with them. Coinmarketcaps numbers are wrong. They don't list coins that exist and can be moved around by normal users, not even talking of large investors coins.

What do you want to analyze and what has faith to do with market cap?

inBitweTrust

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 06:45:30 PM

No you could not. No one would buy your coin for a reasonable price. If you think you can, try it and it will be a big fail.

I just created a coin called POShitcoin, sold  5 to my brother for 10 dollars each. The rest are held by "private investors" and there are 1 billion coins total. So by your logic my marketcap should be 10 billion right?

You understand there are different ways to consider marketcap and not everyone has to follow your guidelines right? Perhaps one of coinmarketcaps guidelines is to try and verify the claims and do a little due diligence first before suggesting a coin has one of the largest market caps?

Coinmarketcap only lists mined coins. I personally don't only own coins that i have mined during PoW but also coins that have been given as a customer. I can move them around and sell them. I already used some of them. According to coinmarketcap about 70% of my coins that i have used already don't even exist. Same is true for all other customers, they got all their coins and can do whatever they want with them. Coinmarketcaps numbers are wrong. They don't list coins that exist and can be moved around by normal users, not even talking of large investors coins.

They list your coins:
12,343,204 XPY total

http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/paycoin2/

With the amount of last minute changes, false statements and exaggerations coming from that company , It is prudent and wise to wait a few more days before making any changes to confirm everything.

I understand you have drunken the koolaid and are upset , but the rest of us who aren't brainwashed have some serious concerns and think it is wise to proceed with caution.

Bansheroom

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 06:56:20 PM

I just created a coin called POShitcoin, sold  5 to my brother for 10 dollars each. The rest are held by "private investors" and there are 1 billion coins total. So by your logic my marketcap should be 10 billion right?

You understand there are different ways to consider marketcap and not everyone has to follow your guidelines right? Perhaps one of coinmarketcaps guidelines is to try and verify the claims and do a little due diligence first before suggesting a coin has one of the largest market caps?

They list your coins:
12,343,204 XPY total

http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/paycoin2/

With the amount of last minute changes, false statements and exaggerations coming from that company , It is prudent and wise to wait a few more days before making any changes to confirm everything.

I understand you have drunken the koolaid and are upset , but the rest of us who aren't brainwashed have some serious concerns and think it is wise to proceed with caution.

5,593,204 XPY is listed as new number of accessible coins, still wrong, but its getting better.
Seems as if they are stumbling around half blind looking for the correct numbers.

And again: Market cap is pure math only! "false statements and exaggerations" have NOTHING to do with market cap, get it.

inBitweTrust

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 07:16:57 PM

Seems as if they are stumbling around half blind looking for the correct numbers.

With the amount of last minute changes to this launch, can you blame them? This is a highly unregulated IPO/ICO which may even be illegal. What is wrong about being careful? There are many unanswered questions that create large red flags  like -
https://hashtalk.org/topic/24461/can-we-see-the-registration-as-msb/2

And again: Market cap is pure math only! "false statements and exaggerations" have NOTHING to do with market cap, get it.

Why don't you create a competing site that uses simple math to compare coinmarket caps. Coinmarketcap has different metrics to judge how many coins are in circulation than you. They aren't counting over 2/3rds of ripples either.

A Better judge of a coins strength would be an algorithm that compared price to average daily liquidity because Bitcoin's 4-5 billion market cap is bullshit as well.

Bansheroom

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 07:25:55 PM

With the amount of last minute changes to this launch, can you blame them? This is a highly unregulated IPO/ICO which may even be illegal. What is wrong about being careful? There are many unanswered questions that create large red flags  like -

Why don't you create a competing site that uses simple math to compare coinmarket caps. Coinmarketcap has different metrics to judge how many coins are in circulation than you. They aren't counting over 2/3rds of ripples either.

A Better judge of a coins strength would be an algorithm that compared price to average daily liquidity because Bitcoin's 4-5 billion market cap is bullshit as well.

Last minute changes....have ZERO relevance for market cap.

Why should i do? Only thing i want that they CLEARY state that their numbers are manipulated. They pretend to show "Crypto-Currency Market Capitalizations" but show manipulated numbers that have nothing to do with "Market Capitalizations".

inBitweTrust

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 07:34:20 PM

Why should i do? Only thing i want that they CLEARY state that their numbers are manipulated. They pretend to show "Crypto-Currency Market Capitalizations" but show manipulated numbers that have nothing to do with "Market Capitalizations".

There is no secret that they calculate market cap on their perceived available supply after they investigate. This is the same for all other coins.

You seem to have a sense of entitlement into thinking that a free website should hurry up or just have faith in a botched IPO which is now on its 3rd last minute hardfork -
https://hashtalk.org/topic/24985/pow-to-pos-change-over-should-be-in-progress/52

The rest of us are more reasonable and want to do a bit more research and verify all the claims made.

You appear to have a nervous sense of urgency that is very telling. All will get sorted out in time. Lets see how this launch goes first.

I would recommend that coinmarketcap wait even longer(1 to 2 more weeks at least) and verify some of the underlying claims.

PilotofBTC
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 07:36:04 PM

I'm not sure where the coin population of XPY comes from. But, there are currently

"moneysupply" : 12343204.03970300,

Coins.
Bansheroom

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 07:39:53 PM

There is no secret that they calculate market cap on their perceived available supply after they investigate. This is the same for all other coins.

You seem to have a sense of entitlement into thinking that a free website should hurry up or just have faith in a botched IPO which is now on its 3rd last minute hardfork -
https://hashtalk.org/topic/24985/pow-to-pos-change-over-should-be-in-progress/52

The rest of us are more reasonable and want to do a bit more research and verify all the claims made.

As long as it is not stated on the homepage it is a secret.
If you trust XPY or not, cap is the same. If you like/trust GaW, XPY, MS, apple, exxon or whatever company or coin has ZERO relevance for their market cap.

Who is "the rest of us"? You can speak for you alone and no one else.

inBitweTrust

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 07:41:10 PM

I'm not sure where the coin population of XPY comes from. But, there are currently

"moneysupply" : 12343204.03970300,

Coins.

Yes, and coinmarketcap has always shown that .... and look ... they just updated their site to now reflect 5,593,204 XPY available supply showing a number 4 spot on coin market cap .....

Gliss (OP)

Activity: 258
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2014, 07:42:50 PM

XPY Available supply now reflects the amount in circulation as shown on the block explorer: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/xpy/

With the amount of last minute changes to this launch, can you blame them? This is a highly unregulated IPO/ICO which may even be illegal. What is wrong about being careful? There are many unanswered questions that create large red flags  like -

Numbers aren't manipulated.  Excluding the amount held by the issuers is just another useful way to calculate a market cap:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_float

If you want to see rankings based on the total supply issued, there is special view for that:   http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/views/market-cap-by-total-supply/

Crypto-currency market cap rankings @ https://coinmarketcap.com
inBitweTrust

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 07:43:40 PM

As long as it is not stated on the homepage it is a secret.
If you trust XPY or not, cap is the same. If you like/trust GaW, XPY, MS, apple, exxon or whatever company or coin has ZERO relevance for their market cap.

Who is "the rest of us"? You can speak for you alone and no one else.

Coin market cap already is matching paycoins explorer...
http://coinmarketcap.com/

So you were getting all pissed off this whole time because a single site operator wasn't doing his research quick enough during the holidays?

Ridiculous.

Bansheroom

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 07:50:07 PM

XPY Available supply now reflects the amount in circulation as shown on the block explorer: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/xpy/

With the amount of last minute changes to this launch, can you blame them? This is a highly unregulated IPO/ICO which may even be illegal. What is wrong about being careful? There are many unanswered questions that create large red flags  like -

Numbers aren't manipulated.  Excluding the amount held by the issuers is just another useful way to calculate a market cap:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_float

If you want to see rankings based on the total supply issued, there is special view for that:   http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/views/market-cap-by-total-supply/

Your numbers are still wrong. According to your last post that i quoted here, the issuers (GaW) hold 7 million XPY. Thats not true.

PilotofBTC
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 07:55:24 PM

Ah ok thanks, that excludes the coins in Prime controllers.

Got it!
DiCE1904
Legendary

Activity: 1118
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2014, 10:42:47 PM

Just lost all my respect CoinMarketcap. shouldn't of been strong armed with how you calculated paycoins market cap

jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 11:11:49 PM

Just lost all my respect CoinMarketcap. shouldn't of been strong armed with how you calculated paycoins market cap

I'm also disappointed.

It's widely known by now that the creator is a pathological bullshitter who makes up huge claims purely for sales. Everything they do/claim is a marketing ploy that always fails to materialize.

There are no investors who bought 4.8m paycoins for $100m and and there aren't 7.2m coins distributed to customers.

Most likely likely 50-500k coins have been distributed to customers and the rest is owned by GAW.

11.5 million coins haven't even been moved since being premined.
Pages: « 1 ... 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 [188] 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 ... 255 »
  Print  

Jump to: