Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 07:55:52 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What Is Bitcoin?  (Read 4988 times)
skyline247 (OP)

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 05:27:21 AM
Last edit: July 02, 2017, 07:54:58 AM by skyline247

I personally know quite a bit about Bitcoin. However, this thread is for the community here. The idea is every post should contain NEW info which hasn't previously been posted in this thread.

For example, I will start with the obvious: Bitcoin is internet money

Is this a perfect explanation? Of course not. This is where you come in.

Please post the most detailed aspects about Bitcoin you know, without repeating any info previously posted in this thread.

The idea is as we scroll down, the discussion should get continually more complicated as we dig further into the technology, development, history, etc.

Make sense?

So I will repeat the starting point: Bitcoin is internet money
CrewKitten

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 05:29:37 AM

I am a noob when it comes to Bitcoin. But I know that there are 2 types of "keys".

Key #1 is PUBLIC - you will give this to anyone who wants to send you Bitcoins

Key #2 is PRIVATE - you will use this to get your Bitcoins and should keep it a secret
Holliday
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1010

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 05:31:03 AM

Decentralized truth ledger.

If you aren't the sole controller of your private keys, you don't have any bitcoins.
|Bitkoin|

Activity: 273
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 05:31:24 AM

Bitcoin is a virtual currency not unlike any other you might have come across while playing online games, except the technology is much stronger.
RedditMaster

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 05:33:35 AM

Bitcoin is like Reddit Gold, but way better to get.  Cool

p.s. See username. I know what I am talking about. haha
BitcoinBallerina

Activity: 308

Presale is live!

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 05:37:16 AM

Somehow my brain managed to short out from just these 3 words. Probably because I am clueless about Bitcoin. Care to explain in greater detail?

Holliday
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1010

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 06:03:37 AM

Somehow my brain managed to short out from just these 3 words. Probably because I am clueless about Bitcoin. Care to explain in greater detail?

Do your homework. Look up the definition of these three words, combine them together, and voila: Bitcoin.

If you aren't the sole controller of your private keys, you don't have any bitcoins.
|Bitkoin|

Activity: 273

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 07:52:14 AM

It means there is no central authority which controls Bitcoin. Rather, all computers in the network must agree, hence "Decentralized truth".
Sweetbtc

Activity: 938
Merit: 503

👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 11:35:14 PM

I personally know quite a bit about Bitcoin. However, this thread is for the community here. The idea is every post should contain NEW info which hasn't previously been posted in this thread.

Please post the most detailed aspects about Bitcoin you know, without repeating any info previously posted in this thread.

The idea is as we scroll down, the discussion should get continually more complicated as we dig further into the technology, development, history, etc.

Make sense?

Simple thing to explain bitcoin for me is that: Bitcoin is an internet money where in people have the chanve to earn it in so many ways.

.TONUP..
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄███████▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████▄░▄▄▀█████▀▄████▄
▄███████▄▀█▄▀██▀▄███████▄
█████████▄▀█▄▀▄██████████
██████████▄▀█▄▀██████████
██████████▀▄▀█▄▀█████████
▀███████▀▄██▄▀█▄▀███████▀
▀████▀▄█████▄▀▀░▀█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀█████▄
▄██████████▀▀█████▐████▄
██████▀▀████▄▄▀▀█████████
████▄▄███▄██▀█████▐██████
█████████▀██████████████
▀███████▌▐██████▐██████▀
▀███████▄▄███▄████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████▀▀███▀▀███▀▀██▀███▄
████▀███████▀█▀███▀█████
██████████████████████
████▄███████▄█▄███▄█████
▀████▄▄███▄▄███▄▄██▄███▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
...JOIN NOW...
itsallpc

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 12:23:57 AM

Make sense?

Some term it as digital gold.But bitcoin is a digital currency with decentralized nature.
rudel777

Activity: 139

"no man stumble twice in a single stone"

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 12:47:28 AM

bitcoin is the most indemand cryptocurency (Internet money)

Signature for Rent
gidaahmad

Activity: 476

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 12:53:24 AM

Make sense?

Bitcoin is the Digital currency with Blockchain technology. That's my opinion. Same with your opinion
cengsuwuei

Activity: 714
Merit: 516

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 01:12:06 AM

bitcoin is crypto curency,
crypto curency this mean digital curency, digital money and can convert fiat money , real money

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.14..

..Buy Now..

UCHCHILD

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 01:23:41 AM

A digital money that most of internet enthusiast uses to avail online stuffs also a decentralized money that features good characteristic of crypto currency and to compare to fiat it is more good Cheesy like controlling by the government and also does not have tax every time you have an income government cannot elimanate tax on it which is a bit burden especially those who get big amount of bitcoin. Therefore it cannot control by the government at all. Also the most popular crypto currency and in demand.
Sniper44

Activity: 714
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 01:54:21 AM

a peer to peer electronic cash system which is trustless and instead relies on cryptographic proof to transact money which is also irreversible.

that is the gist of what the paper says and i like it.

to the moon with bitcoin...
ArIMy11

Activity: 519
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 02:11:43 AM

Make sense?

Bitcoin is an important discovery or first important success of information technology to make a decentralized and secure payment system and something use for storage, and auditing information, including the values digital representation. Unlike the traditional payment system and traditional computer networks, bitcoin is not manage or controlled the operation by any other centralized authority or any company. All I knew the bitcoin is introduced to whole world as an open source project. Furthermore a bitcoin is an intangible object of account that facilitates the decentralized computer network of bitcoin users.

███    TWITTER     MOCKTAIL     WHITEPAPER     ███
███       ANN                        FIRST SEMI-FUNGIBLE TOKEN ON BSC        SMART CONTRACT    ███
███  TELEGRAM       SWAP             PANCAKE      ███
Hammonds

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 02:28:00 AM

Many say bitcoin is the internet currency, but for me bitcoin is the future. Cool
doomistake

Activity: 1400
Merit: 571

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 02:55:31 AM

Do your homework. Look up the definition of these three words, combine them together, and voila: Bitcoin.

Correct. It would be better if we are the one who is going to find out what bitcoin really is, in that way we could easily answer all of the questions here in this forum since we do have enough knowledge about it. You could also prevent someone on scamming you if you have knowledge about this crypto world, so avoid asking too many questions, do a research about it instead.
Kingofbitcoin12345

Activity: 462
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 03:19:57 AM

Bitcoin just change any concept of currency, its undeniable popular today at will still be in the future.

____________yahoo62278 CAMPAIGN MANAGER________  ◥◥  The Best & Most Popular Manager  ◤◤  ____________
ICO Manager          Bounty Manager          Signature Campaign Manager          Twitter Campaign Manager
█████████████████████████   ADD "yahoo62278" on Telegram & Skype   █████████████████████████
skyline247 (OP)

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 07:04:00 PM

Thanks for your replies. Smiley

Anyone else care to share what Bitcoin is for you? I like to read the different views. Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: